FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You and me both. This is weird. In one log, Lupe is all remorseful bla bla bla. In chat #3, she's talking about murder? wth is going on?

I don't see dates. Maybe chat #3 occurred first, before Lupe knew she was going to get in trouble & that LE was watching her FB. It sounds like it happened right after she found out. One chat with KR occurred after KR had been to visit Rebecca's family & KR sounds remorseful - so does Lupe but I feel she was playing along because by that time she realized she was in trouble. I know sociopaths often don't know how to act appropriately so they mirror the other person's emotions to try to appear normal. Anyway JMOO so take with a big grain of salt.

While I'm no fan of Baez, but there is a grain of truth to this. I personally feel uncomfortable writing off a twelve year old bully as irredeemable. Yes, she should be punished, but as others point out, there are many causes for bullying. While she should be punished, it's important to make sure that the punishment is not so severe that it only punishes and does not rehabilitate the child. After all, with most juveniles, the point is also to rehabilitate and prevent them from further trouble.

It's a terrible situation. But I would hate to have this young girl feel as if her life were over as well and do something drastic, or view herself as worthless and bad, and thus continue to do bad. Twelve is young - there's still a lot of time to work with her and help her become a productive adult. I'm not confident that will happen with Baez, but one can hope.

And not educating her is going to help the situation how exactly? Is there no alternative school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

At the arraignment hearing Baez asked for a Tutor for RK.
He also said the family hoped it was Pro Bono because they can not afford to pay for a Tutor

And based on that comment I will assume that if they can't afford to pay for an educational tutor for RK they also can not afford to pay the fees of a criminal defense lawyer either.

sooooooooooooo.............

Are we sure Rebecca killed herself?

Yeah GS sounds like a real piece of work.

I don't know what to think about that chat. I ALMOST wonder if Shaw is so messed up she was actually trying to imply it wasn't suicide just for the street cred, like she wanted to impress the other person in the chat by hinting it was murder. (I feel this is more likely than it actually *being* murder--I suspect LE would know by now if there were signs of a struggle or other people being involved at the site.)

But Shaw wanting her peers to THINK she was a murderer doesn't really make her look any better.

At the arraignment hearing Baez asked for a Tutor for RK.
He also said the family hoped it was Pro Bono because they can not afford to pay for a Tutor

I do wonder if JB is pro bono--????

Baez has started making his media rounds.

Baez Defending Accused Bully: FL Sheriff 'Needs to Stick to Law Enforcement'

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/10/2...ds-stick-law-enforcement-rebecca-sedwick-case

“Imagine this was your child and a sheriff goes out, makes an arrest and then starts parading her mug shot around national television and just keeps holding press conference after press conference attacking your child?” he asked.

Grady Judd has responded to the mug shot issue..i cant find that article right now
Judd's reply was something like "it would be illegal for us (LE) to with hold public records"

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/10/2...ds-stick-law-enforcement-rebecca-sedwick-case

“Imagine this was your child and a sheriff goes out, makes an arrest and then starts parading her mug shot around national television and just keeps holding press conference after press conference attacking your child?” he asked.

Grady Judd has responded to the mug shot issue..i cant find that article right now
Judd's reply was something like "it would be illegal for us (LE) to with hold public records"

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Baez, but I do - the mugshots should never have been shown to the media. I realize that different states do things differently, but in Ohio you don't see juvenile mug shots as often*, unless they are being charged as adults. Putting this information out for public purview, especially in our internet age where nothing ever disappears, completely moots the process of sealing juvenile records.

The whole point of the juvenile system is rehabilitation in conjunction with punishment. Where's the rehabilitation in this? What is to be gained by splashing these girls' information and faces all over the internet? How are they supposed to become productive members of society after this?

*ETA: juvenile mug shots are, I believe, considered public record in Ohio, but most of the local stations I see refrain from showing the mug shots unless the juvenile is being charged as an adult. This might just be local ethical practice, but I'm in favor of it, for the most part.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Baez, but I do - the mugshots should never have been shown to the media. I realize that different states do things differently, but in Ohio you don't see juvenile mug shots as often, unless they are being charged as adults. Putting this information out for public purview, especially in our internet age where nothing ever disappears, completely moots the process of sealing juvenile records.

