FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh almost hate to ask, but I want to see who asks & expression. Was it KM's 1st trial, 2nd, or CA's? Anybody remember off hand?
I don’t really remember, but I think she’s been asked, by the state, about this photo at all 3 trials. If I recall correctly, Georgia asked her about it at Charlie’s trial. She also asked Katie about it. I believe Wendi acknowledged that it’s her and Katie in the photo, and that they went to the beach one day when she was in Miami visiting her family. I believe, if I remember correctly, she said something to the effect that this was the only time they did something together and they were not friends, that’s not an exact quote or anything and it‘s just my personal memory of what she said.

Last edited:
Okay, found part of answer. TO ME, This is the only time WA looks really nervous. (I hear a lot of "changes" in the story WA tells.) "We met ......The picture was taken on Father's Day, June 15th, 2014!!!
But I remembered JL saying he was with WA, as he accompanied her for "alternative spring break event/thing) and that is when he met KM with CA and they dined at Yardbird restaurant (outside.). That date was March 2014!!!
So the pic was not on the same day...actually almost 3 months apart.
WA also says she made arrangements for TV repair. In other testimony she says her mother did it.
This gets really good at 23:50 of this video.
This info: "The state filed documentation with the court. This included detailed information on Rivera and Garcia's first trip to Tallahassee on June 4–6, 2014, including an exhaustive review of cellular phone and GPS records placing them in the vicinity of Markel on both trips, and an expanded probable cause affidavit which included photographs and maps related to the murder."
So WA is sunbathing with KM 10 days after first failed attempt on June15, 2014. (Shaking my head, wow.) I've listened for hours and LR said SG got $5,000 dollars in expense money for the June trip....Stapled or unstapled?
AS LR so frequently states...KM knows everything! LR may be lacking academically (he used the words illiterate), but when it comes to "street knowledge" he is very saavy. LR even said he brought a "second gun" just in case SG decided to turn on him. Wow..just wow.
***Thank you in advance for not criticizing my punctuation and run on-on-on-on-on-on sentences.

Last edited:
Okay, found part of answer. TO ME, This is the only time WA looks really nervous. (I hear a lot of "changes" in the story WA tells.) "We met ......The picture was taken on Father's Day, June 15th, 2014!!!
But I remembered JL saying he was with WA, as he accompanied her for "alternative spring break event/thing) and that is when he met KM with CA and they dined at Yardbird restaurant (outside.). That date was March 2014!!!
So the pic was not on the same day...actually almost 3 months apart.
WA also says she made arrangements for TV repair. In other testimony she says her mother did it.
This gets really good at 23:50 of this video.
This info: "The state filed documentation with the court. This included detailed information on Rivera and Garcia's first trip to Tallahassee on June 4–6, 2014, including an exhaustive review of cellular phone and GPS records placing them in the vicinity of Markel on both trips, and an expanded probable cause affidavit which included photographs and maps related to the murder."
So WA is sunbathing with KM 10 days after first failed attempt on June15, 2014. (Shaking my head, wow.) I've listened for hours and LR said SG got $5,000 dollars in expense money for the June trip....Stapled or unstapled?
AS LR so frequently states...KM knows everything! LR may be lacking academically (he used the words illiterate), but when it comes to "street knowledge" he is very saavy. LR even said he brought a "second gun" just in case SG decided to turn on him. Wow..just wow.
***Thank you in advance for not criticizing my punctuation and run on-on-on-on-on-on sentences.
It is confusing to me, a little, because it seems like there was a Father’s Day visit in June and then another visit for Harvey’s birthday on July 5. During this second visit, she sent a text to Dan asking if he would be home the week of the murder, and according to records shown at trial that text was sent when her phone was pinging off a tower near her parents’ condo in South Beach. If I can recall her police interview correctly, she says she did not return from that second visit until about a week before the murder. Was the picture with Katie taken on the first or second visit?

Also, in my opinion, one of the strangest things she said in her police interview, as I remember, was when she was talking about the letter she sent to Jeff about not wanting to see or hear from him, the Monday before the murder. She had just been apart from him for two weeks while in South Florida for her dad’s birthday. But, she says she sent the letter because she needed some “time apart” to figure out what she wanted to do about the relationship.

Isom, as I recall, kind of presses her on why she would need more “time apart,“ when she had already had two weeks apart from him. She says something to the effect of how she needed to feel what it was like to be apart from him while they were in the same place, not while she was in South Florida.

In my opinion she’s scrambling to address what looks to me like an obvious inconsistency, but I also think it’s kind of amazing how smoothly and quickly she comes up with this explanation, which I believe is not true.

Also, LaCasse says in his police interview that she was constantly talking to him on the phone during that second South Florida visit and saying how much she missed him, so he says he was shocked by the “no-contact” letter. He also says that during some of those calls from South Florida she said she was cleaning out her old room.

To me, that visit for Harvey’s birthday is very significant, and the no-contact letter to Jeff might be related to whatever plans may have been made during that visit.

Last edited:
Gigi from PL & Alibis has found a new jail call.
19m long. One of 8 calls on Nov 6th.
Judging from the contents, this is one of the earlier calls ( It's before the hot mic call when Donna tells Susan that she'd been lying to Charlie re speaking to Wendi)

interesting bit - to me - at 14m 40. How CA approaches awkward subjects around Queen Bee & how Donna responds when she lies to him.

( Also, bear in mind that in the later hot mic call, Donna tells Sue that Ben had been writing to CA weekly. Ben stopping might not even be his own choice - who knows? Could be on Wendi's 'advice')

-----

PS @IQuestion . Just watching your link of old, Trial 1 Wendi. So weird to watch her performance again. So, at 27mins Georgia says 'Fathers Day weekend'. Wowsers re June 4-6th!
( Plus don't we already have, that on 7 July - Dad's 70th Birthday Party - Donna made the TV repair appointment slot? That's a question, am not 100% it was 7th, might be 8th.)

