FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there may be more to this than presently known. It interests me tho that MA states a gun was waved at him and he felt threatened due to prior incidents. If he was just going after GZ and that was just an excuse how could he be so clear cut sure GZ was carrying his gun at that moment. Somewhat supports for me that MA may have had a gun waved at him. For now until more facts come forth. IMO

But it's pretty well known that Zimmerman drives with his gun in his car. This guy would know that since he had previous run ins with Zimmerman.

Someone had mentioned it may be a good idea if GZ begins to carry a body camera with him.

I think this is a great suggestion. Its sad to have to inconvenience himself but I think his own lawyer said he gets taunted all the time. So if that is the case then by him having his own camera to video any incidents like this, he could then prove if he was being harrassed or shot at.

Frankly I think it would be a better idea for Zimmerman to get some mental health counseling, put away his guns, stop giving interviews and concentrate on becoming an employed and law-abiding citizen out of the public eye.

Terrell Forney ‏@TVTerrell 54s54 seconds ago

Police: Search warrant on Matthew Apperson's car yields 2 firearms, including a 357 revolver-- believed to be gun aimed at #GeorgeZimmerman

Nothing beyond he-said-he-said at this moment. However, we know a bit about GZ and guns (he believes in carrying, and further believes that he is personally required to carry for his own protection based on a heightened perception of danger from people who believe he murdered Trayvon Martin). We also have the previous Apperson accusation (non-disputed, as I recall) that GZ had previously threatened him with harm and perhaps stalked him. I also read yesterday (albeit not from a highly reputable source), that Apperson is an NRA member.

So--we have two armed males with a beef of some sort, and a history of threats. Not only does this begin to look like a recipe for disaster, but also fodder for beginning to question the base notion that the safety of citizens and society in general is somehow enhanced if guns are made freely available to "the good people."

Non-disputed by whom? Apperson was the one making pervious allegations. Doesn't appear that there were any witnesses.
Zimmerman claimed he was there for a doctors appointment and not for going after Apperson.

Are there any maps on where this happened? Unless they were on a very winding road or MA had magical zig-zag bullets, the bullet would have gone through the rear window. A bullet hole to GZ driver's side window would imply that GZ was driving towards MA with their driver's side windows across from each other.

From what it sounds like their stories may not contradict one another except on the gun-waiving part:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/12/us/florida-george-zimmerman-shooting/
As I understand it GZ says he was followed by someone flashing lights and honking his horn and he went into a U-turn and was followed and it was in the process of the U-turn that he was shot at, which could conceivably explain GZ saying he was trying to get away while being in a position that put his driver's side across from MA's driver's side. While MA on the other hand basically says he was legally justified in what he did. It's possible that MA was acting like Audie Murphy's character from No Name On A Bullet, but I'd really want to know about GZ's alleged doctor's appointment as well as see the exact area this is with the U-turn and it's relationship to where GZ had the alleged appointment and where MA worked.

I agree. Its important to find out if it was true that GZ was in the area for a doctor appointment or not. That will be important to help understand why he was even there.

For the shooting part, it would help if we had a diagram of the position of the vehicles when the shot(s) were fired. I am confused how the 2 cars were positioned when the shots rang out.

I am also confused about the U-turn. Couldnt he have kept driving in the same direction and just leave or was it a dead end type street.

Frankly I think it would be a better idea for Zimmerman to get some mental health counseling, put away his guns, stop giving interviews and concentrate on becoming an employed and law-abiding citizen out of the public eye.

Who do you think is going to hire him?

305 Waymont was the address from the issue last year. Docs offices are there and other types. If GZ was TRYING to see his Doc and Apperson works near there that must be where the incident started ?? JMO

305 Waymont was the address from the issue last year. Docs offices are there and other types. If GZ was TRYING to see his Doc and Apperson works near there that must be where the incident started ?? JMO

Good point. Its probably pretty close to there. Since they both recognize each others vehicles by now, it may not be right at that exact spot though.

Its probably safe to assume it is close to there.

Ferguson PD?

Do you think there's safety for him in a black community? I don't know anyone that would feel safe in that environment. I'm impressed that he made it out of Florida, well done!

Terrell Forney ‏@TVTerrell 54s54 seconds ago

Police: Search warrant on Matthew Apperson's car yields 2 firearms, including a 357 revolver-- believed to be gun aimed at #GeorgeZimmerman

One gun just isn't enough anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member