FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Convicted Oathkeeper leader warns Trump: "You're going to be found guilty if you try to go to trial"​

Wed, July 5, 2023 at 10:20 AM EDT

Stewart Rhodes, leader of the far-right, anti-government militia group the Oathkeepers, was handed an 18-year prison sentence for seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.
View attachment 432981

"They're going to do the same thing to President Trump that they did to me. You're going to get railroaded. You're going to be found guilty if you try to go to trial."

"So everyone's been demoralized and more likely to take a plea deal and agree to 'test-a-lie' against President Trump," Rhodes continued. "I didn't enter the Capitol, but I was still found guilty by a D.C. jury of obstructing an official proceeding even though I didn't even go inside. And I was found guilty of seditious conspiracy, although they had zero evidence of an actual plan. They just used my speech. It will be the same thing with President Trump."

"They threatened [witnesses] with life in prison," Rhodes added. "That's what's going to happen to President Trump."

The Washington Times reported that Rhodes predicted the ex-president will be sentenced by a progressive judge, similar to other individuals who were convicted in connection to the Jan. 6 attacks.
How annoying to have consequences to your actions!

Trump insisted to Fox he “did nothing wrong” and that the papers he was handling were “mostly newspaper articles, copies of magazines, copies of different plans, copies of stories having to do with many, many subjects.”

When asked by Semafor and ABC what “plans” Trump was referring to in the Fox interview, he said, “Did I use the word ‘plans’? . . . You know, building plans. I had plans of a golf course.”

Trump Insists He Didn’t Show Off Classified Docs In Taped 2021 Meeting

“Did I use the word ‘plans’? . . . You know, building plans. I had plans of a golf course.”

Yeah, building plans, yeah, that's the ticket.

“Did I use the word ‘plans’? . . . You know, building plans. I had plans of a golf course.”

Yeah, building plans, yeah, that's the ticket.
Yep.

And isn’t it interesting, since DT was talking about these papers and plans being Milley’s idea and not his?
I guess the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has nothing more important to do than be involved with Trump’s golf course designs.

Oh, plus of course DT mentioned Iran, so I’m assuming he and Milley are planning to build a golf course in Iran for the Ayatollah?

So pathetic.

Last edited:
Yep.

And isn’t it interesting, since DT was talking about these papers and plans being Milley’s idea and not his?
I guess the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has nothing more important to do than be involved with Trump’s golf course designs.

Oh, plus of course DT mentioned Iran, so I’m assuming he and Milley are planning to be build a golf course in Iran for the Ayatollah?

So pathetic.
You don’t think the Ayatollah golf’s in his free time? #45 does!

The affidavit said that the FBI’s review of security footage provided by the Trump Organization showed a person identified as “witness 5” moving boxes of documents around the estate throughout 2022, including on June 1, 2022, when he’s “observed carrying eleven brown cardboard boxes out the ANTEROOM entrance. One box did not have a lid on it and appeared to contain papers.”

Witness 5 is not named in the document. Nauta was accused in the indictment of obstruction and lying to investigators. Nauta is expected to plead not guilty in federal court in Miami on Thursday. Trump has pleaded not guilty.

“The day after that, on June 2, 2022, WITNESS 5 is observed moving twenty-five to thirty boxes, some of which were brown cardboard boxes and others of which were Bankers boxes consistent with the description of the FPOTUS BOXES, into the entrance of the ANTEROOM,” the filing said.

Thursday, July 6th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) - FL – Co-Conspirator *Waltine Nauta indicted (6/8/23) & charged (6/13/23) on 6 charges stemming from special counsel Jack Smith’s classified documents probe, including conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheming to conceal & making false statements to federal agents.
Count 32: Conspiracy to obstruct justice, Count 33: Withholding a document or record, Count 34: Corruptly concealing a document or record, Count 35: Concealing a document in a Federal investigation, Count 36: Scheme to conceal & Count 38: False statements & representations. Trump: Plead not guilty & released on his own recognizance with no monetary bond (Personal Surety Bond) & no travel restrictions. Nauta: No plea entered & released on his own recognizance with no monetary bond (Person Surety Bond).
Indictment: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653.3.0.pdf
U.S. District Judge Aileen Mercedes Cannon. In addition to Cannon, Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart's name also appeared on the summons sent to Trump on Thursday, 6/8/23.
Waltine Nauta will be represented by Stanley Woodward.

Case & court info from 4/2/23 thru 6/26/23 reference post #777 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...struction-of-justice-june-2023.680765/page-39

6/27/23 Update: Nauta didn’t enter a plea & his arraignment was postponed until 6/27/23 because he did not have local counsel as his lawyer was not currently authorized to practice in the Southern District of Florida. He was granted the same bond as Trump & released on his own recognizance on a "personal surety bond". Nor did they have to surrender their passports or pay a monetary bond. The U.S. Marshals Service confirmed that both Trump & Nauta had been booked. There was no mugshot taken of Trump & a public photo was used for the procedure, a U.S. Marshals official said.
6/27/23 Update: Nauta: U.S. Magistrate Judge Edwin Torres postponed Nauta's arraignment in the case for a second time, to 7/6/23 & warned Nauta's attorney that he needed to quickly find a lawyer who is licensed to practice in Florida, where the case is being tried. He has been unable to find local counsel to represent him & he was unable to be present in court today as a result of flight delays. Nauta’s out-of-town counsel, Stanley Woodward, was present in court. But local court rules require Nauta to have local counsel, too. Woodward told the magistrate that Nauta was stuck at Newark airport for several hours yesterday as he attempted to get to Miami for arraignment. In recognition of the fact that Nauta’s new arraignment could delay the criminal case, prosecutors asked the magistrate judge to set a new hearing date before 14 July, when all parties are due before US district court judge Aileen Cannon to set a timetable to start the discovery process. The move by Torres to delay the arraignment for a second time was unusual, given magistrate judges have the authority to assign a federal public defender or a standby counsel to represent defendants on a one-off basis so that they can enter a plea.
Co-Conspirator - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) – Status hearing on 7/14/23, Calendar Call hearing 8/4/23 & trial set to begin on 8/14/23.

The latest attempt to arraign Nauta is set for Thursday morning at 11 a.m. ET. With just a few hours before the arraignment, there was still no indication on the criminal docket that Nauta had retained local counsel.
Nauta is charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding and corruptly concealing documents and making false representations. The most serious charges against Nauta carry 20-year maximum prison terms.

His plea was entered by Trump attorney Stan Woodward, and Nauta was represented by Woodward and local Florida attorney Sasha Dadan.

I wonder how many people ( and their families) who had anything do with Mr Trump, had their lives affected in a negative way.

There must be a HUGE list.
I think it is quite a long list. I can understand their anger. Who would want to work in such a toxic environment?

Politico took a recent poll which reflects voters' opinions and they didn't work for the guy.

JMO

According to a new poll commissioned by POLITICO Magazine and conducted by Ipsos, most Americans — including a large number of Republicans, who the former president is currently courting for his 2024 campaign — believe that the trial in the pending federal case against Trump for mishandling classified documents should occur before the GOP primaries and well before the general election.

I think it is quite a long list. I can understand their anger. Who would want to work in such a toxic environment?
And not just those who worked with him at the White House.

I was thinking more of the whole picture. Like contractors and others that he didn't pay. I imagine some likely couldn't afford the loss. Then the ones that he attacked verbally and riled up his followers.

He seems to be a bit of a Jonah...

And not just those who worked with him at the White House.

I was thinking more of the whole picture. Like contractors and others that he didn't pay. I imagine some likely couldn't afford the loss. Then the ones that he attacked verbally and riled up his followers.

He seems to be a bit of a Jonah...
The verbal attacks have been so incredibly childish.

JMO

Last edited:
That’s all he knows, that IS his maturity level. IMO
It's not just his maturity level that is so disappointing. It's his "I'm above the law and will never be held accountable for my actions" attitude that thoroughly disgusts me. The secret tunnels under Mar-a-Lago that he thought nobody would figure out his game with the documents....

I wonder how he found his attorney. At least he's finally been arraigned.
JMO

She may have been the only willing FL attorney to represent him?

As an assistant public defender, Dadan represented more than 3,000 clients in both adult and juvenile felony and misdemeanor cases.

She now has her own practice, Dadan Law Firm, and handles criminal and family law matters.

Aside from handling state cases, Dadan can represent defendants in federal cases in two district courts: the Middle District of Florida and the Southern District of Florida, where Nauta’s case is being heard.

As an assistant public defender, Dadan represented more than 3,000 clients in both adult and juvenile felony and misdemeanor cases.

She now has her own practice, Dadan Law Firm, and handles criminal and family law matters.

Aside from handling state cases, Dadan can represent defendants in federal cases in two district courts: the Middle District of Florida and the Southern District of Florida, where Nauta’s case is being heard.
Sad that she needs the attention. IMO

I suspect that she is merely a figurehead. A FL lawyer because Nauta must have one in this case.
A DT lawyer (perhaps Woodward) could be the one to call the shots, and she will be the pawn.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members