GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will post Tallahassee Democrat articles. After posting the trial blog for CA daily, I hit the paywall for the Democrat. :)
I know for me, I'm not in Florida, but for my public library, I have outside free access to my local state papers. They even give you access to NYT and other publications from out of state. Also, PressReader.com has a lot of papers--I just checked for Tallahassee Democrat and it wasn't on their list. But anyone in FL who has access to their public library from outside, can probably get the Tallahassee Democrat.

Long time lurker, first time poster.
My theory is that the whole family has had this attitude of arrogance and being untouchable and they probably never considered needing to flee until CA was convicted.
agree I think they still thought CA would beat this and not be convicted. Had that been the case not sure things would have moved on despite all the evidence. Georgia has a method.

WISHBONE and I was wondering just the opposite..."what made them move so slow?" The glory of WS (people seeing the same info and share differing possibilities!!)
As to DA's obvious weight loss....one can not go through so much stress & community scrutiny without it affecting some area of their life ,appearance, sleep, health IMO.
It reminds me of a famous (but old) poem by Rudyard Kipling, and so danged appropriate:
"A fool there was and he made his prayer (Even as you or I!) To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair, (We called her the woman who did not care), But the fool he called her his lady fair— (Even as you or I!)"
Clearskies had a good thought on when DA decided to run. Maybe DA heard about the Grand Jury meeting on Wed and decided she needed to leave right away in case they decided she should be arrested. Before that I would imagine she was worried but not panicked at that point.

Long time lurker, been following this case for years.
I wasn't able to watch as much of the trial as I wanted and IMO, the live video coverage wasn't that great. Was DA present at all during her sons trial?

And I gotta wonder about CA state of mind. A good interrogator could really hit him hard if they play him right.

'Hey, you've been the good son. Stayed with the family while your brother cut ties and your sister moved away. You've done everything they've asked of you. You worked your *advertiser censored* off to keep their business afloat and turned it into a success. And now that you need help, where are they? Your sister is walking away, your parents tried to fly to Vietnam and your mom threw you away to focus on her grandkids. I know you just did what you were told to do but they've never been there for you.'

From the probable cause affidavit. BBM.

"In October 2023, trial for Charles Adelson commenced. On November 6, 2023 Charles Adelson was found guilty on all charges. He is set to be sentenced in December 2023. In Adelson’s trial, Magbanua testified that Adelson told her that his mother, Donna Sue Adelson, had just departed his residence at the time Magbanua arrived on the night of the homicide. Magbanua said the money she received appeared to have been washed.

Jail calls from after Charles Adelson’s guily verdict include multiple calls in which Donna Sue Adelson is telling Charles Adelson that she is getting things in order, creating trusts, and making sure her grandchildren are taken care of. Donna discusses plans for a suicide, but also discusses plans to flee to a non-extradition country. Donna Sue Adelson has considerable financial resources to accomplish this.

On November 7, 2023, Donna and Harvey Adelson booked flights to Vietnam with a stop in Dubai. The flight, EK0214 departs Miami, Fl. on November 13, 2023 at 8:10 p.m. to Dubai. Flight EK0392 departs Dubai on November 15, 2023 at 9:35a.m. and lands in Saigon at 7:35 pm."

Here it is, should be available for everyone.

Interesting that the Vietnam flight was booked a week ago, on November 7, date of CA's conviction.

Donna Adelson Arrest Warrant
This is the critical new part:
"ail calls from after Charles Adelson’s guily verdict include multiple calls in which Donna Sue Adelson is telling Charles Adelson that she is getting things in order, creating trusts, and making sure her grandchildren are taken care of. Donna discusses plans for asuicide, but also discusses plans 10 flee to a non-extradition country. Donna Sue Adelson has considerable financial resources to accomplish this. On November 7, 2023, Donna and Harvey Adelson booked flights to Vietnam with a stop in Dubai. The flight, EK0214 departs Miami, Fl. on November 13, 2023 at 8:10 p.m. to Dubai. Flight EK0392 departs Dubai on November 15, 2023 at 9:35a.m. and lands in Saigon at 7:35 pm."

I suspected they were on the Emirates flight. My big question is where is HARVEY? JUST saw above post same info...it is really important.

I have always said that I think it would be difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt case against WA. She was insulated and protected by her family on this, and she has top-notch attorneys. <modsnip: no source link> It could be wrapped up in litigation through the pellet courts for years. I think all of those things combine make it pretty likely that Donna will be the last one of the Adelson's to be indicted.

WA will continue to raise those boys and keep them from the Markels. I only hope and pray that one day the boys come out of their brainwashing to really look at the evidence. That they listen to some good friends, or someone else to bring them out of their fog and see that every bit of evidence against them is correct and it is not some conspiracy against that family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet that route on Emirates was CA's prefered route when going to Thailand for his "business" over there. And I will speculate that HA had traveled that route too in the past for the same purpose. CA probably learned more than dentistry from his father.

Long time lurker, first time poster.
My theory is that the whole family has had this attitude of arrogance and being untouchable and they probably never considered needing to flee until CA was convicted.
THIS!!
The Adelson family are a bunch of full blown narcissists who are filthy rich - a combination which made them think they could get away with Dan’s murder, or buy their way out it.

I really doubt Donna was planning to commit suicide. That’s further manipulation on Charlie. I suspect she’s been collaborating behind the scenes to manufacture Charlie’s defense, mainly to help herself. She waited to see if it would fly and when it didn’t she was ready to save herself. It’s beyond stupid that she would reveal her “travel plans” on jail calls. Those audio clips will be played at her trial I bet.

Being able to manipulate your children does not require much smarts. It’s so easy to train your children to bend to your will. It takes a lot of courage for adult children to see the ugly truth about their parents & to break the toxic patterns. Rob did it but clearly Charlie and Wendi were still under her spell. JMO

I really doubt Donna was planning to commit suicide. That’s further manipulation on Charlie. I suspect she’s been collaborating behind the scenes to manufacture Charlie’s defense, mainly to help herself. She waited to see if it would fly and when it didn’t she was ready to save herself. It’s beyond stupid that she would reveal her “travel plans” on jail calls. Those audio clips will be played at her trial I bet.

Being able to manipulate your children does not require much smarts. It’s so easy to train your children to bend to your will. It takes a lot of courage for adult children to see the ugly truth about their parents & to break the toxic patterns. Rob did it but clearly Charlie and Wendi were still under her spell. JMO
The affidavit says that the jail calls about suicide etc. were after the guilty verdict. I don't think she could manipulate Charlie at that point. JMO.

The last page of Donna’s probable cause statement is something!

“calls from after Charles Adelson's guilty verdict include multiple calls in which Donna Sue Adelson is telling Charles Adelson that she is getting things in order, creating trusts, and making sure her grandchildren are taken care of. Donna discusses plans for a suicide, but also discusses plans to flee to a non-extradition country. Donna Sue Adelson has considerable financial resources to accomplish this.

Oh my!!

Attachments

• 758BA383-FBBB-4774-912A-15F0C6E00802.jpeg
    758BA383-FBBB-4774-912A-15F0C6E00802.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 21
I’m catching up, but OMG is she the stupidest criminal ever!! How did she not know all hail calls are recorded!? Especially after knowing the FBI had been tapping her calls for years!! This is MIND BOGGLING!
Seriously! I can only speculate that she was basically out her mind with anxiety at that point. JMO.

This is the critical new part:
"ail calls from after Charles Adelson’s guily verdict include multiple calls in which Donna Sue Adelson is telling Charles Adelson that she is getting things in order, creating trusts, and making sure her grandchildren are taken care of. Donna discusses plans for asuicide, but also discusses plans 10 flee to a non-extradition country. Donna Sue Adelson has considerable financial resources to accomplish this. On November 7, 2023, Donna and Harvey Adelson booked flights to Vietnam with a stop in Dubai. The flight, EK0214 departs Miami, Fl. on November 13, 2023 at 8:10 p.m. to Dubai. Flight EK0392 departs Dubai on November 15, 2023 at 9:35a.m. and lands in Saigon at 7:35 pm."

I suspected they were on the Emirates flight. My big question is where is HARVEY? JUST saw above post same info...it is really important.

How stupid can this woman be ? Discussing escape plans to a non-extradition country with CA on a recorded jail line ?

Really ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member