FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
to me it seems like he’s lying. So I think it’s good. He can’t explain a lot of things.
IMO she needs to do some closed questions so that he's forced to reply Yes or No instead

a second after I posted that she did try to shut him down on one question but then judge intervenes and he ends up being able to give his version regardless

ETA
anyway, Tim J just interjected that ' he's just opened the door'

Just had a thought, is it possible that GC’s sarcasm may alienate some jurors who could possibly have an anti law enforcement bias?

GC is doing a great job and I don’t think there is reasonable doubt here, but I never understood how Katie’s first trial ended in a hung jury.
Apparently one juror in that trial felt bad about sending both Sig and Katie to jail and leaving their kids alone. That’s it.

Just had a thought, is it possible that GC’s sarcasm may alienate some jurors who could possibly have an anti law enforcement bias?

GC is doing a great job and I don’t think there is reasonable doubt here, but I never understood how Katie’s first trial ended in a hung jury.
When you pit GC's sarcasm against CA's overall jerkiness -- she comes out looking much better!

Georgia is dealing with a well-rehearsed psychopathic liar. Usual cross-exam technique won't work, i.e., trying to trip him up so he stumbles. He's too good a liar. So instead, she his letting him hang himself by running on with obviously rehearsed answers. As long as the jury is smart this should work.

He thinks Nazis are crazy people. But he agreed it was ok to dress the kids up in Hitler youth uniform.

Also, I think this is a mistake. With this particular line from the tape, I think he IS talking about Sigfredo. I always thought the state got this wrong. He wasn‘t telling anyone to kill the blackmailers. He was saying the blackmailers better kill Sigfredo if he finds out who they are. I stand by this.

What exactly does "go crazy" mean to you, Dr. Adelson? Doesn't it imply some really nefarious and violent conduct?

If you are willing to pay a person to "go crazy" on someone, is it a stretch to believe you would hire someone to murder another?

It was because a juror didn’t want KM kids to be orphaned is what I understand.

STS Jansen is disappointed in the cross. I’m hoping it’s still good enough to convict.

ETA- he also says Charlie is very smart and well educated. So…
I’m new to this case. Can you provide a link to the STS video/blog/whatever where this commentary is? I’d love to follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper