FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion there is a lot to suggest she may have gone rogue, particularly with these new calls. Of course, Charlie knows he’s being recorded, so he may be speaking for the listener. BUT- to me his anger and bafflement at Wendi seems genuine, without regard for the substance of what he is saying. He seems fixated on the drive-by and how bad it was for his case. The anger and fixation on it would make less sense if, hypothetically, he knew she was going to drive by and it was all part of the plan.
I don't think he's fixated on WA's drive by, I think he's making sure LE get his message. It's all done with the knowledge he's been recorded.

I think Wendi has also had her fair share of plastic surgery. If you look at old photos of her it’s quite obvious she’s had a nose job and implants.
yep, it cost a lot of $$$ to be beautiful. She has plenty. However, she has no soul, therefore, her beauty is useless. Reminds of the quote "Beauty is only skin deep"

You’re right. I think folks are probably misspeaking, though, if they were talking about the real killers. Obviously, we all know who the real killer is. I guess they’re saying CA is pretending asking who are the real extortionists. Maybe they are actually referencing the OJ case just like I did In sarcasm. It’s the sarcasm of Charlie on a quest to see that the “real“ extortionists get justice just the way OJ supposedly is on a mission to make sure that the “real“ killer gets justice. My guess.

I do think that he is listening to the lawyers to some degree. Apparently, they did tell him don’t talk about katie, don’t talk about Sigfredo, or any of them, so that’s why he is obsessively focused on everything else it seems, aside from his ADD. He keeps repeating the state‘s argument to the jury over and over about Wendi, etc. You do have to wonder how much he actually is venting his true feelings under the guise of pretending that he’s repeating the state‘s argument. I think he absolutely is pissed that she went there after the murder.

I really wonder what folks think here on that issue. I would assume that Wendi had it all worked out with her family that she would come up with this whole ruse of going to the farthest liquor store to buy stuff for the party as an excuse to be able to drive by and see what was going on at that house to report back to them. I assume they all knew she was doing that. But wouldn’t it be interesting if she went rogue and decided that she couldn’t help herself, like Charlie said GC said, and thought the liquor story & lunch would suffice as to why. Maybe CA & DA never knew she was doing that? What do folks think on that?
In my opinion, Wendy just couldn't help herself. I think it was entirely unscripted and Charlie was genuinely flabbergasted and thought that it could not be explained away and was one of the coincidences that was just too much for the jury to believe was a coincidence. I think Charlie sincerely believes it was a contributing factor to his guilty verdict.

In my opinion, Wendy just couldn't help herself. I think it was entirely unscripted and Charlie was genuinely flabbergasted and thought that it could not be explained away and was one of the coincidences that was just too much for the jury to believe was a coincidence. I think Charlie sincerely believes it was a contributing factor to his guilty verdict.
Agree. He’s fixating on it because he’s pissed that he was found guilty and is going through this and she’s out there living her life.

IMO if Wendi did not know about the hit happening and she randomly drove by Dan’s house (for whatever reason) and then saw police tape and police, she would have stopped to find out what was going on to ensure her 2 boys were safe.

Plus, I think if the police were talking to me right after my ex husband had been murdered, I would ask that the police either bring my boys to me at the police station or go to their preschool and provide protection. (She may have asked the police this and I missed it. I just got into this case this week and am trying to read and watch videos to get caught up!)

Agree. He’s fixating on it because he’s pissed that he was found guilty and is going through this and she’s out there living her life.
Exactly! Why do we care so much what he thinks now that he's never getting out? His only future relevance is if he cooperates in getting any of the rest of his family convicted.

IMO if Wendi did not know about the hit happening and she randomly drove by Dan’s house (for whatever reason) and then saw police tape and police, she would have stopped to find out what was going on to ensure her 2 boys were safe.

Plus, I think if the police were talking to me right after my ex husband had been murdered, I would ask that the police either bring my boys to me at the police station or go to their preschool and provide protection. (She may have asked the police this and I missed it. I just got into this case this week and am trying to read and watch videos to get caught up!)
Bingo! IMO it was a clumsy attempt to find out if it had been carried out by then, as was the lame excuse for picking that particular liquor store vs ones that were more convenient. Even if she's "geography-challenged", I'm pretty sure that GPS in vehicles existed in 2014.

Exactly! Why do we care so much what he thinks now that he's never getting out? His only future relevance is if he cooperates in getting any of the rest of his family convicted.
Personally, I care what he thinks, in part, because I still, for the life of me, cannot understand how he really believed (and he did) that he could sell the double extortion defense. Despite comments here to the contrary, I thought he did a very good job on the stand -- which does not change the fact that his story was contrived and wholly unbelievable. Especially that he never went to the police even after his extortionists were locked up for life. Also, it is rare to get to hear how a defendant, who is relatively articulate and intelligent, perceived his own trial.

The do tell her at some point that the boys are safe and an officer has been sent to the school, if I recall correctly.

Personally, I care what he thinks, in part, because I still, for the life of me, cannot understand how he really believed (and he did) that he could sell the double extortion defense. Despite comments here to the contrary, I thought he did a very good job on the stand -- which does not change the fact that his story was contrived and wholly unbelievable. Especially that he never went to the police even after his extortionists were locked up for life. Also, it is rare to get to hear how a defendant, who is relatively articulate and intelligent, perceived his own trial.
In my opinion, none of these people is very bright.

BBMA: And sometimes a broken TV is just a broken TV? I'll have to stick with my suspicions/intuitions because sometimes clear thinking logic just doesn't trump "a hunch." There are hundreds of species of birds in Eastern Florida...did he take pictures of any others?
Never trying to offend,so I'll move on.... but it does "ruffle my feathers!";);)
I think the owl shirt issue is a non-issue. Along with the "bulleit" bourbon, some people seem to be reading way too much into things, IMO.

Last edited:

In Wendi's police interview, the boys came up and they were still at pre-school. She mentioned being worried for their safety (because, who did this to Danny? She actually says they must hate his children, too. It's an odd thing to say when at that point it is completely unknown who did it) and the detective reassures her they are safe and police are at the school. As the interview is running with no definite end, she has to arrange for someone to pick them up, all of which is arranged while she is at the station. She will also end up going to stay with the same people at least overnight as she does not want to be alone.

You just got into this case so give it time. This is of course all my opinion, based on deep diving/reviewing information and evidence, and the expertise of others. Wendi is complicit. This was done with her knowledge, approval, if not actual instigation. She is an actress. She is also a high-functioning sociopath. She is described as very smart and because she is a lawyer, she has done well to try and ensure that the dots and evidence do not concretely connect to her. This includes digital trails and so forth. Her problems with Danny (and her not being able to move to south Florida with them) became her family's problem. It is said that their (Adelsons) favourite thing was to hate Danny and they were obsessed with that hatred. Both the initial attempt on Danny's life (June 2014) and the actual murder of Dan (July 18, 2014) coincided with Jeffrey Lacasse's (her then boyfriend) out of town trips. She was trying to at least throw suspicion on him. The first attempt was aborted for various reasons (hit men were substance abusing, Luis struggled with taking out a father of young kids, rental car company flagged their vehicle for being out of local area, i.e. they would have been clearly tracked/located and attached to the crime, had they done it then) and then they went back the second time. Lacasse knew at the beginning of that week that he and Wendi were done (watch/listen to his police interviews) after the yoga class and the parking lot parting, but he'd hoped that he'd see her one last time with the boys--that maybe she'd invite him to say good-bye--because he had grown very attached to them. It was over but weirdly she wanted to reaffirm his Friday departure plans as they were walking away from each other. But he left it open, not really confirming. He knew it was odd. Then she sent the "no contact for a week" email, meanwhile, she'd just been away for two weeks. He basically said to h3ll with it, there's no reason for him to delay his trip (he was hurt and sad but had already accepted it was over), so left on the Thursday night for Tennessee, not the Friday, late morning as originally planned.

I got into this case in the last few weeks, I didn't know anything about it and didn't realize how long it had been going on, and the various people implicated/arrested/convicted. I watched the Wendi interview and the Jeff Lacasse interviews: he's a good guy, articulate, caring and thoughtful. Totally lovestruck by her and even though he knew she was erratic and difficult in many ways, I get the sense that he thought he could bring some stability to her life, and that of the boys (on her side, anyway, as Danny was a devoted father when he had them). Jeff too was divorced and he mentions really wanting a family; he was attached to the boys and Wendi knew this (and also manipulated that attachment, he recognized later). I've watched various other interviews. (I do not have time to watch all of the trials/testimonies, but have watched some, as well as highlights.) There is credence to the testimony of Luis Rivera regarding "the lady" that Katie M. referred to was Wendi. There were burner phones (Katie M. did use one at one point) and there is the question of WhatsApp, but perhaps Wendi used it on another phone (I don't think there is evidence that anyone saw her with a second phone).

I recommend The Wondery "Over My Dead Body" podcast (it's on YouTube) there's a 6-7 part deep dive, it's really good, even includes an interview with estranged son Rob Adelson and his wife; Gigi from "Pretty Lies & Alibis" (she is actually just summarizing a lot of the case now but does an excellent job; she is also posting jail house phone calls...frankly, I do not have THAT much time lol); "Dr. G Explains" psychologist and body language expert, and "Surviving the Survivor", Joel has some great interviews/guests, and even "The Behavior Panel" (body language experts. I really like Chase Hughes and Greg Hartley). All of those are on YouTube.

Last edited:
In her police interview, the boys came up and they were still at pre-school. She mentioned being worried for their safety (because, who did this to Danny? She actually says they must hate his children, too. It's an odd thing to say when at that point it is completely unknown who did it) and the detective reassures her they are safe at school and police are there. As the interview is running with no definite end, she also has to arrange for someone to pick them up, all of which is arranged while she is at the station. She will also end up going to stay with the same people at least overnight as she does not want to be alone.

You just got into this case so give it time. This is of course all my opinion, based on deep diving and the expertise of others. Wendi is complicit. This was done with her knowledge, approval, if not actual instigation. She is an actress. She is also a high-functioning sociopath. She is described as very smart and because she is also a lawyer, she has done well to try and ensure that the dots and evidence do not concretely connect to her. This also includes digital trails and so forth. Her problems with Danny (and her not being able to move to south Florida with them) became her family's problem. It is said they (Adelsons) favourite thing was hate Danny and they were obsessed with that hatred. Both the initial attempt on Danny's life (June 2014) and the actual murder of Dan (July 18, 2014) coincided with Jeffrey Lacasse's (her then boyfriend) out of town trips. She was trying to at least throw suspicion on him. The first attempt was aborted for various reasons (hit men were substance abusing, Luis struggled with taking out a father of young kids, rental car company flagged their vehicle for being out of local area, i.e. they would have been clearly tracked/located and attached to the crime, had they done it then) and then they went back the second time. Lacasse knew at the beginning of that week that he and Wendi were done (watch/listen to his police interviews) after the yoga class and the parking lot parting, but he'd hoped that he'd see her one last time with the boys--that maybe she'd invite him to say good-bye--because he had grown very attached to them. It was over but weirdly she wanted to reaffirm his Friday departure plans as they were walking away from each other. But he left it open, not really confirming. He knew it was odd. Then she sent the "no contact for a week" email, meanwhile, she'd just been away for two weeks. He basically said to h3ll with it, there's no reason for him to delay his trip (he was hurt and sad but had already accepted it was over), so left on the Thursday night for Tennessee, not the Friday, late morning as originally planned.

I got into this case in the last few weeks, I didn't know anything about it and didn't realize how long it had been going on, and the various people implicated/arrested/convicted. I watched the Wendi interview and the Jeff Lacasse interviews: he's a good guy, articulate, caring and thoughtful. Totally lovestruck by her and even though he knew she was erratic and difficult in many ways, I get the sense that he thought he could bring some stability to her life, and that of the boys (on her side, anyway, as Danny was a devoted father when he had them). Jeff too was divorced and he mentions really wanting a family; he was attached to the boys and Wendi knew this (and also manipulated that attachment, he recognized later). I've watched various other interviews. (I do not have time to watch all of the trials/testimonies, but have watched some, as well as highlights.) I recommend The Wondery "Over My Dead Body" podcast (it's on YouTube) there's a 6-7 part deep dive, it's really good, even includes an interview with estranged son Rob Adelson and his wife; Gigi from "Pretty Lies & Alibis" (she is actually just summarizing a lot of the case now but does an excellent job; she is also posting jail house phone calls...frankly, I do not have THAT much time lol); "Dr. G Explains" psychologist and body language expert, and "Surviving the Survivor", Joel has some great interviews/guests, and even "The Behaviour Panel" (body language experts. I really like Chase Hughes and Greg Hartley).
Thank you so much for the great info! My introduction to this case began with the Behavior Panel doing a show on Wendi’s testimony during one of the trials. I immediately came to Websleuths to learn more. I’ve been a long time member of Websleuths but had not been active as I had not found a case that drew me in…until this case sucked me in!

I’ve been reading a lot and watching videos when I can. Saw Jeff’s police interview and testimony in the trial. Decided to be more methodical so I’m watching Charlie’s trial and will go from there.
I’ve read enough that I’ve concluded that Wendi is complicit! Too too many coincidences, phone calls and meandering drives by her! She’s very cunning and calculating and spoiled! Her book and podcast are unbelievable and gave me a negative glimpse into the type of person she is.

Glad to be hanging out here again and am thankful for everyone’s posts and links. Justice for Dan and his family!

Bingo! IMO it was a clumsy attempt to find out if it had been carried out by then, as was the lame excuse for picking that particular liquor store vs ones that were more convenient. Even if she's "geography-challenged", I'm pretty sure that GPS in vehicles existed in 2014.
It certainly did - My 2007 Honda Legend has excellent sat-nav / GPS.

Maybe, but under this theory, how was Luis supposed to see this shoutout? Was he supposed to know there would be a mugshot, and then try to find it?
Maybe LR or SG were not the intended recipients of her "visual?" How about the only contact was KM? (Remember GeoCap asking WA on the witness stand whether or not she had WhatsApp at that time or if she had kept in contact with KM. And I heard another one of WA's noncommittal answers, "Not that I can remember." (It reminded me of a man who was a fitness buff and he had just celebrated his birthday and someone asked, "How old are you? He replied, "I'll never see 45 again." So, everyone assumed he was now 46 years old.
But, I knew he was 54 years old!)
WA likes to keep secrets about a lot of things...except for the agenda of sharing how much "Danny hurt me."
As a woman who was close to WA stated...(paraphrasing) "I was close to her and never even knew she was writing a book."
She could have shared photos w/FB, INstaG, Twitter (now X), Photobucket, Flckr, Snapfish, Shutterfly, Drop Box, Google, Zoom, Text, Hello Cupid or other high tech process I haven't heard about yet.
Now we are hearing of WA contacting an attorney who is an expert on Kastigar (sp?). Hmm.. what part of WA's testimony would even have her concerned? Anybody got a clue? (Sometimes it is so hard to push that POST REPLY button...but here goes!)

It will be interesting to read CA's appeal
actually i doubt it will be interesting or will raise a single novel issue of law. the only issue that could be interesting is if they discover misconduct by a jury member as that might necessitate a new trial. i think any claim that the trial was unfair due to publicity will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho