GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge has a popular video from court cam. That’s where I recognized her from. People are not used to watching these first appearance hearings so I understand why some may have been confused by the casual nature of it but that’s how they usually go. The judge was saying that she thought defense counsel was on her flight back from Paris the night before. So judge just flew back from Paris and thought she saw the atty on her flight. Atty said it wasn’t her.

Edited to add: @Missyrocks5 wow I just went back to listen to it again after seeing your comment below and you’re right ——- The judge is referring to Donna!! Haha! For some reason I love the idea that Donna’s life has been turned upside down and to this judge it’s just another day! I’ve seen plenty of these Broward county first appearances by remote video and trust me when I tell you THEY ARE WILD! The judges tend to be playful.
Mentor Lawyer has the full 3 hr. video ... very interesting to watch the process play out and kind of sad at the same time. I too thought she was speaking to defense counsel. Watching ML full version sound was much clearer. I loved the ref. to Paris!! Judge Glazer welcomes everyone that morning ... Bonjour! Bonjour!

More likely from a guilty conscience. Robert Blake threw up at his dead wife's crime scene too.
When CA was testifying Georgia asked him what he said to Wendi right before she threw up. He seemed to try to avoid answering the question, himmed & hawed and finally said something like asking her how’s your dinner? Clearly he said something else IMO

Just reading this article now, and noted that DA & HA had a safe full of cash. That must have been where CA got his habit of stashing cash away, but taking it one step further and stapling it. Well, they certainly are a cut above me. I have my cash and coins in an old coffee can in my linen closet. (First place burglars would look probably.)
Maybe they all stapled it.

I think it is the reverse, in my opinion. The helpless baby is the facade.
I agree. How could she have achieved all that she has -- graduating from Brandeis University (with honors, I believe); then went to Oxford to get her masters; then attained a law degree. And all the while her parents were in Florida. It was only when she was in law school that she was living close to (or possibly, with) them.

Last edited:
Yep. And I thought it was strange that the judge said “wow, these are some serious charges,” (stte) and “I’m sorry youre going through this.”

ETA Judges are elected in Miami. They’re not appointed by any legal body, and the voting public generally doesnt know a whole lot about them. Elections generally often come down to fund raising.
I need to read up on this judge and see where she obtained her education -- where she came from. She does sound like a bit of a "character" -- that's what makes the world go round (not love!).

Yep, according to those maps, you would have to drive down the road and turn a corner before you could see the tape. And if you could see the tape you could see the house. And there were tons of cops and cop cars. It looked like a crime scene.
Right so WA has clearly lied. She said she did a K turn at the corner of Trescott and Centreville didn’t she?

Is the eye-roll a satisfying gesture to help you let off steam?

If you chance to see the longer version of the video of Lilith Donna at her court appearance in Miami Dade, please notice her exaggerated eye rolling when Judge Mindy Glazer says “Good luck to you Mam.”

Leon County and video watchers are in for eye-roll shows every time Lilith Donna will appear in court.

Right so WA has clearly lied. She said she did a K turn at the corner of Trescott and Centreville didn’t she?
She has said different things. When she first gets to the police station, she says she turned off Centerviile, drove down Trescott and saw the tape but thought it was a downed tree. At one of the trials, she said she saw the tape from Centerville so she didn’t even turn onto Trescott at all. At another trial (maybe Charlie‘s), she said she turned onto Trescott, saw the tape right there when she turned, and then did a K turn and went back to Centerville.

I was reading how much money the A's have and saying how DA talking about supposedly unaliving herself so she's setting up the grandkids has a greater purpose. It makes sense that she said it on a recorded line. She is making an excuse to make them bulletproof on any wrongful death case.

I don't think the M's will sue because the A's I'm sure now will make themselves look poor, hiding assets, and, much more importantly, it will give WA an opportunity to say that she is not going to let them see the boys. I think that was always the reason that they didn't sue for wrongful death to obtain more evidence to be used against them in the criminal case during those years when the A's were not being charged.

What doesn't make sense is WA telling her plans to flee.

In her defense it’s possible she sees a lot of these in a day and doesn’t really have time to review the particulars of each one. I believe, but don’t quote me, that there’s a judge that’s assigned to these arraignments on a rotating basis and just does a bunch one right after the other as people are arrested. But, yeah, in my opinion she seemed pretty clueless, and said some things that I felt were inappropriate. In fact, I think maybe that’s what Donna was trying to express with her little eye roll when she said “good luck to you.” Perhaps even SHE could see how strange that was (at least to me). To me she kind of reacts to the Paris remark as well, otherwise she looks to me like she’s in a stupor.
I have heard other judges saying -- after a conviction -- good luck to you. (Just saying.) As to the "stupor" -- seriously, if DA had been prescribed benzos by a physician (and, if so, may have been taking them for many years), she could have been under the sedative effects of such medication. I know it is quite dangerous to stop these benzodiazepines "cold turkey." If she had been prescribed benzos, and had an active prescription, I would think that they would have to give her that medication (or be sued, and DA would definitely sue).

Last edited:
I just posted referring to the article, but I don't know how to post it. Thank you. I was just saying how it very well explains why WA was talking on a recorded line about her plans to unalive herself as an excuse to say why she was putting all their assets in trusts so that they can't be sued now.

I watched LR's proffer a few days ago and he said for the 1st trip to Tally SG was given 5 grand (for 'expenses', which they spent on gas, motel and drugs/alcohol) and for the 2nd trip he thought it was 2 grand. I would suppose those monies came from CA to KM to SG, does anyone remember KM being asked about that during CA's trial?

I don't recall much being said about the details of the 1st trip, if that money was also in stapled $1000. increments, etc. Maybe it was and I wasn't paying attention to it since I hadn't seen his proffer video yet, just curious if she ever gave any more details about it. I hesitate to plow through her proffer videos since from what I've heard it's quite the investment in patience. lol
Catching up , but KM said $500 ( sounded like a lie to me)

Wendi said she changed the boys last names because she was fearful for them since the name Markel was in the news. But didn’t she remove one of the boys middle names as well? One that was mostly a tribute to the Markel family. What was the reason for that? (the answer is pretty obvious but I wish she would have been asked why. What could she possibly say if trying to lie? I wish Georgia had asked her about that. Wonder why she didn’t)

Snipped by me

This is it exactly! This is just a formality. Judge knows nothing about Donna Adelson. She hasn’t watched all 3 trials and devoured all the podcast episodes about the case like some nut job I know hehehe (by “nut job” I mean ME!!!)

JMO
Hey, Weki, welcome to the Nut Factory! So glad you are a member here!

It looks possible with that vehicle that he might have been able to see something to the left of the seat, but with DM being in the garage (and it being darker) it seems to make it quite difficult for LR to make out anything DM might have done.
Sorry to quote myself, but I found a pic shown during the 2nd trial of DM's car in the garage, granted it's overexposed but it just seems unlikely that LR could have seen anything happening inside his car.

DMInGarage.jpg

I don't mean to bash LR, I probably would have liked hanging out with him in long days past (minus the criminal activity lol), I just have growing qualms that he may have been the shooter and got himself a great deal by being convincing.

I have heard other judges saying -- after a conviction -- good luck to you. (Just saying.) As to the "stupor" -- seriously, if DA had been prescribed benzos by a physician (and, if so, may have been taking them for many years), she could have been under the sedative effects of such medication. I know it is quite dangerous to stop these benzodiazepines "cold turkey." If she had been prescribed benzos, and had an active prescription, I would think that they would have to give her that medication (or be sued, and DA would definitely sue).
All of the various experts on the show said they wouldn’t give them to her, but I think you have a point.

JMO: Charlie is the sacrificial lamb so Princess Wendi can get what she wants. I suspect the sibling dynamic growing up was that Wendi is the unmitigated favorite and Charlie has spent his whole life trying to please mama in order to get some of the parental adoration for himself. He probably figured having Dan killed was a surefire way to finally get some of Donna's love. Except she's a control-hungry narcissist and doesn't love people, she controls and manipulates them.
And, I find it odd that CA never married. Perhaps he knew that DA would never approve of any of his paramours. Or, he was afraid that if DA felt displaced (knocked off of the pedestal where CA and, possibly, HA had placed her), that there would have been hell to pay for him. So, he never married. (Now, I could be wrong. It doesn't happen very often, but once or twice during my tenure at Websleuths I have been known to be wrong (LOL!). Perhaps somebody "out there" knows that he has been previously married -- but . . . I don't think so).

Last edited:
Mentor Lawyer has the full 3 hr. video ... very interesting to watch the process play out and kind of sad at the same time. I too thought she was speaking to defense counsel. Watching ML full version sound was much clearer. I loved the ref. to Paris!! Judge Glazer welcomes everyone that morning ... Bonjour! Bonjour!
Did she really welcome everyone in French? If you are just joking, I give you credit for it -- hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8