FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was always giving me meal suggestions...trying to get me to make green smoothies...telling me what to add in them to make them more nutrient dense. She would be very specific about Brands and knew alternative ingredients that were less expensive. Of course, my eyes would glaze over because I hate to cook...I tried to listen :) I still think she was getting the Chef's services at a discount because she has their link on her resources page...that would be something she might do, I think (no matter what that article says about the cost...that seemed like a promo piece). She got her professional pics done Pro Bono (think she was thanking the photographer on her FB page)...just little things I notice where she was trying to economize...maybe that was just always her way from her upbringing....don't know. JMO

Where I live, it is very common for professionals to get services pro bono . They trade services for free private school tuition or food, for instance.

I believe it is supposed to be reported as income, but I don't think it is very often.

Nothing new, just a few links for the Lee County Sheriff's office/ Facebook, News and Updates:

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/sheriffleefl

Sheriff Scott Update on Dr. Sievers Homicide Investigation

Monday, July 13, 2015

Website

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index
Sheriff Scott Update on Dr. Sievers Homicide Investigation

Monday, July 13, 2015

Our investigation continues progressing well and my team is working around the clock. I am personally following every aspect of this investigation and there...

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=13698

Homicide Investigation in Bonita Springs - Update #1

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Update #1
Lee County Sheriff’s Office Detectives are continuing the Homicide investigation at 27034 Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs.
Detecti...

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=13744

-No it's not

Have we seen this....sorry if it's a repeat...Is it ok to post this?

[video=youtube;2ZSM5_ng2DY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSM5_ng2DY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSM5_ng2DY[/video]

I don't really find that roof jumping thing all that odd. Sounds like fun to me.
I also don't find it odd that the father was the one seen most with the girls.
Starting to wonder about neighbours now.... JMO

Thanks for writing this. Some seemed to spend their day bashing others based on hearsay -- by some of those same neighbors -- who didn't phone the police when they heard shouting or a shrill scream.

We, however, spent our day like this:

DR. TERESA TOTTENHAM SIEVERS
images

A memorial service to celebrate the life of Dr.Teresa Tottenham-Sievers will be held at Ansonia High School, Saturday, July 18th, 2015. Friends and family may offer condolences from 9:00AM - 11:00AM. Memorial service will begin promptly at 11:00AM. The family is honoring Teresa with the color purple. Dr. Sievers, daughter of Mary Ann Aquila Longobardi Groves and the late John E. Tottenham, passed away in Florida on June 29, 2015. Members of the press are not invited.

A sea of purple, a beautiful service, laughter, tears, Teresa's voice in all our heads. I can hear Teresa shouting -- yes, she could use "colorful" language in her fireball kind of way -- just let those people think what they like and go out and do something positive. Right now, however, it's white wine and a bubble bath -- I'll start saving the world tomorrow.

People have seemed to forget the focus of this thread.
All of this, of course, is just my opinion. I am not sure why I checked in today of all days -- just wanted a distraction I suppose.

Thanks for letting me rant once again. Still no answers --

We're waiting in Connecticut

This happens when there is no news. Think of this board as something like the chorus in a Greek tragedy. People discuss whatever is posted and then as everyone follows through the trial, we see what is brought up.

If friends and family are reading this board, you have to take everything said with a grain of salt. Websleuths is a victim friendly board, yes, but we are still allowed to talk about the various aspects of the victim in her life. When we get out of line, the mods come in and delete messages and post reminders.

Whether the poster is verified or unverified, you have to take the information as possibly untrue. For instance, the part about the roof: we don't know if that happened or not. We can comment on the idea of it and whether or not it is odd or strange; that doesn't automatically mean we believe it.

Take heart, we want justice for Teresa and her family.

Thanks for writing this. Some seemed to spend their day bashing others based on hearsay -- by some of those same neighbors -- who didn't phone the police when they heard shouting or a shrill scream.

We, however, spent our day like this:

DR. TERESA TOTTENHAM SIEVERS
images

A memorial service to celebrate the life of Dr.Teresa Tottenham-Sievers will be held at Ansonia High School, Saturday, July 18th, 2015. Friends and family may offer condolences from 9:00AM - 11:00AM. Memorial service will begin promptly at 11:00AM. The family is honoring Teresa with the color purple. Dr. Sievers, daughter of Mary Ann Aquila Longobardi Groves and the late John E. Tottenham, passed away in Florida on June 29, 2015. Members of the press are not invited.

A sea of purple, a beautiful service, laughter, tears, Teresa's voice in all our heads. I can hear Teresa shouting -- yes, she could use "colorful" language in her fireball kind of way -- just let those people think what they like and go out and do something positive. Right now, however, it's white wine and a bubble bath -- I'll start saving the world tomorrow.

People have seemed to forget the focus of this thread.
All of this, of course, is just my opinion. I am not sure why I checked in today of all days -- just wanted a distraction I suppose.

Thanks for letting me rant once again. Still no answers --

We're waiting in Connecticut

I am very sorry for you and your family and truly hope that you will be able to find closure soon. While I understand the "ranting", please be assured that we all want to know who did this to Dr Sievers. Naturally there is a lot of guesswork involved at this time on our parts.

Please also remember, that the "shrill" or the "voices" - if they actually happened- may not even relate to the events that led to Dr Sievers' tragic passing.

Thank you for checking in today. We all want a conviction, not just an arrest.

-No it's not

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Maybe it is just me.
Are you saying women shouldn't be the sole financial provider and it is too stressful on a family for the father to stay at home?
What do you see with the Doctors personal life?

ETA - I ask because I think that is what we are missing from the picture the most. Her personal life.

I am saying while, like many families who look good on the outside, living in it on the inside was an awful experience. If anyone ever asked my advice, I would say,"Don't do it," based on my own experience. Some may do it, thrive, and live it. More power to them! I thought it was fine until I did it. The reversal of roles just didn't work for us. I can understand if the good doctor was heard yelling at her husband often. I know it is not right but I get it. We did not appreciate what the other brought to the reversed roles. I was actually angry I had to work when I wanted to be home with my kids, no matter how much I smiled and tried to seem happy. It was a disaster. I was not suited to be away from my young kids, he was not suited to be the nurtured, home-organizer. It stank.

Just a reminder that if your private message box is full we can't communicate. (insert sad face here)

I agree. I am pretty sure I would yell non-MotherTeresa words at my husband if I heard my children were jumping on the roof. I wonder if "office manager" might have been more of courtesy role and maybe the husband spent a lot of time at home. And one reason someone might think it is okay or fun for children to jump on the roof would be that one is on a prescription and not thinking clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am prepared for the beat down I'm going to get with this comment, but the first thing that enters my mind in a case with a murdered mother and young children "playing" on the steeply pitched roof is the possibility of a serious or fatal accident with an insurance payoff or lawsuit. Jmho

I am saying while, like many families who look good on the outside, living in it on the inside was an awful experience. If anyone ever asked my advice, I would say,"Don't do it," based on my own experience. Some may do it, thrive, and live it. More power to them! I thought it was fine until I did it. The reversal of roles just didn't work for us. I can understand if the good doctor was heard yelling at her husband often. I know it is not right but I get it. We did not appreciate what the other brought to the reversed roles. I was actually angry I had to work when I wanted to be home with my kids, no matter how much I smiled and tried to seem happy. It was a disaster. I was not suited to be away from my young kids, he was not suited to be the nurtured, home-organizer. It stank.

Ditto. I was angry too, now my kids are grown and have their own lives, and it is my biggest regret.

Actually I read once that part of the reason for the shortage of doctors is because women get their MDs and by the time they get to practice they have had kids and want to go part time or quit practicing.

It happens a lot in the medical world...

Makes perfect sense. It's not for everybody. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

As I have mentioned, I am a doctor's wife and stay at home mom to teenagers now. It's a very lonely life if you let it get to you. I'll sometimes go two days without seeing my husband. We rarely vacation together, and if we do he usually arrives late and/or leaves before we do. So I totally get that part that she left before he and the kids did (from CT).

I have a friend whose wife is an obgyn and they have 5 kids and he is a stay at home dad. He is flustered all the time.

You have to be independent and strong if you are married to a doctor: the lifestyle is not to everyone. It's hard and I have seen many marriages go to h*ll in very ugly ways in the medical world.

Sometimes the busy fast pace just breaks people.

And, yes, marriage building has to be a priority or the marriage will have two miserable people in it.

As I have mentioned, I am a doctor's wife and stay at home mom to teenagers now. It's a very lonely life if you let it get to you. I'll sometimes go two days without seeing my husband. We rarely vacation together, and if we do he usually arrives late and/or leaves before we do. So I totally get that part that she left before he and the kids did (from CT).

I have a friend whose wife is an obgyn and they have 5 kids and he is a stay at home dad. He is flustered all the time.

You have to be independent and strong if you are married to a doctor: the lifestyle is not to everyone. It's hard and I have seen many marriages go to hell in very ugly ways in the medical world.

Sometimes the busy fast pace just breaks people.

And, yes, marriage building has to be a priority or the marriage will have two miserable people in it.

I agree but it remains to be seen if that is what we have here. I don't see any evidence of it but there isn't that much info to go by yet. It is an odd case.

For sure we don't know but it wouldn't surprise me..... Just adding commentary. If he really did work at her office that may have been a good thing for him and them...

If at least one daughter was homeschooled, could he work at the office?

Probably not. Or in a very limited capacity. Most spouses work in the practice only as little as allowed to be able to draw a salary and contribute to social security (basically tax benefits). My dh's practice actually has a "no spouse in the office" policy: they want to keep home and work life separate to keep the stress down.

She was always giving me meal suggestions...trying to get me to make green smoothies...telling me what to add in them to make them more nutrient dense. She would be very specific about Brands and knew alternative ingredients that were less expensive. Of course, my eyes would glaze over because I hate to cook...I tried to listen :) I still think she was getting the Chef's services at a discount because she has their link on her resources page...that would be something she might do, I think (no matter what that article says about the cost...that seemed like a promo piece). She got her professional pics done Pro Bono (think she was thanking the photographer on her FB page)...just little things I notice where she was trying to economize...maybe that was just always her way from her upbringing....don't know. JMO

* meant to say... so I THINK she can cook....but who knows...Think I'll go make a green smoothie in her honor...

Helper,.....I am so glad you are on this thread to help us better understand Dr. Siever...

And... I am sorry for your loss... :praying:

As far as I know Dr. Riley wasn't into holistic medicine. She was a physician who worked for the hospital in Albany, Georgia at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. She lived not far from us in the same county.

Then on July 1st, Lisa Riley DO, 34, residing in Lee County, Georgia, was found murdered in her home, with a gunshot wound to the head. Her husband was originally suspected, as he made the call to 911 to report her death, but many feel as though he’s being framed. Investigators have called her death mysterious.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/5-...ssing-month-run-ins-feds/#swSzrc4kJXXCovuz.99

This information is incorrect as far as Dr. Riley. They have not determined her MOD at this time and its still being investigated by the GBI. I haven't heard anyone here say they believe her husband is being framed. Far from it, most that I have spoken with believe he is involved. It seems the women in his life at the time wound up being shot.

A few years back when he lived in Miami his ex accused him of trying to murder her. He was a professional boxer at the time and somewhat of a celebrity. He was found NG in that case, iirc.

However; he must have other offenses since when the death of his wife happened he was picked up for a probation violation and remains in jail until the 21st of this month. One of our grandsons is with the Sheriff's department and said he is being held in a cell by himself.

IMO

Thank you for clarifying this situation....

It leads me to believe the article I read previously may be sensationalizing the connection between the deaths of these doctors...

JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member