GUILTY FL - Jennifer Fulford, 56, Winter Park, 27 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    Hicks: “Jennifer Fulford is dead because he accomplished his goal. And that accomplishment warrants the imposition of the death penalty.” #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    Hicks: "Jennifer Fulford is dead because the defendant wanted an opportunity to come into a public forum, take the witness stand, not once, but twice, and tell the world about the people and the entities that he erroneously believed had wronged him.” #WFTV
  3. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    ASA Kelly Hicks begins the state's closing argument: “He had a plan, and he had a goal. And she was part of that plan. And his goal, his end game, is this. It’s this trial." #WFTV

1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 1m1 minute ago
    Hicks: “I will not rely on anything he said to law enforcement or anything he said from that witness stand, and I will tell you why. I don’t believe I can stand here and ask you to believe the parts of his testimony that support my argument, but not theirs." #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    Hicks: “There is one witness that I want to highlight. One person that I want to talk about before I move on. And that’s him.” (pointing at Nelson) #WFTV

1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    Hicks: “His intent was murder. Because his cold, calculated and premeditated plan, he couldn’t take that witness stand and rail against the world unless he went big. Go big or go home. So he went big.” #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 5m5 minutes ago
    Hicks, referencing the criminal plan Nelson came up with: “The moment when he knocked on the door. At that moment, he intended to kill Jennifer Fulford. That was his plan from the very beginning. It was a plan he developed back at the beginning of September.” #WFTV
  3. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 6m6 minutes ago
    The next aggravating factor is that Nelson murdered Fulford, which has already been established by the jury's verdict in the guilt phase. #WFTV
  4. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 10m10 minutes ago
    The next is Nelson having been convicted of a previous violent felony. In this case that's a bank robbery with the threat of a bomb. #WFTV
  5. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 11m11 minutes ago
    Hicks is beginning to enumerate the aggravating factors the state is attempting to prove, the first of which is the fact that Nelson was on felony probation at the time of Fulford's murder. #WFTV

1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 41s42 seconds ago
    Hicks: “Twenty two minutes, he’s in that house. And she’s left to wonder ‘Is this just a robbery? Am I going to be raped? Am I going to be killed?’” #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 1m1 minute ago
    Hicks: “As soon as he got into that house, he had to tie her up using the zip ties and the duct tape that he bought and that you saw on her body.” #WFTV
    Hicks: “The crime was consciousless, pityless and unnecessarily torturous to Jennifer Fulford.” #WFTV
  4. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
    The next aggravating factor is Fulford's death being heinous, atrocious or cruel. #WFTV
  5. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 4m4 minutes ago
    The next aggravating factor was Nelson's alleged predominant motive to avoid arrest by eliminating Fulford as a witness. #WFTV
  6. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 7m7 minutes ago
    The next aggravating factor is that Nelson was allegedly motivated by "pecuniary gain," which is to say he had a desire to gain money from the crime. #WFTV

1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 2m2 minutes ago
    Unlike premeditation as it relates to guilt, premeditation as an aggravator requires a "substantial" period of reflection. #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 2m2 minutes ago
    The final aggravating factor is the crime having been cold, calculated and premeditated. #WFTV
  3. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 9m9 minutes ago
    Hicks: “When he got her out to that field and he couldn’t take her screaming, he wrapped her head in duct tape and he started stabbing.” #WFTV
  4. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 10m10 minutes ago
    Hicks: “She’s alive and conscious. And why does he duct tape her head? Because she was screaming. She was terrified.” #WFTV
  5. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 15m15 minutes ago
    Hicks: “Sixteen minutes in the back of the car under a blanket before he gets to the ATM. Sixteen minutes wondering where they’re going and what’s going to happen to her.” #WFTV

1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 2m2 minutes ago
    Hicks: “He wanted to get caught. It is that simple. He wanted to get caught. Everything he did after that was part of his plan.” #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 2m2 minutes ago
    Hicks: “There was a purpose behind everything he did. This was a calculated plan that he had. There was a purpose to everything. From buying the supplies to leaving the body in broad daylight in a field.” #WFTV
    Hicks says it was all carefully planned out: “He went to Disney. The world’s tourist destination. And he knows if a body is found near Walt Disney World, that’s going to be a big deal.” #WFTV

1. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 14s14 seconds ago
    Defense is done with closing argument. Court is briefly recessed. #WFTV
  2. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 47s47 seconds ago
    Simmons: “We ask you to sentence Mr. Nelson to the only appropriate sentence in this case, which is life in prison.” #WFTV
  3. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 1m1 minute ago
    Simmons: “Your decision is whether Mr. Nelson fades away and does life in prison, or whether he resurfaces with each execution date and goes back in the news.” #WFTV
  4. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 8m8 minutes ago
    Simmons says Nelson was trying to right a wrong: “He cooperated with the police in this case. He confessed to the crime. He told them where they could find the knife, where they could find the keys.” #WFTV
  5. Field Sutton‏Verified account @FSuttonWFTV 43m43 minutes ago
    Simmons: “This is not something that’s just a bad childhood. It’s a scenario where many factors combine to where Mr. Nelson didn’t have a chance.” #WFTV

1. Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 2m2 minutes ago
    Simmons tells jury: "Scott Nelson will die in prison. Your decision is how." "Your decision is whether Mr. Nelson fades away and does life in prison, or whether he resurfaces with each execution date and goes back in the news.”
  2. Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 5m5 minutes ago
    Simmons addresses Nelson saying, "I am a homicidal maniac." Simmons said he is willing to manipulate for basic needs. "He wants his own cell and will say what he wants to say to get on death row. ... Mr. Nelson doesn't get to decide if he will be executed. That's your decision."

If I was on the jury - I'd give him life without parole. Since he wants death....
He deserves the death penalty but in this case I'd rather he be forced to share a cell with someone and to be in general population and not be in a cell by himself on death row.

I would vote for death in order to follow the law though.

Jurors deliberate death sentence for convicted killer Scott Nelson
JUL 10, 2019 | 2:43 PM
Jurors began deliberating Wednesday afternoon whether convicted killer Scott Edward Nelson should be executed for kidnapping Jennifer Fulford from her employer’s Winter Park home and killing her.

The 12-member jury must decide if Nelson, 55, should get the death penalty or spend the rest of his life in prison for the brutal 2017 murder of 56-year-old Fulford, of Altamonte Springs.

Jurors must vote unanimously to send Nelson to death row. The jury started deliberating around 1 p.m.
[...]
Nelson is also willing to manipulate others for basic needs like food and a single cell, Simmons argued, which is why he called himself “a homicidal manic” in front of jurors this week and said he wanted to be sentenced to death.

“He wants his own cell and will say what he wants to say to get on death row,” Simmons said. “Mr. Nelson doesn’t get to decide if he will be executed. That’s your decision.”

The convicted killer will die in prison, but the jury will decide whether Nelson becomes infamous, Simmons argued.

“Mrs. Fulford’s son testified she is the one that will be remembered,” she said. “Your decision is whether Mr. Nelson fades away and does life in prison, or whether he resurfaces with each execution date and goes back in the news.”

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 16m16 minutes ago
#ScottNelson - Defense files motion for new trial. They list 7 reasons:

D_JF9YUU0AAoblP.png:large

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members