GUILTY FL - Jason Rodriguez accused of shooting 6 coworkers in Orlando, 1 dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Mr. Sheaffer:

BillSheafferWFTV:
Some documents that are otherwise admissible can be admitted if they are kept in the ordinary course of ones business. The business records exception to the hearsay rule.

The jury has left the courtroom and they are going through the documents individually , deciding if each one is admissible or not.

It seems that to be admissible they have to have been pertinent to her treatment of the defendant.

This lady is not at doctor, rather a nurse practitioner. Why did the judge refer her as Dr.?

Judge Perry had other business to attend to and had to step out for about 10 minutes or so.

Finally, the jury is coming back and they have settled which of the documents will be allowed in.

It seems like she treated him from 2004 to 2007; and in 2007, the defendant was suffering from psychotic symptoms.

According to this witness - Dr. Pizarro. (Nurse Practitioner)

My feed appears froze on WFTV and also WAT. I tried WESH, but their local news is playing. :(

This is an interesting observation from Mr. Sheaffer:

BillSheafferWFTV:
I am thinking more that this is the best witness they could find. Remember she was treating the Defendant long before the shooting , way before PD was representing him

No cross from Linda? I'm surprised!

All done for the day. The jury will return tomorrow at 9:25 am for a 9:30 am start.

This write-up contains a good summary of today's events in the courtroom.

Orlando Sentinel | Defense expert: Downtown Orlando shooter thought victims 'posed a threat'
Jason Rodriguez is charged with murder in the Gateway Center shootings in downtown Orlando.
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel | 6:32 p.m. EST, November 12, 2013

When Jason Rodriguez opened fire inside the downtown Orlando offices of his former employer in 2009, he was under the delusional belief that they were part of a conspiracy to harm him and his family, an expert for his defense testified Tuesday.

Whether Rodriguez was legally sane at the time of the spree at Reynolds, Smith & Hills is the crux of his murder trial. The state rested Tuesday after several days' testimony in which witness after witness identified him as the gunman.

{Sniopped}

Read more: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ooting-trial-resumes-20131112,0,1094108.story

(I apologize in advance if I'm not supposed to add links to this thread.)

This witness took the defendant to be Baker acted on August 24, 2007. He responded to a complaint of a suspicious person in the roadway.

333yihx.jpg
Anna Rodrigues, defendant's mother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member