FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question - was her cell phone missing? And, if so, can it be determined through her cell phone number recent phone calls which were made to and from her and the duration of them? Thanks in advance,

I have a question - was her cell phone missing? And, if so, can it be determined through her cell phone number recent phone calls which were made to and from her and the duration of them? Thanks in advance,

WE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION! We are stuck with so little to try and understand the circumstances of her murder.

WE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION! We are stuck with so little to try and understand the circumstances of her murder.

I commented previously that someone with personal knowledge about the case said that emails and text messages are important evidence in this case (paraphrasing). Even if the phone was missing LE can obtain that information.

I commented previously that someone with personal knowledge about the case said that emails and text messages are important evidence in this case (paraphrasing). Even if the phone was missing LE can obtain that information.

I'm sure LE has that information and more-- The media and us don't

Yes, your post topic has resonated with me as well. Maybe some one was cheating or stealing from practice.
I want to know what the pastor and sister know. To be a fly on the detectives wall...

Releasing additional crime specific information (TOD of the victim, murder weapon, suspicious vehicles etc.) at this time by LE could be vary dangerous for the unsub's surroundings.

Unless he/she/they are being tailed for 24/7 and/or the perp lives alone, family members could be exposed to an unexpected outburst of hopelessness and live ending threats.

Also, it may literally take some time and space to have the perpetrator(s) make a wrong move. Not saying that's the case here, but the questions they were asking neighbors sure let's one think that way.

Just another reason that justifies silence in this case. Oh and patience too..

-Nin

As I understand it, they can get data about texts such as time, date, sender, and recipient. However they cannot get the content of the messages without the phone.

If you're talking about the units setting just outside the side door to the garage, they look like water softening units to me.
Someone I quoted said that they wondered if they (trash compactor) was always left outside all the time. I found this picture to show that it looked like the çsi put it outside of the garage to make room. Imoo p.s. I have no idea what a water softening units or a outdoor trash compactor looks like.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

As I understand it, they can get data about texts such as time, date, sender, and recipient. However they cannot get the content of the messages without the phone.

You are probably correct as far as LE not being able to obtain text message content, unless the provider has it stored somewhere. (I'm not a techie). But between the phone numbers, times, and emails LE can put together a likely scenario.

It is interesting that the word "truth" comes up so often in this thread. It makes me think that someone did not want their "truth" to be discovered. I just find it ironic that she was home and more importantly, home alone and I think the perpetrator knew this. There was nothing stolen. That leads me to think that this was a "personal" murder conducted by someone she knew and someone who did not want his/her "truth" to be revealed. JMO
Just wondering if it is a fact that nothing was stolen because I don't remember reading this. If true, this may be significant because it may indicate a personal murder versus a burglary gone bad.

I wonder if it's possible that the killer didn't know she was home at the time and thought he was breaking into an unoccupied house to commit a burglary. Upon hearing a noise (him trying to force the door open) ,she opens it ,screams ( he verbally tries to quiet her),then he panics ,kills her and leaves...just a thought.

Exactly! People w/ interesting lives are unfortunate victims of home invasions every day – the two are not mutually exclusive. A targeted home (not person) is my strongest theory in this case, either w/ the motive to burglarize in the misbelief this family was away; or, a peeping tom with a fixation on someone in the house , who TS stumbled upon. The perp got away on foot and no way took a chance at parking a car ‘down the street’ or across a more traveled Terry Rd/dog park (even in the wee hrs.) … I don’t think they had far to go.

Someone I quoted said that they wondered if they (trash compactor) was always left outside all the time. I found this picture to show that it looked like the çsi put it outside of the garage to make room. Imoo p.s. I have no idea what a water softening units or a outdoor trash compactor looks like.

That is very possible. Scout posted they could be water softening units. After comparing the units that are on the market, I believe that is correct! Thanks Scout!
Softening units would be connected to a water source and then to the water heater. So they would typically be inside the garage next to the water heater. As you suggest, they might have been moved outside by CS personnel, or they are stored outside and are disconnected for some reason (replaced perhaps?).

-Nin

That is very possible. Scout posted they could be water softening units. After comparing the units that are on the market, I believe that is correct! Thanks Scout!
Softening units would be connected to a water source and then to the water heater. So they would typically be inside the garage next to the water heater. As you suggest, they might have been moved outside by CS personnel, or they are stored outside and are disconnected for some reason (replaced perhaps?).

-Nin
Thank you NiN and Scout. I was wondering what it was and it's purpose ..

Thank you NiN and Scout. I was wondering what it was and it's purpose ..

It looks to be a water softening unit installed outdoors and tapped into the plumbing system. In warmer climates that’s often done, esp if there are space issues inside the garage. (They either come with protective covers or you should have it covered against the direct sun.) I remember looking at older aerial views of this home/street on various websites after the murder, and that white unit was evident in the prior views. Sitting on some type of pad. On the opposite (north) side of the house is their pad w/ the pool pump & equipment.

What does the Hippocratic Oath specifically have to do with telling the truth unless it best serves the patient's health to do so?

First, do no harm. I just looked that up and was dismayed to learn that that is not part of the Hippocratic Oath. Too bad, I always thought that was an excellent and admirable sentiment.

My thought about the HO together with the Truth might be something having to do with an attitude of Don't Hawk Snake Oil kind of thing. Psychic surgery, woowoo treatments on the extreme side, lying about education, experience or qualifications, discovery of questionable or criminal behavior in someone's background and not wanting endorse that or deemed to be guilty by association...just some of the things involving the truth.

For those who aren't squeamish, google Black Salve. Extremely gruesome photos of heinous damage done by an old family recipe kind of "cancer cure".

It is interesting that the word "truth" comes up so often in this thread. It makes me think that someone did not want their "truth" to be discovered. I just find it ironic that she was home and more importantly, home alone and I think the perpetrator knew this. There was nothing stolen. That leads me to think that this was a "personal" murder conducted by someone she knew and someone who did not want his/her "truth" to be revealed. JMO

Bingo. Dr. Sievers was probably always with her family. The children were homeschooled, she worked with her husband. The facts so far point towards planning, and premeditation. IMO, clearly this was not a random crime, burglar surprised, or any other scenario that involves lack of knowledge of the victim and her family's whereabouts.

I'm going to bet the perp did not remove the victim's cell phone out of fear it could be tracked to their location, however, I do think if there were any incriminating calls/messages on the phone, the perp would attempt to delete those.

On that note, would be interesting if the perp used the victim's fingerprint to unlock the phone (assuming Dr. Sievers had a newer iPhone) and sent messages purporting to be her...whether the aim was to throw off TOD, more staging, etc.

Wow, that would really point to the idea of her, personally, being the target and not just the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018