FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts, classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The judge overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents case should hold a hearing to discuss potential conflicts of interest among the lawyers involved in the proceedings, after a Mar-a-Lago employee flipped on the former president, a legal expert has said.

Legal analyst and former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance was reacting to news that Yuscil Taveras, an IT director at Trump's Florida resort, has retracted "his prior false testimony" and now says the former president and two others charged in the classified documents case, Trump aide Walt Nauta and maintenance worker Carlos De Oliveira, did take steps to delete security camera footage that had been sought by federal prosecutors.

Trump, Nauta and De Oliveira have pleaded not guilty to all the charges against them in the classified documents case, including obstruction allegations.

Is this also a case of witness tampering? Sure looks like he was pressured to say what Trump wanted him to say.

jmo

An attorney with prolific ties to Donald Trump's associates in the classified documents case alleged on Friday that he's been receiving "threatening messages" since prosecutors revealed information allegedly placed under seal.

"In what can only be described as a brazen and overt effort to influence the Court and/or the court of public opinion, the Special Counsel selectively quotes defense counsel’s submission in deliberate contravention of a sealing order issued by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia," attorney Stanley Woodward, who represents Trump's "body man" Walt Nauta, wrote in a 4-page motion.

A Florida lawyer is challenging former President Trump’s ability to run for president in 2024 under the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment, citing the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

Lawrence Caplan, a tax attorney in Palm Beach County, filed the challenge in federal court Thursday, pointing to a clause in the amendmentthat says those who “have engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the government cannot hold office.

The challenge was first reported by The Palm Beach Post.

It was Jon Benet. I was following over at Tricia's old forum - Justice for JonBenet - but that could be the wrong name of it.
Happy Happy 20th WS anniversary @Niner! What a milestone! You're simply the best, your work is bar none and your dedication and grace is greatly appreciated. You're doing so much for others. Thank you for all you do here. I remember lurking at Tricia's other site Forums for Justice and then came here for Laci and JonBenét cases.

A Florida lawyer is challenging former President Trump’s ability to run for president in 2024 under the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment, citing the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

Lawrence Caplan, a tax attorney in Palm Beach County, filed the challenge in federal court Thursday, pointing to a clause in the amendmentthat says those who “have engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the government cannot hold office.

The challenge was first reported by The Palm Beach Post.
He likely wants Trump out and DeSantis in. I wish him luck with that.

JMO

@KlasfeldReports

Earlier today, a lawyer for Trump’s aide Walt Nauta claimed that the government disclosed sealed information from grand jury proceedings in D.C. Jack Smith’s office just filed docs showing the judge granted their request for disclosure.

In one of the documents, Nauta’s lawyer Stan Woodward denies conflicts — and in doing so, discloses that some money he received from Trump’s PAC Save America also went for his representation of (REDACTED). Feds say they redacted the name of Trump Employee 4.

Attachments

• IMG_0544.jpeg
    IMG_0544.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0542.jpeg
    IMG_0542.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3
Happy Happy 20th WS anniversary @Niner! What a milestone! You're simply the best, your work is bar none and your dedication and grace is greatly appreciated. You're doing so much for others. Thank you for all you do here. I remember lurking at Tricia's other site Forums for Justice and then came here for Laci and JonBenét cases.

I wrote that wrong - yes Forums for Justice forum! And thank you! :)

Trump took to Truth Social to declare that it’s the end of America as we know it. He warned, “America is becoming a Banana Republic. That’s what happens when you Indict and Prosecute your Political Opponent. These are DARK DAYS in the life of America!”

He also turned his attention to Jack Smith, the prosecutor behind several cases against Trump in federal court. Trump wrote, “The Security Tapes from Mar-a-Lago that evil and sinister prosecutor, Deranged Jack Smith, ‘leaked’ or otherwise stated were deleted or altered were, in fact, NOT deleted or altered. It was a Fake Story put out by the government THUGS.”

Trump added, “Those tapes were openly handed over, without protest or litigation, and then the ‘Deranged One’ makes me look as bad as possible. The whole case is FAKE because I come under the Presidential Records Act. Biden or Pence did not!”

Trump took to Truth Social to declare that it’s the end of America as we know it. He warned, “America is becoming a Banana Republic. That’s what happens when you Indict and Prosecute your Political Opponent. These are DARK DAYS in the life of America!”

He also turned his attention to Jack Smith, the prosecutor behind several cases against Trump in federal court. Trump wrote, “The Security Tapes from Mar-a-Lago that evil and sinister prosecutor, Deranged Jack Smith, ‘leaked’ or otherwise stated were deleted or altered were, in fact, NOT deleted or altered. It was a Fake Story put out by the government THUGS.”

Trump added, “Those tapes were openly handed over, without protest or litigation, and then the ‘Deranged One’ makes me look as bad as possible. The whole case is FAKE because I come under the Presidential Records Act. Biden or Pence did not!”
Banana Republic originated as a term for Central American countries who were dependent on one crop and who were exploited by those who controlled the crop. The countries had unstable, corrupt governments and economies, and Americans exploited the situation to their own personal gain.

I understand word meanings evolve over time, but I'm not even sure what the right-wing means when they use the term Banana Republic to describe USA.

jmo

A hit dog will holler.
Eventually his TS/X antics will catch up with him, and one or more judges presiding over his many cases will have to deal with it.
IMO

I still wonder if the timing is tied to the timing of today's Mediaite story. smh

JMO

Updated 9/4/23.

FL – Classified Papers. Trump was charged with 41 criminal counts in the classified documents case, including:
• Willful retention of national defense information (31 counts)
• Conspiracy to obstruct justice
• Withholding of a document or record
• Corruptly concealing a document or record
• Concealing a document in a federal investigation
• Scheme to conceal
• False statements and representations (2 counts)
• Willful retention of defense information.
• Obstruct of Justice (2 counts)

Thursday, 9/7/23 - Initial production of classified Discovery

Thursday, 9/14/23 – Status hearing (Joint Discovery status report & Government's CIPA Section 10 Notice)

Tuesday, 10/10/23 - Government's CIPA Section 4 Motion (ex parte) & any defense challenge to Section 4 filing.

Monday, 12/11/23 – Sealed motions hearing re Section 3.

Thursday, 4/11/24 – Motions hearing

Wednesday, 4/17/24 – Motions hearing

Tuesday, 5/14/24 – Jury selection begins

Monday, 5/20/24 – Trial set to begin

Last edited:
Donald Trump called the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago a "shocking break-in." But months earlier, in-person at the Florida estate, his attorney warned him "they could arrive here" if he didn't comply with DOJ's subpoena, the lawyer's notes show…

Evan Corcoran's recollections, captured in a series of voice memos he made on his phone the next day, help illuminate Trump's alleged efforts to defy a federal grand jury subpoena, and appear to shed more light on his frame of mind when he allegedly launched what prosecutors say was a criminal conspiracy to hide classified documents from both the FBI and Corcoran, his own attorney.

ABC News has reviewed copies of transcripts of the recordings, which appear to show the way Trump allegedly deceived his own attorney, and how classified documents, according to prosecutors, ended up at Mar-a-Lago in the first place.

The transcripts of Corcoran's recordings also appear to offer new insight into how classified documents ended up in boxes at Mar-a-Lago in the first place, and whether Trump truly believed those documents had been declassified.

As Trump described it to Corcoran according to the transcripts, he had a nightly practice while still in the White House: He would bring newspaper articles, photos and notes to his bedroom so he could review them.

He would also bring classified documents, according to Corcoran.

However, in their meeting, Trump insisted to Corcoran that he made clear to those around him that "anything that comes into the residence should be declassified," the transcript reads.

"I don't know what was done," Corcoran recalled Trump telling him. "I don't know how they were marked. But that was my position."

Those comments from Trump, as recalled by Corcoran, suggest Trump understood that -- despite subsequent public claims to the contrary -- classified documents were not declassified simply by bringing them to the residence.

After a former Mar-a-Lago IT director became a government cooperator, an attorney prolifically tied to former President Donald Trump faced scrutiny about his representation of multiple witnesses in the classified documents case.

Denying any conflict of interest, attorney Stanley Woodward launched a counteroffensive against special counsel Jack Smith's office on Wednesday, alleging that "manipulation" by prosecutors made his former client flip through grand jury proceedings hundreds of miles away.

"What we now know is that defense counsel was prescient in its allegation that the application by the Special Counsel’s Office’s to the United States District Court for the District of Columbia for the appointment of 'conflicts counsel' was calculated to induce the cooperation of a witness in a matter in this District," Woodward wrote in a seven-page legal brief.

After a former Mar-a-Lago IT director became a government cooperator, an attorney prolifically tied to former President Donald Trump faced scrutiny about his representation of multiple witnesses in the classified documents case.

Denying any conflict of interest, attorney Stanley Woodward launched a counteroffensive against special counsel Jack Smith's office on Wednesday, alleging that "manipulation" by prosecutors made his former client flip through grand jury proceedings hundreds of miles away.

"What we now know is that defense counsel was prescient in its allegation that the application by the Special Counsel’s Office’s to the United States District Court for the District of Columbia for the appointment of 'conflicts counsel' was calculated to induce the cooperation of a witness in a matter in this District," Woodward wrote in a seven-page legal brief.

Someone flipped when faced with prosecution? Isn't that how it normally happens? Someone doesn't want to go to prison or wants a chance to go to prison for a shorter time, so decides to cooperate.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back