FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts, Zimmerman wasn't completely innocent here. If this truly was a "road rage" incident as is being reported, he is at least responsible for escalating the situation, rather than de-escalating it. If he truly was the target of a "crazed stalker", he should have notified the authorities immediately, before getting shot at.

Wow, blame the victim much?

I don't know who the victim is in this incident, and neither do you.

But "if this truly was a road rage incident as being reported," which is the hypothetical "if" that your statement is based on, GZ was the victim.

Yes. That true. But what are you trying to say? She is extremely hated. Probably the most hated person in the nation. Yet she doesn't get into these types of altercations. I think the fact that he does points to his mindset.
From what he claims, he was just driving and the guy shot at him.
If that's true, how does that point to his mindset?

Apperson is one of the few people on the planet who does not carry a cell phone.

You have a launching pad of about 1 billion people who don't have access to a cell phone. And that doesn't include people like me who spend more time 'looking for my cell phone' than 'carrying my cell phone'.

You have a launching pad of about 1 billion people who don't have access to a cell phone. And that doesn't include people like me who spend more time 'looking for my cell phone' than 'carrying my cell phone'.

I think him having or not having a cell phone has no relevance in the case.
He is not accused of throwing his cell phone at Zimmerman, but of shooting at Zimmerman.

Yes. That true. But what are you trying to say? She is extremely hated. Probably the most hated person in the nation. Yet she doesn't get into these types of altercations. I think the fact that he does points to his mindset.

That is true. However it is also very possible he has become a target by those who want to be the one to bring him down because they didn't like the verdict in the criminal trial or may have other biases against him for one reason or the other.

Unfortunately there are many kooky people in society nowadays who can be quite dangerous.

I have just begun to read about this shooting but GZ did not return fire did he? If not, it seems the dangerous one on the road is the man who fired his weapon at Zimmerman.

IMO

#Georgezimmerman attorney says GZ tried making a u-turn to avoid shooter but his window got hit.#fox35 @MyFoxOrlando

Valerie Boey @vboey · 2h 2 hours ago
Police say #Gerogezimmerman never fired his gun, he was the one shot at. #FOX35 @MyFoxOrlando

Valerie Boey @vboey · 4h 4 hours ago
#GeorgeZimmerman attn says police wouldn't allow him into ambulance until he gave them gun.#FOX35 @MyFoxOrlando

Thanks for these updates, my computer is terrible last few days when I try to follow links. One question I wanted answered is if GZ actually did have a gun with him. From the above it appears GZ did indeed have his gun. With that information I'll put a little more weight on the statement GZ waved his gun. IMO, it's looking like two hot head not wanting to be intimidated by the other.

I think him having or not having a cell phone has no relevance in the case.

Me too.

SStarr's comment did make me intrigued as to how many people still don't have phones though. More people don't have working toilets than don't have cell phones - if you find that more interesting.

I'm not suggesting Zimmerman doesn't have a working toilet, to be clear.

Or even Apperson.

Thanks for these updates, my computer is terrible last few days when I try to follow links. One question I wanted answered is if GZ actually did have a gun with him. From the above it appears GZ did indeed have his gun. With that information I'll put a little more weight on the statement GZ waved his gun. IMO, it's looking like two hot head not wanting to be intimidated by the other.

I think everybody knows that Zimmerman drives with his gun in the car.

That is true. However it is also very possible he has become a target by those who want to be the one to bring him down because they didn't like the verdict in the criminal trial or may have other biases against him for one reason or the other.

Unfortunately there are many kooky people in society nowadays who can be quite dangerous.

I have just begun to read about this shooting but GZ did not return fire did he? If not, it seems the dangerous one on the road is the man who fired his weapon at Zimmerman.

IMO

Police confirmed Zimmerman didn't shot at anyone, he was shot at.

Glad to hear that he has moved out of florida. If I were George, I would be scared for my family that still lives there. jmo

IMO

My thoughts exactly.

Wow, blame the victim much?

I don't know who the victim is in this incident, and neither do you.

But "if this truly was a road rage incident as being reported," which is the hypothetical "if" that your statement is based on, GZ was the victim.

This is incredibly unfair and if you had read my previous statement, you would understand my position. I am most certainly NOT blaming the victim because in this case, we don't know who the "victim" is.

Repeating...

Since there seem to be some here who are leaning on the side of George Zimmerman, I will say this.

1. I am not defending Apperson. Shooting at anyone (unless unavoidable self-defense) is generally wrong IMO.

2. One's character is important in determining guilt or innocence and even involvement. That said, Zimmerman doesn't appear to have the best character as evidenced by the following:

http://news.yahoo.com/police-george-...182541173.html
"Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law, including:

— He was charged with aggravated assault after being accused of throwing a wine bottle at an ex-girlfriend, Brittany Brunelle. The case was dropped in January after she recanted her story and refused to cooperate.

— Following another domestic confrontation, he was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after his then-girlfriend said he pointed a gun at her face during an argument, smashed her coffee table and pushed her out of the house they shared. Samantha Scheibe decided not to cooperate with detectives, and prosecutors didn't pursue the case.

— Zimmerman was accused by his estranged wife of smashing an iPad during an argument at the home they had shared. Shellie Zimmerman initially told a dispatcher her husband had a gun, though she later said he was unarmed. No charges were filed because of a lack of evidence. The dispute occurred days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers."

Based on those two things, they probably both have some culpability.

Based on those two things, they probably both have some culpability.

I don't understand how it's possible to decide who has culpability, when virtually no facts are known.

We know that Apperson shot at Zimmerman. (I don't think this is in question.)

We don't know who started it. We don't know how it started. We don't know what happened between the time it started and when it ended. We don't know if GZ had a gun. We don't know the details of whatever has happened in the past between Apperson and Zimmerman.

We've got some rumors from some alleged witnesses, and some rumors from a neighbor of Apperson.

Are there are any facts that we know -- any at all -- besides the fact that Apperson shot at Zimmerman?

I don't understand how it's possible to decide who has culpability, when virtually no facts are known.

We know that Apperson shot at Zimmerman. (I don't think this is in question.)

We don't know who started it. We don't know how it started. We don't know what happened between the time it started and when it ended. We don't know if GZ had a gun. We don't know the details of whatever has happened in the past between Apperson and Zimmerman.

We've got some rumors from some alleged witnesses, and some rumors from a neighbor of Apperson.

Are there are any facts that we know -- any at all -- besides the fact that Apperson shot at Zimmerman?

Am I not allowed to give my opinion??? Because that's all it is, my opinion. If you will notice, I said "probably". Nothing is definite here.

Am I not allowed to give my opinion??? Because that's all it is, my opinion. If you will notice, I said "probably". Nothing is definite here.

Oh, sure, of course. Everyone gets to have an opinion. People post their opinion and other people comment on it and give their opinion.

You gave your opinion that they both probably have some culpability. In return, I gave my opinion that I don't understand how it's possible to decide who has culpability when so little is known at this point.

It's also my opinion that if someone is the target of a crazed stalker, I blame the stalker, not the target.

Oh, sure, of course. Everyone gets to have an opinion. People post their opinion and other people comment on it and give their opinion.

You gave your opinion that they both probably have some culpability. In return, I gave my opinion that I don't understand how it's possible to decide who has culpability when so little is known at this point.

It's also my opinion that if someone is the target of a crazed stalker, I blame the stalker, not the target.

I respect your opinion, and if it is determined that this is what happened, I will 100% agree with you. But I will say, based on the fact that Zimmerman had a gun in his car, I don't think that will be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08