FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much latitude special counsel is willing to give judge Cannon before asking her to recuse herself. If she shows any inclination in her rulings to give preferential treatment to Trump I have no doubt the government will first ask nicely for her to recuse herself and if she doesn't, to go to the 11th circuit. I hope it does not come to that.

I wonder how much latitude special counsel is willing to give judge Cannon before asking her to recuse herself. If she shows any inclination in her rulings to give preferential treatment to Trump I have no doubt the government will first ask nicely for her to recuse herself and if she doesn't, to go to the 11th circuit. I hope it does not come to that.
She should hope so too! IMO

Did he ever get a visa approved?

We don't know yet. This is why I have been watching the ticket sales at the planned venues in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne (looking to see if shows are cancelled).
And why I found it interesting that for Brisbane and Melbourne the venue information has been pulled from the ticket websites.

Even at the Sydney venue, where the venue is still named, it looks like they are only opening up seating sections as required. And not many sections have been filled.

imo

Last edited:
CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey, where President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not declassify…

“This was done by the military and given to me,” Trump continues, before noting that the document remained classified.

“See as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

“Now we have a problem,” his staffer responds.

“Isn’t that interesting,” Trump says.

Last edited:
Besides admitting he stole documents, it's pathetic that he thinks that when the military prepares contingency battle plans that proves they want to go to war.

He also there calls Anthony Weiner a pervert, presumably because all the mirrors in house are broken.

I received a text message from a Trump loving aquaintance of mine.
It arrived at a bit after midnight last night, 1.35 am to be exact, and yes I was still awake.

I didn't click the link in it. It was the gateway pundit site, and it named some person.

I googled and it was an anti covid vaccine thing.

CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey, where President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not declassify…

“This was done by the military and given to me,” Trump continues, before noting that the document remained classified.

“See as president I could have declassified it,” Trump says. “Now I can’t, you know, but this is still a secret.”

“Now we have a problem,” his staffer responds.

“Isn’t that interesting,” Trump says.

What will it take for people to admit that Trump is a lying criminal, who has knowingly broken Federal laws and endangered the entire country(and its allies) for the sake of his own ego??! The proof is right there in that recording. Despicable!

What will it take for people to admit that Trump is a lying criminal, who has knowingly broken Federal laws and endangered the entire country(and its allies) for the sake of his own ego??! The proof is right there in that recording. Despicable!
It's not proof according to him, but an exoneration... o_O

Posting to Truth Social after the release of the audio, Trump took aim at prosecutor Jack Smith and claimed, without explaining, that the audio is an exoneration of his alleged crimes.

“The Deranged Special Prosecutor, Jack Smith, working in conjunction with the DOJ & FBI, illegally leaked and ‘spun’ a tape and transcript of me which is actually an exoneration, rather than what they would have you believe,” Trump wrote.

The former president added: “This continuing Witch Hunt is another ELECTION INTERFERENCE Scam. They are cheaters and thugs!”

Oh! Now I get it. He was speaking rhetorically. About Anthony Weiner. That explains everything, right?

What.are.these.people.smoking? :eek:

A spokesperson for his 2024 presidential campaign told Newsweek previously: "The audio tape provides context proving, once again, that President Trump did nothing wrong at all. The President is speaking rhetorically and also quite humorously about a very perverted individual, Anthony Weiner, who was deep inside the corrupt Clinton campaign. The media and the Trump-haters once again were all too willing to take the bait, falling for another Democrat-DOJ hoax, hook, line, and sinker."

I will shorten this up a bit...

Tuesday, June 27th:
*Arraignment Hearing (Nauta) (@ 9:45am ET) - FL – *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) indicted (6/8/23), charged & arraigned (6/13/23) with 31 counts of willful retention of classified documents, 1 count of conspiracy to obstruct justice, 1 count of withholding a document or record, 1 count of corruptly concealing a document or record, 1 count of concealing a document in a federal investigation, 1 count of scheme to conceal & 2 counts of making false statements & representations. Plead not guilty.
Count 1-31: Willful retention of National Defense info, Count 32: Conspiracy to obstruct justice, Count 33: Withholding a document or record, Count 34: Corruptly concealing a document or record, Count 35: Concealing a document in a Federal investigation, Count 36: Scheme to conceal & Count 37: False statements & representations. Southern District of Florida (Miami) Federal Court
Trial set to begin on 8/14/23. Trump only.

Co-Conspirator *Waltine Nauta indicted (6/8/23) & charged (6/13/23) on 6 charges stemming from special counsel Jack Smith’s classified documents probe, including conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheming to conceal & making false statements to federal agents.
Count 32: Conspiracy to obstruct justice, Count 33: Withholding a document or record, Count 34: Corruptly concealing a document or record, Count 35: Concealing a document in a Federal investigation, Count 36: Scheme to conceal & Count 38: False statements & representations. Trump: Plead not guilty & released on his own recognizance with no monetary bond (Personal Surety Bond) & no travel restrictions. Nauta: No plea entered & released on his own recognizance with no monetary bond (Person Surety Bond).
Indictment: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653.3.0.pdf
U.S. District Judge Aileen Mercedes Cannon. In addition to Cannon, Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart's name also appeared on the summons sent to Trump on Thursday, 6/8/23.
Trump’s lawyers are Todd Blanche & the former Florida solicitor general Chris Kise & maybe Lindsey Halligan.
Waltine Nauta will be represented by Stanley Woodward.

