FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Tato is gonna lose his mind when he finds out exactly what Charlie is alleging. I expect Rashbaum is gonna raise the roof tomorrow morning. It will be a contentious cross to say the least! JMO
I might have to pop some popcorn for breakfast!

I’ll find the link, but a body language expert analyzed his testimony and she said “this is what an honest witness looks and sounds like” - I’m paraphrasing. Let me find the link,

I guess the defense is going to pound the fact that LR was high up in the Latin Kings organization and will say that CA was afraid that if he went to the cops about the extortion -- even after the arrests and sentencing -- the Latin Kings would come after him for snitching on their brother/leader. Just a thought....JMO.
So gangsters not only kill people, but they kill random people and then extort other people to keep quiet about it? And then when those gangsters go to jail, other gangsters extort the people those gangsters were extorting, even though they didn’t kill the original person? Sure.

Thanks for confirming, @Mariposa -- otherwise I'd be wanting proof of when WA truly listened to the VM from Dan!
When she actually listened would be interesting! I swear she told Isom she didn’t listen until after 11 because she wasn’t paying attention to her phone. Which is weird because she also says 1) she had no landline so just her cell 2) she was making a lot of calls and sending texts that morning, and we know from phone records she talked to DA that morning and had multiple calls with CA.

One funny part of the police interview with all the TV repair bull. She says the repair guy said it could not be fixed—- and in the very next breath, she says so she talked to her brother about whether she should repair it or just get a new one. Wait you just said it couldn’t be fixed. I swear the TV thing was such a weird farce. The fact she consistently laughs about it like it was the funniest thing is weird. Dupers delight? We know the fam loved the TV code and apparently thought it was brilliant.

This may have already been discussed, but I'm wondering why DA wasn't indicted the same time as CA. It seems like it would be easier to get a conviction for both of them if they have a joint trial. It seems unlikely that LE will be able to get any more evidence on DA since their family has been suspects for years. I was hoping that some of the legal experts on here could explain why a district attorney would not pursue an indictment for DA based on the evidence obtained so far.

I guess the defense is going to pound the fact that LR was high up in the Latin Kings organization and will say that CA was afraid that if he went to the cops about the extortion -- even after the arrests and sentencing -- the Latin Kings would come after him for snitching on their brother/leader. Just a thought....JMO.
Well, Charlie seemed just terrified of gang members in this Dolce Vita tape quote!

“When the f g police show up, and there’s a doctor… there’s an oral surgeon standing there with a dead gang member in his f g driveway, they’re not gonna come down too hard on me.”

I’ll find the link, but a body language expert analyzed his testimony and she said “this is what an honest witness looks and sounds like” - I’m paraphrasing. Let me find the link,
Yes, Rivera is a rock solid witness. Going to be interesting to see how Rashbaum approaches this.

Well, Charlie seemed just terrified of gang members in this Dolce Vita tape quote!

“When the f g police show up, and there’s a doctor… there’s an oral surgeon standing there with a dead gang member in his f g driveway, they’re not gonna come down too hard on me.”
I'm not saying it's going to work...they gotta argue something. Not sure what other options they have. Plus, CA is all bluster I think. JMO.

Yes, Rivera is a rock solid witness. Going to be interesting to see how Rashbaum approaches this.
In the previous trials when defense attorneys tried to make lots of hay about the Latin Kings connection, LR had no trouble standing firm that this event had nothing to do with Latin Kings. That SG (who was never a Latin King member) was his best friend, so when SG asked him to “take a ride” he was down without question.

I can’t find the link I was looking for. I am still looking. But a body language analyst was on Vinnie Politan Friday night discussing WA, JL and LR’s body language - said LR was being honest. I think most of us have had that feeling about him; it’s just nice to hear it from an analyst who reads people for a living.

This will be me tomorrow morning:

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

This may have already been discussed, but I'm wondering why DA wasn't indicted the same time as CA. It seems like it would be easier to get a conviction for both of them if they have a joint trial. It seems unlikely that LE will be able to get any more evidence on DA since their family has been suspects for years. I was hoping that some of the legal experts on here could explain why a district attorney would not pursue an indictment for DA based on the evidence obtained so far.
It’s odd that she wasn’t, and it’s almost inexcusable that they all weren’t arrested when Katie and Sig were. We will never know what that was about. But arresting both Charlie and Donna at the same time would at least mean they would have to get different lawyers. They could’ve tried them together, like with Katie and Sig. Or not. There are advantages and disadvantages to doing that, I don’t remember right now what they are. I don’t know if it would be better to try them together. It didn’t work in Katie’s first trial.

I can’t find the link I was looking for. I am still looking. But a body language analyst was on Vinnie Politan Friday night discussing WA, JL and LR’s body language - said LR was being honest. I think most of us have had that feeling about him; it’s just nice to hear it from an analyst who reads people for a living.
I read LaCasse the same way, although it was interesting that someone on here new to the case wasn’t buying his story. He does say more and more as time goes on, he seems to be always going back and remembering new things that make Wendi look guilty. That’s odd, to me, that his memory would improve over time. This is the first time he said that he saw the broken TV. I guess the explanation is that he wasn’t asked about that before. It wasn’t as relevant to Katie’s trial. He didn’t mention it to the police either, but that’s probably because he didn’t yet know that it was her alibi for the morning of the murder. I still think he’s telling the truth, even if his interpretation of some facts may be self-serving. I don’t think she was deliberately trying to frame him, for example.

So gangsters not only kill people, but they kill random people and then extort other people to keep quiet about it? And then when those gangsters go to jail, other gangsters extort the people those gangsters were extorting, even though they didn’t kill the original person? Sure.
AND!!! You forgot that the people extorting the money — they only demand a 10th of the original million dollar bribe ($100,000) and then they split that 3 ways. GENIUS!!

AND!!! You forgot that the people extorting the money — they only demand a 10th of the original million dollar bribe ($100,000) and then they split that 3 ways. GENIUS!!
I have a feeling they’re going to say Charlie actually paid them MORE- they alluded to that in opening. Because he was so rich. And so scared. And then he ran out of money, so he had to go to Mom. But I do remember hearing Rash say “you will hear that he paid MORE.” Because sure. That’s what you do. And he also said Sig hated ChArlie. Hated him. Wanted to hurt him. So…he killed someone for him? None of it makes any sense. if they were going to extort ChArlie, why didn’t they just extort Charlie? Is the argument that they were going to make it look like he did it, and so he was afraid of being framed, so he paid them? That’s even more reason to go straight to the cops. The whole thing falls apart as soon as you take a good look at it. But, jury consultants are good at their job.

I read LaCasse the same way, although it was interesting that someone on here new to the case wasn’t buying his story. He does say more and more as time goes on, he seems to be always going back and remembering new things that make Wendi look guilty. That’s odd, to me, that his memory would improve over time. This is the first time he said that he saw the broken TV. I guess the explanation is that he wasn’t asked about that before. It wasn’t as relevant to Katie’s trial. He didn’t mention it to the police either, but that’s probably because he didn’t yet know that it was her alibi for the morning of the murder. I still think he’s telling the truth, even if his interpretation of some facts may be self-serving. I don’t think she was deliberately trying to frame him, for example.
He took a 100 pages worth of notes for crying out loud! What’s that about? This time around he came across like a try hard. Off-putting imo. I can imagine some jurors seeing him as a scorned lover who had his head and heart and other parts turned by a beautiful woman. Naive and lacking discernment. I’m also doubtful that she was really trying to frame him! JMO

He took a 100 pages worth of notes for crying out loud! What’s that about? This time around he came across like a try hard. Off-putting imo. I can imagine some jurors seeing him as a scorned lover who had his head and heart and other parts turned by a beautiful woman. Naive and lacking discernment. I’m also doubtful that she was really trying to frame him! JMO
I agree with all that, though I think he’s basically truthful in the sense he’s not lying as to any facts. He is focused mainly on Wendi and her possible guilt, (100 pages!) but that makes sense considering he had a relationship with her in which he feels he was treated badly. And he apparently does believe she was trying to frame him. Main character syndrome.

Tangentially related to this case, I had forgotten Charlie’s lawsuit against the Insurance company refusing to pay out for his “occupational disability” for his “back” issues; this was the latest Motion in that case, just 5 days ago (from the date of my comment here).

Now I’m curious if any of the extortion claims will bring up this supposed occupational injury and loss of income; for someone reportedly with so much money, fighting tooth and nail with the insurance company for years over a disability claim & still wanting them to pay…I don’t know. Makes one wonder, well did he run low on money because of all those “gifts” to Katie and the money drop to the hitmen? Is his insurance/disability lawsuit some other attempt at getting back money he could use for his attorneys, or for something else?
(I’ve attached the latest Motion filed a few days ago, they’re trying to get the Court to not take judicial notice of all the news surrounding the case, because the insurance company is claiming loss of income is more due to his negative publicity surrounding his alleged role in a murder for hire plot, and his attorneys are saying no it’s from a disability from an injury at work)

Attachments

• S.D.Fla._0_20-cv-62692-RS_197_0.pdf
    161.9 KB · Views: 15
Tangentially related to this case, I had forgotten Charlie’s lawsuit against the Insurance company refusing to pay out for his “occupational disability” for his “back” issues; this was the latest Motion in that case, just 5 days ago (from the date of my comment here).

Now I’m curious if any of the extortion claims will bring up this supposed occupational injury and loss of income; for someone reportedly with so much money, fighting tooth and nail with the insurance company for years over a disability claim & still wanting them to pay…I don’t know. Makes one wonder, well did he run low on money because of all those “gifts” to Katie and the money drop to the hitmen? Is his insurance/disability lawsuit some other attempt at getting back money he could use for his attorneys, or for something else?
(I’ve attached the latest Motion filed a few days ago, they’re trying to get the Court to not take judicial notice of all the news surrounding the case, because the insurance company is claiming loss of income is more due to his negative publicity surrounding his alleged role in a murder for hire plot, and his attorneys are saying no it’s from a disability from an injury at work)
I forgot about this too! His claimed work injury aside, and of course a hand or arm or back injury could make it very hard to work in his profession — I wonder if his livelihood was affected by the large amounts of publicity for the case — I know he worked for his dad but also for other dental practices on a contract basis. It’s been out there since 2016 that law enforcement was implicating him as the main guy in a murder for hire conspiracy. He was free for about 6 years after that, how many people wanted to be his patient or in the periodontist business with him since 2016?

It does seem in his first police interview he was very anti-DM— talked a lot about what a jerk he was. In later interviews much more negative about WA, that she was a liar, etc.

When Rashbaum brought up the unserved PCA for CA near the time KM was arrested in 2016 when examining former friend Ryan Fitzpatrick, it was news to me!

I've since read much more about the tension between police and the prosecutor at the time, and police reaching out to the feds seeking the authority of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Florida.

State Attorney Willie Meggs was in charge during this time and was quoted saying speculations of police investigators do not make a case for murder.

More details about the investigation during this period at link below.

Also found the unserved, 24 page PCA for CA dated Sept 2016 at Scribd, also linked below.

Adelson Family Will Not Be Charged Despite Circumstantial Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member