FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading about this case for a couple of days now. I just skipped to the end of this thread to post two possibilities about how the perpetrator got access to Jennifer:

(1) Although it was January, the weather in Orlando was in the 70s/80s on the 23rd and 24th with a little bit of rain. When the weather is like that, some folks, including myself, open their windows. Another motive to open a window is to air out the apartment after others have used it. If the perpetrator got in through an open window, he could have entered while Jennifer was sleeping or while she was showering. In either case, he could have found and taken both phones to prevent Jennifer from making any calls.

(2) If Jennifer planned to mail the phone that morning, she would've left for work earlier than usual. She could've gotten abducted at the place she was mailing it off. This would explain why nothing was amiss about the apartment and why nobody saw anything strange at the apartment building.

Some other thoughts:

The dog could have tracked Jennifer's scent back to the apartment. Obviously, her scent would have been strong in the car.

A question:

Do we know if the battery was actually taken out of the phone, as Blink on Crime reports?

After further reading, it appears that the batteries were removed from both phones, since the Kesses have confirmed this on their guest book, as discussed above. This is very significant information. If the police started out with the view that she may have disappeared sometime on the night of the 23rd, I wonder why the latest news conference, per the Orlando Sentinel, says police now believe she disappeared in the morning of the 24th. To me, this suggests that they have some further evidence, unknown to us, that rules out this possibility. Otherwise, the facts about the phones would strongly suggest the possibility that something happened the night of the 23rd.

Links:

http://jenniferkesse.123guestbook.com/?page=15 (see post by jt 7/23/14 and reply by Kesses)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12756094/#.VwwxOXrqDLc (2006 views of police)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...r-kesse-missing-cold-case-20160122-story.html (2016 views of police)

Actually thats not correct i remember at the time they had someone walk that same walk then matching it to the perp video and with computer tech's put the guy who's height was knowen beside the perp and thats how they could be so precise on his height..

It's been quite awhile since I've checked on the latest being posted on Jennifer. I see some interesting info now that is more inline with my thoughts on her disappearance. I will have to backtrack through the posts and understand it.

Concerning the exercise of determinig the height, I believe that I saw from pictures that they had the spokeswoman performing the walk taking huge strides. Now it's been so many years that I could be recollecting hallucinations for all I know, but I checked and this is what I posted about it: (warning - not politically correct)

regarding the FBI being involved with the height determination - IIRC Orlando police said they sent info to FBI concerning their height measurement methodolgy and got a blessing. It was the Orlando police doing it, we saw it in the news video. So any implications that crack FBI experts did this and therefore must be right are wrong.

regarding the police using a methodology where the person matches up in picture - they sorta did that, in a sad pathetic way. The news video showed a short woman, the spokeswoman Barbara Jones if I'm not mistaken, playing the part of the suspect in the measurement.

They further had her hunched over like the Hunchback of Notre Dame in the measurement, as if a short height was not enough. This apparently from their belief that the suspect was hunched over, this apparently stemming from the curved back in the picture. I obviously consider this ludicrous.

They further had her hunched over with big strides if I saw the video correctly. It's been awhile, but it was so pathetic it made a lasting impression on me, and not a pretty one.

So what does all this mean? It means that if you believe the suspect was a short person hunched over, then that's what you stick out there and voila!, hunch proven, so to speak.

* As I have previously posted on Jennifer's website...I still believe (as if I can see it) that she left for work early perhaps by 20 minutes to mail this young man's work cell phone. I recall reading that he was a long-time friend of her brothers and therefore herself. I also recall that he was issued this cell phone through a new job he had just gotten and that he really needed it back. From what I have managed to gather about Jennifer, she would have made it a priority to get this cell phone out the VERY next morning. My beliefs are that she was not abducted at the Mosaic and was actually overcome at a post office or FedEx box very near her residence or on the way to her workplace. I really believe this was the scenario. I just have a gut feeling if you will, that she was over-powered somehow stopping at some sort of mailing facility. So much time has passed now but ideally, the police SHOULD have investigated any and all such facilities FROM her home TO her route to her work. And maybe they did. But if they didn't, I believe there was more than likely some important clues that could have been missed. Probably even cameras if it was the post office she went to. As I stated before, here in my home town, the post office LOBBY is open 24/7 to wrap and mail items FROM the lobby. Nobody is on the premise but there are tables there in which to wrap, tape, address and mail your items. I have myself been in there at dark getting a package out. I am certainly no detective or expert, but I believe this is exactly what happened.