The whole point of the juvenile system is rehabilitation in conjunction with punishment. Where's the rehabilitation in this? What is to be gained by splashing these girls' information and faces all over the internet? How are they supposed to become productive members of society after this?

Me too. I never thought I see the day!

same old song and dance. Big ole mean ole LE has victimized my poor victim of a client. Shame on those big mean bullies.

Yeah, I am gong to need to step back from this case. I cannot follow another case where I have to look at that attorney's mug or hear his spin. I simply do not have it in me to do so and remain within TOS.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/fa...se/-/1637132/22632852/-/103x2ghz/-/index.html

Facebook chats released in girls' cyberbullying case
Florida girls charged with stalking after 12-year-old commits suicide
Published On: Oct 25 2013 01:18:06 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 25 2013 05:37:00 PM EDT

Chat transcript 1:
http://www.clickorlando.com/blob/view/-/22632790/data/1/-/7pgq80/-/Chats-in-cyberbullying-case.pdf

Cat transcript 2:
http://www.clickorlando.com/blob/vi.../7nu4vbz/-/Chats-in-cyberbullying-case-II.pdf

Chat transcript 3:
http://www.clickorlando.com/blob/view/-/22632798/data/1/-/ru8ch2/-/Chats-in-cyberbullying-III.pdf

"They think it was suicide, let's hope it stays that way" What the hell..... :waitasec: Did they push her? :eek:

"They think it was suicide, let's hope it stays that way" What the hell..... :waitasec: Did they push her? :eek:

BMM
That is the first thought I had when I read GS's message. That she, GS, did something to Rebecca

and what is with all that they found her body, I never thought they would carp in the same chat (#3)???

seems to imply the girls knew where it was and were hopeful it would not be discovered???

Maybe her account really was hacked?
Last chat sounds like it was written by another person.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Baez, but I do - the mugshots should never have been shown to the media. I realize that different states do things differently, but in Ohio you don't see juvenile mug shots as often*, unless they are being charged as adults. Putting this information out for public purview, especially in our internet age where nothing ever disappears, completely moots the process of sealing juvenile records.

*ETA: juvenile mug shots are, I believe, considered public record in Ohio, but most of the local stations I see refrain from showing the mug shots unless the juvenile is being charged as an adult. This might just be local ethical practice, but I'm in favor of it, for the most part.

I agree there should he harsher penalties for bullying. Bullying is unacceptable.

Those girls have no control over other people's behavior, only their own. That's what they should be punished for. Their punishment should be equal to the punishment other bullies receive.
They're being unfairly judged because their target killed herself. I'm certain other children are on the identical receiving end of this type of bullying and they don't kill themselves.
That isn't their fault.

Baez will do anything to get his mug on TV - he's been hankering for one of those TV jobs since he first met Casey Anthony.

Kids can be vicious little creatures.
In my experience both as a therapeutic foster parent, parent and in my own youth... I believe it oftentimes starts at home. Many parents view the bulling behavior displayed by siblings toward each other as "normal" or "normal sibling rivalry" and tend to minimize its effects or take a hands off approach. To me, it's not normal, shouldn't be tolerated at all and should be considered serious each and every time it occurs.
Sometimes it's the parents that are the bullies.
IMO it's not that difficult to teach children to be kind to one another. That is not acceptable to be deliberately mean to one another. It needs to be taught and modeled in the home and the tools given that promote productive solutions and acceptable negotiations. parents need to mediate and do the work... And so do the teachers.

The expression poop runs downhill is so true.

IMO none of these children had the skills they should have been taught.

While everyone is running around talking about the bullies... equal time needs to be given to giving victims of bullying the skill set to report it, keep safe and understand its a temporary situation not worth dying over. Throwing out a hotline number isn't enough.

Where is the supervision?

Where are the consequences for children that bully?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back