GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said she told him the Sunday evening prior to the murder, July 13. He dated the smashing of the TV to sometime in June, after the first attempt on Dan’s life.
So I wonder if the tv smashing was meant to line up with the first attempt? It would be interesting to get the records of the TV repair company to see what notes were made about scheduling the repair. Was the the repair rescheduled from an earlier date? Etc.

So I wonder if the tv smashing was meant to line up with the first attempt? It would be interesting to get the records of the TV repair company to see what notes were made about scheduling the repair. Was the the repair rescheduled from an earlier date? Etc.
When I heard LaCasse tell that story about the TV on the stand at Charlie’s trial, it gave me the creeps. I was just trying to picture those kids crying and being forced to watch this broken TV where you couldn’t see the picture. Bizarre. LaCasse has this way of describing his experiences that really gives me chills sometimes. He gives this sense that something is just wrong.

You can consent to a search of data in your phone. I assume you can withdraw consent as well. She signed a consent at the police station -- not sure what that consent covered but I think it's in the interview video because Isom read it to her. Maybe LE was nervous about the validity or the terms of the consent and, as you mentioned, they may have wanted to cut off any 4th Amendment challenge later. But if she validly consented to a search of the data and didn't withdraw it, I don't think they would need a warrant.
Wouldn't the warrant be to the cell company, say T-Mobile & Apple to get additional info to get a full picture of what's on her phone?

Well CA seems to have not kept his, as nothing was introduced in his trial that came from his or Donna's phones in 2014. The evidence all came from WA's phone, from tower dumps and from when the wiretaps were installed in 2016.

JMO
According to Katie's testimony, Charlie has Burner Phones, which are meant to be thrown away-no tracers. He's not as smart as he thought.

When I heard LaCasse tell that story about the TV on the stand at Charlie’s trial, it gave me the creeps. I was just trying to picture those kids crying and being forced to watch this broken TV where you couldn’t see the picture. Bizarre. LaCasse has this way of describing his experiences that really gives me chills sometimes. He gives this sense that something is just wrong.
Interesting that this info on the TV didn’t come up at the other 2 trials.

Wouldn't the warrant be to the cell company, say T-Mobile & Apple to get additional info to get a full picture of what's on her phone?
Phone companies can only give phone call times, and numbers called/received, but not the actually Data/Words spoken, Texts. The actual phone itself shows all that, which is why some use Burner/Prepay phones.

Interesting that this info on the TV didn’t come up at the other 2 trials.
Probably because the Prosecutors were targeting the actual Shooters. That evidence was easier to attain, as was the connection to Katherine M(the middle man). One step at a time; Charlie convicted, his Mom arrested, and his sister may be next. She is quite the actress, and though I think she knew After the murder, I wonder if she did before, as her Mother seems the Ringleader to me, and Charlie following Mom's directions(perhaps not telling Wendy until it was all over??). SHE was definitely the Instigator for sure, in my view. She is smart and creepy crafty. They are All Narcissists!

I believe that's true in a couple of cases -

1. You have stored your data in the cloud.
2. You request a data transfer when you get a new phone and even then, you can request what you want transferred.

But I can out and buy a new phone, transfer my SIM card, and activate the phone without transferring any data.

Same as getting a new laptop.
Exactly. I have had laptops break and could not retrieve anything-no Techie here:( I've changed phones, and not knowing how to transfer phone #s, had to input fresh. That's just goofy me, Maybe?.

The article in my original post said “a warrant for information on her phone”. That seems to mean on her physical phone. The article did not say a warrant for her cell records. They obviously could have sought a warrant for her records from the carrier. But I was talking about the article. The carrier doesn’t have all the info that’s stored in her phone.

Last edited:
Exactly. I have had laptops break and could not retrieve anything-no Techie here:( I've changed phones, and not knowing how to transfer phone #s, had to input fresh. That's just goofy me, Maybe?.
I wonder if a rich woman used to other folks doing her work and who knew about the Geek Squad would experience your pain.

Last edited:
I'm fascinated by the Geek Squad TV repairman being at WA's house for 45 minutes. Imagine the sequence: A little small talk, see the TV screen, check the model and confirm replacing the screen was more expensive than a new TV. Takes maybe 4-minutes. Was he present throughout the phone conversation between WA and CA (18 minutes)? Was he simply hanging out for the additional 40 minutes? Have we seen anything representing the content of his interview with LE to this time?

Nothing focuses the mind like a life sentence without parole. I believe Charlie is capable of flipping against his family, even including Donna. In his mind, his mother pushed him into a reckless act for his ungrateful sister. His parents were caught fleeing but told his friend not to say anything to him. I think anything is possible. JMO

snl-kristen-wiig.gif
:p

I agree with you on LaCasse - I went back and re-watched his testimony a few times exactly because of what you described. There was another televised trial that made me feel the same way - the witnesses in the Chandler Halderson murder trial all gave off the same sense that something was wrong, and they instinctively knew it.

When he told that story all I could think about was who would continue to date someone who would do that? Both he and the kids were forced to watch the broken tv. I would be so gone from someone who would do that.

When he told that story all I could think about was who would continue to date someone who would do that? Both he and the kids were forced to watch the broken tv. I would be so gone from someone who would do that.
He seemed to me to be sort of under her spell. Remember, he talks in his police interview about her “sexuality.“

He also seemed to me to be very involved with the kids, almost like a co-parent, the way he was talking.

As I, yet again, watch old videos, I still wonder at WA's demeanor and affect. I don't believe I have ever met another person that displays themselves as she does. I feel as though her facial expressions and head and body movements are mocking everyone and making fun of them. If she is trying to portray innocence, it's not working for me. Even though her mother praise her acting skills. For me personally her expressions are the most unnatural I've ever observed. I feel creepy just watching her. IMO she appears diabolical behind the bizarre mask she shows to the court. I wonder if others feel their skin crawl when watching her.....
Yes, and watch with the volume muted and it is more obvious and rehearsed. Generally speaking, I consider the words of a liar, meaningless. We don't need her words, the actions are telling throughout the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen