GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second date corresponds with the date of KM’s arrest. The conspiracy is all of them, regardless of their part. When KM went to jail, no more conspiracy. That’s how I read it. That way all the bump calls and checks are included as part of the conspiracy/solicitation.

Makes lots of sense, thanks amicuscurie.

Wendi drinking on the daily isn't surprising, if true. A crutch should be needed to bear the sins of her heart. Maybe she drove down Trescott like a murderer who wants to visit the scene of their crime. I detest her.

Vinnie Politan was great last night! #BestGuests Joel was on his show. With all embellishments possible, Vinnie ranted about the ludicrous importance of WA to go live with her parents while sacrificing the children's father. When Dan Markel could not be bought for a cool million, the A's arranged a trio of hired hits.

Being a lawyer himself, Vinnie praised Dan's legal brilliance.

Prosecutor: Donna Adelson Arrested on Jetway at Airport
Vinnie was on fire last night! It was a great segment. Tonight he is having Ruth Markel on.

The banana bread story was forgotten in her 2014 police interview and in the 2019 and 2022 trials. But she remembered it clearly in 2023 trial of her brother. And its one of those lies that can only truly be dispelled by Dan Markel, who is not around to dispel it.

I will not be surprised if Donna can miraculously corroborate it though.
I believe she might testify if for no other reason than to show off her "chutzpah" for yet another trial.

CourtTV just reported grand jury indicted DA

IMO, DA doesn't make it to trial given CA was just convicted on a lot of the same evidence as she would be facing.
That and the major expense of a trial makes it likely to me she'll bargain for a plea deal. Toss in the chance Ben &
Lincoln might not see her at her best and I think a trial is unlikely.

They did know before the wedding plans that Dan kept kosher. As a non-kosher Jew myself, marrying someone kosher would have been a deal-breaker for me. I will eat kosher food, and respect others who do, but I grew up eating bacon, sausage, and shrimp.
I'm not Jewish. My understanding of kosher, sounds like A LOT of extra work in day to day meal planning, prep & execution. This definitely would have been a " before marriage" discussion& very likely on DM's Jewish Dating site profile. Remember, Donna & Wendi jointly shopped for him on the site. Living in Miami , they R eating seafood! Tells me she Lied to him, knowing she had no intention to keep kosher especially after having kids.

IMO, DA doesn't make it to trial given CA was just convicted on a lot of the same evidence as she would be facing.
That and the major expense of a trial makes it likely to me she'll bargain for a plea deal. Toss in the chance Ben &
Lincoln might not see her at her best and I think a trial is unlikely.
I've been thinking about this. I don't know what kind of deal the State would give her that would have her ever being alive outside of prison -- I don't see the State giving her a deal for less than 20 years in prison. JMO.

Wendi drinking on the daily isn't surprising, if true. A crutch should be needed to bear the sins of her heart. Maybe she drove down Trescott like a murderer who wants to visit the scene of their crime. I detest her.

Vinnie Politan was great last night! #BestGuests Joel was on his show. With all embellishments possible, Vinnie ranted about the ludicrous importance of WA to go live with her parents while sacrificing the children's father. When Dan Markel could not be bought for a cool million, the A's arranged a trio of hired hits.

Being a lawyer himself, Vinnie praised Dan's legal brilliance.

Prosecutor: Donna Adelson Arrested on Jetway at Airport
Agree. On her drinking, I always thought that WA had zero interest in JL. She targeted him from the get-go to be a patsy in this case. Maybe she even thought he was capable of killing for her since he was so in love with her. He looks so much like the husband she absolutely despised, not Jewish, no real coins, and we know from that family, that is not the type.

I think she was drinking her dinner to have to act romantic with him and keep on script to reel him in to go time. JMO

It also occurred to me how ironic it is that DA did this so she could see the grandkids as much as she wanted, and could control how they were brought up. Now, she may never see them again. She is young & healthy enough that she could've been here to see them graduate from graduate school (smart kids) and maybe even start their own family. She also has to sit and worry every day that they won't come after W.A., which would then shift I think custody back to Shelly or Ruth.

And the final sweet irony as all have said of ending up in Tally. The karma cafe is open 24/7.

i must have seen a different clip...it was WA attorney that answered the judge about Paris and said I wish..at least that is what I saw. It was all inappropriate.
Here is my interpretation of that interaction: Judge, in the same room as DA,says DA looked like someone who was on her plane from Paris and then asks DA if she just got back from Paris. DA's lawyer (not in the room but is on zoom) hears the question and thinks its directed to her and not DA so she answers, "I wish." DA never responds. Wondering if it could have been DA on the judge's flight. Was DA on a flight home from Europe where it was mentioned she may have been during the trial and/or verdict? Did DA fly home from Europe via Paris b/c she needed to take care of something quickly in person and then turn around and board the flight to Vietnam the same day?

Here is my interpretation of that interaction: Judge, in the same room as DA,says DA looked like someone who was on her plane from Paris and then asks DA if she just got back from Paris. DA's lawyer (not in the room but is on zoom) hears the question and thinks its directed to her and not DA so she answers, "I wish." DA never responds. Wondering if it could have been DA on the judge's flight. Was DA on a flight home from Europe where it was mentioned she may have been during the trial and/or verdict? Did DA fly home from Europe via Paris b/c she needed to take care of something quickly in person and then turn around and board the flight to Vietnam the same day?
You know, that’s an interesting interpretation! Never thought about it like that. I wonder if more details will come out.

I'm not Jewish. My understanding of kosher, sounds like A LOT of extra work in day to day meal planning, prep & execution. This definitely would have been a " before marriage" discussion& very likely on DM's Jewish Dating site profile. Remember, Donna & Wendi jointly shopped for him on the site. Living in Miami , they R eating seafood! Tells me she Lied to him, knowing she had no intention to keep kosher especially after having kids.
As others have said, I believe she went into the marriage thinking she could wear him down and change his eating habits.

They were most likely monitoring her in case she fled. They sure found out she was leaving for Vietnam pretty quickly, and they knew she was talking about leaving. Had she tried to go to Europe earlier, they would’ve gotten her the same way they just did. It looked to me like the judge said that the lawyer looked like a woman on her plane, and the lawyer answered. It’s hard to tell who she was talking to over Zoom. She has been talking to Charlie every day by phone, apparently, and they’ve been listening. If she was in Europe, they would know.

i must have seen a different clip...it was WA attorney that answered the judge about Paris and said I wish..at least that is what I saw. It was all inappropriate.
I know. The problem was that I wasn't watching it. I was snug in my nest, with the lights out, listening on my phone. The screen on the phone had gone dark and I thought I recognized Donna's voice (after all, we're best buds -- not really). Had I been watching the court appearance, I would have seen her attorney's mouth move. [Honestly, I tried to edit my reply, but it didn't "take" for some reason. Websleuths has been acting wonky for me today. I keep seeing posts come up that I already "liked" but my like is nowhere to be seen? Well, I apologize for my crazy post about Donna wishing she had just flown in from Paris -- on her broom!]

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this. I don't know what kind of deal the State would give her that would have her ever being alive outside of prison -- I don't see the State giving her a deal for less than 20 years in prison. JMO.
What I think justice in this case looks like = CA, WA, DA, HA, all serving life, but that's not going to happen. The next best thing is all of them serving a decent amount of time and for that to happen, someone is going to have to make a deal. I think the State can be sneaky here and convince DA to make a deal. Sorry "deal". i.e she's looking at a life sentence, offer her 15, out in 10 and that for me isn't justice, but if it secures WA's conviction then its worth it and also that 10 years is probably going to be a life sentence for DA anyway. She'll be 83 by the time she's released, she already looks old and frail with health issues, jail won't be kind to her. If she makes it to 83 and is released, there won't be much of a life left for her.

I really want them to get something on HA and then use him as a pawn, offer him a deal. He's not going to want to do 20+ years in state prison for something that he probably thought was a bad idea and something that was carried out with complete and utter incompetence by all parties. There must be some anger and bitterness on his part. Their amazing life in Miami, ruined, just so his daughter can move cities with her kids. I don't care how much love and loyalty you have for a partner or a family member, they do something so cataclysmically stupid that ruins their life and yours, you're going to be pissed at them x 100. And you're certainly not going to spend your last days in prison because of their choices.

Would you have link to tonight’s segment or tell me where I can view it please? Thanks so much!
Hey! Sorry…just seeing this. I’ve got it on my tv - Court TV. Check your guide to see if you have it, it’ll repeat at 10 pm central time. Also sometimes they post clips the next day on their YouTube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper