GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any pics of Victoria before the beating? I wonder what her cheating jerk boyfriend thinks of all this!

Jubie

I saw a default pic on her myspace page and on cnn or fox they were running her picture she is very beautiful. Looks nothing like the weasels.

Are there any pics of Victoria before the beating? I wonder what her cheating jerk boyfriend thinks of all this!

Jubie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one! (Patting Top on the head) It is OK, Top!

Well, Gloria will sure come in handy in this case when the offers start pouring in for the book deals and film rights! :)

Heyyyyyyy be nice you, or I won't vote for DC this week, hehehehe...:blowkiss:

Jubie

Wouldn't it be WONDERFUL if, after all this, VL goes on to Harvard and marries a gazillionare while former boyfriend marries the school tramp, gets arrested for multiple DUI's and has 27+ kids to support? It's really not that far of a reach.

Wouldn't it be WONDERFUL if, after all this, VL goes on to Harvard and marries a gazillionare while former boyfriend marries the school tramp, gets arrested for multiple DUI's and has 27+ kids to support? It's really not that far of a reach.

NO kidding hey?

The only video I've seen doesn't have sound but the way she's moving her arms and hands you can see how hard she is trying to get Mercades to stop hitting her. It brought tears to my eyes.... I actually didn't finish watching it and never attempted to find a clip with sound.

Has it been reported yet if her eyesight and hearing is back to normal?

Mygirlsadie, you're lucky you've seen her, I have no idea what she looks like. In time I'm sure there'll be pics.

Jubie

He sounds lazy, IMO. God forbid he has to do his....job. One of his students was seriously injured. And he's got a potential disaster waiting to happen if the students are polarizing on campus for or against VL. He better pay closer attention instead of trying to sugarcoat the problem. He's not the only one either that has made comments to the effect that the fact the video went public is the cause of the problems. Well so what, deal with it you whiney butthead. Taxi, sorry to rant under your quote, this case has me riled up.

Your butthead commnt could not be further from the truth. before i pulled my daughter out of this school I tried a conference and He was amazing saying my problem was I was listening to my child. I can not even believe the way he acted like we were a waste of his time sat at end of table making sighing noises as I spoke. I finaaly did not say a word and got up and walked out I have never acted that way and I am not one of those parents my child is always right but in this situation i now believe she was. I kept thinking if kids and a parent is a waste of his time then what is there for. I always get along with school office staff and this school was the first time I ran into this. It was ridiculous and the way they treated me not knowing me was incredible. My daughter was having a problem with a young teacher there. She said some real choice things to her (my kid) I reacted when a parent overheard her and confirm it. I still went to meeting not saying anything about that just wondering why she was failing a class she always excelled in. In writing my daughter won awards in 3rd grade her poem was put in the paper in 8th grade she made the only perfect score on fcat in polk co same subject. anyway long story short their behavior at meeting was incredible totally non-professional:confused:

The one with sound will make you even more sick. These kids parents failed. They should be so ashamed. I would be. The one girl's mom said she will always be ''mah baby girl''. Well that's real sweet. You raised a real winner there! I will look for the pic of Victoria and post the link here for you. I have to turn away from the tv or turn the channel now when they play the video. I can't control my rage when I watch it.

NO kidding hey?

The only video I've seen doesn't have sound but the way she's moving her arms and hands you can see how hard she is trying to get Mercades to stop hitting her. It brought tears to my eyes.... I actually didn't finish watching it and never attempted to find a clip with sound.

Mygirlsadie, you're lucky you've seen her, I have no idea what she looks like. In time I'm sure there'll be pics.

Jubie

p.s. I really want to post on all their myspace pages this.. GLORIA ALLRED! NOW WHAT, BEOOOTCH! But then I remind myself that I am an adult here and myspace comments is what started this whole thing to begin with.

You know what's also sad? At least imo, anyway.
After viewing that video, I felt real hatred towards those bulling punkazzed girls. :furious:
I am a grown woman with a teen and an adult child, yet I felt hate towards those kids...I still do.

I don't care what anyone says, that little group is a direct reflection of their parents.

NO kidding hey?

Jubie

She is stunningly beautiful. I'll see if I can find the picture and post the link for you.

Jubie,
I can't watch the video anymore. I cry every time. I don't think I've felt this way before...then again I haven't' seen that vicious of a video before.

Our local news reporter said there are over 8000 girl fighting videos on you tube.

Anyone thing we should try and do something about it???
I've hit the report alert on about 100 during the past 2 days. It's worth a try.

????
Why is Stephen Schumaker still in jail?
I don't want to down play his part in this, but he at least didn't beat Victoria.....

She is stunningly beautiful. I'll see if I can find the picture and post the link for you.

Jubie,
I can't watch the video anymore. I cry every time. I don't think I've felt this way before...then again I haven't' seen that vicious of a video before.

Our local news reporter said there are over 8000 girl fighting videos on you tube.

Anyone thing we should try and do something about it???
I've hit the report alert on about 100 during the past 2 days. It's worth a try.

????
Why is Stephen Schumaker still in jail?
I don't want to down play his part in this, but he at least didn't beat Victoria.....

Hi Philamena, I have no idea why Schumaker is still in jail, maybe JBean knows. The only thing I can think of is he couln't post bail. Didn't someone say that there were reports that Schumaker was intitially the only one who had been released from jail?

Here's a myspace support page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=367981470

Also, some kid on a message board posted this:

>>>my social psychology teacher who's also a lawyer told me that victoria wrote on myspace about her boyfriend cheating on her with one of her friends. that friend got angry and gathered a bunch of people to beat her up. Victoria was right though. it was true that the boyfriend was cheating on her with one of her friends.<<<

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080409131909AA1IPVc
somewhere it was posted that the parents want everyone to beware of these myspace support pages. Just don;t send money anywhere is probably the concern. At this point they are not affiliated with the family.

How convenient!

>>In a separate interview on TODAY with Matt Lauer, Garcia said that her daughter did not take part in the beating and, in fact, tried to warn the victim not to go into the house.

Mother defends suspect
Police say that Nichols was one of the girls who lured the victim to the house while Nichols&#8217; grandmother was at work.
&#8220;Mercades, my daughter, warned this girl before she came into the house,&#8221; Garcia said. She said her daughter told the victim, &#8220;The two girls that you have been running your mouth about and threatening on MySpace are in the house. Please do not go in the house.&#8221;
She added that an adult in the home next door heard her daughter say that.
Lauer asked Garcia if she thought her daughter should have called police at some point during the half-hour attack.
&#8220;My daughter should have picked up the phone and called the police. Yes, she did warn this girl not to go in the house, but I do believe my daughter should have called the police,&#8221; she said.
But Garcia also said that the incident is being overblown by Judd.
&#8220;First of all, the tape that was released is only three minutes long. That was the worst of it,&#8221; she said, contradicting the sheriff. &#8220;My daughter is the one who turned the video tape over to the sheriff&#8217;s department for evidence. My daughter turned it over to them.&#8221;
<<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24009077/

this is why I am confused about Shumaker. I have read this from the beginning:

>>Schumaker, who was originally charged as an adult, had posted bail for charges of false imprisonment and felony battery and was released April 4 from Polk County Jail.<<
http://www.theledger.com/article/20080411/NEWS/804110398/1004/news

But then he was the only one still in and now he has bonded out. Did they pick him a second time?

If a neighbor supposedly overheard that conversation...why didn't the neighbor call the police? The neighbor knew there was possibly a threat to the girl going into such a situation and if her daughter was saying this loud enough for the neighbor to hear in the first place...it was accentuated that there would be a problem.

Of course, I saw Mercedes' mother on tv and I don't believe a flipping thing she says anyway.

How convenient!

>>In a separate interview on TODAY with Matt Lauer, Garcia said that her daughter did not take part in the beating and, in fact, tried to warn the victim not to go into the house.

Mother defends suspect
Police say that Nichols was one of the girls who lured the victim to the house while Nichols’ grandmother was at work.
“Mercades, my daughter, warned this girl before she came into the house,” Garcia said. She said her daughter told the victim, “The two girls that you have been running your mouth about and threatening on MySpace are in the house. Please do not go in the house.”
She added that an adult in the home next door heard her daughter say that.
Lauer asked Garcia if she thought her daughter should have called police at some point during the half-hour attack.
“My daughter should have picked up the phone and called the police. Yes, she did warn this girl not to go in the house, but I do believe my daughter should have called the police,” she said.
But Garcia also said that the incident is being overblown by Judd.
“First of all, the tape that was released is only three minutes long. That was the worst of it,” she said, contradicting the sheriff. “My daughter is the one who turned the video tape over to the sheriff’s department for evidence. My daughter turned it over to them.”
<<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24009077/

Oh for cryin' out loud, will this moron ever shut up? The three minutes of tape we saw was filmed after Victoria was knock unconscious and woke back up. She's saying that the beating that knocked Victora out wasn't "the worst of it", so it doesn't count? GMAFB!

Right JBean, how convenient that a neighbor "heard" her daughter warning Victoria. I hope this neighbor has brass b*lls, 'cause there gonna need them with this fairytale story.

Garcia isn't doing her daughter any favors. Has she mentioned that she doesn't even live with her? Does she mention that the *event* occured in her daughter's home? Now, who let every in? :furious: I sincerely hope Nichols get's more time than all of them put together.

I don't believe it either SeriouslySearching.
She said her daughter told the victim, “The two girls that you have been running your mouth about and threatening on MySpace are in the house. Please do not go in the house.”

This just does not sound right to me at all.First the "running your mouth about" part can not have been friendly.I have had my daughter say that part in different ways to me and they all come off as witchy.Then to say "please don't go in there afteer that??? :waitasec: Nope does not ring true with me at all.

If a neighbor supposedly overheard that conversation...why didn't the neighbor call the police? The neighbor knew there was possibly a threat to the girl going into such a situation and if her daughter was saying this loud enough for the neighbor to hear in the first place...it was accentuated that there would be a problem.

Of course, I saw Mercedes' mother on tv and I don't believe a flipping thing she says anyway.

My point exactly. This neighbor is going to find themselves in BIG trouble for either a.) lying or b.) not calling the cops. I hope they think twice before going forward with this *story*.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back