FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Biden makes any references to the case, it will become additional political fodder for Trump. Jack Smith and Merrick Garland have spoken about the case as representatives of the Department of Justice. Biden wants the case against DJT to play out in the legal realm where it belongs. JMO
I agree Biden should not get involved in making statements
about this case, but others in the Democratic party surely can-
IMO there should be some statements in opposition to the lies
put forth by Trump and his allies. For example, examples should
be spoken about how others in the government have gone to
prison for taking classified documents- and how Trump was
given multiple opportunities to return all the documents which
he failed to do. I hate to see all those lies go unchallenged.

Patrons at the Miami eatery Versailles cheered when Donald Trump twice declared “Food for everyone!” during a surprise stop at the Little Havana hotspot. Then he left without buying food for anyone, according to a local report.

Trump defenders on Twitter noted the GOP front-runner only said there’d be food for everyone at the restaurant — not that he was buying it.

Throughout his presidency his people would float names of possible upcoming appointees. Frequently they were cable talking heads that DJT thought were attractive. My head spins with all the inappropriate ppl he hired, starting with his son in law & daughter. Imo At one point his son in law had a portfolio of DJT appointed duties "overseeing the US-Mexico border wall, ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, solving the opioid crisis, managing the nation’s medical stockpile amid the coronavirus crisis, overhauling the Republican Party platform, and on and on."

Two of his lawyer buddies already went to prison, and his accountant served 5 months in jail with 5 years probation, 2$ M dollar fine after a plea deal for perks he received from Trump org. "Over three days on the stand in November, the executive detailed some of the accounting sleights of hand that allowed the Trump Org. to avoid taxes by paying its employees lower salaries and instead compensating them with luxury cars, free lodging and tuition for family members." Ex-Trump Org. CFO Allen Weisselberg sentenced to 5 months in jail for tax fraud.

He is totally inept, stupid, disgusting, greasy and a creep imo, and hires ppl just like him. For the life of me I don't understand why ppl are so money grubbing that they will do anything to rub shoulders with him. Even risking prison time, disbarment and bringing shame to their families.

Nauta has a chance to do the right thing, in the end.

Imo
<modsnip: Removed political commentary>

The volume of lies Trump has told is breathtaking--and has resulted in criminal investigations and indictments--yet he claims to be an evangelical Christian. There is nothing Christian about telling lies. Whatever "church" he belongs to needs to lose its tax-exempt status.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrons at the Miami eatery Versailles cheered when Donald Trump twice declared “Food for everyone!” during a surprise stop at the Little Havana hotspot. Then he left without buying food for anyone, according to a local report.

Trump defenders on Twitter noted the GOP front-runner only said there’d be food for everyone at the restaurant — not that he was buying it.
His "people" whoever they are, always find a way to justify what he says and does-- I think if I heard someone say "food for everyone" I would assume that person was paying for it- sort of like "drinks for everyone"

The fact that DJT is in effect being taken down by LIBRARIANS delights me.

The thing about these librarians is ... I like their style.

They noticed documents missing. (perhaps something as blatantly obvious as the presidential daily briefings, as they likely wouldn't have known about Five Eyes documents and Iran invasion plans)
They asked for them nicely.
They asked for them again.
They told the DOJ that "he won't give us the records".

When all the hubbub started about "I declassified the records", "I am allowed to have them", they politely put up press releases on their website to explain to the populace that "no, he was not allowed to have the records", that some of the records they received were torn apart/ripped up at the White House, that the other (named) presidents have turned over their records, etc etc etc.

Between Jan 31, 2022, and June 9, 2023, they have put up 17 press releases explaining (to those who actually want to know) what has been going on and what the rules are.

That place is expensive as hell! Although their paella is excellent! I cracked up the minute he said that!

Just another thing that he expects his supporters (the restaurant owners) to pay for. "Food for everyone ... now I am leaving so just pick up the tab, will ya".

Just like his legal problems. "Another indictment, send me more donations".

imo

Just another thing that he expects his supporters (the restaurant owners) to pay for. "Food for everyone ... now I am leaving so just pick up the tab, will ya".

Just like his legal problems. "Another indictment, send me more donations".

imo
And he's only a target of all these witch hunts because he's so amazingly rich. So please donate. After all they could be coming for you next time you break the law!

I am cleaning the top secret documents out of my bathroom as you speak! Ballroom next! Lesson learned!

The advantage of keeping top secret files in the bathroom is that there are no cameras or witnesses should anyone wish to do a bit of photographing, say, in exchange for some free golf course property or whatever. jmo

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> I think Trump WAS a great marketer of his Trump brand in 2016. But today, after the state and federal indictments for very serious crimes and the investigations still underway? I think Trump's political career is still spiraling down just as those megachurches that became enshrined in scandals took a mighty fall.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Good that there is SOME kind of date for things to keep rolling along. Though it sounds as if security clearances would be ready - at the earliest - in late July.

If DT gets charged in Georgia in August, he might be juggling a couple of criminal indictments at the same time.

To get a clearance, the lawyers will have to fill out a 136-page document known as an SF-86, according to a former high-ranking federal agent who once handled the process.
The document asks questions about subjects like foreign travel and finances. It could take as little as a month to get a clearance, the former agent said, if the lawyers complete the questionnaires quickly.

Judge Orders Lawyers in Trump Case to Start Getting Security Clearances

During President Donald J. Trump’s years in the White House, his aides began to refer to the boxes full of papers and odds and ends he carted around with him almost everywhere as the “beautiful mind” material.

It was a reference to the title of a book and movie depicting the life of John F. Nash Jr., the mathematician with schizophrenia played in the film by Russell Crowe, who covered his office with newspaper clippings, believing they held a Russian code he needed to crack.

One former White House official, who was granted anonymity to describe the situation, said that while the materials were disorganized, Mr. Trump would notice if somebody had riffled through them or they were not arranged in a particular way. It was, the person said, how “his mind worked.”

He could point to specific boxes that he wanted to take with him on Air Force One when he was traveling, and decline to take others, appearing aware of the contents inside the boxes he chose, both officials said.

Gift Link:
https://nytimes.com/2023/06/15/us/politics/trump-documents-boxes.html?unlocked_article_code=G81unAdm03t-P0PDbpOZF52tCqosP-9hmHQzgg-kx5uqTxtyMkIJlUBRtMhcEZgGuV6ToSFKM_yDrz__Ijzt8qxY0ajIB0uVzO9ZbGM10DGivMZ320HSHXY_Beuh_lVQxN5jCq45745hFl6ItjU2n0wWvNOlHsyBA9j_8jQOLnP5UrwyAWrDZi3vYKR7c2VhC3EWpDMhpHWfWl8Nl9hi4QHujXp1f1z2yDlL6LSWb4VTwq9PWD46qyX_9Y0SOo62xYCEAgp0nnpO4WDbYrVjvYpY2-TEl6CyaDkrgj8au3g6pyxTM2MVpv1hb1xIUMdDC4MDpVcJyIfmO1aiYq2R7T9xyw&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

As Donald Trump became the first former president to face federal charges, he and his supporters went through a familiar routine of mounting a victimhood defense in the face of unprecedented allegations of wrongdoing. But this time, the stakes are higher.

Trump upped the level of his claims and threats as he faces the potential of years in prison if convicted on 37 charges of obstruction, illegal retention of defense information and other violations. Hours after pleading not guilty, Trump claimed he is being targeted by the special prosecutor, who is nonpartisan, for political reasons and vowed to retaliate against President Joe Biden if he is elected president in 2024.

“There was an unwritten rule” to not prosecute former presidents and political rivals, Trump told supporters in a speech at his golf club in New Jersey. “I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of America, Joe Biden, and go after the Biden crime family.”...

There was an unwritten rule” to not prosecute former presidents and political rivals, Trump told supporters in a speech at his golf club in New Jersey. “I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of America, Joe Biden, and go after the Biden crime family.”...

Yeah, there are also WRITTEN rules about breaking the law, Donald. Too bad for the country that those don’t seem to matter to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24