FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump’s valet charged in the classified documents case was forced to abandon his top choice Florida lawyer after the person hiked his fees, two people familiar with the matter said, leaving him unable to enter a plea and forcing a magistrate judge to delay his arraignment scheduled for Tuesday until early July.

The previously unreported dispute over fees in effect meant Nauta could not retain the person as his Florida lawyer, the people said, even though he would be paid by Trump’s political action committee Save America, which has also been paying the fees of his lead lawyer, Stanley Woodward.

The reason for the rate hike was not clear, but at least one Florida lawyer who had seriously considered representing Nauta decided several days ago that the reputational and legal risk of working with Trump’s co-defendant in the documents case presented major complications.

At the brief, 10-minute hearing, the chief magistrate judge for the court, Edwin Torres, rescheduled Nauta’s arraignment for 6 July, after Woodward said his client had been unable to find local counsel and that he was unable to attend in court because of flight cancellations.

In recognition of the fact that Nauta’s new arraignment could delay the criminal case, prosecutors asked the magistrate judge to set a new hearing date before 14 July, when all parties are due before US district court judge Aileen Cannon to set a timetable to start the discovery process.
The move by Torres to delay the arraignment for a second time was unusual, given magistrate judges have the authority to assign a federal public defender or a standby counsel to represent defendants on a one-off basis so that they can enter a plea.

Two of the people Trump speaks to in the audio are believed to be Kate Hartson and Louise Burke, who had started All Season Press, a conservative publishing company, that same year.

All Seasons Press published Meadows’s book, “The Chief’s Chief,” in which he recounted his Trump administration days. Meadows’s memoir reportedly helped give federal investigators fodder against Trump in the classified document probe.

Oh! Now I get it. He was speaking rhetorically. About Anthony Weiner. That explains everything, right?

What.are.these.people.smoking? :eek:

A spokesperson for his 2024 presidential campaign told Newsweek previously: "The audio tape provides context proving, once again, that President Trump did nothing wrong at all. The President is speaking rhetorically and also quite humorously about a very perverted individual, Anthony Weiner, who was deep inside the corrupt Clinton campaign. The media and the Trump-haters once again were all too willing to take the bait, falling for another Democrat-DOJ hoax, hook, line, and sinker."
I consider myself to be a person who has a very good sense of humor. I, for the life of me, don’t get the joke! Neither do my friends, the ones who have a problem with possible traitors. IMO

In the recording, Trump, while going through a "big pile of papers," can be heard talking about former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley, saying "he said that I wanted to attack Iran."

"Isn't this amazing I have a big pile of papers and this thing just came up," says Trump, 77, as the sound of shuffling papers can be heard in the background.

"Highly confidential, secret — secret information," he says as the others in the room — who have been identified as two Trump staffers and the two people working on the Meadows' memoir — can be heard laughing.

"These are the papers," Trump then says. "This was done by the military, given to me."

He then adds: "See, as president I could have declassified it. Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

“Now we have a problem,” one of the staffers responds.

“Isn’t that interesting,” Trump says.

Elsewhere in the two-minute recording, Trump and the others can be heard joking about "Hillary's emails," a reference to Hillary Clinton's controversial use of a personal email server during the time she served as Secretary of State, which led Republicans to allege she was sharing classified information.

"Hillary would print that out all the time, you know. Her private emails," one of the women says.

"No, she'd send it to Anthony Weiner," Trump cracked of the Democratic congressman (who was previously married to Clinton aide Huma Abedin) as laughter continued.

The recording ends with Trump imploring an aide, “Hey, bring some, uh, bring some Cokes in please.”

The cable channels keep playing that tape over and over and over- potential jurors are watching that tape--- after a while you get desensitized to its content and Trump keeps coming up with absurd justifications and frankly, lies, to try and explain the damning content away. I am sick of all the cable stations showing Trump over and over- so I am watching some movies and Shark Tank.

