GUILTY FL - Jason Rodriguez accused of shooting 6 coworkers in Orlando, 1 dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here we go: The defendant was hearing voices by an entity by the name of Sharptooth.

Pretty interesting testimony. Too bad for sidebar interruption.

Some kind of mental illness was noted in the defendant as far back as 2003 and continued until 2009.

So because he believed he was followed, surveyed, and harassed; he didn't know it was wrong to shoot someone?

I hope they have something better than this.

1/3 of people with Schizophrenia decline

1/3 remain problematic

1/3 improve

Hmmm. I never knew that 1/3 improve.

The defendant spent 6.5 minutes in the parking garage before he went up to the office to carry out the shooting spree.

The defendant, himself, revealed in his preliminary hearing testimony that he knew enough to leave his gun in his vehicle when he went into the University and into the Post Office, before he went to RS&H.

Linda is doing a good job!

Interesting. The defendant had mental health problems since 2003, but still maintained his permit to conceal carry.

The witness is denying saying that the defendant told him that he "shot a whole bunch of people."

Linda is doing a great job.....I agree Truth Prevails

It's good to see her.

I believe the appl for conceal carry ask if someone has ever been committed for MH issues......big loop hole....as noted in other cases here on WS........

If he could reason enough with himself to know not to take gun to the Post Office and College.......he knew right from wrong

jmo

Now the witness admitted that the defendant told him that he: "aimed at people and hit a whole bunch of people."

(That's even better.)

Linda is doing a great job.....I agree Truth Prevails

It's good to see her.

I believe the appl for conceal carry ask if someone has ever been committed for MH issues......big loop hole....as noted in other cases here on WS........

If he could reason enough with himself to know not to take gun to the Post Office and College.......he knew right from wrong

jmo
Thanks, Scorekeeper. The defendant was Baker acted, but I don't have a date, other than that it was before the shooting at RS&H.

but doesn't Baker only permit someone to be held for 3 days or so for evaluation?

and the person may leave after the set hold time?

This guy had done a lot of hemming and hawing and not remembering. Hmmm... Seems the defendant did a lot of acting logically the day he went insane?

Great job, Linda!

Well, the defense is rehabilitating the witness somewhat; but LDB did a good job on cross.

Back in session. A lady with the last name Pizarro is the next witness.

Edited to add: They approached with documents that the witness has reviewed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back