GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Racky said police believe they know who the man is and are currently looking for him, though they are unsure of his relationship with Keishanna Thomas.

"We should be able to talk to him today," Racky said.

[...]

Racky said he has no idea why it took over a year to get authorities involved in this case.

"Nobody told us until Friday night," Racky said. "Her mother pulled her out of school because of her medical condition ... and said she was home-schooling her in 2013."

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40081161.html

very long article with many new (to me) facts

And also;
"Janiya last attended Manatee County public schools as a third-grade student at Manatee Elementary School in May 2013, said district spokesman Mike Barber. Barber could not immediately confirm whether and what type of home-school program Janiya was in, but said the district was looking deeper into their records.

"We don't have anything on that right now," Barber said. "We haven't had a chance to look into that."

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40081161.html#storylink=cpy

Another child who fell through the cracks (gaps).

ETA: She should have been in 6th grade this fall.

MOO

I homeschool my son and there is plenty of documentation required in PA.
Additionally Medicaid will pay for incontinence supplies for a disabled child with a physicians prescription.

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon
Waiting on Thomas to make first appearance. @BradentonPolice says will face aggravated child abuse charge @FOX13News #Bradenton #

It appears Thomas may have refused her 1st appearance @FOX13News #Bradenton #Manatee

Kim Kuizon FOX 13Verified account ‏@kkuizon 11m11 minutes ago
Keishanna Thomas' bond set at $75k for child abuse charge. @FOX13News #Bradenton #Janiya

At first Thomas denied first appearance but judge said it was unacceptable. Had deputies go get her @FOX13News

Keishanna Thomas' bond set at $75k for child abuse charge. @FOX13News #Bradenton #Janiya

From above link BBM Guess she told the truth :(

Homeschooled students and families must submit annual evaluations to schools district to maintain home school status, Barber said. When the district did not receive an evaluation in the year, a letter was sent out to the parent.

"The school district followed our protocol in this case," Barber said.

After sending the letter, the district was informed that the student no longer lived in the district, Barber said, but wasn't sure of the exact date the district was informed of that.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40081161.html#storylink=cpy

Ticya, I think we were posting the same info at the same time!

Keishanna Thomas won't be going anywhere. She's already held on no bond for contempt of court @FOX13News #Manatee

I homeschool my son and there is plenty of documentation required in PA.
Additionally Medicaid will pay for incontinence supplies for a disabled child with a physicians prescription.

This, is, and at her age, being fairly typical(I haven't read anything otherwise) she should be capable of almost all the changing.

No reason at all for her to be kept in the bathroom.

Kim Kuizon FOX 13Verified account ‏@kkuizon 11m11 minutes ago

I believe once this case is handed to a GJ the charges will be upped to murder possibly in the first degree.

Another sad tragic ending to a beautiful little life. God bless her sweet innocent soul.:(

Who just drops off a freezer and says, "gotta leave this with you, don't ask, don't unplug it, don't put anything in there, kthanxbai!"

Keishanna Thomas, that's who.

:banghead:

And I'm sorry, but where the hell was the rest of this girls extended family for over a year? The grandmother, aunts, uncles, etc. HAD to acknowledge her disappearance. No one had Christmas or any family get togethers for over a year that she never attended? Whatever - this type of mother isn't the type who just LOVES spending so much time with her kids that she'd never leave them with family or a sitter. No way. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were left alone quite often.

I also find it quite odd that the other kids didn't leak SOMETHING along the way. I mean, even if the mother had some made up story every time someone asked, kids likely would be a dead giveaway if asked.

Even if the mother hid her in the freezer when the kids weren't around - ok fine. But wouldn't SOMEONE ask those kids "hey, where's your sister?" I wonder what she told them to tell people if/when they asked. I certainly wouldn't be ok with an answer of "ya know...I don't know". COME ON PEOPLE!

I keep trying to keep up and do my thanks's and such, but I will be back after I reformat my computer, LOL Ahhhhhh that could take some time haha.

Thank you all for updating and all and such devotion to Janiya! She deserves the love and prayers.

MOO

Keishanna Thomas, that's who.

:banghead:

And I'm sorry, but where the hell was the rest of this girls extended family for over a year? The grandmother, aunts, uncles, etc. HAD to acknowledge her disappearance. No one had Christmas or any family get togethers for over a year that she never attended? Whatever - this type of mother isn't the type who just LOVES spending so much time with her kids that she'd never leave them with family or a sitter. No way. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were left alone quite often.

I also find it quite odd that the other kids didn't leak SOMETHING along the way. I mean, even if the mother had some made up story every time someone asked, kids likely would be a dead giveaway if asked.

Even if the mother hid her in the freezer when the kids weren't around - ok fine. But wouldn't SOMEONE ask those kids "hey, where's your sister?" I wonder what she told them to tell people if/when they asked. I certainly wouldn't be ok with an answer of "ya know...I don't know". COME ON PEOPLE!
Unless they were scared of mom and she threatened them into keeping their mouths shut. (Fearing they would disappear too.) [emoji25]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Firstly...too many of these cases...it just seems so non-stop lately :'(

When I read the articles about this poor little girl...she had accidents...my heart ached even more...
My daughter...who is now 34 years old....had accidents until she was about 10...
She would be invited to sleepovers...she would tell them she couldn't go to sleepovers...
Middle of the night we'd be changing sheets...quietly...getting her into the tub...fresh jammies...
She was so mortified and it was so upsetting for her....she'd cry almost every time it happened & I would too...it didn't always happen...but...
Eventually ..as the doctor said it would...her bladder 'grew into her body size'...and one day...we realized ...she wasn't having accidents...
When she went on her first real sleepover.....oh you can't believe it...she was so happy...she was crying again...this time for all the right reasons...& I did too!
What mother...punishes their child....beats their child.....*shakes head*...I can't get my head around this....I KNOW...how it can be frustrating...I KNOW how painful it can be...but my tears weren't for myself...and having to do clean up and baths and bed changes at 2am...it was for my daughter.....
I don't even want to tell me daughter about this case because I know how upset she will get ..She is now an adult and a registered nurse *so proud of her btw! & she's helping the little ones!*
RIP little Janiya....there are a lot of mommies out here who DO love you!

Unless they were scared of mom and she threatened them into keeping their mouths shut. (Fearing they would disappear too.) [emoji25]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That was my thought too...threatening they'll "end up in the freezer" or some other morbid threat that a child would be terrified to ever speak a word about it.

"This child, depending on who you talk to, has been missing for one to two years," Radzilowski said. "And no one said anything. Not family members, not cousins, or uncles, or neighbors, or school officials. I'm so angry."

A Manatee County task force is conducting a homicide investigation. But Radzilowski said his department will also investigate the case from "beginning to end" to determine when the child went missing and who, if anyone, should have reported it.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/10/girl_missing_in_florida_girl_f.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back