GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaCasse told the cops that Wendi showed him a binder a lawyer put together for Wendi which contained all of the emails back and forth with Dan during the divorce. He said she thought it made Dan look bad. He said it made Wendi look crazy. So, probably there is a lot we haven’t seen. She gave them her computer.
Hahahaha! YES. I remember this! Wendi was using the emails to build a case for a protective order against Dan. To prove that he was stalking her. And Lacasse said something like "from her perspective, it made Danny look like a stalker but from any outsider's perspective, it made her look like a complete and total loon".

There is something poetic about Lacasse coming out from under his spell and seeing Wendi for who she truly was. It reminded me of Wendi's line in her podcast where she says: "Danny used to tell me that everyone thought that I was such a nice person and such a good person, but he was the only one who knew the truth about what a bad person I was. He was convinced I had deluded everyone but him". Turns out, Dan wasn't the only one.

Hahahaha! YES. I remember this! Wendi was using the emails to build a case for a protective order against Dan. To prove that he was stalking her. And Lacasse said something like "from her perspective, it made Danny look like a stalker but from any outsider's perspective, it made her look like a complete and total loon".

There is something poetic about Lacasse coming out from under his spell and seeing Wendi for who she truly was. It reminded me of Wendi's line in her podcast where she says: "Danny used to tell me that everyone thought that I was such a nice person and such a good person, but he was the only one who knew the truth about what a bad person I was. He was convinced I had deluded everyone but him". Turns out, Dan wasn't the only one.
Yes, that line was good. The thing is, that IS something that abusive people say to their spouses. I mean, it’s not a nice thing to say. “Everyone likes you, but if they knew the real you, they wouldn’t.” They say this so you will stay with them, because you will think they know the real you but stick around even though other people wouldn’t, because you are so terrible. It’s manipulative. Anyway, if my spouse said that, I’d question why they were with me in the first place. But, in this case, it may have been something he said as the marriage was unraveling. Or, it may be completely made up. As I said, it IS something abusive spouses say, so if you wanted to make a case that your spouse was emotionally abusive…

Last edited:
Think how scary it would be for a kid to find stuff out, or even to think about it. This is their mom and grandma. I doubt they want to know. Too scary. What would they do? Their whole world would collapse. They need their mom, they’re not going to go looking.
They may not go looking, but they know what’s out there. Especially now that their Uncle has been convicted and grandma has been hauled off to the jail and charged with the same. The story is front and center on just about every msm source. They won’t be able to avoid it if they are online at all. Not to mention - they will hear it from classmates and other kids. I feel really sorry for those poor kids.

They may not go looking, but they know what’s out there. Especially now that their Uncle has been convicted and grandma has been hauled off to the jail and charged with the same. The story is front and center on just about every msm source. They won’t be able to avoid it if they are online at all. Not to mention - they will hear it from classmates and other kids. I feel really sorry for those poor kids.
Yep. But if they did find out, they really have nowhere else to go. They depend on Wendi. They’re minors. So it would be a scary prospect. I think if it were me I would leave it alone.

Yes, that line was good. The thing is, that IS something that abusive people say to their spouses. I mean, it’s not a nice thing to say. If my spouse said that, I’d question why they weee with me in the first place. But, in the case, it may have been something he said as the marriage was unraveling. Or, it may be completely made up. As I said, it IS something abusive spouses say, so if you wanted to make a case that your spouse was emotionally abusive…
Yes, exactly. I'm not saying Dan Markel was a saint but he's not around to defend himself. And so if the evidence of him saying mean things to Wendi is "Wendi said Danny said", I'm going to discount that entirely. She also said Dan told her "if you try to divorce me, I am going to keep the house and the kids and you can only leave with the clothes on your back". And she said he never read his book - which has been basically debunked.

But none of these bad character statements ever seem to show up in the divorce file and they don't show up in her deposition - when Dan is still alive. All the evidence of Dan emotionally abusing Wendi only comes out after he's dead. Kinda like Donna's banana bread.

Yep. But if they did find out, they really have nowhere else to go. They depend on Wendi. They’re minors.
I can not even imagine being in their shoes. Poor kids.

They have not one caretaker who has a strong moral compass. I hope one day they become close to Ruth, Phil and Shelly — Uncle Rob and his family too.

Yes, exactly. I'm not saying Dan Markel was a saint but he's not around to defend himself. And so if the evidence of him saying mean things to Wendi is "Wendi said Danny said", I'm going to discount that entirely. She also said Dan told her "if you try to divorce me, I am going to keep the house and the kids and you can only leave with the clothes on your back". And she said he never read his book - which has been basically debunked.

But none of these bad character statements ever seem to show up in the divorce file and they don't show up in her deposition - when Dan is still alive. All the evidence of Dan emtionally abusing Wendi shows up after he's dead. Kinda like Donna's banana bread.
BBM -

"Banana bread" must be Adelson code for something.

But none of these bad character statements ever seem to show up in the divorce file and they don't show up in her deposition - when Dan is still alive. All the evidence of Dan emotionally abusing Wendi only comes out after he's dead. Kinda like Donna's banana bread.
Yep. Hard to know what to believe. At the police station she says he was emotionally abusive, “but not many people know that, because I didn’t tell anyone.”

I did hear Lacasse say in one of his interviews that several months before the murder the judge was furious w/Dan and handed his butt to him, and told Dan's lawyer don't let your client write any more of these long briefs. Is that why Dan went through several lawyers and wound up a criminal lawyer repping him in the divorce? I have a feeling that they were both at times awful during the divorce. But I guess divorce can do that to you. Also, they were lawyers who didn't actually practice -- they would not understand the realities of judges and courts. That could be a nightmare for anyone representing them.

Off the wall question I know…but …

Are the Adelson’s originally from NY? I assumed they were Florida natives, until I heard Donna speak on the game show video!

I live in North Florida (The Redneck Riviera part of the state or L.A. as we like to say …which stands for “Lower Alabama”) and obviously we don’t have the same accent as people in South Florida, but Donna really has a thick accent I was not expecting.
both from NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member