GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting comment from one of Mercede's mom's friends: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=59143081

Apr 13 2008 7:12 AM

Also, again u are giving her an excuse and the're is no EXCUSES she was there and should be punished like the rest of the kids!It's time u start parenting instead of being a "friend" n discipline her.Her website at one time said she'd do it again and she has the worst mouth on her!!!! she's just a punk and u are to blame as well for not raising her better.u have to stay home and u have to have rules!!! anyways STOP MAKING HER EXCUSES FOR THIS.....GROW UP U ARE A MOM NOT A TEEN START ACTING UR AGE!

I said almost the exact same thing a while back, I can't believe NONE of these girls did something after Victoria first got knocked out:eek: what if she needed 911, what if she was about to die? None of them panic realizing that things have gone too far? That is just soooo cold. And then to joke around while in the police car? Holy smokes these girls deserve harsh punishmnet!!:furious:

J.

The only type of personality I can think of to explain that behavior is a sociopath. Even the meanest girls in my high school never did anything close to this. All I recall any of them ever doing is keying someone's car or egging a house or tried to steal your boyfriend. Nothing like this.

Jaded. I also like this one:

Apr 12 2008 5:44 PM

I really feel for you and the predicament you are in, but I really think your daughter should be taught a lesson and she will, I hope that she realizes that what she did was not worth it, and I hope she realizes what she is putting you through. I hope you yourself realize that what she did was cowardly and wrong and may God watch over her in jail, because what goes around comes around...

ETA:It's not as good as the comment you posted. But it's nice to see the mom doesn't have complete support.

Interesting comment from one of Mercede's mom's friends: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=59143081

Apr 13 2008 7:12 AM

Also, again u are giving her an excuse and the're is no EXCUSES she was there and should be punished like the rest of the kids!It's time u start parenting instead of being a "friend" n discipline her.Her website at one time said she'd do it again and she has the worst mouth on her!!!! she's just a punk and u are to blame as well for not raising her better.u have to stay home and u have to have rules!!! anyways STOP MAKING HER EXCUSES FOR THIS.....GROW UP U ARE A MOM NOT A TEEN START ACTING UR AGE!

It sounds like she was responding to a post from mom. Dang, the friends page is private.

Jaded. I also like this one:

Apr 12 2008 5:44 PM

I really feel for you and the predicament you are in, but I really think your daughter should be taught a lesson and she will, I hope that she realizes that what she did was not worth it, and I hope she realizes what she is putting you through. I hope you yourself realize that what she did was cowardly and wrong and may God watch over her in jail, because what goes around comes around...

ETA:It's not as good as the comment you posted. But it's nice to see the mom doesn't have complete support.

Her "mood" on there says hopeful. Let's hope not.:mad:

This was the one with the camera, right?

Her mother said she was at the store when all this went down. Right.

I'll go see if I can find where I read it.

I'm not sure about the camera thing, but I believe so, yes. I read it somewhere(possibly a news article)that she was the one about the 17seconds comment.

Also, on Nancy Grace tonight, they said something like there were 3 cameras going on at the same time.

and don't forget ... she may not have had enough guts to stick up for VL, but apparently she was courageous enough to defend her furniture.

and don't forget ... she may not have had enough guts to stick up for VL, but apparently she was courageous enough to defend her furniture.

Yeah, I believe that was Mercades who said something along the lines of "Don't hit the shelves!" since they were in her grandmother's home.

So, I am thinking the girls didn't think their threat to Victoria out too well. Because they drop her off at a friend's house supposedly, right? And I'm sure she was bleeding and at the very least disheveled. Did they really not think this other friend would notice?! I mean if my friend shows up at my house like that, even if she denied something had happened, I call 911(which is obviously what happened).

Also, could anything at all be filed against the neighbor who is said to have witness the threats? Just curious...

I agree with you that Mercades saying she warned her is balagona, because obviously they had the camera(s) ready inside waiting for her so it's not like she helped too much with her warning, if she had done that at all.

I'm not sure about the camera thing, but I believe so, yes. I read it somewhere(possibly a news article)that she was the one about the 17seconds comment.

Also, on Nancy Grace tonight, they said something like there were 3 cameras going on at the same time.

You can hear one of the girls say...only 17 seconds left, make it good.
Sheriff Judd from the Polk County PD said there were 6 cameras...that included cell phones and video cameras.:furious:

You can hear one of the girls say...only 17 seconds left, make it good.
Sheriff Judd from the Polk County PD said there were 6 cameras...that included cell phones and video cameras.:furious:

Which means there could be tons of stuff we haven't heard about yet, right?

Their phones etc would be collected as evidence in this case I would assume, so hopefully the rest of those videos won't be released for Victoria's sake.

Thanks for the explanation JBean. I was afraid that they could go to the mall or somewhere else to hang out. :eek:
I remembered it was reported today that they have been withdrawn from their school.

JBean, since they're under house arrest, they can't just casually walk around the neighborhood right?

Do you know when their court date is?
House arrest is the same as being in jail, except you are at home. You are not allowed to walk across the street and have strict parameters as to where you can go even in your own home. I have seen it where there can be no alcohol on the premises and if the parents have a liquor cabinet it can be a violation. They only way they could be at school is if they are trying to finish out the year at a continuation school or something. Otherwise they must be at home or in court. Nowhere else. An officer of the court can call or stop by any random time and the*prisoner* better be home. If they go online I guarantee someone will spot it and turn them in. The best advice those parents can give their kids right now is to do whatever the judge said.

IN their school district they do not punish them, they are automatically withdrawn if they are up on felony charges.

Which means there could be tons of stuff we haven't heard about yet, right?

Their phones etc would be collected as evidence in this case I would assume, so hopefully the rest of those videos won't be released for Victoria's sake.
There are 31 minutes of video. We have only seen 3 minutes and it gets worse per the sheriff.

JBean,
Thanks again for the explanation about the girls freedom or rather lack of it. I hope LE drops in on all 6 girls at least once a day. I still wish they were in jail. House arrest may not be rough on them if they're able to lay around watching tv, talking on the phone or sleeping all day.

House arrest is the same as being in jail, except you are at home. You are not allowed to walk across the street and have strict parameters as to where you can go even in your own home. I have seen it where there can be no alcohol on the premises and if the parents have a liquor cabinet it can be a violation. They only way they could be at school is if they are trying to finish out the year at a continuation school or something. Otherwise they must be at home or in court. Nowhere else. An officer of the court can call or stop by any random time and the*prisoner* better be home. If they go online I guarantee someone will spot it and turn them in. The best advice those parents can give their kids right now is to do whatever the judge said.

IN their school district they do not punish them, they are automatically withdrawn if they are up on felony charges.

Can they have visitors at home? I know the other girls involved can't make contact, but can they have other friends over? If so, that is crap.

Can they have visitors at home? I know the other girls involved can't make contact, but can they have other friends over? If so, that is crap.
They might be able to, it depends on their terms. But most of their friends are under arrest anyway.:)

Hi SuziQ!

Too true. The "roughest" years more or less ended as teens - yes, fighting occurred but even so, never on this scale. Verbal abuse, mockery and isolating friendships was the mainstream.

At 16, one rather feisty girl "T", well-renowned for her "take no prisoners-temper" was suspended for 2 weeks after stomping on and wrecking her (then victim's) books, clenching her fist, taking a swing - and missing. It was talk of the school.

Cameras were just not apparent - we'd have been thought of as freaks if we were to have taken pictures of everyday school life, let alone of our perceived "enemies".

It's somewhat a bit of a dichotomy, because these days - parents give their kids cell phones for added safety & security: not for use as a "gang-weapon or humiliation tool". Now that same camera has backfired on these girls - badly.

What a totally miserable, sad and wasted life these nasty, rabid little punks have created for themselves. Their parents? Denial. Such as the dad who insists the media clarify from the neighbors that his son wasn't there! Well, according to reports - both boys ARE THE NEIGHBORS! Hello? Kettle? Pot?

In closing - I've just watched some of the amazing U-Tube vids since posted by kids denouncing this diabolical act. Good on them! Let's pray this incident (that should never have happened) serves as The Tipping Point - that all kids and students WALK AWAY from any remote thought of school violence.

I'm personally very pleased they're being tried as adults. It's not soon enough!

The only type of personality I can think of to explain that behavior is a sociopath. Even the meanest girls in my high school never did anything close to this. All I recall any of them ever doing is keying someone's car or egging a house or tried to steal your boyfriend. Nothing like this.

Good question dhchicko4. Let's hope they can't have visitors.

and

JBean said:
They might be able to, it depends on their terms. But most of their friends are under arrest anyway.

Hi Philamena & JBean:

Gee, I can't help but wonder if anyone would want to visit them? I'm also wondering if their TV sets are on. All they'd see is their own venom along with global condemnation and outrage being being played over, and over, and yet over again.

They ought to be banned from having cell phones with cameras until they're 21 and in the interim, receive a "dishonorable discharge" from the Cheerleaders teams? They've brought absolutely NO cheer to their team and possess NO leadership qualities, either!

OK, enough, enough, lol. Great thoughts and posts by everyone on this issue.... and now I've thrown in my :twocents:

Take care ... Polk :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker
Back