GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

IMO, this would have been the first time that WA could talk to her brother, the defendant, without having to ask her lawyer because a verdict was reached and his trial was over!

Generally, the mandatory no contact between defendants and witnesses ends when the witness is dismissed from their subpoena, and not expected to be re-called by the Court. MOO

I'm guessing even if she wanted to speak to him, her lawyer has told her to have minimal contact with the rest of the family. Her lawyer knows that DA and HA are going down and the closer WA is to them the more chance she has of going down with them. That said by distancing herself from the family she risk alienating them and increases their chance of flipping on her. She's kind of screwed either way.

‘The Hunger Games’

A few weeks ago it was hard to imagine anyone flipping. Now Im getting the sense of raw human nature’s desire for survival.

Each person is selfish and why act any differently when they come face to face with their own mortality. They eliminated a father just to make their life ‘better’. I wonder who they will eliminate now to make their own lives better, as in LWP being a death sentence.
True. His family was so close and enmeshed, it’s particularly surprising. There are many tapes I have not heard, but I edited my other post to say at the end, Charlie was still carrying water for Wendi‘s story. He was saying that it sounds like it’s a lie, but it really was true. At the end of the day, still. Again, I think they would have to do something special for him because flipping on WendI means implicating his mother. He absolutely will not do that IMO. I suppose there is a scenario out there where Donna sacrifices herself for her son. Maybe he would propose to make a deal that goes easy on DA to give up WA. But the boys need their mom For 4 more years.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Now, even more so, he doesn’t have his mom to talk to. She was really the thing that would’ve kept him marginally OK. She is his touchstone. I can’t imagine what he is going through not being able to speak to her & vice-verse.

Edit: At the end of that recording on 11/8, he also tells how he was arrested. It was the same Pat Sanford, FBI, who told him to come out unarmed because they have a SWAT team there.

Last edited:
A yet-to-be-identified acquaintance of the A's did contact LE and told them that DA had called them out of the blue and asked about accommodation recommendations in the Philippines. The contact had indicated that is was strange to hear from her suddenly and that they were not regularly communicating before this.

I do find it a little implausible though that LE would need a tip from a citizen to know that the A's booked a one-way international ticket. I've got to believe that LE would have passport monitoring hooks into the airlines perhaps via TSA, and would have been observing financial transactions.
Thanks, found this. It was actually one of Charlie’s friends.

On the day of Donna Adelson's arrest, one of Charlie Adelson's friends contacted the State Attorney's Office in Tallahassee to tell them about a conversation they had with Donna and Harvey Adelson the night before, court records show.

The couple called the friend to discuss the few travel plans they had, and to ask for advice about flights and places to stay. Harvey Adelson told them not to mention any of their plans to their son.

"This family friend has known the Adelsons for over 10 years and has never had longer than a five-minute conversation with Donna or Harvey," records say. "They found the contact very strange."

In CA's jail calls, CA makes much of his belief that Cappleman misrepresented to the jurors what constitutes reasonable doubt. He claims she said words to the effect that if they have a hunch that's enough, speculation is enough, 51/49 is enough, and that reasonable doubt is just using your common sense. Does anyone remember how Cappleman actually described reasonable doubt? i think DR objected to her characterization of reasonable doubt and there was a side bar about it.

Last edited:
The recording between Charlie, Harvey & Donna from 11/8 is quite something.... At the end of the tape, he still is giving Wendi’s cover story of why she was at the crime scene, etc. He is still backing her up.
RSBM. I think he needed to ultimately back up her Trescott story on the taped call because if she is guilty then he is guilty as well. JMO.

I have a few pages or reading here in order to catch up, as i missed a day and a half of reading .. so sorry if this has already been brought up, or maybe pushed aside as being irrelevant.

Its about this particular jail call: (see link below)

Donna reading Wendi's text to Charlie.

She reads a portion of the text then she interjects with her own reflexion and comment.

So Wendi wrote: "I am not guilty because i did not do anything and i was not involved in Dans's death".
Immediately after that, at the 20min 02sec mark, i seem to hear Donna adding her own comment and say: "Yes you were."

Anyone else happens to hear that as well? Or am i crazy?

(I use ear buds)
It could also be (if anything): "Yes you are" or maybe "Issue One" ....as she's reading WA's points one by one.

Help anyone?

The consensus seems to be that she says “didn’t say she was.” There’s been quite the discussion of this particular aside in these pages and On YouTube.

Has anyone seen the one with CA talking about that guy Ryan, and something about an investigator, a picture near a Publix or something, and how he wants Rausch to go after him? Any idea what that is all about? I know Ryan is the one from trial, former business partner he said stole from him.

Has anyone seen the one with CA talking about that guy Ryan, and something about an investigator, a picture near a Publix or something, and how he wants Rausch to go after him? Any idea what that is all about? I know Ryan is the one from trial, former business partner he said stole from him.
Yes, what IS that about? I have a vague memory of hearing something about how maybe they sent a woman to someone’s house and then took blackmail photos. But am I hallucinating that? Did Charlie do something like that to Ryan, or did they both do that to someone, or am I crazy?

Yes, what IS that about? I have a vague memory of hearing something about how maybe they sent a woman to someone’s house and then took blackmail photos. But am I hallucinating that? Did Charlie do something like that to Ryan, or did they both do that to someone, or am I crazy?
LOL. I was wondering what that was about. Maybe someone will know what he’s saying he did. I have only a few impressions about that guy from trial- that he appears to likely use whatever regimen Charlie has spoken about for supplements to work out, he said horrifically bad things in those posts they read at trial, he owned that he said it, and when they interviewed him on YT, he really had done a wonderful thing rescuing a kitten lol.

If he's talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick who alleged he was once best friends with CA, he also testified under examination by Rashbaum that the charges CA had filed against him were dropped. If they were dropped by the court w/o prejudice, CA can't rid that horse again.

Not having heard the recording, IMO, sounds like CA probably wants a tort filed against Ryan alleging slander... :rolleyes:

Good luck with protecting your reputation, CA!

Ryan F. messaged Bri on SM (X or Insta) after trial ... Hey Bri, how you holding up? (paraphrasing) Charlie is pissed ... getting Rash to have his investigator pay Ryan a little visit!! Not sure I heard the part about a pic ... will give it a re-listen.

True. His family was so close and enmeshed, it’s particularly surprising. There are many tapes I have not heard, but I edited my other post to say at the end, Charlie was still carrying water for Wendi‘s story. He was saying that it sounds like it’s a lie, but it really was true. At the end of the day, still. Again, I think they would have to do something special for him because flipping on WendI means implicating his mother. He absolutely will not do that IMO. I suppose there is a scenario out there where Donna sacrifices herself for her son. Maybe he would propose to make a deal that goes easy on DA to give up WA. But the boys need their mom For 4 more years.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Now, even more so, he doesn’t have his mom to talk to. She was really the thing that would’ve kept him marginally OK. She is his touchstone. I can’t imagine what he is going through not being able to speak to her & vice-verse.

Edit: At the end of that recording on 11/8, he also tells how he was arrested. It was the same Pat Sanford, FBI, who told him to come out unarmed because they have a SWAT team there.

Yes, its hard to believe that they thought they could pull this off and probably never once discussed the plan if it all went down. One thing for sure is they are all in shock now.

Ryan F. messaged Bri on SM (X or Insta) after trial ... Hey Bri, how you holding up? (paraphrasing) Charlie is pissed ... getting Rash to have his investigator pay Ryan a little visit!! Not sure I heard the part about a pic ... will give it a re-listen.
If he's talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick who alleged he was once best friends with CA, he also testified under examination by Rashbaum that the charges CA had filed against him were dropped. If they were dropped by the court w/o prejudice, CA can't rid that horse again.

Not having heard the recording, IMO, sounds like CA probably wants a tort filed against Ryan alleging slander... :rolleyes:

Good luck with protecting your reputation, CA!
Wow. Interesting! I'm listening to another tape where CA is going into detail about the business I presume he was in with Ryan. It sounds as though they loan $ to people who have personal injury cases pending the settlement. I played a little Columbo (old school reference), and looked it up.

It's an LLC that Charlie & Harvey were officers in. Harvey is still listed on it and it is an active corporation! Charlie is alleging that Ryan would get checks and cash them at like a check cashing store and misrepresent to him and to other people whatever. Whatever his allegations. It's frankly too convoluted, & as you guys are saying, why would he tell Raushbaum to look into it? I don't know where he thinks that is going. Whether they pursue it in civil or criminal court, I would think the statute of limitations perhaps has run, or with Charlie being where he is, what are they going to do? If it's true. The part about calling the baby mamma is interesting.

Seriously, what a soap opera. This whole cast of characters. No wonder why we are so into this case. You literally could not make all this stuff up:p

Yes, its hard to believe that they thought they could pull this off and probably never once discussed the plan if it all went down. One thing for sure is they are all in shock now.
Indeed. The tapes are beyond fascinating. Did you all hear where he was explaining how Raushbaum told him it'll be easy to explain because he's innocent.o_O That is not the only time we have heard that either. I forget if it was Mentour lawyer or Tim Jansen who spoke with him in person, and that is what he told whoever it was. They asked is he nervous or worried. This was months and months ago, and he said no, because he has an innocent client.:eek:

It can't possibly be true that he believes that, is it? Which means he's a good actor I guess. I believe defense attorneys cannot suborn perjury of their client so maybe that's just what he has to say that in order to be able to put Charlie up on the stand.

Janis M. (not Janice) is a counselor who provides tele-health engagements from Whale Harbor. She actually lists Whale Harbor as her business address and you can hear CA asking about her upcoming appointments later in the day.

When Janis says a few times on the call that "she has nowhere to go", it's because she is renting her own place out, which she mentioned. She has a storage unit where her stuff is (and offers to put CA's belongings there too).

Her life doesn't sound too difficult: she gets rental income from her place, is house-sitting on the Intracoastal with a pool, has companionship from Bubbles, and has an 80 inch TV on the wall (which she says she likes).

Overall, for someone who said that she watched the trial, she sounded remarkably gullible and hardly aware of the severity of CA's conviction, and LWOP sentence.
Interesting…so shes got a good deal that ended with the house going on the market.Had Charlie gotten out, she would have stayed. I did hear today on a call that they were going to give her a few weeks to get out and that one of the rooms had loads of her shoes and clothing.

Ugh! I’m finally carving out some me time and am in bed trying to catch up. Christmas needs to just get here so I can get back to my normal life, Websleuths and this case!

All these newly released calls…I haven’t had a chance to listen to any of them - just keeping up with what you all are saying. Where do I even begin!? Who has the best channel to listen to them?

Mentour Lawyer focused tonight on something that struck me, also, as odd on one of those recordings. CA seems absolutely bewildered as to how/why WA just so happened to drive by the house so soon after the murder. Why is CA so bewildered about this? Could that have been a complete surprise to him whenever he found that out? DA seemed to be casually reinforcing him in his soliloquy on that topic, somewhat different than her active participation in CA's other complaints. CA admits it's a one-in-a-million chance that she'd be driving by that house just after the crime, and understands how that reflected so negatively on him.

So, what could that mean? Was CA out of the "knowledge loop?" Could he have been setup by WA and DA - to be an operational agent (i.e. a money mover) with limited "need-to-know" security clearance? Operating under some other story that they fed him? If true, that would give him plausible deniability and, once arrested, a need to come up with some type of Rube-Goldberg rationalization as to why he was moving the money that didn't involve admitting to a murder he didn't know about and/or flipping on his family. He would have been able to quickly figure he was used as a patsy once the murder happened, or when informed by KM the night before that the money was for a murder that he didn't know was inspired by his own family.

Or, alternatively, perhaps it went down exactly as the prosecution theorized, but CA never knew that WA had operational knowledge - I guess relayed from DA who obviously cannot stay silent. WA did tell JL about the upcoming hit, but perhaps she never told CA she knew the plan. IDK, this is confusing.

Another thing that struck me is that in another call, DA claims emphatically that they have always been "protecting Wendi." How far does that "protection" extend? Everybody in the family has a high degree of resentment toward WA for all of the "protection" they feel that they have needed to give her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member