GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacasse told TPD that she was basically an alcoholic and often "drank her dinner". I find it hard to believe that she was regularly driving 15 miles out of her way to the furthest liquor store in town to re-up on booze. Just not believable.
Before I stopped drinking, I would drive miles away. I didn't want to go to the same ABC all the time so they didn't realize how much I drank.

But there is still something odd about the timing, the driving route, the police interview, all of it.
I think it's panic. The number of people who would know that something like this is about to happen and then be able to sit there calmly while it's happening and immediately afterwards are very few. Of course she knew she would be questioned immediately. Imagine how anxious you get waiting for a doctor to call you back with important test results. If she didn't know he was about to be murdered she wouldn't have behaved that way. It would've been just a routine day. Obv she knew and she was just losing it. JMO

So I was watching CourtTV's Closing Arguments with Vinnie Politan segment on this case from last night. And a guest was saying that Wendi was playing damsel in distress and manipulated Donna by acting like she was in such an abusive marriage. That Wendi was not exactly a victim of Donna's manipulations in all of this but that she is also a manipulator and had a hand in precipitating the decision to murder Danny.

The evidence is that Wendi told Donna she wanted to put things behind her and move on in peace. She was looking at buying property in Tally, which upset Donna and Charlie so much that they conspired to talk her out of it. From the emails it also appears that Wendi understandably doesn't like to tell Donna all her business. The emails from Donna to Wendi appear to be desperately attempting to convice Wendi that she needs to FIGHT Dan more. All the strategizing about how to make Dan's life more miserable is coming from Donna. I think if there were damning emails from Wendi, Georgia would've confronted her with them in her direct exam. Once the bump happens, no one calls Wendi. All the communication is between Donna and Charlie & Charlie and Harvey.

The idea that Wendi is the covert puppet master doesn't fly. You'd really have to stretch to get there. JMO
Even though I despise Wendi, I have to agree. It appears Wendi never even responded to any of Donna’s crazy emails.

Why plan to discover the scene? Why not wait for them to notify you? This plan seems risky, as it depends on a shocked performance. Not saying it wasn’t the plan, necessarily. But risky.
I agree, but the fact is she drove to Trescott and she could not possibly (IMO) have counted on a roadblock. So therefore either she planned to drive TO the house or BY the house. I do not believe she planned to drive by the house: too much risk of being recognized by her former neighbors and then having to explain why she didn't stop. Therefore, I conclude she must have planned to drive to the house. That's why I'm curious about the contents of her car, if inventoried by the police. The decision to buy the liquor after she was detoured is not inconsistent with an aborted original plan. Her unwashed appearance is actually more consistent with a planned shock show at Trescott than a lunch with the girls.

But there is still something odd about the timing, the driving route, the police interview, all of it.
If we assume Wendi was in on it: she still had to have been shocked that Isom showed up at the restaurant. That could make her wonder— what else do the cops know? Another thing - not directly on point but wanted to mention. If she saw the police tape on Trescott, she still wouldn’t know what happened. Was Dan actually shot or were the killers foiled and possibly captured?? If he was shot, was it fatal? If the killers were captured could spell BIG trouble. Then Isom appears… JMO and speculation.

After a wealthy lifestyle, with all the trimmings, I would think elderly DA is having a horrid time being 'locked up'.
Would her age be a factor in obtaining bond?
Hope not, as all the Adelsons need to be accountable.

We still have WA and HA, but I guess watching CA and DA is causing them even more stress now, than during the previous trials.
Great: more stress round the corner, I hope.
Karma slowly working, 'step by step'.

If we assume Wendi was in on it: she still had to have been shocked that Isom showed up at the restaurant. That could make her wonder— what else do the cops know? Another thing - not directly on point but wanted to mention. If she saw the police tape on Trescott, she still wouldn’t know what happened. Was Dan actually shot or were the killers foiled and possibly captured?? If he was shot, was it fatal? If the killers were captured could spell BIG trouble. Then Isom appears… JMO and speculation.
dbm

After a wealthy lifestyle, with all the trimmings, I would think elderly DA is having a horrid time being 'locked up'.
Would her age be a factor in obtaining bond?
Hope not, as all the Adelsons need to be accountable.

We still have WA and HA, but I guess watching CA and DA is causing them even more stress now, than during the previous trials.
Great: more stress round the corner, I hope.
Karma slowly working, 'step by step'.
Not getting bond. Flight kills that totally. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper