FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow wow wow...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/10/facebook-chats-released-in-florida-cyberbullying-suicide-case/

Facebook chats released in Florida cyberbullying suicide case
Posted by Mandy Nagy
Friday, October 25, 2013 at 8:43pm

Snipped:

Snipped:

Snipped:

Whoa!!! That makes it sound as if the 14 yo murdered Rebecca doesn't it? No wonder she was arrested. Jeez, that 14 yo sounds soulless. No feelings at all. Even in her mugshot she looks devoid of emotion. Skeery.

In a way I agree with Baez...but I also side with Judd. I'm not certain that in this case the girls should be treated equal to the way they treated Becca. I'd hate to see one of these teens commit suicide bc they can't stand not being able to fix this. My wish is that at least one of them, or even possibly both, turn their lives around, apologize to everyone that's been bullied, share their experience to help others learn the consequences before they're faced with the same issues, and to make a positive impact on change regarding bullying. Maybe something that could be done to curb bullying would be to figure out how and why a person chooses to bully another person. Find out if its something they've learned at home. Look into how these bullies view themselves. Do they love theirself? Or do they hate theirself? Help to repair them while at the same time help the victim. Idk, just thinking I guess.

I suffered some serious abuse as a kid, some of it was from home, some was from schoolmates. There were two bullies that were against me in school. Both grew up to tell me they had no idea it was that bad, yada yada. One of the girls spit on me whenever she saw me...all bc her best friend had a crush on a guy that asked me to Homecoming our 9th grade year. I had no idea this girl even liked this kid lol! So for 4 years I was spit on. Her dad was chief of police. I ran away constantly bc of my home life, which of course made my bullies speculate & bully me more. I had no recourse. I can't count the number of times I wished I'd just stop breathing when I was a teen. Anyway, years ago my ex-bully req me as a friend on FB. I pm'd her back and asked her why, is she serious right now lol, etc. She was confused, thought it was stupid stuff when we were kids. I actually talk to her now and she's very nice. Turns out she didn't have the best childhood and she did to others how she was treated at home, she learned by what she saw in her home life. My situation was different, my dad was horrible & I always knew I didn't want to be like him, so I wasn't. Her situation was different. It's how she was taught. She grew up. She apologized sincerely. She was completely stunned to learn that it had such a profound impact on me, especially so many years later, and she was ashamed. Now this woman would give the shirt off her back to anybody that needed it. Through her life as an adult she learned humiliation. With humiliation comes compassion. She's an amazing woman now, this same woman that was a bully to me as a kid, and I'm proud to know her.

All I'm suggesting is that maybe an eye for an eye isn't warranted in this particular case. That may sound crazy, I know, but I also believe there's a chance these girls feel bad, could learn from this, and could be part of a bigger change...a bigger positive change.

When I saw the video of Lupe's mom...whoa, first thing I thought to myself was 'no wonder'. The poor girl learned how to be like this from her very own family. That's not to say she gets a free pass, no way. So I'm wondering if part of her/their punishment could be to speak to classes about this, about bullying in general - from the perspective of the bully - to tell how they became the way they did, how they feel now, talk about how they can make a difference while knowing they can't 'fix' everything all better and how they now have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

OMG I'm so sorry you had to go through that! That is just horrible, horrible, Jerseygirl. I seem to hear a recurring theme in a lot of these bullying stories, a boy! So now that we are all older and know better, we can all agree that boys are doodie heads, right ladies? Haha just kidding boys, we love ya! Actually, the boy that is at the center of this tragedy seems to be a really nice boy from what I've read. He claims he didn't know that Becca was cyber-bullied and he would have said something if he knew. He wants to become active in anti-bullying events. I hope this is true.

When I was in elementary school there was a girl who lived on my street that was bullied. Kids were just so mean to her. Susan. She was overweight, wore glasses, had a speech impediment, the perfect storm for a bunch of bullies. I thought she was the coolest thing, she loved lizards and bugs and animals just like I did, and she was so nice! I think I was her only friend. One time I ran over a boy on my street with my bike that was being mean to her lol. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything but whenever I hear a bullying story I always think about poor Susan.

Whoa!!! That makes it sound as if the 14 yo murdered Rebecca doesn't it? No wonder she was arrested. Jeez, that 14 yo sounds soulless. No feelings at all. Even in her mugshot she looks devoid of emotion. Skeery.

Guadalupe Shaw sounds like a budding psychopath. Think Eric Harris, Joran van der Sloot, or Jerry Sandusky in their youths.

Guadalupe Shaw sounds like a budding psychopath. Think Eric Harris, Joran van der Sloot, or Jerry Sandusky in their youths.

That's exactly what I thought! I didn't want to seem overly dramatic but "serial killer in the making" crossed my mind.

In a way I agree with Baez...but I also side with Judd. I'm not certain that in this case the girls should be treated equal to the way they treated Becca. I'd hate to see one of these teens commit suicide bc they can't stand not being able to fix this.

I am concerned about the younger girl, KR. She may have gone along because she was fearful & bullied by the older. There can be a great difference in size and maturity between a 14 yo and a 12 yo girl.

sooooooooooooo.............

Are we sure Rebecca killed herself?

Yeah GS sounds like a real piece of work.

Remember JB also called CMA a "remarkable" young woman. He seems to have a limited vocabulary.

sooooooooooooo.............

Are we sure Rebecca killed herself?

Yeah GS sounds like a real piece of work.

I read the chat logs (they were upside down on my phone)

I'm wondering the same thing!

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

I read the chat logs (they were upside down on my phone)

I'm wondering the same thing!

You and me both. This is weird. In one log, Lupe is all remorseful bla bla bla. In chat #3, she's talking about murder? wth is going on?

I Can’t believe what Jose Baez said about the bullier. “she is as much a victim as …..” . Jose, your former murdering client said that in jail, remember? The mother of a dead child actually said “I’m as much a victim as she is”. Now Jose repeats it about his new client. He really has a thing for young girls and TV cameras. I don’t think I can take this again.

edited to add: the chats make it sound more like murder than a suicide.

I Can’t believe what Jose Baez said about the bullier. “she is as much a victim as …..” . Jose, your former murdering client said that in jail, remember? The mother of a dead child actually said “I’m as much a victim as she is”. Now Jose repeats it about his new client. He really has a thing for young girls and TV cameras. I don’t think I can take this again.

edited to add: the chats make it sound more like murder than a suicide.

Excellent post coco puff :bravo:

I can't even imagine what "Mr." [modsnip] has in store for us now.

As far as this being a murder, I do have to wonder. What do we know about ME's report?

I can't believe Jose threw himself into this. Mr. Judd will take care of him.

I wonder if the chats are why the Court dates were moved? Remember they were moved due to new information being provided...

Wonder if they'll let the public in the hearing tomorrow? I have time to take off before the end of the year hmmmmmm

I just saw the video of Jose being interviewed re his representation of the 12 year old bully.

:tantrum:

:facepalm:

:banghead:

I had so hoped I would never have to see/hear him again. I am really disappointed that he is involved in this case.

Sitting back waiting for the circus to come to town now. pfft

And not educating her is going to help the situation how exactly? Is there no alternative school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I concur with you, it helps nothing now. They should have been disciplined by the school BEFORE the alleged suicide.

I just saw the video of Jose being interviewed re his representation of the 12 year old bully.

:tantrum:

:facepalm:

:banghead:

I had so hoped I would never have to see/hear him again. I am really disappointed that he is involved in this case.

Sitting back waiting for the circus to come to town now. pfft

What a trainwreck! :trainwreck:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734