GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to think given the degree of enmeshment in the Adelson family.

I don't know whether or not seeing DA arrested and following his path was a light bulb moment of 'wtf were were thinking?' or if CA's response will be that of a martyr. Perhaps they (CA/DA) will both become martyrs for WA.

I once said that the Adelson code was to protect WA at all costs or you are out. Guess it didn't work out so good and better to be out of the family.

I think about Robert and hope he can find peace with all of this. It can't be easy seeing your own mother incarcerated and facing serious charges, let alone your little brother sentenced to life+.

That was an interesting article. You may think a family is really close, and are envious, but it’s really just manipulation and control. Very few families live close together nowadays,as it used to be. When you knew you’d take care of your aging parents. Kids now don’t really consider that and many seniors are without means and help when they get ill.

Dec 12, 2023 #CharlieAdelson #LawAndCrime
The man who was the mastermind behind his brother-in-law’s murder was sentenced to life without parole. Tuesday morning, Charlie Adelson briefly spoke in front of a Florida judge stating, “I just wanted to say that I maintain my innocence” before the judge sentenced him to spend the rest of his life behind bars. Adelson hired three people to kill Dan Markel. At the time of his murder, Markel was in a brutal divorce and custody battle with Adelson’s sister, Wendi Adelson.

MATT NAHAMDec 12th, 2023, 11:00 am rbbm lengthy article.
''A 47-year-old Florida dentist found guilty in early November of masterminding the 2014 murder of his former brother-in-law, FSU law professor Dan Markel, was sentenced in a Leon County courtroom Tuesday to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Dan Markel’s father Phil Markel, recounting all of his son’s academic achievements and the joys of fatherhood, delivered victim impact statements Tuesday calling the Adelson family, and Charlie Adelson “in particular,” a “major cause of our heartbreak” in the murder of his son and the “loss of our two grandsons.”

“It is satisfying to see justice being done, and it would be appropriate to ask for the maximum sentence for the perpetrators of Danny’s murder,” Phil Markel said. “Thank you, today is a good day.”
I’m not sure the article is correct that he hired 3.Sigfredo hired Luis. Glad hes behind bars.

Following on from your points above

Florida Politics asks another question :
'How did Wendi’s relocation problem turn into something that Charlie would compromise his own life to solve?
How can Wendi move on with her own life — perhaps even becoming the trustee of the family’s millions, largely earned by Charlie himself — while Charlie’s biggest satisfaction will now come from a limited prison commissary?'

Based on the incredible amount of calls between C and D after his trial and before she tried to flee,you can see how complicated his relationship is with his mother. He was a grown man and being summoned to his mother’s beck and call as if he was still a child. Everything Donna did for her children was to ultimately benefit herself. I just hope Dan markels kids can come out of that dark cloud they also were raised in.

I hope Charlie can reach remorse. He did a very evil thing and maybe now that he is not so removed from it he can see how truly evil it was. He did seem to be listening to Phil Markel speak.
That said I’m so glad he got life without parole and he deserves nothing less.
RIP Dan.
I'd like to think that at least one of the 4 Adelson's will show some sort of remorse. They are probably sociopaths and narcissists, but perhaps with all that has gone on they will have a chance to reflect on what they have done and the fallout from their actions. So many lives ruined.

I'd like to think that at least one of the 4 Adelson's will show some sort of remorse. They are probably sociopaths and narcissists, but perhaps with all that has gone on they will have a chance to reflect on what they have done and the fallout from their actions. So many lives ruined.
Charlie did seem to me to have some emotion on his face when Phil spoke, and at some points during the trial. He may regret what he has done. I was surprised when he said he maintained his innocence. In my opinion the fact that Rashbaum visited with both him and Donna may have had something to do with that. Of all of them, Charlie is the only one, in my opinion, who has looked sad at any point. Whether he is merely sad for himself, I don’t know.

Given the plural "perpetrators" in GC's quote yesterday (below), I'd like to believe that more arrests are coming in the next year or two but I know that this can be interpreted in different ways.

Source: Tallahassee Democrat, December 13, 2023 by Jeff Burlew:

After Charlie Adelson's sentencing, Cappleman indicated that the state will continue to methodically prosecute the perpetrators.

“Onward,” she said. “One step forward. Slow but steady.”

