GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't you think they'd want to be there to show support for their prodigal son? Or is he the sacrificial lamb?
Their absence gives the appearance of not supporting their son, but I would think they couldn't take the heat of many of the observers believing they are also involved. Now that I think back, did CA even have a single soul present to support him?

It could have been after the first shot to the cheek (which would not have been fatal), and before the 2nd shot between the eyes(which was).

Yes, but how would LR see that from his vantage point? He said he pulled in behind DM's car and was sitting behind the wheel when SG shot DM. I'd think the area around the rear window and the seat back would block his view of much of anything except SG doing the shooting.

But wouldn't you think they'd want to be there to show support for their prodigal son? Or is he the sacrificial lamb?
JMO: Charlie is the sacrificial lamb so Princess Wendi can get what she wants. I suspect the sibling dynamic growing up was that Wendi is the unmitigated favorite and Charlie has spent his whole life trying to please mama in order to get some of the parental adoration for himself. He probably figured having Dan killed was a surefire way to finally get some of Donna's love. Except she's a control-hungry narcissist and doesn't love people, she controls and manipulates them.

Yes, but how would LR see that from his vantage point? He said he pulled in behind DM's car and was sitting behind the wheel when SG shot DM. I'd think the area around the rear window and the seat back would block his view of much of anything except SG doing the shooting.

Naturally, I think it's legit to ask these questions but I just wonder if as LR said, he pulled-up to a position only 3 to 4 feet behind Markel's Honda, isn't it possible that he'd be able to see that Dan was on his phone and then later, see another arm come up too?

IDK exactly which version of Honda Accord Dan had, but this is the 2007
Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 22.23.39.png

Last edited:
JMO: Charlie is the sacrificial lamb so Princess Wendi can get what she wants. I suspect the sibling dynamic growing up was that Wendi is the unmitigated favorite and Charlie has spent his whole life trying to please mama in order to get some of the parental adoration for himself. He probably figured having Dan killed was a surefire way to finally get some of Donna's love. Except she's a control-hungry narcissist and doesn't love people, she controls and manipulates them.

I too wonder whether Wendi might have been relieved that Donna was fleeing.
The Adelsons couldn't afford for domino Charlie to fall. Once he did, maybe they all thought Donna flitting lessened risk for the remaining Adelsons?

Just spit ballin - I have no idea how long ago they first discussed escape plans for worst case scenarios ( Only have the 2016 wire comment from Charlie ' .....we'd be at the airport already' or wtte )

Charlie and Wendi said that Wendi threw up at the “celebration” dinner because she had a drink (per Wendi) or two drinks (per Charlie) and since she doesn’t drink she threw up. During Jeffery L’s police interview (I think it was the one in 2015) he said Wendi was practically “an alcoholic” when they were together and that she would drink her dinner. I tend to believe JL. For sure.

Charlie and Wendi said that Wendi threw up at the “celebration” dinner because she had a drink (per Wendi) or two drinks (per Charlie) and since she doesn’t drink she threw up. During Jeffery L’s police interview (I think it was the one in 2015) he said Wendi was practically “an alcoholic” when they were together and that she would drink her dinner. I tend to believe JL. For sure.
More likely from a guilty conscience. Robert Blake threw up at his dead wife's crime scene too.

Naturally, I think it's legit to ask these questions but I just wonder if as LR said, he pulled-up to a position only 3 to 4 feet behind Markel's Honda, isn't it possible that he'd be able to see that Dan was on his phone and then later, see another arm come up too?

View attachment 462143
It looks possible with that vehicle that he might have been able to see something to the left of the seat, but with DM being in the garage (and it being darker) it seems to make it quite difficult for LR to make out anything DM might have done.

I just don’t see why they would come back after the conviction. They could just fly on to a non-extradition country.

This Italy thing is just a rumor. There’s nothing to substantiate it. It’s literally someone saying “I heard they were in Italy.”
Agree, except if the judge was right, and that really was her on the flight back from Paris.

I just don’t see why they would come back after the conviction. They could just fly on to a non-extradition country.

This Italy thing is just a rumor. There’s nothing to substantiate it. It’s literally someone saying “I heard they were in Italy.”
i consider Italy nothing but a rumor....no matter what the relationship with their sonI don't think they were traveling in Italy or Europe in general when their son is on trial for his life. They were right in Florida and probably watching the trial.

Dead on, IMO

View attachment 462143
I don’t think he pulled directly behind. I think he was a little to the left of it. If he’s to the left, and Sig gets out of the passenger seat, I think LR can see

i consider Italy nothing but a rumor....no matter what the relationship with their sonI don't think they were traveling in Italy or Europe in general when their son is on trial for his life. They were right in Florida and probably watching the trial.
Right. They fled when they fled. If they were going to flee before, they would have fled before. Perhaps they did think Charlie would beat it.

Do we know for sure exactly where the tape was? Isom and Brannon said 2-4 houses collectively, theres a photo they are saying is Dans house..so that would be AT the house.
trying to catch up ... not sure if this has been answered but I have these screen shots taken from video that Carl Steinbeck put together. Also, @ghibercz on YT has a really good one.

Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 11.40.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 11.40.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 11.38.56 AM.png

trying to catch up ... not sure if this has been answered but I have these screen shots taken from video that Carl Steinbeck put together. Also, @ghibercz on YT has a really good one.

View attachment 462158View attachment 462159View attachment 462160
Yep, according to those maps, you would have to drive down the road and turn a corner before you could see the tape. And if you could see the tape you could see the house. And there were tons of cops and cop cars. It looked like a crime scene.

Agree, except if the judge was right, and that really was her on the flight back from Paris.

Right. They fled when they fled. If they were going to flee before, they would have fled before. Perhaps they did think Charlie would beat it.
I sort of think they did think he would not get convicted. Typical thinking...this group has cruised thru life getting what they want and probably using some people along the way. We don't know much about Harvey but he probably is no saint either. Money seems to have ruined this group...maybe if they did not have so much things might have gone better.

$8M in bank/investment accounts among DA, HA, CA, and WA, CA and WA had "only" $550K each of that but it doesn't include cash kept in safes, or non-liquid assets like real-estate.

After the CA verdict, I figured the Markels would be getting solicited by civil attorneys, looking to get a piece of whatever is left of the Adelson empire. I don't even think they would have to sit in such a trial if they didn't want to. Going after the Adelson assets would be a defeat to WA (if she remains free) who could have lived comfortably off them. The Markels could use the settlement to take care of the grandsons under their own terms, too, and not DA's trusts that she supposedly set up.
Just reading this article now, and noted that DA & HA had a safe full of cash. That must have been where CA got his habit of stashing cash away, but taking it one step further and stapling it. Well, they certainly are a cut above me. I have my cash and coins in an old coffee can in my linen closet. (First place burglars would look probably.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL