FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! People w/ interesting lives are unfortunate victims of home invasions every day – the two are not mutually exclusive. A targeted home (not person) is my strongest theory in this case, either w/ the motive to burglarize in the misbelief this family was away; or, a peeping tom with a fixation on someone in the house , who TS stumbled upon. The perp got away on foot and no way took a chance at parking a car ‘down the street’ or across a more traveled Terry Rd/dog park (even in the wee hrs.) … I don’t think they had far to go.

I know its been pointed out here that because the home is larger for this neighborhood, it might be more attractive to would be robbers. IMO, this is the least likely scenario because any robber would be careful not to break into a house with an alarm system or dogs on the property. Also, if Dr. Sievers arrived home after the airport I'm sure she would put on a light, and what appeared to be motion detector lights were on the garage.

The other curious thing here is the garage PED door. Why would a burglar choose this door as an entry point? Perhaps because this area was shielded by the fence, thus less likely to have an eyewitness watching the burglar break into the home but did the perp just assume that the door to the home (between the garage and kitchen) would be unlocked? I mean, why would you want to break through multiple doors when there are windows in the same area that would provide direct access to the house, presumably faster and more quietly.

Also, if the perp did not stash a vehicle nearby did he get a ride? Dropped off at the crime scene? Does he live nearby? The victim's street had a "neighborhood watch" sign, and I would think any burglar would be worried he/she would be easily identified or seem suspicious. Would be very interesting to know whether the perp changed clothes, and perhaps that led LE to the dog park. Maybe someone tried to bury/burn/destroy evidence before getting into the getaway vehicle.

Lastly, is it possible that Dr. Sievers left the van in the driveway and the perp was able to get inside and hit the garage door opener?

Wow, that would really point to the idea of her, personally, being the target and not just the house.

I've been thinking that the perp could have used a burner phone (one that is purchased under a fake name) to communicate with Dr. Sievers. Perhaps someone was privy to her work with single mothers, homeless women and pretended to be a woman in need. Hopefully the phone was purchased at a store that has cameras.

Jmo...but I will be shocked if her murder was not personal. And Imo, it was not to do with her beliefs, practices, etc.

I know its been pointed out here that because the home is larger for this neighborhood, it might be more attractive to would be robbers. IMO, this is the least likely scenario because any robber would be careful not to break into a house with an alarm system or dogs on the property. Also, if Dr. Sievers arrived home after the airport I'm sure she would put on a light, and what appeared to be motion detector lights were on the garage.

The other curious thing here is the garage PED door. Why would a burglar choose this door as an entry point? Perhaps because this area was shielded by the fence, thus less likely to have an eyewitness watching the burglar break into the home but did the perp just assume that the door to the home (between the garage and kitchen) would be unlocked? I mean, why would you want to break through multiple doors when there are windows in the same area that would provide direct access to the house, presumably faster and more quietly.

Also, if the perp did not stash a vehicle nearby did he get a ride? Dropped off at the crime scene? Does he live nearby? The victim's street had a "neighborhood watch" sign, and I would think any burglar would be worried he/she would be easily identified or seem suspicious. Would be very interesting to know whether the perp changed clothes, and perhaps that led LE to the dog park. Maybe someone tried to bury/burn/destroy evidence before getting into the getaway vehicle.

Lastly, is it possible that Dr. Sievers left the van in the driveway and the perp was able to get inside and hit the garage door opener?

It could be just as simple as what you said about that door being protected from street or neighbor view, it makes sense to me. What worries me is that it appears to be the only door unprotected by security light or camera. Unfortunately, so many people don't lock the door from the garage into their home because they take it for granted the garage doors are locked. It would be interesting to know if that door was also forced.

Knowing the time of her attack can also help narrow down a if the intent was to kill her or if it was spur of the moment due to being caught. I have difficulty thinking someone would break in so close to daybreak unless they thought no one was home and were going to wait either until dark to leave again, or to wait and ambush the family upon their return. To break in at that time knowing a family of four would be starting their day is too disorganized to be successful. The pictures we've seen show the car inside the garage, but that's a great tip for not leaving one's car outside!

My guess is that it is someone close by in the neighborhood. The LE telling and asking neighbors weird questions, the strange animal experiment outside tor all to see. Just doesn't add up to me with the murder being personal and just TS.

Is it just me or is the area to the left of the gray trashcan against the wall photo shopped/blurred out?

Looks blurred out to me. I also noticed another gate. So there are 2, one on each side?

She told the truth. Some people dont like the truth. Thoughts?