Wendi suggested in her podcast that her mother had one.
she stated that her mother tried to go to Weight watchers bc she thought she was fat but she was turned down bc she was so thin.(not exact words but the gist of it)
Nitpicker (or someone) can you please provide a link to the Wendi podcast you’re referring to? TIA

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I am wondering if Georgia Cappleman knew Dan Markel. I just read on her Linked in page that she is an adjunct prof at FSU.

Regarding the phone convos between DA and CA where she talks about fleeing to Vietnam and wanting to “unalive” herself… has there ever been any info as to what CA’s responses were to all of this? Was he incredulous? Sympathetic? It will be so interesting if we ever hear. MOO

Listening to Mr. Markel was so hard. This family had a son brutally murdered and taken from them and then just as heartlessly, they had their grandsons taken as well.
I hope that at some point, both boys will be old enough to make their own assessments and decisions and will get to spend time with the Markel family.

Phil Markel rightfully laments that the wheel of justice turns very slowly.

The flurry of calls among the coconspirators and the victim during the fateful morning of the murder could be critical to the investigation, if the investigation continues. The people in this flurry of calls are either dead, or sentenced LWOP / 19Y for Rivera, or arraigned and jailed WOB. Only State labeled unindicted coconspirator Wendi Adelson, Esq. is unscathed.

It is hoped that the TPD, the FBI, and the sleuths get creative such that the Wheel of Justice For Dan Markel turns earnestly in the direction of Ms. Wendi.

Attachments

• flurry of calls with wendi.png
    flurry of calls with wendi.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 40
Regarding the phone convos between DA and CA where she talks about fleeing to Vietnam and wanting to “unalive” herself… has there ever been any info as to what CA’s responses were to all of this? Was he incredulous? Sympathetic? It will be so interesting if we ever hear. MOO
MISY...great question! I'm thinking CA is somehow taking the blame because he screwed up by hiring SG, LR via KM (another "criminally enmeshed" group if you think about it.) Not only that, his "extortion strategy defense failed" and the disclosure of DA's involvement "this TV will cost 5" along with CA's silly penchant for codes. He sealed the deal as DA being a co-conspirator!!
I have been very, very uncomfortable (an uneasy feeling) with DR visiting both CA and DA in Leon County. Knowing MD never reviewed or requested DA's medical files, her searing stares when her failures were disclosed and lack of working knowledge with Leon County jail system. She was/has clearly been taking her "information" from DR and not her client. Even more disturbing leaving in the same vehicle, after the hearings were DR & MD. Hmmm wonder if there is such a thing as "enmeshed attorneys." Nah, huh?
edited to add: Is DR still "on the meter" and MDis just going to be his legal puppet to avoid claims of conflict of interest? I think he is in the thick of it, because I don't think any of the Adelson's still free in SoFla are willing to introduce/engage any new attorneys into their legal mess/shenanigans.

Last edited:
Wendi Adelson, Esq., daughter of Donna Adelson, shows her own talent at displaying pursed lips of disapproval for trivial matters, proving that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Collective sleuths, TPD, FBI, and State investigators: this similarity hints that some new “bumping tools” could shake the investigation toward More Justice For Dan Markel.

Attachments

• why protective custody.png
    why protective custody.png
    923.9 KB · Views: 19
  • what is your address.png
    what is your address.png
    432 KB · Views: 20
I must say, I rather enjoyed her antics at the hearing. Knowing she has such disdain for her accommodation and those in charge of her; I take guilty pleasures. IMO
It reconfirmed my theory of DA's ability to find displeasure with anything that does not fit her agenda. And then use the situation to make herself the victim. Look at how she managed to get an emergency hearing in an attempt to punish and humiliate the staff mgmt at Leon County's Graybar Hotel, and thought she was going to get the riot act read to them by the judge. (I know, I know...I'm holding back my herd of snark: ie, sarcastic, impertinent or irreverent in tone or manner and the reins are ripping through my hands...) But it didn't happen.
Au contraire, MDis' unnecessarily rude & rapid manner questioning of Chief Mack was so overboard, the Judge had to stop it. (Chief Mack oversees over 1000 incarcerated individuals and 300 employees on any given day.) I can't imagine he had time to follow the hour by hour events of his new 5star inmate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member