FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, but this release from the judge seems normal to me.

I was pretty certain that it has always been the way that cameras and electronic devices were not allowed in Federal courtrooms; some of the reactions on here have me doubting myself though.

Any legal experts around that can actually answer this? NORMAL ruling ... or not?

Cameras are very rarely allowed in federal court. Phones are commonly allowed, this district seems to be an outlier.

Trump left his Doral resort in his motorcade Tuesday along with Nauta, who was traveling in a separate vehicle. As he got in his vehicle, a bystander asked Trump how he was feeling. Trump said “great” and waved.

On his social media, Trump posted before heading to court that it was “ONE OF THE SADDEST DAYS IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. WE ARE A NATION IN DECLINE!!!”

Attorneys Todd Blanche and Chris Kise are expected to represent Trump in court this afternoon for his arraignment, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN. However, the role Kise will play going forward is unclear, and he was sidelined during last year’s litigation over the Mar-a-Lago search amid Trump team in-fighting.

Another Florida-licensed attorney, Lindsey Halligan – who also worked on Trump’s lawsuit last year over the search – remains on Trump’s team and may be present Tuesday.

The Justice Department’s counterintelligence chief Jay Bratt, who has been a key player in the documents probe so far, is listed on the case’s document as representing the government. But it’s likely that lawyers from the Southern District of Florida’s US Attorney’s office – which is led by US Attorney Markenzy Lapointe, who was confirmed by the Senate in December – are present Tuesday as well. It’s unclear who from Smith’s team will be at the proceedings, or if Smith himself will show up.

Hey JB! live link on YouTube:

NBCNews:

AP:

Last edited:
Cameras are very rarely allowed in federal court. Phones are commonly allowed, this district seems to be an outlier.
They were just discussing the issue of cameras being allowed in the Courtroom on MSNBC. It was felt that this case is of such magnitude that cameras should be allowed in the courtroom as it was for the Floyd case (where in Minnesota they normally did not allow cameras in the courtroom but made an exception for the Floyd case). I believe cameras should be allowed in the courtroom in this case so the public can see for themselves as the case unfolds. There is no more important case in our history than a former president criminally indicted and the country is so divided.

Usually spies and foreign agents have to work hard to access top secret files and with limited success, especially those containing restricted military information. But what could possibly be easier than photographing the contents of files stored in the bathroom! It's beyond absurd.

You can safely bet that this opportunity was known and used. The US military has no hope that its restricted information is safe. Neither can any country that has had military alliances with the US.
For real though ,say your at the mansion party and you stumble into this room after micro dosing or some other weird Floridian party scene set up . Seriously after I watched Tiger King , I am changed.
Paper files in the bathroom. I would just blame the pandemic toilet paper issues and be smearing poop on the really valuable information .
Word of caution , dont ever hand me a number on a napkin. I was reared by a depression era lady.

I am tickled with prosecutor strategy to name valet/aid/gopher Walt Nauta as Trump's co-defendant rather than call him as a witness. Walt will be the man I'm watching in upcoming months.

I'm in the UK and have just seen Sean Spicer being interviewed on Sky News. His attitude is that Biden also had confidential documents in his garage...and therein lies the problem. There are so many people who are can't see that they are just not comparible.

(Although I do wonder why anyone needs to take highly classified information offsite)

A President Faces Prosecution, and a Democracy Is Tested​

For more than two centuries, American presidents were effectively shielded from indictment. But the case against former President Donald J. Trump breaks that taboo and sets a new precedent.
For the first time in American history, a former president of the United States has been indicted on criminal charges. It is worth pausing to repeat that: An American president has been indicted for a crime for the first time in history.

I'm going to have to change channel before I throw something at the tv as it's unbearable to watch the Cubans For Trump praying with him.
Truly the world has gone crazy.
I know we have problems over here in the UK but the hero worshipping of an alleged criminal of the highest order is a different level.
Until the day I die, I will never understand how Trump mocking the disabled reporter wasn't the end for him. Yet he appears to be untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966