GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CPS didn't come for the kids until Friday but mom took the freezer to grandma's on Wednesday. I wonder if she somehow knew CPS would be coming around or if that was coincidental. Maybe CPS interviewed the kids at school as their first contact and one told the mom?

If anyone ever asks a person to store a locked freezer for them, they should immediately break the lock to see what's inside. Too many people found in locked freezers forever.

If anyone ever asks a person to store a locked freezer for them, they should immediately break the lock to see what's inside. Too many people found in locked freezers forever.

Isn't that what the grandmother and aunt did?
Or do you mean break the lock right in front of the person who brought it?

I think it was cuffem who said a page or so back they need to check the freezer. :( I know the case that made cuffem say that but never imagined that would actually be where they found this baby. Will catch up with this latest info after getting kids to school.

:banghead:

:shutup:

age of other siblings per presser 15, 12, 9 and 2. Those poor kids.

A child that no relative loved enough to miss for a year. A child that no teacher worried for. S child that no neighbor wondered about. I'm so sad for Janiya. It seems like this forum may be the most attention that she has ever gotten.
I wish I was exaggerating right now, but I don't think I am. I'm sorry that the world seemed so indifferent to her life. She matters to us.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is a really sad but interesting thought. I feel more compelled to comment and follow the ones who get little attention and this may be exactly why. So that someone somewhere knows and repeats their name and thinks about them and prays for them and remembers them. :(

Still getting caught up on the thread. But I am sad that this post above from this morning may have been a little too accurate.

I was being utterly facetious and thinking about the mom who killed Stoney and her brother and hid them in the freezer. I so wish it was not the case here and now wonder if the other case motivated Janiya's mom :(

I was being utterly facetious and thinking about the mom who killed Stoney and her brother and hid them in the freezer. I so wish it was not the case here and now wonder if the other case motivated Janiya's mom :(

SCHMAE was it you that said it?
Maybe LE read your post and looked!

I had thought you were referring to Bella Bond. :(

I think it was cuffem who said a page or so back they need to check the freezer. :( I know the case that made cuffem say that but never imagined that would actually be where they found this baby. Will catch up with this latest info after getting kids to school.

:banghead:

:shutup:

No it was not me,I think it was Schmae.

Who just drops off a freezer and says, "gotta leave this with you, don't ask, don't unplug it, don't put anything in there, kthanxbai!"

per reports, a complaint in September 2015 is what caused authorities to go to remove the children. But during the presser they confirmed that the last known sighting of Janiya that gave them an August 2014 date was via CPS. They said that others may have seen her after August 2014 but that was the last sighting that they knew of by authorities or agency that Janiya was alive. This suggests that CPS was involved back in late summer early fall of 2014.

ETA yep.

According to Child Protective Services, Janiya was last confirmed seen on August 2014. Thomas has an extensive history with CPS.

It all began when one of the children—the 12-year-old—went to Thomas’ job at Wal-Mart on Sept. 23 and police and CPS were contacted. Allegations of child abuse were brought up and the courts became involved.

As soon as the judge signed the paperwork to have the children removed from the home, they found out that one of the children was missing and that’s when police became involved.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015...-girl-11-mother-being-uncooperative/74145738/

"She could not always tell when she had to go to the bathroom," Racky said. "That's one of the reasons the mother was frustrated with the child and kept the child in the bathroom at her residence. That medical condition is the same one that killed Janiya's father."

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39855885.html

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39855885.html#storylink=cpy

Not many things make me cry anymore, but this one did me in.

There is another case here on WS where a "mother" had murdered more than one child and kept them in a freezer in the living room while she and other siblings lived there. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor surviving children must have thought, knowing...

I remember that case. Horrifying. I have wondered how children ever manage to deal with such trauma.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back