GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt her age would have any bearing on bond. Just because she’s a senior citizen doesn’t mean she deserves any leniency. She committed a stone cold murder. Lock her up and throw away the key for the rest of her sorry life. JMO

After a wealthy lifestyle, with all the trimmings, I would think elderly DA is having a horrid time being 'locked up'.
Would her age be a factor in obtaining bond?
Hope not, as all the Adelsons need to be accountable.

We still have WA and HA, but I guess watching CA and DA is causing them even more stress now, than during the previous trials.
Great: more stress round the corner, I hope.
Karma slowly working, 'step by step'.

Can't wait to hear her jailhouse calls to Hah-vee, Wendi and the Sunshine Boys.

This guy on STS is saying Charlie is in Broward jail. But he’s basing it on an article in the New York Post. Whatever. It’s easy enough to check where an inmate is.

ETA- someone looked it up and told Joel he is in Leon County. The guy keeps quoting the New York Post. You know they get stuff wrong, right?

Off the wall question I know…but …

Are the Adelson’s originally from NY? I assumed they were Florida natives, until I heard Donna speak on the game show video!

I live in North Florida (The Redneck Riviera part of the state or L.A. as we like to say …which stands for “Lower Alabama”) and obviously we don’t have the same accent as people in South Florida, but Donna really has a thick accent I was not expecting.

If the boys are anywhere near as brilliant as their dad, they'll soon figure out the truth by reading all they can about the case.
I can't remember the case, but something similar with the kids, lots of information online about their Mum being a killer, yet they stuck by their Mum into adulthood, refusing to believe she was guilty. I think these kids have been brainwashed and manipulated and probably quite broken. If I was 15 and my Uncle and his girlfriend and my Grandma were jailed for killing my Dad and my Mum and Grandad were suspects, I'd be all over the internet, reading and analysing as much information as possible, obsessed with determining my Mum's complicity. Even if it's too hard to be objective, because it's your Mum, as you trawl through all the information you'll find embellishments, exaggerations and straight out lies. e.g the TV. Wendi is wealthy and although wealthy people can be cheapskates, it is nonsensical to call out a TV repair man to repair a $150 TV with a cracked screen. The call out fee and quote to repair would be $150. The kids would be able to see through these little lies, so many little lies on her part. I would be asking my Mum to explain them, watching as she stumbles her words, trying to figure out a decent story...

This guy on STS is saying Charlie is in Broward jail. But he’s basing it on an article in the New York Post. Whatever. It’s easy enough to check where an inmate is.

ETA- someone looked it up and told Joel he is in Leon County. The guy keeps quoting the New York Post. You know they get stuff wrong, right?

Still listed as in Leon

Off the wall question I know…but …

Are the Adelson’s originally from NY? I assumed they were Florida natives, until I heard Donna speak on the game show video!

I live in North Florida (The Redneck Riviera part of the state), and obviously we don’t have the same accent as people in South Florida, but Donna really has a thick accent I was not expecting.
Donna and Harvey are from NY, they settled in Coral Springs after they got married. That accent is not uncommon in South Florida.

Even though I despise Wendi, I have to agree. It appears Wendi never even responded to any of Donna’s crazy emails.
Yes, that is true. Although - Wendi has just lost relocation and has mediation (and trial) is coming up in 2 weeks. Donna's suggestions are some of the craziest things I have ever heard. Wendi has just had her *advertiser censored* handed to her in court. The other thing is Wendi knows Dan in a way that Donna doesn't. She knows Dan's never gonna sell his parental rights for $1M dollars and she knows the Court is going to see the conversion to Christianity for the transparent and evil act of psychological warfare that it is. All of these ideas are not only crazy - they also have a 100% chance of showing up in future pleadings or at the divorce trial as evidence for why Dan should have full custody of the kids. So are we really surprised that Wendi did not respond affirmatively to any of these emails? Not me.

We have seen only 2 texts from Wendi in 3 trials on this case:
1. "this is so sweet" to Charlie after confirmation of the TV appointment; and
2. "Will you be in Tallahassee on July 13-18 week? I just want to know if I can have the kiddos on the 16th".

We only have 1 email from Wendi in 3 trials and it was used to impeach Wendi's lie that Donna didn't even know about the "grandma motion".

Is this because Wendi never said anything bad about Dan by text or email in 2012, 2013 or 2014? I mean, I have the most amicable divorce possible but if my ex-wife was murdered and you searched my phone and computer, you could probably piece together some really damaging stuff of things I said about her. But Wendi has not been on trial and there is a very good reason her electronic communications are only brought out very cautiously. And my guess is it relates to her use and derivative use immunity.

I've lost some respect from this show after hearing this. It's bad information, they shouldn't let their guests spew out this kind of stuff. Why in the world would Leon County move move him to Broward? CA is due for sentencing in three weeks.

I can't remember the case, but something similar with the kids, lots of information online about their Mum being a killer, yet they stuck by their Mum into adulthood, refusing to believe she was guilty. I think these kids have been brainwashed and manipulated and probably quite broken. If I was 15 and my Uncle and his girlfriend and my Grandma were jailed for killing my Dad and my Mum and Grandad were suspects, I'd be all over the internet, reading and analysing as much information as possible, obsessed with determining my Mum's complicity. Even if it's too hard to be objective, because it's your Mum, as you trawl through all the information you'll find embellishments, exaggerations and straight out lies. e.g the TV. Wendi is wealthy and although wealthy people can be cheapskates, it is nonsensical to call out a TV repair man to repair a $150 TV with a cracked screen. The call out fee and quote to repair would be $150. The kids would be able to see through these little lies, so many little lies on her part. I would be asking my Mum to explain them, watching as she stumbles her words, trying to figure out a decent story...
Think how scary it would be for a kid to find stuff out, or even to think about it. This is their mom and grandma. I doubt they want to know. Too scary. What would they do? Their whole world would collapse. They need their mom, they’re not going to go looking.

Yes, that is true. Although - Wendi has just lost relocation and has mediation (and trial) is coming up in 2 weeks. Donna's suggestions are some of the craziest things I have ever heard. Wendi has just had her *advertiser censored* handed to her in court. The other thing is Wendi knows Dan in a way that Donna doesn't. She knows Dan's never gonna sell his parental rights for $1M dollars and she knows the Court is going to see the conversion to Christianity for the transparent and evil act of psychological warfare that it is. All of these ideas are not only crazy - they also have a 100% chance of showing up in future pleadings or at the divorce trial as evidence for why Dan should have full custody of the kids. So are we really surprised that Wendi did not respond affirmatively to any of these emails? Not me.

We have seen only 2 texts from Wendi in 3 trials on this case:
1. "this is so sweet" to Charlie after confirmation of the TV appointment; and
2. "Will you be in Tallahassee on July 13-18 week? I just want to know if I can have the kiddos on the 16th".

We only have 1 email from Wendi in 3 trials and it was used to impeach Wendi's lie that Donna didn't even know about the "grandma motion".

Is this because Wendi never said anything bad about Dan by text or email in 2012, 2013 or 2014? I mean, I have the most amicable divorce possible but if my ex-wife was murdered and you searched my phone and computer, you could probably piece together some really damaging stuff of things I said about her. But Wendi has not been on trial and there is a very good reason her electronic communications are only brought out very cautiously. And my guess is it relates to her use and derivative use immunity.
LaCasse told the cops that Wendi showed him a binder a lawyer put together for Wendi which contained all of the emails back and forth with Dan during the divorce. He said she thought it made Dan look bad. He said it made Wendi look crazy. So, probably there is a lot we haven’t seen. She gave them her computer.

I've lost some respect from this show after hearing this. It's bad information, they shouldn't let their guests spew out this kind of stuff. Why in the world would Leon County move move him to Broward? CA is due for sentencing in three weeks.
This guest is awful. I turned it off. And, yes, Joel should know that the New York Post is not an infallible source of info on where a prisoner is.

Same feelings here! That’s so careless of them. It makes me question everything they say from now on (and past stuff too)

This guest is awful. I turned it off. And, yes, Joel should know that the New York Post is not an infallible source of info on where a prisoner is.

Charlie was originally arrested at his house in Fort Lauderdale which is in Broward County. He would have been booked into the Broward County jail before being transferred to Leon.

I think the one smart thing CA, DA and WA did is to ensure WA was out of the loop. She was aware of what was happening, but zero communication about the murder with her as they would have been aware she'd be the default prime suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper