GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of questions…

Does anyone know how much CA paid for his defense team? I had heard a crazy number somewhere along the way.

When Wendi was brought into the police station and told that Dan was shot and probably wouldn’t make it, she immediately started crying with her hands in her face. Thinking about being in that situation I would probably say “what??” before anything, not being able to absorb this information so quickly. How about you?

Why was the money washed? I have never hear of anything like this.

That would have been an obvious red flag to her involvement if I were performing the interview. It was overkill for a first reaction. Has it been mentioned at any point?

Words like ‘what, what do you mean, when did this happen, are you sure it’s my ex, wait I need to make sure my children are ok, etc. Those terms & reaction are more in line with someone who is not involved.

Last edited:
Regarding Rivera’s alleged “I know” comment from Katie, Georgia said in her closing that she has no evidence that Wendi called to say it was done. We also know she never alleged in Charlie’s trial that he called Katie to say it was done prior to Garcia calling Katie. How would Charlie find out that fast anyway? I think this issue is a non-issue at this point. Katie never said it imo.

Go to the 11:30 min mark:

"Where are my kids?"
BINGO!!! Or even...was there anyone else with him? Where did it happen? Was this a driveby, a robbery at a store?
I have been in situations where I have received devastating news...the kind that drops you to the floor and you think, "Did I just hear that?" "Are you sure?"...but never have I covered my face and cried like that. Maybe I'm more stoic in my grief.
But I digress. I remember in the police interview WA said something to the effect, "I called Danny at 11am, to talk about my sons school and he didn't answer his phone." That was the confirmation and that's when she knew(or highly suspected) that the murder had occurred!!
You know the country/west song? If the phone doesn't ring, it's me. In this case, if he doesn't take my call or return my call in the next 30 minutes then I know the plan was completed. Bingo! So to confirm she drives over to Trescott to see if there is any activity. And she tells Det Isom, "I have a bad sense direction" right?? Would it surprise anyone that the female lawyer she wrote about in her book also claimed to have a bad sense of direction???
Cosmic coincidences falling from the skies, huh?
PS...if anyone can get the time stamp on the police station video faster than me, please, please do so, thank you in advance.

BINGO!!! Or even...was there anyone else with him? Where did it happen? Was this a driveby, a robbery at a store?
I have been in situations where I have received devastating news...the kind that drops you to the floor and you think, "Did I just hear that?" "Are you sure?"...but never have I covered my face and cried like that. Maybe I'm more stoic in my grief.
But I digress. I remember in the police interview WA said something to the effect, "I called Danny at 11am, to talk about my sons school and he didn't answer his phone." That was the confirmation and that's when she knew(or highly suspected) that the murder had occurred!!
You know the country/west song? If the phone doesn't ring, it's me. In this case, if he doesn't take my call or return my call in the next 30 minutes then I know the plan was completed. Bingo! So to confirm she drives over to Trescott to see if there is any activity. And she tells Det Isom, "I have a bad sense direction" right?? Would it surprise anyone that the female lawyer she wrote about in her book also claimed to have a bad sense of direction???
Cosmic coincidences falling from the skies, huh?
PS...if anyone can get the time stamp on the police station video faster than me, please, please do so, thank you in advance.
OKAY I FOUND IT!! At 42:59/5:02:05 of the video or you can go by the time of the actual video time /date which is 3:30:32PM...WA begins the "act" of bringing of too much minutiae...to a very simple question. "When was the last time you saw Dan?"
Thanks in advance for your patience...but the light bulb finally turned on in my head! Dhaang she's (WA) a clever one...it took me years to have this ahah moment. And of course all of you are saying, "We already knew that!" Didn't need Hello Cupid, WhatsApp or secret codes to communicate. The failure to return her call was confirmation...bettcha.

Last edited:
Also he said he was attracted to his own sister. He never expresses disgust or shock or “eeew” that this happened, not at the time when someone told him who it was (as he describes it), nor on this call.
So freaking bizarre! I mean a lot of things are extremely bizarre with this fam. These people are from another planet or something and just so very strange and extremely out of touch and just plain WEIRD!

Can anyone explain how you can flee the country but still chat to your son on recorded jail calls without giving away your location?

Are the parents lying to Charlie or have they been told that being in Vietnam ( or elsewhere) doesn't preclude them continuing to do long, daily calls?

There are a few conversations where Donna & Harvey promise they'll still be able to call him.
eg 8th Nov Charlie raises issue of visits at the intake centre where he'll be for 30 days before he's transferred

Charlie: I think you're allowed visitors there but I don't know if that's where I want you to see me but I'll be looking really good when you see me.
Donna replies '.....we're doing just fine talking on the phone...
That's not gonna make the difference... ( Donna means a physical visit isn't gonna....)
at least we get to talk to each other and that's really what matters

Charlie: Soooooo.... ( Charlie starts sobbing )
Donna: we will always be able to talk to you Charlie, we will always be able to talk to you at any at any time
Harvey: any time Charlie

( Charlie doesn't reply on that topic, moves on to reminiscing about how great his life was in 2013)

6 minutes into this call

Last edited:
Regarding Rivera’s alleged “I know” comment from Katie, Georgia said in her closing that she has no evidence that Wendi called to say it was done. We also know she never alleged in Charlie’s trial that he called Katie to say it was done prior to Garcia calling Katie. How would Charlie find out that fast anyway? I think this issue is a non-issue at this point. Katie never said it imo.

Go to the 11:30 min mark:

I’m with you. Or maybe she said it but she didn’t mean what people take it to mean.

Can anyone explain how you can flee the country but still chat to your son on recorded jail calls without giving away your location?

Are the parents lying to Charlie or have they been told that being in Vietnam ( or elsewhere) doesn't preclude them continuing to do long, daily calls?

There are a few conversations where Donna & Harvey promise they'll still be able to call him.
eg 8th Nov Charlie raises issue of visits at the intake centre where he'll be for 30 days before he's transferred

Charlie: I think you're allowed visitors there but I don't know if that's where I want you to see me but I'll be looking really good when you see me.
Donna replies '.....we're doing just fine talking on the phone...
That's not gonna make the difference... ( Donna means a physical visit isn't gonna....)
at least we get to talk to each other and that's really what matters

Charlie: Soooooo.... ( Charlie starts sobbing )
Donna: we will always be able to talk to you Charlie, we will always be able to talk to you at any at any time
Harvey: any time Charlie

( Charlie doesn't reply on that topic, moves on to reminiscing about how great his life was in 2013)

6 minutes into this call

In my opinion, they are just saying this, they don’t mean it.

There is no way Donna and Harvey were planning to ever talk to Charlie ever again once they left the country. You don’t run from the law and then give your number to your son in prison where calls are recorded. Remember he has to call them they can’t call him. I guess they could have Rashbaum 3 way them in on his private unrecorded calls. But would Rashbaum allow that? That would be violating the law and aiding and abetting fugitives. Even if Donna wasn’t charged at the time she fled, I’m sure prosecutors would’ve charged her and there would’ve been a warrant out for her arrest. As her last attorney Rashbaum would’ve been asked about her whereabouts. JMO

There is no way Donna and Harvey were planning to ever talk to Charlie ever again once they left the country. You don’t run from the law and then give your number to your son in prison where calls are recorded. Remember he has to call them they can’t call him. I guess they could have Rashbaum 3 way them in on his private unrecorded calls. But would Rashbaum allow that? That would be violating the law and aiding and abetting fugitives. Even if Donna wasn’t charged at the time she fled, I’m sure prosecutors would’ve charged her and there would’ve been a warrant out for her arrest. As her last attorney Rashbaum would’ve been asked about her whereabouts. JMO
Remember, they told Charlie’s friend who they consulted NOT to tell Charlie about their conversation. It is my opinion that they did not want him to know they were leaving. Do they ever tell him, expressly, that they are leaving the country, on any of these calls? (I’m not talking about the hot mic, I mean when they are talking to him). I haven’t heard it. They do say they are making some financial arrangements and have a short amount of time to do so. However, it is possible that Charlie took that to mean that they were afraid more arrests would be imminent.

Say what you want about Wendi but she might actually be the only one with brain cells left I decided after listening to these phone calls.

Atleast she isn't spending 12 hours out of the day talking on a taped line when you're also considered a suspect...and clearly isn't trusting Dan with her livelihood.

Am I an *** for being happy that Charlie can't spend all damn day on the phone with his mom now. Wonder what he's doing with his time now, ha.

Also Charlie seems very annoyed with Wendi in these phone calls..maybe it's only a matter of time before he flips on her
I think he has misplaced anger towards Georgia that ought to go to Wendi. I think there’s certain things he didn’t know for years, such as the contents of her book, her podcast comments, her driving by the crime scene, her telling so many “the joke”, the Isom interview (it came out years later).
I think for along time Wendi kept all this from her brother and family.
Would Charlie have really taken Wendi out to dinner weeks after the murder to “celebrate” if he knew she already threw him under the bus?
So now all he has is time to consider that what he did for his sister, cost him his life as he once knew it.
It’s not about Georgia. Or the jury.

Re bold, that's what I was wondering about. A method where they don't disclose their location or number.

Re Dan Rashbaum advising them on fleeing US. He definitely knew - see clip - albeit at this point she hadn't been charged & wasn't a fugitive but I also wondered if Dan knew they'd bought one-way tickets too. If he did, then he's been giving more bad advice.

At 13m here

Remember, they told Charlie’s friend who they consulted NOT to tell Charlie about their conversation. It is my opinion that they did not want him to know they were leaving. Do they ever tell him, expressly, that they are leaving the country, on any of these calls? (I’m not talking about the hot mic, I mean when they are talking to him). I haven’t heard it. They do say they are making some financial arrangements and have a short amount of time to do so. However, it is possible that Charlie took that to mean that they were afraid more arrests would be imminent.
I think he's informed by Dan, which is why you didn't hear it.

As their plans progress, there are multiple references over the 3 days calls to Charlie needing to call Dan immediately. There's also a lot of heavy hinting between all.

I think he's informed by Dan, which is why you didn't hear it.

As their plans progress, there are multiple references over the 3 days calls to Charlie needing to call Dan immediately. There's also a lot of heavy hinting between all.
Good point. But does he really believe they will be able to call him? And why did they ask this friend of Charlie’s to keep it a secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton