FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m genuinely fascinated as to how he still not only has supporters, but that you LOVE HIM❤️. Can you briefly explain why? I’m Canadian, I’m curious. I’m just not seeing it.

He's funny and he's more frank than most politicians, and he genuinely wants the US and therefore me and the people I love to prosper. That's it.

Dramatic sketches show scenes inside courtroom

1686693761042.png

Coutroom sketches have just been published that show former president Donald Trump.

Another sketch shows his co-defendant, Walt Nauta, surrounded by a legal team.

The drawings give us a glimpse inside the historic court proceeding, where cameras were not allowed.

1686693775217.png

He's funny and he's more frank than most politicians, and he genuinely wants the US and therefore me and the people I love to prosper. That's it.
I am funny, great sense of humor. I am painfully honest - a straight shooter - everyone who knows me tells me this. And anyone who knows me knows I want the USA population to prosper.

Guess I should do a fundraiser and try to run for POTUS.

Who was among the pro-Trump crowd?

Donald Trump has the support of millions of mainstream Republicans, but some of those who turned out to protest in Miami appear to be a fringe subset of fans.

A flag bearing the logo of conspiracy website Infowars flew over the protesters as Laura Loomer livestreamed on Twitter. Loomer is a failed hard-right congressional candidate known for performing stunts targeting politicians and social media companies.

Also broadcasting from the scene was Anthime Gionet, better known by his nickname "Baked Alaska", a white nationalist influencer who earlier this year was sentenced to two months in prison for unlawfully demonstrating during the January 2021 Capitol riots.

Members of the Proud Boys and QAnon believers - some wearing clothing referencing the sprawling conspiracy theory - were also spotted in the crowd.

There were more conventional figures as well. Vivek Ramaswamy, a Republican presidential candidate, made a speech pledging that if he's elected president, he'll pardon Trump.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I only reference his cheating because IMO it’s indicative of his character.

I hate bullying too. I’m a teacher who’s spent my entire adult life intervening against that very issue.

As we both despise bullies, I’m curious if you’d like to share your opinion on Trump when he mocks people and publicly calls them names? Including everyone who has ever worked for him and subsequently resigned?

Starting with when he PHYSICALLY mocked the reporter who has cerebral palsy?

Of course you needn’t reply, but I am indeed wondering how you feel about this aspect of Trump’s character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump and Nauta’s demeanour

Sitting in the court overflow room alongside a dozen other reporters, I was able to watch a video of the arraignment proceedings with a front-row seat to Trump and Nauta’s expressions.

Both seemed relatively subdued during the entire process, looking straight ahead or staring down.

Trump occasionally stopped to twiddle his thumbs or cross his arms over his chest, hunched over.

He seemed similarly downcast as he was during his first arraignment in New York, on charges he falsified business records, in April.

Nauta seemed to look down with his arms at his sides for the whole arraignment process. Neither spoke during the hearing, nor did they look at one another.

A BBC reporter's view from inside the courtroom

The press spent hours seated in a jury room, waiting for news of whether we would get in.

We were checked multiple times by US marshals and secret service, then sent to a large courtroom.

There were no phones, laptops, or recording devices allowed inside the building or courtroom. When we walked in, Trump was already there, seated on the right-hand side and flanked by his defence attorneys.

The first thing I saw walking in was his shock of straw-coloured hair, illuminated by overhead lights.

Trump looked stony and said little except whispered asides to his attorneys.

He shifted in his seat throughout the proceedings but otherwise appeared calm. When asked to enter Trump’s plea, his attorney Todd Blanche said: “We most certainly enter a plea of not guilty.”

Trump’s assistant-turned-co-defendant Walt Nauta was seated at the same table, but Trump barely looked at him throughout the proceedings.

When court adjourned, Trump walked out of court flanked by his security details.

The reporters immediately sprinted to a lift and we crammed ourselves in to be able to get back to file.

We then ran out of the courthouse to retrieve our phones and send our reports - like the one you’re reading now.

Trump’s indictment played out in two courts today

Donald Trump’s indictment played out in two courts on Tuesday afternoon - a federal courtroom in Miami and the court of public opinion.

Inside the Miami courthouse, Trump and his legal team were demure. One of Trump’s lawyers told the presiding judge that the former president was pleading not guilty to all charges.

There was some back-and-forth over what kind of contact Trump could have with his co-defendant, Walt Nauta, and with potential witnesses in his case. The former president was released without any restrictions on his travel.

Outside the courthouse, and on social media, it was a very different scene.

Throughout the day, the former president posted to his Truth Social website, insulting Special Counsel Jack Smith and questioning why he wasn’t investigating alleged crimes by Democrats.

“One of the saddest days in the history of our country,” he wrote. “We are a nation in decline!!!”

That’s standard rhetorical fair for Trump, who tends to launch his fiercest attacks when he feels the most threatened.

The other message Trump sent following his arraignment was a more subtle political one. His motorcade stopped at Versailles, a Cuban restaurant and bakery popular with residents of the Little Havana neighbourhood and tourists alike.

While there, he shook hands, took pictures and made brief remarks, as patrons serenaded the soon-to-be 77-year-old former president with a rendition of Happy Birthday.

It looked and felt like a typical meet-and-greet for a campaigning politician in a key battleground state. It was a visible sign that, for Trump, his bid for the White House is moving forward, indictments be damned.

Trump told not to discuss the case with his co-defendant​

Magistrate Judge Jonathan Goodman has told former president Donald Trump and his co-defendant, Walt Nauta, not to discuss the facts of the case between themselves. The judge said he recognised the two worked together, but any conversations about the case must go through their lawyers, he said.
Nauta serves as Trump's so-called "body-man" or personal valet and works closely with the president on a daily basis.

Donald Trump in court, an increasingly common setting​

So here we are again. Act II of the same play that began in New York just a couple of months ago.

The play is, to say the least, a little repetitive.

A motorcade to a courtroom; finger prints taken; a not-guilty plea; and a press conference late in the day to turn the event from a legal one to a political opportunity.
In the first act, Donald Trump succeeded in raising millions in contributions and riling up his base; he'll seek to do exactly the same once again.

The question is how many more acts will there be.

Perhaps one set in Georgia where he is potentially facing more criminal charges over attempts to overturn the election there - a decision on that is due in August; perhaps another dealing with the 6 January attack on the Capitol where the former president is being investigated over his role in riling up the crowd before they marched on Congress.

One thing is clear: Donald Trump will be hoping this isn't a five-act tragedy that ends up with him in
jail.

Trump 'not a flight risk', prosecutors say​

Donald Trump was allowed to leave the court today with no travel conditions set for his bail.

Prosecutors told Magistrate Judge Jonathan Goodman they did not believe the former president was a "flight risk".

This was thought to be the case because Trump, who owns a private plane, still has Secret Service protection.

Tempers flare outside courtroom

Tempers are running hot outside the courthouse. Earlier, a short verbal confrontation between a

Trump supporter and a counter-protester drew a crowd of spectators. Advocates for the former president are in the majority here, but anti-Trump protesters, a vocal minority, are carrying signs with phrases like “lock him up”.

1686694163898.png

1686694169327.png

Noli nothi permittere te terere El Jefe!

The more hate that is thrown at him, the more we love him. And yes, we DO LOVE HIM. That said, I'd prefer De Santis. But I'll take either one. The deeper this witchhunt is persisted with, the more likely we are to nominate Trump in the primary again.
If you like your nominee with a side of treason, I guess have at it. The rest of us will be over here trying to save our democracy. IMO

Trump and Nauta’s demeanour

Sitting in the court overflow room alongside a dozen other reporters, I was able to watch a video of the arraignment proceedings with a front-row seat to Trump and Nauta’s expressions.

Both seemed relatively subdued during the entire process, looking straight ahead or staring down.

Trump occasionally stopped to twiddle his thumbs or cross his arms over his chest, hunched over.

He seemed similarly downcast as he was during his first arraignment in New York, on charges he falsified business records, in April.

Nauta seemed to look down with his arms at his sides for the whole arraignment process. Neither spoke during the hearing, nor did they look at one another.

Poor Nauta. Not because he has to answer for all the felony charges. IMO he's about to see the undercarriage up close and personal and be crushed by the giant wheels of a bus driven by his co-conspirator.

I am funny, great sense of humor. I am painfully honest - a straight shooter - everyone who knows me tells me this. And anyone who knows me knows I want the USA population to prosper.

Guess I should do a fundraiser and try to run for POTUS.
You’re apparently more than qualified, since those are the only qualifiers…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!