Case & court info from 4/2/23 thru 6/9/23 reference post #371 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...struction-of-justice-june-2023.680765/page-19

6/12/23 Update: Press Coalition Motion regarding the arraignment of former president Donald Trump. Motion just filed: Press Coalition asks the Court both to permit limited, prehearing photographs & video recordings & to deploy its integrated audio equipment to record & release same-day official audio recordings of the proceedings in this case, beginning with the arraignment currently scheduled for June 13, 2023.
6/12/23 Update: Chief U.S. District Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga for the Southern District of Florida issued order prohibiting "journalists" from being phones or any electronic device into courthouse for Trump arraignment on 6/13/23 & Nauta’s arraignment on 6/13/23.
6/13/23 Update: Magistrate Judge Jonathan Goodman — not U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, who was randomly assigned Trump’s case — handled Trump’s arraignment & bond matters. Charges were read. Trump plead not guilty. Trump was released on his own recognizance with no monetary bond & no travel restrictions. There were conditions that he not have any communications about the case with any witnesses. Prosecutor David Harbach told the Judge that his team would prepare a list of witnesses with whom Trump cannot communicate about the case before trial. Judge said Trump could have no contact with any witnesses in the case-including Nauta. Nauta didn’t enter a plea & his arraignment was postponed until 6/27/23 because he did not have local counsel as his lawyer was not currently authorized to practice in the Southern District of Florida. He was granted the same bond as Trump & released on his own recognizance on a "personal surety bond". Nor did they have to surrender their passports or pay a monetary bond. The U.S. Marshals Service confirmed that both Trump & Nauta had been booked. There was no mugshot taken of Trump & a public photo was used for the procedure, a U.S. Marshals official said.
Following Trump's plea, attorneys will have an opportunity to review the indictment charges & make motions regarding the case, including seeking to have the charges dismissed or evidence suppressed. It is unknown when the trial date will be, but legal experts say based the on venue of the case, the Southern District of Florida, it may be soon. The district is known to be a "rocket docket" court, a term used by legal professionals for venues that adhere to the swift trials. The judges in the Southern District of Florida adhere very strictly to the Speedy Trial clock, which, with limited exceptions, requires trial or conviction to occur within 70 days.

6/15/23 Update: Judge Aileen Cannon has entered an Order directing all current/"forthcoming" lawyers for Trump to get in touch with DOJ asap to expedite getting necessary security clearances squared away--compliance notice that they've done that due 6/20/23.
6/16/23 Update: Government's Rule 14 Motion for protective Order limiting disclosure of discovery information filed by Jack Smith. Defense has no objections to this motion or the protective order. The protective order is meant to ensure that neither Trump nor co-defendant Walt Nauta, his presidential valet, disclose sensitive information obtained during the discovery process, where prosecutors will show the defense what evidence it has amassed during their investigation.
6/19/23 Update: Government's Rule 16 Protective Order. Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart has ordered restrictions on the handling of evidence provided by Justice Dept. to Trump's legal team: "Discovery materials, along with any information derived therefrom, shall not be disclosed to the public or the news media, or disseminated on any news or social media platform, without prior notice to & consent of the United States or approval of the Court" Judge's order also specified Trump "shall not retain copies of Discovery Material.” Trump may only review case materials “under the direct supervision of defense counsel or a member of defense counsel’s staff.”
6/20/23 Update: U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon has issued an Order “Omnibus Order Setting Trial Date & Establishing Pretrial Instructions & Sentencing Procedures” & setting 8/14/23 trial date for Trump, with arguments to be heard in her courtroom in Fort Pierce. Delays in a trial are not uncommon & Judge Cannon said Trump’s case, which is relatively complex & will require security clearances, could be pushed back. All pretrial motions must be filed by July 24, according to the order. The trial’s start date is subject to change & Judge Cannon scheduled a calendar call for the parties to check in on 8/8/23. The trial is expected to take two weeks, she wrote. If the schedule holds, Trump’s trial would likely end well before the Republican presidential caucuses & primaries, in which polls show Trump is the leading candidate. Any change of plea must be taken prior to 5pm on the last business day before trial is scheduled to begin.
6/22/23 Update: Special Counsel Jack Smith informed Judge Cannon that the Justice Dept. has made its first production of unclassified evidence available for review by Trump's defense team. Among other things, includes some grand jury testimony, statements by Trump & Nauta & CCTV footage.
6/23/23 Update: Government's Motion to implement special condition of release. Motion for continuance & proposed revised scheduling Order. [To delay Trump/Bauta's trial to 12/11/23 & to file a sealed list of witnesses that Trump/Nauta are prohibited from speaking to about case]. Motions for a pretrial conference pursuant to the classified information procedures Act & appointment of a classified information security officer.
6/26/23: Judge Aileen Cannon denies the Special Counsel's request to file under seal a list of 84 potential witnesses that Trump & Nauta are not allowed to communicate with about the case. The motion was denied without prejudice. Judge Cannon says that the Special Counsels motion didn't provide sufficient information as to why it would be necessary to file the witness list under seal.

Last edited:
It is so bizarre and disgusting: they don't care about policies to help people live a better life: they have dedicated their political careers to serving Donald Trump. It is almost impossible to believe we are living through such a perilous time in our history: I have a difficult time actually being a citizen in a country where a president attempted to throw an election and has been indicted for obstruction with respect to classified documents, and is running for president of the United States and could get re-elected. It is an unfathomable situation and it makes me very sad.
I totally agree although I'm not a citizen.

That must be extremely difficult for you. I guess don't discuss politics with him?
Oh it is very difficult --- most of the time we dont discuss politics- on the rare occasions we
Do, we start to argue-- so I just walk away until we both settle down- He really is a great
Guy -- I still cannnot believe his support for Trump-I know some relationships have
Been laid to ruin by Trump, but mine wont be one of them--It will be a cold day in hel!
Before I allow that thing to ruin my marriage. But yes it is difficult!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654