FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts, classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No worries and thanks! I refuse to join “X” as I don’t trust EM. I could see Twitter without a membership until recently. Apparently this issue only affects a few of us. Grrrrrr.
Some things that might fix it:

Clear cookies/cache

Try a different browser or different device

Try using browser's "stealth" mode

No idea if any of these will work but they might!

Some things that might fix it:

Clear cookies/cache

Try a different browser or different device

Try using browser's "stealth" mode

No idea if any of these will work but they might!
Unfortunately, Twitter/X will no longer allow you to view tweets unless you are logged in to Twitter/X (so must have an account). I have my Twitter login saved in my browser so that I can view the tweets posted here.

An information technology director at Mar-a-Lago struck a cooperation agreement with federal prosecutors last summer in their investigation of Donald Trump’s retention of classified documents at the former president’s Florida property, according to the worker’s ex-lawyer.

Stanley Woodward, a former attorney for the IT manager, made the revelation in a court filing responding to Justice Department arguments that he had a potential conflict-of-interest because of his representation of another key figure in the Mar-a-Lago probe, Trump valet Walt Nauta.

I find it rather startling really how hard Trump worked to ensure he could retain the documents and I don't know that Trump does anything where financial gain isn't at least a consideration if not a primary motivator.

I'm always going to wonder if there wasn't some kind of payoff in relation to the documents he stole because, to me, it just doesn't seem plausible you'd go to such extraordinary lengths for 'souvenirs'. JMO

Too late to edit my previous post...

“I don’t talk about anything. You know why? Because I’m allowed to do whatever I want. I come under the Presidential Records Act,” Trump replied, while also taking a quick detour to bash Hewitt. “I’m not telling you. You know, every time I talk to you, ‘Oh, I have a breaking story.’ You don’t have any story. I come under the Presidential Records Act. I’m allowed to do everything I did.
I believe in the same interview he also claimed this prosecution is politically motivated. I think the document cases (this and the NY cases) are actually the easiest to prove. Documents don't lie. Video surveillance isn't biased. This case was cut and dried even before Taveras flipped. He had documents in his possession he wasn't allowed by law to retain; he refused to cooperate to return said documents; and he engaged in a conspiracy to prevent the retrieval of documents by the government.

But I wonder when Trump spouts off like this how much of it is entitlement and him truly believing he is above the law vs a profound misunderstanding of the law and Constitution. Is it simply for political rhetoric (and fundraising) or does he really not understand that he too is constrained by the laws that govern us? It's just something that niggles from time to time. I really want to know whether he genuinely believes his own hype or if it's just narcissistic bluster.

All JMO and FWIW

I find it rather startling really how hard Trump worked to ensure he could retain the documents and I don't know that Trump does anything where financial gain isn't at least a consideration if not a primary motivator.

I'm always going to wonder if there wasn't some kind of payoff in relation to the documents he stole because, to me, it just doesn't seem plausible you'd go to such extraordinary lengths for 'souvenirs'. JMO
Money is his primary motivator, imo, but revenge is right up there on his to-do list too.

When he rifled through his papers on the tape we've all heard, he just happened to find a document he said proves what Mark Miley said about Trump wanting to attack Iran was not true.

He was perfectly willing to have AND SHOW classified information to prove a point that mattered to him personally, no matter what damage to national security.

jmo

An attorney with prolific ties to Donald Trump's associates in the classified documents case alleged on Friday that he's been receiving "threatening messages" since prosecutors revealed information allegedly placed under seal.

"In what can only be described as a brazen and overt effort to influence the Court and/or the court of public opinion, the Special Counsel selectively quotes defense counsel’s submission in deliberate contravention of a sealing order issued by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia," attorney Stanley Woodward, who represents Trump's "body man" Walt Nauta, wrote in a 4-page motion.

Woodward should be disbarred. jmo

Last edited:
The chairman of the powerful House Judiciary Committee, Congressman Jim Jordan, has launched an investigation into Special Counsel Jack Smith’s office, claiming that Mr. Smith’s deputy, Jay Bratt, made intimations that a lawyer for President Trump’s valet, Walt Nauta, would receive a federal judgeship if his client cooperated with the special counsel’s investigation. This is just the newest of Mr. Jordan’s investigations into prosecutors who are taking Mr. Trump to trial.

Mr. Jordan alleges that Mr. Bratt told Mr. Nauta’s attorney, Stanley Woodward, that he would be looked on “favorably” for a federal judgeship if his client cooperated with the investigation. “This attempt to inappropriately coerce Mr. Woodward raises serious concerns about the abusive tactics of the Office of the Special Counsel and the Department’s commitment to its mission to uphold the rule of law and ensure impartial justice,” the committee wrote in a press release.

Scroll further down past D.C. case for the attorneys working on the documents case.

The attorneys special counsel Jack Smith has recruited to prosecute former president Donald Trump come from several divisions of the Justice Department, joining to work full time on two of the most highly scrutinized cases in the nation.
One group of prosecutors is investigating Trump’s alleged mishandling of classified materials at Mar-a-Lago, his Florida residence and private club. The other is examining his alleged efforts to overturn the results of President Biden’s 2020 election victory — a case that parallels a separate, state-level investigation in Fulton County, Ga.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back