You are cheating on me.
Caught someone she is close to spouse cheating on them and told.
Stumbled upon something illegal and turned someone in.
These are a few of mine. jmo

People who might not like the truth:

1. A neighbor whose advances were repeatedly rejected.
2. A homeless person whose application for a home was denied, because he still had serious issues.
3. The abusive spouse of a person known to Dr.Sievers--either through her practice, her charitable work, or
one of her colleagues--who was informed that the relationship was toxic and had to end.
4. A patient that was cut-off drugs, because the doctor realized he was addicted, abusing, or selling the drugs
on the black market.
5. A relative of a transgender candidate, who couldn't accept that Dr.Sievers was aiding in the transition.
6. A transgender candidate who was denied treatment, because they did not meet the requirements, or follow
the doctor's orders.
7. She was scheduled to testify against somebody, and that person would not have it.

Remember the Lululemon murder?

"Norwood attacked Miss Murray inside the Lululemon Athletica shop in Bethesda, Maryland - a Washington, DC suburb - and then staged a robbery." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lulemon-yoga-worker-Jayna-Murrays-murder.html

IMO, could be similar motive here. Similar circumstances? One of the murder weapons was a hammer there, too.

Another thought "Sheriff Mike Scott tells WINK News Doctor Teresa Sievers' murder case has the most evidence he's ever seen" Maybe because staged scenes tend to have more evidence?

"The second subcategory of the Primary type staged scene is the Premeditated. In direct contrast to the Ad Hoc type scenes, the Premeditated staged scene may be meticulously planned out ahead of time by the offender and run the gamut from fraudulent burglary or theft reports, to false rape complaints, and even homicides. The important characteristic difference regarding the Premeditated staged scene is the amount and type of physical evidence that is often provided to establish what is being portrayed. The evidence provided or the scene alteration is really only limited by the intelligence, imagination, and overall life experiences of the offender. Whereas Ad Hoc staging tends to point away from the actual act and onto other “unknown factors or persons;” Premeditated primary staging tends to have clear evidence that focuses the police “onto the act” or event being portrayed. In these cases, the offender wants the police to have a clear understanding as to what happened, leaving little to no chance the evidence will not be found or misinterpreted. It is not unusual in these situations for the offender to be the one that actually points out the evidence to the police to ensure it is found."
http://www.investigativesciencesjournal.org/article/download/12845/8567

"Norwood attacked Miss Murray inside the Lululemon Athletica shop in Bethesda, Maryland - a Washington, DC suburb - and then staged a robbery." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lulemon-yoga-worker-Jayna-Murrays-murder.html

IMO, could be similar motive here. Similar circumstances? One of the murder weapons was a hammer there, too.

Thank you for bringing this up. Similar circumstances? Both senseless acts of excessive brutality. Torture may have been a factor in both cases. I would not be surprised.

-Nin

Another thought "Sheriff Mike Scott tells WINK News Doctor Teresa Sievers' murder case has the most evidence he's ever seen" Maybe because staged scenes tend to have more evidence?

"The second subcategory of the Primary type staged scene is the Premeditated. In direct contrast to the Ad Hoc type scenes, the Premeditated staged scene may be meticulously planned out ahead of time by the offender and run the gamut from fraudulent burglary or theft reports, to false rape complaints, and even homicides. The important characteristic difference regarding the Premeditated staged scene is the amount and type of physical evidence that is often provided to establish what is being portrayed. The evidence provided or the scene alteration is really only limited by the intelligence, imagination, and overall life experiences of the offender. Whereas Ad Hoc staging tends to point away from the actual act and onto other “unknown factors or persons;” Premeditated primary staging tends to have clear evidence that focuses the police “onto the act” or event being portrayed. In these cases, the offender wants the police to have a clear understanding as to what happened, leaving little to no chance the evidence will not be found or misinterpreted. It is not unusual in these situations for the offender to be the one that actually points out the evidence to the police to ensure it is found."

Great journal! Thank you for posting. The last sentence in your paragraph is very true and captured my interest. Later.

-Nin

For some reason I have the same hunch. I can imagine someone wanting to confront her about something (who knows what--they are interested in her romantically and feel rejected, they know she's onto their bad behavior in a biz she's related to, they feel wronged by her, or they have mental issues and just want her attention). Then the doctor asks that person to leave. Either the impulsive reaction begins then or the person comes back and tries to get in through the side.
Maybe the hammer came from the person's car or the garage. It seems like a rage killing.

Wow! You are awesome, Creepingskills! Thank you for sharing that wisdom with me. It truly is an incredible science! The MAGNITUDE of the violence in that LuLuLemon case is unfathomable! Rage is, without a doubt, the devil's work. Thank you for sharing such insight!

People who might not like the truth:

1. A neighbor whose advances were repeatedly rejected.
2. A homeless person whose application for a home was denied, because he still had serious issues.
3. The abusive spouse of a person known to Dr.Sievers--either through her practice, her charitable work, or
one of her colleagues--who was informed that the relationship was toxic and had to end.
4. A patient that was cut-off drugs, because the doctor realized he was addicted, abusing, or selling the drugs
on the black market.
5. A relative of a transgender candidate, who couldn't accept that Dr.Sievers was aiding in the transition.
6. A transgender candidate who was denied treatment, because they did not meet the requirements, or follow
the doctor's orders.
7. She was scheduled to testify against somebody, and that person would not have it.

Good list.

I do know about the Lululemon store murder. First heard about it on Tricia's True Crime Radio when her guest was Dan Morse, Washington Post reporter and the author of the book "The Yoga Store Murder" I bought his book after I listened to his interview with Tricia. Great book, IMO. I don't see any similar motive or circumstance between that murder and Sievers murder.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0425263649?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Maybe somebody in Sievers' community of practice got into the steroid business?. Stumbled across this article while reading news about two boys who are lost at sea and presumed dead off of the coast of Florida.

<modsnip>

Social engineering is not new, private investigators have been doing it for many years. It's entirely possible that the perp or accomplice assumed the identity of a utility worker or home improvement contractor to get their foot actually in the door of the Sievers' home, and once there, they can put a tap on the phone. If they did that, then not only would they be able to monitor all conversations, but probably would be able to turn the alarm system on or off. I believe it may be even easier than that to pick up activity on cordless and/or cell phones because I recall being warned not to input your credit card number or SS number on a cordless phone. A person with technical knowledge can do a lot of spying and snooping on people.

So it's possible that the phone was tapped and that's how the perp knew when she was going to be there by herself and conveniently disabled the alarm remotely before going in.

The other thing I keep thinking about the "lots of evidence" Sheriff Mike Scott referred to is that it could all be circumstantial and until they get good direct evidence, they will not make an arrest.

I always say that I have no clue about this murder, we just don't have that much to go on. While I personally think, IMHO, that it is an "insider" case, the house itself makes me wonder about a random crime.

I consider myself a "professional" house-hunter who spent a long time looking for a new house while my husband was in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. I learned a great deal from my Realtor and my own observations.

This house was built on an "infill" lot, an empty lot in a well-established community. If you look at the specs on other houses they are older homes and range roughly from 800 to 2,800 sq. ft. They are traditional ramblers. The Sievers' house is about 31,000 sq. ft. (IIRC) and of a much newer style. It sticks out like a sore thumb of affluence.

That is one type of house I would never build/buy. My current house was built by the same builder as the rest of the houses on my street, so it doesn't stand out. However, it is one of two one-story houses (with full basement) on the street. People driving in visually pass by the house to look at the "bigger" houses around it. It's only when they come into the house that they find out it is double-deep and very roomy. With most of the basement finished, it comes out to around 31,000 sq. feet.

We did this on purpose. One should never have the best or worst house on the block.

I always say that I have no clue about this murder, we just don't have that much to go on. While I personally think, IMHO, that it is an "insider" case, the house itself makes me wonder about a random crime.

I consider myself a "professional" house-hunter who spent a long time looking for a new house while my husband was in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. I learned a great deal from my Realtor and my own observations.

This house was built on an "infill" lot, an empty lot in a well-established community. If you look at the specs on other houses they are older homes and range roughly from 800 to 2,800 sq. ft. They are traditional ramblers. The Sievers' house is about 31,000 sq. ft. (IIRC) and of a much newer style. It sticks out like a sore thumb of affluence.

That is one type of house I would never build/buy. My current house was built by the same builder as the rest of the houses on my street, so it doesn't stand out. However, it is one of two one-story houses (with full basement) on the street. People driving in visually pass by the house to look at the "bigger" houses around it. It's only when they come into the house that they find out it is double-deep and very roomy. With most of the basement finished, it comes out to around 31,000 sq. feet.

We did this on purpose. One should never have the best or worst house on the block.

How did you get 31,000 sf? If you are referring to the property size, it was 35,719 sf before the lot was split into 2 properties. The Sievers property is a 0.59 acre lot or app. 25,700 sf.

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member