The cable channels keep playing that tape over and over and over- potential jurors are watching that tape--- after a while you get desensitized to its content and Trump keeps coming up with absurd justifications and frankly, lies, to try and explain the damning content away. I am sick of all the cable stations showing Trump over and over- so I am watching some movies and Shark Tank.
I can’t even listen to his voice, so I have to read what he says and after awhile it just becomes blah, blah, blah, on and on until, oh, I dunno, infinity? It all means nothing but nonsense. That’s all he is, just nothing but traitorous nonsense. IMO

I can’t even listen to his voice, so I have to read what he says and after awhile it just becomes blah, blah, blah, on and on until, oh, I dunno, infinity? It all means nothing but nonsense. That’s all he is, just nothing but traitorous nonsense. IMO
It is difficult to listen to his voice but it's the gurning that is the real turn off too.
It is a concern how they can find a neutral jury considering how much publicity he gets every single day. There should be a news blackout from now until the trial. Imho.

It is difficult to listen to his voice but it's the gurning that is the real turn off too.
It is a concern how they can find a neutral jury considering how much publicity he gets every single day. There should be a news blackout from now until the trial. Imho.

Which trial? LOL! :) He has 3 cases on-going now for hearings, and than a few coming up in the wings! :D

I agree- I cannot imagine finding a neutral jury especially in Florida where he has lots of support ( I know get me the barf icon please!)- I watch MSNBC but they are getting on my nerves so I turn them off for a good part of the day: they play that tape over and over and all the pundits discuss it over and over and then they show trump screeching about how he did nothing wrong. It is just all too much.

Oh! Now I get it. He was speaking rhetorically. About Anthony Weiner. That explains everything, right?

What.are.these.people.smoking? :eek:

A spokesperson for his 2024 presidential campaign told Newsweek previously: "The audio tape provides context proving, once again, that President Trump did nothing wrong at all. The President is speaking rhetorically and also quite humorously about a very perverted individual, Anthony Weiner, who was deep inside the corrupt Clinton campaign. The media and the Trump-haters once again were all too willing to take the bait, falling for another Democrat-DOJ hoax, hook, line, and sinker."
Also from the article, this statement by Conway:
"I mean, this man has no respect for rules, no respect for the lives of other human beings, no respect for the country, no respect for the Constitution, no respect for his duties," Conway said. "He is a sociopathic criminal. And this is just another nail in the coffin." ...So true!
(Meant to post this yesterday...)

As a Georgia resident, I'm stocking up on popcorn and wine for when things really get started!

Well - according to my notes -

5/18/23 Update: The Georgia prosecutor leading an investigation into Trump & his allies has taken the unusual step of announcing remote work days for most of her staff during July 31st thru August 18, asking judges in a downtown Atlanta courthouse not to schedule trials for part of that time as she prepares to bring charges in the inquiry. The moves suggest that Fani T. Willis, the Fulton County DA, is expecting a grand jury to unseal indictments during that time period. Ms. Willis outlined the remote work plan & made the request to judges in a letter sent on Thursday to 21 Fulton County officials, including the Chief County Judge Ural Glanville & the sheriff, Pat Labat. "I respectfully request that judges not schedule trials & in person hearings during the weeks beginning Monday, August 7 & Monday, August 14," it said.

Well - according to my notes -

5/18/23 Update: The Georgia prosecutor leading an investigation into Trump & his allies has taken the unusual step of announcing remote work days for most of her staff during July 31st thru August 18, asking judges in a downtown Atlanta courthouse not to schedule trials for part of that time as she prepares to bring charges in the inquiry. The moves suggest that Fani T. Willis, the Fulton County DA, is expecting a grand jury to unseal indictments during that time period. Ms. Willis outlined the remote work plan & made the request to judges in a letter sent on Thursday to 21 Fulton County officials, including the Chief County Judge Ural Glanville & the sheriff, Pat Labat. "I respectfully request that judges not schedule trials & in person hearings during the weeks beginning Monday, August 7 & Monday, August 14," it said.
Thank you :)

Besides admitting he stole documents, it's pathetic that he thinks that when the military prepares contingency battle plans that proves they want to go to war.

He also there calls Anthony Weiner a pervert, presumably because all the mirrors in house are broken.
True that; we have CONPLANS (Contingency Plans) for everything ... everything.

For example here in Canada we have CONPLAN LASER (how and what we could assist Canadians with should we ever be required to assist during a pandemic breakout). That swiftly became "Operation LASER" circa 2020 because it was no longer 'just' a contingency plan, but actually put into Operation. :) Operation LASER - Canada.ca
Just as we have CONPLAN LENTUS - (How to assist with responses within Canada to fires, floods etc) which become Operation LENTUS' when we do go out to assist our fellow Canadians during these things. Having those CONPLANs for "everything" already in place is exactly what allows the military to be able to respond quickly to whatever/wherever we need to when our government asks us to.

Another interesting point to make regarding these types of plans ... we (the military) can be asked to draft up a CONPLAN on 'whatever' should the powers that be request it. Ergo, important to note that 45 may possibly have been the very individual to request any CONPLAN on attacking be done up by the military. (Would that give him additional 'reason' to believe that the produced document somehow "belonged" to him?? It sure would not have, but in his mind perhaps ...).

Last edited:

Susie Wiles, one of Trump's most trusted advisers leading his second reelection effort, is the individual singled out in Smith's indictment as the "PAC Representative" who Trump is alleged to have shown a classified map to in August or September of 2021, sources said.

Trump, in the indictment, is alleged to have shown the classified map of an unidentified country to Wiles while discussing a military operation that Trump said "was not going well," while adding that he "should not be showing the map" to her and "not to get too close."

The alleged exchange between Trump and Wiles is the second of two instances detailed by prosecutors in the indictment showing how Trump allegedly disclosed classified information in private meetings after leaving the White House. The first was a July 2021 audio recording, obtained by ABC Newsearlier this week, in which Trump is heard showing people what he describes as a "secret" and "highly confidential" document relating to Iran.

Sources have also further identified some of the other figures mentioned by Smith's team in the indictment. Hayley Harrison and Molly Michael are said to be "Trump Employee 1" and "Trump Employee 2," respectively. The indictment details their text messages back and forth about moving Trump's boxes out of the business center as his Mar-a-Lago estate to create room for staff to work.

Former President Donald Trump disputed the latest development in the federal classified documents case against him − an audio recording in which he discusses classified information he wasn't entitled to have − and warned supporters that additional indictments may be coming soon.

"There could be others coming," Trump told members of the New Hampshire Federation of Republican Women, predicting that future charges will drive up his poll numbers among GOP voters.

In his New Hampshire speech, Trump denied wrongdoing and accused prosecutors of engaging in "election interference."

Trump did not discuss the newly surfaced tape in his speech on Tuesday, but he did on social media and in an interview.

"I don’t know of any recordings that we should be concerned with because I don’t do things wrong. I do things right," Trump told Fox News Digital. "I’m a legitimate person."

Former President Donald Trump disputed the latest development in the federal classified documents case against him − an audio recording in which he discusses classified information he wasn't entitled to have − and warned supporters that additional indictments may be coming soon.

"There could be others coming," Trump told members of the New Hampshire Federation of Republican Women, predicting that future charges will drive up his poll numbers among GOP voters.

In his New Hampshire speech, Trump denied wrongdoing and accused prosecutors of engaging in "election interference."

Trump did not discuss the newly surfaced tape in his speech on Tuesday, but he did on social media and in an interview.

"I don’t know of any recordings that we should be concerned with because I don’t do things wrong. I do things right," Trump told Fox News Digital. "I’m a legitimate person."

I mean, apart from the obvious truth-twisting here, this reads like a quote from Zoolander.

And yet he's still raking in the small doners.

"I’m a legitimate person." I take that to mean he is saying he's a human being. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966