That was my initial thoughts, that it would be important ter her to get this phone sent back and my thoughts were that night. However it would require a 24 hour FedEx store because otherwise she would have to have a FedEx or UPS account and packaging to drop it off or a lot of postage to mail it. (I don't think mail would have even been an option if she was trying to get it back quickly.)

However there has been at least one post that indicated she would have used her company's mailroom to send it out FedEx or whatever, had done it before, and even posted that she wouldn't have been in a hurry to get it sent back. Although I've never been at a company where employees could send out packages from the mailroom (or maybe I didn't try hard enough), but the consensus thought I've seen posted is that she intended to mail from her company mailroom so going out late or early to a 24 hour package facility has not been considered what could have happened.

I have a vague recollection that a couple of possible locations were identified, but at least for the first several years that scenario was not considered likely. I have no idea myself. I asked but didn't see something like a statement that she customarily used her company mailroom or anything different from those who might know that she was not concerned about getting the phone sent back as quick as possible.

But I agree with your thoughts and that's the scenario that made sense to me.

I was hoping that the January press conference on the 10th anniversary would jump start something. If it has LE hasn't said anything. I can't help but wonder if LE had taken a more active role in the first 24 hours if we wouldn't have had better results. But we won't know now.

Well , started watching the episode tonight on ID and about 15 min in it switched to the new missing women from Ohio series .. Ugh
Thanks for the face plant ID
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Wikipedia, the phone belonged to her brother's friend...not her ex. I thought the show wasn't airing until Monday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It was obviously an error . The vanishing women from Ohio series starts Monday but I got 15 min of each :(
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Monday ,there are two Disappeared episodes. The first at eight is Brandy Hanna and then at nine is Jennifer Kesse's episode. Sorry if I caused confusion. The phone that was left belonged to Travis B. a family friend.

I wish the episode had featured even a little information on the cell phones and whether they really were powered down/batteries removed the night of the 23rd, as I feel that really is the key to knowing when Jennifer was taken. There was definitely some interesting information; I didn't know the co-worker had been take to jail for arguing with a cop over a speeding ticket the morning of the 24th when he was late to work, essentially giving him an alibi at least for that morning. I also didn't know about the can of mace being left on the counter. It seems strange Jennifer would leave it there when she left for work in the morning. There are still so many questions, but I do hope the episode generates some leads for Jennifer's family.

I just finished the Disappeared episode. There are so many unanswered questions, still. I hope the family finds answers.

Saw Disappeared episode last night... been ages since I've followed this case... was hoping there was a breakthrough... disappointed ....
So many details to follow; too many for my old noggin... But, what strikes me/stands out is the return of her car to her parking spot! Who would do that?
Perhaps time to do some crime scene pattern analysis - let's look at past crimes solved over the years in which a victim's vehicle is driven back to it's parking space. IMO, it's something only someone who knows the victim does. Also appears done to divert attention away from actual crime scene and to confuse.

Actually I think her car was parked by the poi at Huntington on the Green apartments. The dogs then traced the scent back to Jennifer's condos at The Mosaic. I to wish they had gone into more details concerning the phones . I had never heard they made Rob Allen stand and watch as they opened the trunk to gauge his reaction. I think exposure in missing people cases is critical and hope they get answers .

Just watched it. Her family seems like incredible people. I was amazed at how quickly they got organized and were distributing flyers within hours. Crazy that she was never found after all these years. The trunk opening sounded like a terrible experience for Rob, I can only imagine.

BTW did anybody else find that news reporter woman super annoying? They gave her way too much camera time that IMO. They could have used that time for more facts about the case.

Just watched it. Her family seems like incredible people. I was amazed at how quickly they got organized and were distributing flyers within hours. Crazy that she was never found after all these years. The trunk opening sounded like a terrible experience for Rob, I can only imagine.

BTW did anybody else find that news reporter woman super annoying? They gave her way too much camera time that IMO. They could have used that time for more facts about the case.
I thought the same, annoying news anchor. Kind of like a Nancy Grace.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

that mace on the counter. Wow, watching the episode, I was stuck on that. She left that there for a reason. She was going with someone (by force or begrudging choice) and left that there as a signal to her family. They would see it and know something was wrong IMO. Anyone else convinced she was trafficked? I can't imagine being trafficked and stuck in that world for this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member