GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Lacasse it had a hole in the screen like someone had put an elbow or fist through it.
I still don’t really understand the TV thing. Why would she need an alibi if she wasnt the shooter? And also, the repair person left at like 10. He was killed at 11. The whole TV/alibi thing is strange.

Which is so screwed up! They lived ..what 8 hours away? There’s a dang Best Buy in Tally where Wendi could have gotten off her butt and walked into to buy her own tv and had lacassee hook it up. God that woman. Is she that freaking helpless?
And all of the salespeople would have been "wowed" by her aquamarine blue peepers!

Which is so screwed up! They lived ..what 8 hours away? There’s a dang Best Buy in Tally where Wendi could have gotten off her butt and walked into to buy her own tv and had lacassee hook it up. God that woman. Is she that freaking helpless?
Exactly! They are a big box chain store, and why do you need to make the repair appointment from 450 miles away?

I think she said that and the judge corrected her and said it wouldn’t be necessary. But I might not be remembering it right. But how else would I know that?
It's my [lack of] hearing! I'm sure you are correct.

Here’s a video of Donna’s hearing :

Wow! The audio on that was so much more clear to me. It is obvious that the judge had to clue in DA's attorney that extradition is not necessary. Just like @amicuscurie stated. Thanks, Gypsy Road for posting that! Also, thank you @amicuscurie for setting me straight!

Maybe Mummy had to take a trip to "Best Buy" to purchase it in person. I know this is a pesky task for DA, but it was for her little darling, after all. I'm sure she took Harv along!
I would bet: Donna (and possibly HA) went to BB in Miami area; picked out a good performing, highly featured TV; and had it drop shipped to WA in Tally. It would not be the Display Unit they saw in Miami but a boxed unit from the Tally store. And DA probably arranged the original delivery time with WA. DA pays by credit card and CA reimburses her...Now if we knew how it got cracked, 9 months or so later....the boys were pretty young to cause the damage directly but they could have turned a chair over into the screen or something similar.

I still don’t really understand the TV thing. Why would she need an alibi if she wasnt the shooter? And also, the repair person left at like 10. He was killed at 11. The whole TV/alibi thing is strange.
Great observation. I always thought it was amateurish. I suppose she just wanted to have a witness to her whereabouts which in itself seems fishy for someone innocent and now, has become especially circumspect because their inside joke has been revealed.

I would bet: Donna (and possibly HA) went to BB in Miami area; picked out a good performing, highly featured TV; and had it drop shipped to WA in Tally. It would not be the Display Unit they saw in Miami but a boxed unit from the Tally store. And DA probably arranged the original delivery time with WA. DA pays by credit card and CA reimburses her...Now if we knew how it got cracked, 9 months or so later....the boys were pretty young to cause the damage directly but they could have turned a chair over into the screen or something similar.
I just don't believe that toddler boys could roughhouse enough to break a modern-day TV screen. They aren't that fragile. I think an adult had to purposefully smash it with something.

Last edited:
Great observation. I always thought it was amateurish. I suppose she just wanted to have a witness to her whereabouts which in itself seems fishy for someone innocent and now, has become especially circumspect because their inside joke has been revealed.
Exactly. The "tv repair alibi" is like you doth protest too much -- so what's really going on here? JMO.

Since the Geek Squad likely gave her a 3-4 hour window for the technician to show up, WA probably thought she was eliminated as the potential shooter as she knew the time Dan would be killed. I wouldn't doubt if she actually thought the Geek Squad would remove and replace the TV screen on the spot hopefully still working on it around 11am.

They drove up there and bought it on one of their visits, and Charlie reimbursed them. That came out at trial.

I just don't believe that toddler boys could roughhouse enough to break a modern-day TV screen. They aren't that fragile. I think an adult had to purposelfully smash it with something.

Same here, and if it was a Best Buy Insignia brand and was hit hard enough to break the screen, it likely would have toppled over and broken one or more of the leg stands.

So was the TV repaired? Be interested to know the cost of the TV and the cost of the repair. And why multi-millionaires would be buying cheap TVs. And why would CA reimburse DA for a few hundred dollars? Surely she'd just say don't worry about it. There seems to have been too much going on with the TV. Something so insignificant..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez