FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also always lock both, but my wife almost never does, especially if she's only out for a short walk, etc. She's been known to forget both locks. Many people are careless or just in a hurry (the weak lock on the handle, as you know, requires only a momentary push or twist).

Same with alarms, by the way. Many people just don't bother unless they're away for the day, etc.

I am the opposite. I will get up at night and check the doors..while also giving me a reason to stop by the refrigerator..:blushing:

-Nin

Seems I am much more paranoid about lacking doors and alarm after reading about this case.

I was always one of those people who wouldn't lock the top door, until I was locked out and actually had to break into my apartment. I rarely forget the top lock now. :fear:

You rarely forget to lock it now, because you developed a habit not to forget. That's why I am wondering if those things outside the Sievers' house are some kind of trash compactors. Dr Sievers just came back from vacation, there won't be much trash. Unless it has to do with the dogs?? Anyway, she will have developed the same habit like you: She will lock whatever usually needs locking. It is reasonable to assume she would have done, what she always did. Due to not having a security camera outside that part of the house, I tend to believe she would always lock the dead bolt.

And I still don't understand why the latch of the dead bolt points to the lock..it should point to the opposite.

No rain.

-Nin

View attachment 79325

Here is an image for clarification. The inside has the twist lock mechanism and the key portion is on the outside of the door.

Do you know if the key lock insert in this picture can be pushed back, when locking the dead bolt? Does that mean one can see, whether the dead bolt is engaged or not by just checking the lock insert part?

sievers door deadlock.jpg

-Nin

Interesting thought about IF that 'jimmied' garage ped door was staged or not as I had not thought about the fact that you do need to lock a deadbolt from the outside WITH the key upon leavin although I know that. I've always been a door locker---I too check all doors after when we go to bed.

Still quiet in Bonita Springs so I've been reading a Topix forum on The Bluegrass Conspiracy. Read the book years ago, may read it again as more questions have come to mind lately.

Nin..... that pic of the deadbolt really does look to have a protruding key lock part BUT it also looks silver SO that could be the white stucco pattern and/or shadow in the background that looks to be part of the ext deadbolt. JMO. NO they don't push in when locked---at least in all the years I've been around construction I've never seen one made that way, ever.

Do you know if the key lock insert in this picture can be pushed back, when locking the dead bolt? Does that mean one can see, whether the dead bolt is engaged or not by just checking the lock insert part?

View attachment 79333

-Nin

That's a very interesting picture. It appears that the tumbler mechanism has been partially extracted from the key side. It could be that LE had a locksmith pull it to unlock the deadbolt without disturbing the exterior lock (for evidence preservation). However, that would be an indication that the deadbolt was locked when LE arrived on scene. That really would only leave 2 options: 1) the deadbolt was not engaged when the door was pried open, but then locked from inside the house before LE was on scene or 2) the perp had a key to the deadbolt and locked it open leaving. Since we know someone "discovered" Dr. Sievers and notified police, perhaps that person locked the deadbolt when leaving the house. jmho

WOW! Thank you, Mr. Linkologist! That was fast, and that was awesome! Thanks for finding and posting those videos!
And, thank you, Matlacha, for your comments!

This is my first post. I was actually obsessed with the story and was dismayed at how little coverage it received, and how few, if any comments I found about this case. A Google search on the story brought me to this site and I was finally able to find comments (4 posts worth) about the case! I felt happy to have found people like myself-who were curious and anxious for details.

2 things about this case: #1 The sherrif's comment about movies and books?!? - I was floored; If that had been my sister or mom he was talking about, I can't even imagine. That comment, so soon to the incident was of the poorest taste possible.
#2 I wanted to know what exactly the pastor said exactly that gives everyone the feeling he knows who.
I am baffled that everyone is tight lipped. To echo the sentiments of many here, why are there no desperate pleas to the public, why no press conferences or continuing coverage on NG?!?! (All rhetorical of course)

The other things that bothered me was the GF page for $1mil (dad should work, reinvent self, do whatever to sustain his children) and the taboo topic of the r**f (absurd imo&dangerous)

I hope this whole macabre situation ends swiftly with justice for Dr. Sievers and her family.

Ps. I have enjoyed all the theories and member comments. You guys rock.

Can I ask if anyone has come across any information to say if Dr Sievers or any of these missing or murdered doctors were using cannabis oil to treat their patients?

View attachment 79333

-Nin

When I enlarge the original photo I do not see the same silver protrusion. Do others see that protrusion when they enlarge the original one?

Does your enlargement have an artifact?

Nin..... that pic of the deadbolt really does look to have a protruding key lock part BUT it also looks silver SO that could be the white stucco pattern and/or shadow in the background that looks to be part of the ext deadbolt. JMO. NO they don't push in when locked---at least in all the years I've been around construction I've never seen one made that way, ever.

I think you may be right with the stucco! If you check the NBC-2 video (it's stored on youtube now) and stop at marker 1.04 ff, it is very possible that the stucco is creating the effect:

[video=youtube;Rr3yhwCQaNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr3yhwCQaNU[/video]

-Nin

When I enlarge the original photo I do not see the same silver protrusion. Do others see that protrusion when they enlarge the original one?

Does your enlargement have an artifact?

It's not an artifact, it seems to be part of the stucco as msboo pointed out. See the video in my post #153.

-Nin

Was Dr Sievers' attack planned? If so, when was it planned? TOD can be a great clue.

If the attack was preplanned prior to entering the Sievers house ( home invasion, hate crime, revenge etc.), the attacker(s) would spend some time to either stage the crime scene and/or planting wrong clues, or not. They may or may not be proceeding looking for an object of interest (money, file, drugs etc.). They will however make sure, they did not leave any evidence behind. That will take an amount of time.

If the attack just happened due to an argument getting out of hands, then a staging and obfuscating - if that's what happened - would require extensive planning at the crime scene. Consequently theattacker(s) would spend a considerable amount of time inside the house. It is not impossible that someone from outside was called to assist.We cannot exclude it at this time without evidence.If the attack was not planned at all and just happened due to a burglary gone wrong, then the perpetrator would most reasonably panic and either leave the house immediately after or he/she would try to calm down and to figure out a plan on how to proceed. That individual may or may not request outside assistance.

In all three cases the individual(s) would most likely spend time at the crime scene.This leads me to assume, that most likely Dr Sievers was diseased hours before the "shrill" and the "man arguing"were heard in the early morning hours.
Hopefully they also checked the AC thermostat for prints, just saying..

My opinion of course.

-Nin

I noticed on the Lee County Sheriff's website, they took down the actual murder news. Maybe I am missing it but I have looked several times.

There is only the July 13, 2015 News Release on the website. I found this odd because the News Section goes all the way back to March.

There was SUSPICIOUS alert to crimereports last night at 10:02pm on Allen Street. On the report it shows that the Sheriff Dept. is definitely doing drive bys on Jarvis, Allen and perhaps the entire neighborhood.

This is my first post. I was actually obsessed with the story and was dismayed at how little coverage it received, and how few, if any comments I found about this case. A Google search on the story brought me to this site and I was finally able to find comments (4 posts worth) about the case! I felt happy to have found people like myself-who were curious and anxious for details.

2 things about this case: #1 The sherrif's comment about movies and books?!? - I was floored; If that had been my sister or mom he was talking about, I can't even imagine. That comment, so soon to the incident was of the poorest taste possible.
#2 I wanted to know what exactly the pastor said exactly that gives everyone the feeling he knows who.
I am baffled that everyone is tight lipped. To echo the sentiments of many here, why are there no desperate pleas to the public, why no press conferences or continuing coverage on NG?!?! (All rhetorical of course)

The other things that bothered me was the GF page for $1mil (dad should work, reinvent self, do whatever to sustain his children) and the taboo topic of the r**f (absurd imo&dangerous)

I hope this whole macabre situation ends swiftly with justice for Dr. Sievers and her family.

Ps. I have enjoyed all the theories and member comments. You guys rock.

Welcome Raging--please feel free to chime in. We need fresh faces and new ideas.

Good catch. I'd seen the story about the cab driver, but the hammer wasn't mentioned. I see now that most accounts don't mention a weapon. By adding "hammer" to a search on the driver's name, I found an NBC2 print report that used "hammer" in its headline. Hammer attacks are more common than most people think (there was a case in a town near here of a guy who killed two girl friends that way, decades apart), but I'm sure it's an uncommon weapon for street crime or a home invasion, so there could be a connection.

I have wondered for a while if a cab driver was involved. How did she get from the airport to her house? Do people use cabs in FL like big cities (NYC, Chicago etc) or did she leave her car at the airport? Hammer is such an odd murder weapon, IMO, to me it seems to require a lot of strength and work. Hoping for answers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche