GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think justice in this case looks like = CA, WA, DA, HA, all serving life, but that's not going to happen. The next best thing is all of them serving a decent amount of time and for that to happen, someone is going to have to make a deal. I think the State can be sneaky here and convince DA to make a deal. Sorry "deal". i.e she's looking at a life sentence, offer her 15, out in 10 and that for me isn't justice, but if it secures WA's conviction then its worth it and also that 10 years is probably going to be a life sentence for DA anyway. She'll be 83 by the time she's released, she already looks old and frail with health issues, jail won't be kind to her. If she makes it to 83 and is released, there won't be much of a life left for her.

I really want them to get something on HA and then use him as a pawn, offer him a deal. He's not going to want to do 20+ years in state prison for something that he probably thought was a bad idea and something that was carried out with complete and utter incompetence by all parties. There must be some anger and bitterness on his part. Their amazing life in Miami, ruined, just so his daughter can move cities with her kids. I don't care how much love and loyalty you have for a partner or a family member, they do something so cataclysmically stupid that ruins their life and yours, you're going to be pissed at them x 100. And you're certainly not going to spend your last days in prison because of their choices.
Interesting...maybe Harvey will flip! The fact that they let him go leads me to believe they don’t think they have enough to charge him, unfortunately. But, who knows. They have Matsuri and they have him outside Charlie’s house the night of the murder.

Interesting...maybe Harvey will flip! The fact that they let him go leads me to believe they don’t think they have enough to charge him, unfortunately. But, who knows. They have Matsuri and they have him outside Charlie’s house the night of the murder.
Yeah, they don't have much. Could they get permission to charge him, knowing a conviction is unlikely, but relying on him flipping as soon as he's charged? If DA gets convicted, you would think WA and HA would be both be extremely concerned. Having their lawyers tell them the states case against this is slim would be of little comfort.

I am hoping there is evidence to indict HA and WA, but I just don’t know what the State has. It was Donna and Charlie who actually paid for the hit (Charlie’s money from his safe, gifts etc, and Donna writing the checks to KA) plus all those wire taps and surveillance at the restaurant that connect those two to the actual hit. Harvey may have known about it, but I don’t know if it’s a crime to know about a crime in Florida and not report it. Same with Wendi. I hope I’m very wrong and that the State is still gathering evidence and can nail them both in the future.

I'm not Jewish. My understanding of kosher, sounds like A LOT of extra work in day to day meal planning, prep & execution. This definitely would have been a " before marriage" discussion& very likely on DM's Jewish Dating site profile. Remember, Donna & Wendi jointly shopped for him on the site. Living in Miami , they R eating seafood! Tells me she Lied to him, knowing she had no intention to keep kosher especially after having kids.
Seafood per se is okay for a kosher diet IF it's not shellfish- i.e. any kind of Lobster, Shrimp. etc. They can have Salmon (Lox) and whitefish- gefilite fish, etc... It is a lot of extra work in my opinion. Unless you commit to one kind of kosher- Meat vs. Dairy, like I mentioned in a previous post on the last thread, you must have separate storage areas for Meat vs. Dairy and separate pots, pans, dishes, and utensils for each of them. Some kosher Jews become Vegetarian because it's an easy way to keep Dairy Kosher. Also, there are rules for how many hours in-between eating meat and dairy. And certain foods that you buy in a market have to undergo certain types of preparation and blessing by a rabbi in order to attain the label of kosher status.

Last edited:
I am hoping there is evidence to indict HA and WA, but I just don’t know what the State has. It was Donna and Charlie who actually paid for the hit (Charlie’s money from his safe, gifts etc, and Donna writing the checks to KA) plus all those wire taps and surveillance at the restaurant that connect those two to the actual hit. Harvey may have known about it, but I don’t know if it’s a crime to know about a crime in Florida and not report it. Same with Wendi. I hope I’m very wrong and that the State is still gathering evidence and can nail them both in the future.
I guess future trials can rely on the evidence produced in CA's trial and regard it as fact, no conjecture and that will bolster the states case against WA. If DA was arrested and went to trial before CA, there would be a greater possibility of her not being convicted, but going to trial after him would see a greater chance of a conviction.

They could always get her for perjury and get her disbarred.

I think the one smart thing CA, DA and WA did is to ensure WA was out of the loop. She was aware of what was happening, but zero communication about the murder with her as they would have been aware she'd be the default prime suspect.

She is guilty in that she had to give them specific details as to where Dan was, time etc. They depended on her to provide the information necessary to kill him. Without her they would have to guess where he was and possibly risk being caught. She was an accomplice in the crime, it was pre-planned.

In all likelihood some of the money came from the business, but it’s cash and can’t be traced. (Also, they washed it, according to Katie, for whatever that is worth.) But they may have more. I definitely think they have more on Wendi, just because we heard more at this trial than at the last ones. Perhaps they could charge him with accessory after the fact for covering it up, based on the Matsuri tape and the meeting he attended with Donna and Charlie after the bump. (They weren’t able to record that one, but they saw it).

Interesting...maybe Harvey will flip!

It could happen if my joke from this morning has any basis in reality:

I imagine a reddit post from HA last week:

AITA? My wife is insufferable. I just want her gone. Fortunately for me she is suspected of plotting a murder. If I buy us one way tickets to a non extradition country the authorities are sure to arrest her on the spot.

Does this make me the @hole? And will the airline refund the tickets?

I suppose one consolation if WA doesn't ever get charged is that maybe the family will run through a lot of money on attorneys and appeals.

I do wish that the Markels would file a civil suit. I understand not wanting to alienate the kids more but, at this point, does it matter?

I suppose one consolation if WA doesn't ever get charged is that maybe the family will run through a lot of money on attorneys and appeals.

I do wish that the Markels would file a civil suit. I understand not wanting to alienate the kids more but, at this point, does it matter?

BBM -

At 1st I thought that would be a great idea but now I'm not so sure. There would be no $ left to collect from the A's and it might alienate the boys to the point the Markels would never see them.

BBM -

At 1st I thought that would be a great idea but now I'm not so sure. There would be no $ left to collect from the A's and it might alienate the boys to the point the Markels would never see them.
Ruth loves those boys. It is the most important link she has to Dan. I don’t think she would risk alienating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper