GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree that Nichols is part of this set up and knew this beating was going to happen which is why everyone was gathered at her house while her granny was conveniently at work. She should be charged with conspiracy, too. (IMO)

I don't think the neighbor can be charged with anything.

No, I don't think so either SS, but if they lie on the stand they could be held in contempt, and if they DO say they overheard that conversation, I would think they'd get a rash of ____ for not calling the cops. Either way, I think they'll have a lot of grief.

I had to smile when I read that Glo will be representing the victim and her family. Mostly because these little sh*ts will likely 'run their mouths' saying 'so what, who the heck is she?' Pity they are banned from using the internet since part of my dream was the looks on their faces when they googled her :D

As for Mrs. Garcia....let her keep talking, the more interviews she does, the more awareness she brings to her kid and buddies and her lack of decent parenting.

Here is the saved PDF format of Mercades myspace before it was edited:
http://inkslwc.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mercades-nichols-myspace.pdf

warning there are some nasty comments in the comment section. I didn't write any of them though :innocent:

ETA: she is an idiot.

wow. a few things i noticed. first was the part where she threatened to take down (beat up) anyone who tried to mess w/ her. hmmm that makes her look real innocent.

even better, the part where she threatened those same people with her mom -- the crazy lady who's going on a media frenzy getting her 15 minutes in fame defending her daughter and trash talking the victim.

the fact that those people wrote on her wall ... see, in order to write on a wall with myspace, you have to be "friends" first. so this means that she's been confirming all of these friend requests, knowing that people are angry at her! so basically, she's asking for these comments.

and finally the philly comment :) im from the philly, and i was thinking the SAME thing. these girls think they're badass and can take down anyone ... give them just five minutes in philly, and they'll be singing a different tune !!!

You know I remember seeing an interview with Schumaker early on and he was complaining about having to stay in jail for 2 days for something he didn't do. But now we know he has just been released from jail last night. He MUST have been brought in a second time. Perhaps for more charges I am guessing?

ETA: okay found it. this is from April 7th. So he had to have gone in once, got bailed out and then had to have been brought in again as he was bailed out a second time last night; Sucks to be him:

>>
Stephen Thomas Schumaker, 18, of 6020 Calendar Court W. in Lakeland, was arrested on charges of false imprisonment and battery. He was one of the lookouts, according to his arrest report.
Schumaker was released after posting $5,000 bail, jail records show.
Schumaker could not be reached for comment Sunday night, but his father, Robert, said his son had no involvement in the beating.
Robert Schumaker said he talked to neighbors who told him his son was not at the house acting as a lookout.
"They didn't do anything," Robert Schumaker said of his son and another teenage boy, also arrested and accused of being a lookout. "I would like for the detectives to listen to the neighbors and clear my son's name."<<
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/07/me-punches-flew-camera-rolled/

Your butthead commnt could not be further from the truth. before i pulled my daughter out of this school I tried a conference and He was amazing saying my problem was I was listening to my child. I can not even believe the way he acted like we were a waste of his time sat at end of table making sighing noises as I spoke. I finaaly did not say a word and got up and walked out I have never acted that way and I am not one of those parents my child is always right but in this situation i now believe she was. I kept thinking if kids and a parent is a waste of his time then what is there for. I always get along with school office staff and this school was the first time I ran into this. It was ridiculous and the way they treated me not knowing me was incredible. My daughter was having a problem with a young teacher there. She said some real choice things to her (my kid) I reacted when a parent overheard her and confirm it. I still went to meeting not saying anything about that just wondering why she was failing a class she always excelled in. In writing my daughter won awards in 3rd grade her poem was put in the paper in 8th grade she made the only perfect score on fcat in polk co same subject. anyway long story short their behavior at meeting was incredible totally non-professional:confused:

I had to delete my other post and start over. Do you mean closer to the truth?

ETA: Try talking to a principal who's own kid goes to that school and is victimizing your daughter. That meeting didn't go well at all.

I keep thinking about how VL's heart must have been breaking. She thought these were her friends. One cheats with her boyfriend then they all beat the crap out of her. I hope she knows how much better she is than these creeps and that they weren't her friends to begin with.

You know I remember seeing an interview with Schumaker early on and he was complaining about having to stay in jail for 2 days for something he didn't do. But now we know he has just been released from jail last night. He MUST have been brought in a second time. Perhaps for more charges I am guessing?

Good catch JBean!

ETA: okay found it. this is from April 7th. So he had to have gone in once, got bailed out and then had to have been brought in again as he was bailed out a second time last night; Sucks to be him:

>>
Stephen Thomas Schumaker, 18, of 6020 Calendar Court W. in Lakeland, was arrested on charges of false imprisonment and battery. He was one of the lookouts, according to his arrest report.
Schumaker was released after posting $5,000 bail, jail records show.
Schumaker could not be reached for comment Sunday night, but his father, Robert, said his son had no involvement in the beating.
Robert Schumaker said he talked to neighbors who told him his son was not at the house acting as a lookout.
"They didn't do anything," Robert Schumaker said of his son and another teenage boy, also arrested and accused of being a lookout. "I would like for the detectives to listen to the neighbors and clear my son's name."<<
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/07/me-punches-flew-camera-rolled/

Iinteresting how these parents can view a video that makes most of us ill, many can't even watch at all, and their only response is "not my kid". Nice.

I could be wrong because my speakers wouldn't go really loud, but in addition to hearing a girl cheer the fight on (behind the camera), I thought I also heard a male voice cheering it on. Did anyone else pick up on that?

I keep thinking about how VL's heart must have been breaking. She thought these were her friends. One cheats with her boyfriend then they all beat the crap out of her. I hope she knows how much better she is than these creeps and that they weren't her friends to begin with.

Suzi, ITA. I'm sure Victoria isn't the perfect kid, what teen is, but she's an honor student and only 16. Still a baby in my eyes. I feel devastated for her, but you know, WE know ('cause we're old and wise) that getting away from the freak herd is the best thing that could have happened in her life. Just not this way. I think she has a lot of healing in front of her, but I would also like to believe that the public (and I'm sure private) support she's receiving will help her a long. That's another reason I'm glad Gloria Allread took this case, she seems to be able to buffer all/any negative feedback. She really kept Amber Frey protected and focused, she'll be good for VL too.

TopGunner, remember how hard it was at that age? This breaks my heart! Oh and the male voice on the video? My ears aren't good so I'm not help to you on that. I'm still cracking up about Gloria being discussed here yesterday and whatta ya know! lol

Iinteresting how these parents can view a video that makes most of us ill, many can't even watch at all, and their only response is "not my kid". Nice.

I could be wrong because my speakers wouldn't go really loud, but in addition to hearing a girl cheer the fight on (behind the camera), I thought I also heard a male voice cheering it on. Did anyone else pick up on that?
did you hear the person saying *17 seconds leeft make it good.* Again, she had already been slammed against the wall by April Cooper and had been rendered unconscious when the video picks up.

Hi guys,

The part of this that makes me the most ill is that Victoria got knocked out at one point and the beating resumed when she came to. WTH?!!:eek: :furious: How could it be that not ONE of those girls at the point Victoria is actually knocked out does not say ENOUGH.

That is why I have no problem with them being tried as adults and getting very harsh sentences. (That and the fact it was 'planned')

Jubie

TopGunner, remember how hard it was at that age? This breaks my heart! Oh and the male voice on the video? My ears aren't good so I'm not help to you on that. I'm still cracking up about Gloria being discussed here yesterday and whatta ya know! lol

I'm also laughing about Gloria being hired after our conversation yesterday Suzi. <jaws music> lol

did you hear the person saying *17 seconds leeft make it good.* Again, she had already been slammed against the wall by April Cooper and had been rendered unconscious when the video picks up.

WOW :eek:

No, I didn't specifically hear those words JB, but I couldn't make out everything they were saying because of the volume of my speakers. Was it a female or male voice?

I think I'll try to listen again.

WOW :eek:

No, I didn't specifically hear those words JB, but I couldn't make out everything they were saying because of the volume of my speakers. Was it a female or male voice?

I think I'll try to listen again.
female..they have already identitifed who it was, but it escapes me right now. She said it several times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back