FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep coming back to the way WA appears to me to be living very modestly, no separate bedrooms for the boys, no private school. Could it be that her lawyers have advised her not to take money from the parents? Or that she has distanced herself in this manner? It is strange, as the records we have seen appear to me to reflect that the Adelsons were capable of making 12 cash payments of 50k for their Vietnam villa. 50k is year if private school where I come from. There’s one entry in Donna’s calendar that says to buy one of the boys a mouth guard, but that’s all I’ve seen with respect to paying for anything for them. (W can’t afford a mouth guard?). And Donna does note all kinds of payments for Charlie, his commissary, his house, child support to Bri, and a Schwab fund for Roman. Could W have been advised not to take money from them? She has a different lawyer, and her text to her mother references the fact that her mother didn’t always agree with his advice.
They collect loads of cash every month on their rental properties. No one would know how they are paying Lauro. But the state probably needs records of how the attorneys are paid?

I keep coming back to the way WA appears to me to be living very modestly, no separate bedrooms for the boys, no private school. Could it be that her lawyers have advised her not to take money from the parents? Or that she has distanced herself in this manner?

I can't think of a better word really, but with WA I think a large part of her living a seemingly frugal life is lack of class. I sound snobby now and maybe she's just not materialistic, but the photos of her apartment showed someone that did not care for nice things. Bizarre, oddly placed pictures and maps of the world on the wall, old dated furniture. Nothing wrong with that, it's just more of an interesting insight into her persona.

I can't think of a better word really, but with WA I think a large part of her living a seemingly frugal life is lack of class. I sound snobby now and maybe she's just not materialistic, but the photos of her apartment showed someone that did not care for nice things. Bizarre, oddly placed pictures and maps of the world on the wall, old dated furniture. Nothing wrong with that, it's just more of an interesting insight into her persona.
True. But Donna just seems so controlling to me. Donna is not like that, Donna has high-end tastes, in my opinion. It’s strange to me that she did not pay for a different lifestyle for her daughter. Especially given the one she described in her emails regarding the relocation motion. There’s definitely an interesting relationship between mother and daughter - the daughter seems to have depended on the mother for babysitting, etc., before and especially after the murder. But, the mother does not appear to have been able to influence the daughter’s choices after the murder as much as she would have liked to. Yet, the daughter appears to have accepted the babysitting. Would that not come with a price, if not financial, than with a lot of manipulation? It fascinates me. Donna seems like a very controlling mother, and she seems to have been able to control W up to a point (pressuring her during the divorce, even helping to choose Dan for her, planning the wedding and not making it Kosher, getting Charlie to persuade her not to buy a house). But after the murder, the relationship to me seems to have changed, and W got more power, (she didn’t want to do what they wanted with respect to Dave, apparently, and didn’t) but also she was more dependent on them, it seems to me. To me it sounds like they were raising those boys. Per the new discovery, Family dinners continued weekly. Does any of this make sense? Who is controlling who, and who THINKS she is controlling who?

Last edited:
What comes up now if you do a search is an inactive listing, and it’s for a sale not rent. There are photos. To me, it looks like it’s an old listing from before, when the unit may have been listed for sale. But, still, it looks like it’s W living there - some of the same furniture is there, same maps, same couch, same “sunshine” posters above the bed. But- it looks MUCH better to me, and there is more furniture and decor. I think maybe the move had already started when the most recent rental listing was put up.

Last edited:
What comes up now if you do a search is an inactive listing, and it’s for a sale not rent. To me, it looks like it’s an old listing from before, when the unit may have been listed for sale. But, still, it looks like it’s W living there - some of the same furniture is there, same “sunshine” things above the bed, but it looks much better and there is more decor. I think maybe the move had already started when the most recent rental listing was put up.
Theres old listings and new.
A way to tell the difference is by Wendi’s duvet cover. Old listing are circles, new is solid
Also the family room. New listing has a desk with 2 mismatched chairs. Old has a bookshelf with lots of kids books I’d assume.
Lots of cheap florist type vases on the top of kitchen cabinets. (Probably flowers from admirers)-old listing.

The listing for sale 600K (and change), she ended up buying it from owner.

Theres old listings and new.
A way to tell he difference is by Wendi’s duvet cover. Old listing are circles, new is solid
Also the family room. New listing has a desk with 2 mismatched chairs. Old has a bookshelf with lots of kids books I’d assume.
Yep, I noticed that as well. That’s why I think the move had already begun when the more recent listing went up, and that’s why the apartment looks so sparse. She seems to have a track record, in my opinion, of moving out of places quickly and secretly.

Yep, I noticed that as well. That’s why I think the move had already begun when the more recent listing went up, and that’s why the apartment looks so sparse. She seems to have a track record, in my opinion, of moving out of places quickly and secretly.
Right. But as the kids grew, she put the bookshelf in her bedroom and got the boys a 2 seater desk.
You can find the original owners decor (the one before W) on the internet.
It was actually a nicely decorated place. A crib in the boys room. Looked staged.

True. But Donna just seems so controlling to me. Donna is not like that, Donna has high-end tastes, in my opinion. It’s strange to me that she did not pay for a different lifestyle for her daughter. Especially given the one she described in her emails regarding the relocation motion. There’s definitely an interesting relationship between mother and daughter - the daughter seems to have depended on the mother for babysitting, etc., before and especially after the murder. But, the mother does not appear to have been able to influence the daughter’s choices after the murder as much as she would have liked to. Yet, the daughter appears to have accepted the babysitting. Would that not come with a price, if not financial, than with a lot of manipulation? It fascinates me. Donna seems like a very controlling mother, and she seems to have been able to control W up to a point (pressuring her during the divorce, even helping to choose Dan for her, planning the wedding and not making it Kosher, getting Charlie to persuade her not to buy a house). But after the murder, the relationship to me seems to have changed, and W got more power, (she didn’t want to do what they wanted with respect to Dave, apparently, and didn’t) but also she was more dependent on them, it seems to me. To me it sounds like they were raising those boys. Per the new discovery, Family dinners continued weekly. Does any of this make sense? Who is controlling who, and who THINKS she is controlling who?
The family home imo was outdated 1980’s when they sold it.
Just because people have money, doesn’t mean they have taste.
Charlies home was also outdated and lacked taste in decor.

I keep coming back to the way WA appears to me to be living very modestly, no separate bedrooms for the boys, no private school. Could it be that her lawyers have advised her not to take money from the parents? Or that she has distanced herself in this manner? It is strange, as the records we have seen appear to me to reflect that the Adelsons were capable of making 12 cash payments of 50k for their Vietnam villa. 50k is year if private school where I come from. There’s one entry in Donna’s calendar that says to buy one of the boys a mouth guard, but that’s all I’ve seen with respect to paying for anything for them. (W can’t afford a mouth guard?). And Donna does note all kinds of payments for Charlie, his commissary, his house, child support to Bri, and a Schwab fund for Roman. Could W have been advised not to take money from them? She has a different lawyer, and her text to her mother references the fact that her mother didn’t always agree with his advice.
Makes more sense to me than the other interpretation of her having no other option, but then I'm biased!

Any good lawyer would surely warn their client about the optics & WA is also a lawyer herself & is good at planning ahead

Imagine....
It's 2016 and 20-20 just aired a show ' Inlaws and outlaws' and SG, LR & Charlie's girlfriend is arrested.
Many of your old associates are whispering, they believe your parents had something to do with this, paid for it, for you.
For the next six years, the publicity gets worse as the trials are held
Many of your family friends and total strangers think you were involved in a joint conspiracy with your millionaire family to eliminate the father, to get your down to live the high life in Miami.
The risk grows that you may be prosecuted and have to lay all of your life out in public

Georgia: ' so Wendi, your brother was being prosecuted for a murder conspiracy along with your mother, you say you had nothing to do with it and yet you're comfortable taking financial support from your mother? )

The optics might be better if you don't move to a fancier place & don't take their $ handouts. ( Some nasty people are already whispering behind your back that that you're benefitting from those soc security checks )

I also think she's less flashy than her brother & parents ( the minivan, prefers to spend her $ on travel) but both things can be true.

Last edited:
Makes more sense to me than the other interpretation of her having no other option, but then I'm biased!

Any good lawyer would surely warn their client about the optics & WA is also a lawyer herself & is good at planning ahead

Imagine....
It's 2016 and 20-20 just aired a show ' Inlaws and outlaws' and SG, LR & Charlie's girlfriend is arrested.
Many of your old associates are whispering, they believe your parents had something to do with this, paid for it, for you.
For the next six years, the publicity gets worse as the trials are held
Many of your family friends and total strangers think you were involved in a joint conspiracy with your millionaire family to eliminate the father, to get your down to live the high life in Miami.
The risk grows that you may be prosecuted and have to lay all of your life out in public

Georgia: ' so Wendi, your brother was being prosecuted for a murder conspiracy along with your mother, you say you had nothing to do with it and yet you're comfortable taking financial support from your mother? )

The optics might be better if you don't move to a fancier place & don't take their $ handouts. ( Some nasty people are already whispering behind your back that that you're benefitting from those soc security checks )

I also think she's less flashy than her brother & parents ( the minivan, prefers to spend her $ on travel) but both things can be true.
Bingo! I think this is right on.

why is Rash/Morris asking for Sunpass records when Rashbaum said, eight months ago at trial, that 2014 Sunpass records were no longer available in 2023?

I don't think I'm mis-remembering what he said
View attachment 521900
Maybe to prove when Donna and Harvey drove up to Orlando/Tallahassee the night of the money drop?
To disprove the states timeline of events that night (of the hit)?

They had the sun pass records for L and S, maybe they have always had them for D and H?

I actually think JL was wrong, everything else he said was right. A kid throwing a game controller at a screen would break it. I think from memory it was broken back in March.
I don’t recall him saying anything about a game controller. I thought he stated (using his hands as a visual) that someone punched the TV. Do I have to now watch his testimony for the 6th time? Lol

Most recent STS show. Screenshots from the planner. Most of them were already covered by mentour lawyer... but not all of them, example in this post ( plastic surgery plans)

This recent episode was pretty good imo, no rehashing. A good panel ( A psych, a criminologist & Katiecoollady. So a mix of people who know the case really well & some experts with insights into why DA might produce this kind of diary. )

Only downside is they don't always supply the diary dates so context can be trickier.
Link to the show, source for these screenshots
Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 14.35.21.png

Last edited:
Maybe to prove when Donna and Harvey drove up to Orlando/Tallahassee the night of the money drop?
To disprove the states timeline of events that night (of the hit)?

They had the sun pass records for L and S, maybe they have always had them for D and H?
Yes, I think that the issue of when or if Donna was outside Charlie’s house and when they got on the turnpike to go to Orlando will be an issue at trial. Sunpass records would show exactly when the car got on the turnpike. That could be compared with the time of Donna’s text to Charlie saying she was outside his house (they argued that this meant she was on the turnpike, as I recall, and it actually outside his house, so these records would be relevant to that ), and with cell tower records from when they reached Orlando.

Last edited:
STS, same show source as previous link.

This one is harder to interpret ( a mix of forward planning combined with updated notes. maybe Donna's notes referring to Vietnam Villa span three dates, if you catch my drift? What do you think? pre conviction, post conviction and then later after second thoughts?)

First entry is quite sad. If he gets off & this is over, she'll get her health checked out ( mammogram etc) I'm not going soft, I'm just being human
Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 14.20.35.png

Last edited:
STS, same show source as previous link given above, on this WS page

This is her diamond ring ( Not the Markel Holocaust ring)
Hasselbrock is one of Charlie's lawyers for another legal matter ( he had so many ongoing cases that I've forgotten which case Hasselbrock was dealing with)
Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 14.12.50.pngScreenshot 2024-08-01 at 14.09.22.png

STS, same show source as previous link given above, on this WS pageScreenshot 2024-08-01 at 14.04.27.png

The 11am - 1pm meeting is with rashbaum ( she's itemised discussing Rashbaum's budget. Lol)
Mike Ferrari is the guy who dealt with Charlies boat.
Implants - selling off dental stock
Koh Samui xxxxx ( where CA was planning to visit as soon as he got his Not Guilty verdict)
Shapiro was one of their/his accountants

STS, same show source as previous link given above, on this WS page.
The last screenshot from the episode

An overview to give you an idea of how the planner pages look.

AFAIK they are doing another show about her planner soon. Tomorrow?Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 13.44.21.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back