FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally Tim Jansen admits Georgia didn’t do a good cross! Tim has been saying how seasoned GC is and what a killer she is! I knew she wouldn’t do a good cross after seeing her with Katie at the first trial. Compare the Leon Jacobs cross to this. Night and day. This needed to be an aggressive cross. She needed to shut him down when he meandered. She also failed to follow up on key issues. She left a lot of loose threads JMO

Jansen is saying it’s not believable that Sig and Luis went up there on their own and killed Dan. But Charlie seems to be saying that Katie was in on it, she set it up. Georgia tried to bring that out, I don’t know how successful she was. He has to say she was in on it, because she got convicted of murder for hire. I think it is also unreasonable that Katie set the murder up without any guarantee of getting paid. But it is so confusing. Georgia was exasperated trying to get him to say who exactly extorted him. It happened repeatedly.

Well, if this is a hung jury, Dugan can do the next cross. Does the state do mock exercises to see how well this plays with each one? I did think Dugan was just better. I think Georgia is better at argument, Dugan is better with witnesses. They did it in reverse, they had Dugan do the opening, and Georgia do the cross. I hope Georgia does the closing. She’s a good speaker, and the anger and sarcasm works for her. But on cross she lets too many opportunities go.

From what I've seen so far, the only person who can corroborate CA's testimony that he was being extorted is his mother - and yet DA is refusing to testify? Is that correct?
Yes. Why didn’t the state ask him why nobody was here? Is she not allowed, because of 5th amendment concerns? Couldn’t she just say “your mom is not here, is she?”

Finally Tim Jansen admits Georgia didn’t do a good cross! Tim has been saying how seasoned GC is and what a killer she is! I knew she wouldn’t do a good cross after seeing her with Katie at the first trial. Compare the Leon Jacobs cross to this. Night and day. This needed to be an aggressive cross. She needed to shut him down when he meandered. She also failed to follow up on key issues. She left a lot of loose threads JMO

He did say yesterday and the night before that she was not objecting enough.
Then last night he said he thought she'd do a good job on cross today but he's not restrained this lunchtime - even though they're all in the same town and attys reluctant to slate each other in public.
John Singer also said that Georgia would ' eviscerate' him on cross. That didn't happen imo

Agree with you though, I noticed multiple occasions where he replied with an answer which could've been impeached but by then she was already ready to ask her next question on another topic rather than listening to his reply.
To me, she started well, got under his skin, impeached him sometimes, emphasised to the jury how ridiculous his Defense is but it started to go downhill half way through. ( I started to do some chores at that point & just listened to the audio instead cause it was not a gripping 'evisceration')

Looking at him now, as they stop for a break he looks relaxed. a ' Phew!' moment of relief for him. i didn't catch Rashbaum's facial expressions

Last edited:
Ms Cappelman saying “F——we” and CA visibly laughing AND then SAYING “sorry you made me laugh” is NOT a good look

GC “that’s what I’m here for” ….I feel her pain at listening to his absurdity

Attachments

• F8FF77E4-91D7-4FA1-8150-49D78ED079E0.jpeg
    F8FF77E4-91D7-4FA1-8150-49D78ED079E0.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
I can’t listen to anymore. I’ll pop back in for Georgia’s closing and the verdict of course. It’s been a pleasure exchanging with all of you. I have lurked around here for years but never posted anything. Let’s just hope that Charlie will have to pay for what he has done.

Of course. The jet ski. He never likes going to the police. But also, in this case, he didn’t go to the police because he was being threatened. But he never likes to go to the police anyway. His stories, even his defensive explanations, are internally inconsistent. Georgia started to bring some of that out on cross, but she didn’t do it enough. The reasons he gives for things contradict the reasons he gives for the same thing, later.

Whoa. Short redirect! I think maybe Rash has lost confidence in his case and his client.

Also, he’s only coming forward now because his life is on the line? That’s not helpful, I don’t think. Is he saying he would have kept quiet had he not been arrested? Because he now knows that Katie is the murderer?

Tim Janssen says that last sentence from CA should have been objected to and then struck.
He hopes that the Judge is actually raising it

Tim says that he's heard a juror was nodding in agreement to CA's assertions

ETA TJ says he also thought that after the cross the state might decide on a rebuttal witness after all

Charging conference will happen after lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member