ETA: correction in Iquestion's next post - 5th July was Birthday. So Donna orders the Tv repair once they've just driven Wendi back?

Last edited:
Snipped for focus: . "If I can recall her police interview correctly, she says she did not return from that second visit until about a week before the murder. Was the picture with Katie taken on the first or second visit?" I'm going to put them in order...I think it will help me...for sure.
1) Yardbird dinner March 2014
2) Picture (on the beach) was taken on JUNE 15TH, 2014.
3) Sunbathing pic June 15, 2014 (It would make sense DM had the boys in Tally, and WA celebrated Father's Day with her father, HA in Miami.)
4) Rashbaum also said that had the Adelsons wanted Markel dead, they would have ordered the hit on July 5, 2014, when they were all at Charlie Adelson’s 70 th birthday party ..(source Tallahasse.com)
"Regarding Harvey Adelson’s 70th birthday, which took place between the first murder attempt in June and the actual murder in July, Cappleman probed Charlie why Donna wanted him to erase a text and why there had to be any secrecy over such a thing."
5) July 6, 2014 Text from WA to DA asking about his schedule for the week of the murder. )Records show she was at/near parents home in South Florida)
Dugan asked Corbitt about a text from Wendi Adelson to Markel on July 6, less than two weeks before the murder and about a month after an aborted trip by Garcia and Rivera to kill Markel.
Corbitt read the text aloud: “Are you in Tallahassee July 14th through the 18th? I just wanted to know if I can have the kiddos on the 16th. Thanks.”
(it is towards the end of this long article. Hope this helps....it certainly helped me to write it in chronological,occurence order)
phew...lots of work finding all the dates and links to prove dates...but hey, Y'all are worth it!!!:):):)

Last edited:
Gigi from PL & Alibis has found a new jail call.
19m long. One of 8 calls on Nov 6th.
Judging from the contents, this is one of the earlier calls ( It's before the hot mic call when Donna tells Susan that she'd been lying to Charlie re speaking to Wendi)

interesting bit - to me - at 14m 40. How CA approaches awkward subjects around Queen Bee & how Donna responds when she lies to him.

( Also, bear in mind that in the later hot mic call, Donna tells Sue that Ben had been writing to CA weekly. Ben stopping might not even be his own choice - who knows? Could be on Wendi's 'advice')

-----

PS @IQuestion . Just watching your link of old, Trial 1 Wendi. So weird to watch her performance again. So, at 27mins Georgia says 'Fathers Day weekend'. Wowsers re June 4-6th!
( Plus don't we already have, that on 7 July - Dad's 70th Birthday Party - Donna made the TV repair appointment slot? That's a question, am not 100% it was 7th, might be 8th.)
No closed caption? She usually has that

Tuto does not mean owl or death.

I am positive that the party did actually exist + the invite did actually exist. That isn't contested by the state, afaik.
The scientific name is derived from the Greek word "tuto", meaning owl or, more specifically, night-owl & the latin word for "white", so literally means "white night owl". The Barn Owl is amongst the most widely distributed of the land birds.

It is confusing to me, a little, because it seems like there was a Father’s Day visit in June and then another visit for Harvey’s birthday on July 5. During this second visit, she sent a text to Dan asking if he would be home the week of the murder, and according to records shown at trial that text was sent when her phone was pinging off a tower near her parents’ condo in South Beach. If I can recall her police interview correctly, she says she did not return from that second visit until about a week before the murder. Was the picture with Katie taken on the first or second visit?

Also, in my opinion, one of the strangest things she said in her police interview, as I remember, was when she was talking about the letter she sent to Jeff about not wanting to see or hear from him, the Monday before the murder. She had just been apart from him for two weeks while in South Florida for her dad’s birthday. But, she says she sent the letter because she needed some “time apart” to figure out what she wanted to do about the relationship.

Isom, as I recall, kind of presses her on why she would need more “time apart,“ when she had already had two weeks apart from him. She says something to the effect of how she needed to feel what it was like to be apart from him while they were in the same place, not while she was in South Florida.

In my opinion she’s scrambling to address what looks to me like an obvious inconsistency, but I also think it’s kind of amazing how smoothly and quickly she comes up with this explanation, which I believe is not true.

Also, LaCasse says in his police interview that she was constantly talking to him on the phone during that second South Florida visit and saying how much she missed him, so he says he was shocked by the “no-contact” letter. He also says that during some of those calls from South Florida she said she was cleaning out her old room.

To me, that visit for Harvey’s birthday is very significant, and the no-contact letter to Jeff might be related to whatever plans may have been made during that visit.
Ibelieve the June trip was June 13 to June 29.when Wendi came home she met Amy. Then she returned for her dads Bday in July.

I think possibly that Instagram might have been able to reveal/track the location, or possibly KM believed it would be traceable.
What does tuto mean in Greek?

Owlish words, meanings & origins - The Owl Pages

The name is derived from the Greek word "tuto", which means "owl".

I also think Harvey went with Wendi when she met Amy. Don’t hold me to it but I think they drove back with Wendi.
I think I remember she did say something about that, maybe in her police interview. Or she may have even said that Harvey and Donna went without her at some point to exchange the kids.

ETa- Dan was going to fly to NY to see Amy the day after the murder.

The scientific name is derived from the Greek word "tuto", meaning owl or, more specifically, night-owl & the latin word for "white", so literally means "white night owl". The Barn Owl is amongst the most widely distributed of the land birds.
There's only one Tyto species in the whole of the Americas & Wendi speaks Spanish, not ancient Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx