FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

A grand jury has issued more subpoenas to people involved in the case after the unveiling of a 38-count indictment this month against Mr. Trump and an aide:​

In recent days, the grand jury has issued subpoenas to a handful of people who are connected to the inquiry, those familiar with it said. While it remains unclear who received the subpoenas and the kind of information prosecutors were seeking to obtain, it is clear that the grand jury has stayed active and that investigators are digging even after a 38-count indictment was issued this month against Mr. Trump and a co-defendant, Walt Nauta, one of his personal aides.

Prosecutors often continue investigating strands of a criminal case after charges have been brought, and sometimes their efforts go nowhere. But post-indictment investigations can result in additional charges against people who have already been accused of crimes in the case. The investigations can also be used to bring charges against new defendants.

The disclosure by the agencies was made in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed last August by Bloomberg News, which sued ODNI and the Justice Department’s national security division for a copy of Trump’s so-called standing order — if one existed.

Trump insisted that he had such a declassification order after the FBI found top secret materials at his Mar-a-Lago home last year. He has since been charged in the case by Special Counsel Jack Smith, making him the first former president to face federal allegations of criminal conduct.

But government attorneys have since confirmed in a letter sent Thursday to Bloomberg News that each agency “possesses no records responsive to your request” about the existence of a declassification standing order.

The government was compelled to make the disclosure about the standing order after a judge in a similar case in Massachusetts ordered the agencies to say whether the standing order or records referencing it exist.

Trump insisted to Fox he “did nothing wrong” and that the papers he was handling were “mostly newspaper articles, copies of magazines, copies of different plans, copies of stories having to do with many, many subjects.”

When asked by Semafor and ABC what “plans” Trump was referring to in the Fox interview, he said, “Did I use the word ‘plans’? . . . You know, building plans. I had plans of a golf course.”

Trump Insists He Didn’t Show Off Classified Docs In Taped 2021 Meeting

“He really had plans, secret plans to a golf course he was building. He didn’t have any classified documents,” Mr Fund told Sky News Australia.
“He was just faking it.
“His defence is going from weak to pathetic.”

Trump’s defence ‘going from weak to pathetic’

" ... including more tapes of Trump."

How can anybody support this guy running again for President? smh

JMO

Former President Donald Trump previously said that he was opposed to the notion of an individual under federal investigation running for president, per comments unearthed by CNN's KFile, alleging that such a candidate would "cripple the operations of our government and foment an "unprecedented constitutional crisis."

Donald Trump’s co-defendant in the classified documents case, Walt Nauta, should have been arraigned by now. That arraignment is finally set to happen on Thursday, but these slight delays can add up in a case in which timing is everything.

Thursday was supposed to be the date by which Trump had to respond to Smith’s December trial date request. But with Nauta’s latest delay, Cannon on Friday pushed the response deadline to July 10.

Donald Trump's Former Press Secretary Claims She Had an Astonishing Firsthand View of How He Handled Classified Documents With Mar-a-Lago Guests​

“I watched him show documents to people at Mar-a-Lago on the dining room patio. So, he has no respect for classified information. Never did,”

Convicted Oathkeeper leader warns Trump: "You're going to be found guilty if you try to go to trial"​

Wed, July 5, 2023 at 10:20 AM EDT

Stewart Rhodes, leader of the far-right, anti-government militia group the Oathkeepers, was handed an 18-year prison sentence for seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.
1688572477254.png

"They're going to do the same thing to President Trump that they did to me. You're going to get railroaded. You're going to be found guilty if you try to go to trial."

"So everyone's been demoralized and more likely to take a plea deal and agree to 'test-a-lie' against President Trump," Rhodes continued. "I didn't enter the Capitol, but I was still found guilty by a D.C. jury of obstructing an official proceeding even though I didn't even go inside. And I was found guilty of seditious conspiracy, although they had zero evidence of an actual plan. They just used my speech. It will be the same thing with President Trump."

"They threatened [witnesses] with life in prison," Rhodes added. "That's what's going to happen to President Trump."

The Washington Times reported that Rhodes predicted the ex-president will be sentenced by a progressive judge, similar to other individuals who were convicted in connection to the Jan. 6 attacks.

Last edited:

Convicted Oathkeeper leader warns Trump: "You're going to be found guilty if you try to go to trial"​

Wed, July 5, 2023 at 10:20 AM EDT

View attachment 432981
Yeah, just as a jury found you guilty after your trial. Imagine that! Being found guilty of real crimes.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members