FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that mace on the counter. Wow, watching the episode, I was stuck on that. She left that there for a reason. She was going with someone (by force or begrudging choice) and left that there as a signal to her family. They would see it and know something was wrong IMO. Anyone else convinced she was trafficked? I can't imagine being trafficked and stuck in that world for this long.
Agree - mace on the counter was strange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only surveillance images they have was what was shown in the ID show - of her car being parked and the POI leaving it and walking in front of the gate? Did I miss an explanation of what they didn't have any of her car leaving before that happened.

Saw Disappeared episode last night... been ages since I've followed this case... was hoping there was a breakthrough... disappointed ....
So many details to follow; too many for my old noggin... But, what strikes me/stands out is the return of her car to her parking spot! Who would do that?
Perhaps time to do some crime scene pattern analysis - let's look at past crimes solved over the years in which a victim's vehicle is driven back to it's parking space. IMO, it's something only someone who knows the victim does. Also appears done to divert attention away from actual crime scene and to confuse.

Hello everyone!

Right off, I think of Tricia Todd because it is so recent, I don't think Jennifer's current boyfriend was involved in this case. I think it was a worker very familiar with the area and brought the car back to throw off the investigation . I think he watched her a lot. Maybe even lived at one of the empty apartments, so he knew her comings and goings. Maybe overheard her and the BF argue on the phone.

I'm not convinced Jennifer was trafficked. However, without a body, I would cling to any hope that my daughter was still alive somewhere too.

I thought the news lady was a bit distracting, but felt her input was valuable. Her description regarding her feelings while in the same path where Jennifer's last steps must have been made my hair stand up too. She also pointed out the lack of security at the apartment complex. They were able to drive right in without being asked for any ID. I feel Jennifer was taken at gunpoint, perhaps as she got out of the shower. She probably kept the mace handy to carry with her to and from her vehicle, which in and of itself is scary! :eek: She must have felt safe in her apartment, but even walking to and from her car carrying mace makes me think she was in a dangerous area.

Agree - mace on the counter was strange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only surveillance images they have was what was shown in the ID show - of her car being parked and the POI leaving it and walking in front of the gate? Did I miss an explanation of what they didn't have any of her car leaving before that happened.

Because the perp didn't park it at Jennifer's apt. complex, he parked it at a shadier one within 1 mile of her complex. You obviously missed scadagirl28's explanation of this after a previous post of yours:

Actually I think her car was parked by the poi at Huntington on the Green apartments. The dogs then traced the scent back to Jennifer's condos at The Mosaic. I to wish they had gone into more details concerning the phones . I had never heard they made Rob Allen stand and watch as they opened the trunk to gauge his reaction. I think exposure in missing people cases is critical and hope they get answers .

As I've stated more times than I can count on this thread going back several years, if illegals were in the business of kidnapping and trafficking American educated women, there would be fine up-standing American women disappearing every day, just like Jennifer Kesse did.

But that's not the case. Human trafficking certainly involves mostly women, but not American women. Not educated American women. Not independent educated American women, like Jennifer Kesse is/was. Why? Frankly, because American women ARE educated AND independent AND tend to be pretty good fighters. In other words, they're just not worth the hassle, no matter how attractive/smart/personable they are.

For example, when I lived in Las Vegas, a major human trafficking ring was broken up. And the victims were all women. And not one of them was an American and not one of them spoke English. As I remember it, they were all from SE Asia. Now if there is a human trafficking ring that was broken up in, say, Vietnam where the victims were all American female real estate agents, then I stand corrected. But I'm guessing that's never happened nor ever will happen.

So, the Kesse's belief that Jennifer was trafficked just isn't plausible or probable. Possible? I guess, at like 1 in a million odds.

There's also something about the belief that the apartment complex workers were the perpetrators that strikes me as racist. Fact: American citizens still commit a vast majority of the crimes in the USA. As for one of the former workers being charged with rape later, you randomly pick 100 American men and you'd find probably a couple who have rape or some other violent crime on their rap sheet.

A man who knew Jennifer well--you can take that to mean whatever you want--is responsible for her disappearance. She had men outside of her bf who liked her, wanted her, were jealous of her, etc. And that's always a recipe for a guy losing control even if he regrets doing it later.

As I've stated more times than I can count on this thread going back several years, if illegals were in the business of kidnapping and trafficking American educated women, there would be fine up-standing American women disappearing every day, just like Jennifer Kesse did.

But that's not the case. Human trafficking certainly involves mostly women, but not American women. Not educated American women. Not independent educated American women, like Jennifer Kesse is/was. Why? Frankly, because American women ARE educated AND independent AND tend to be pretty good fighters. In other words, they're just not worth the hassle, no matter how attractive/smart/personable they are.

For example, when I lived in Las Vegas, a major human trafficking ring was broken up. And the victims were all women. And not one of them was an American and not one of them spoke English. As I remember it, they were all from SE Asia. Now if there is a human trafficking ring that was broken up in, say, Vietnam where the victims were all American female real estate agents, then I stand corrected. But I'm guessing that's never happened nor ever will happen.

So, the Kesse's belief that Jennifer was trafficked just isn't plausible or probable. Possible? I guess, at like 1 in a million odds.

There's also something about the belief that the apartment complex workers were the perpetrators that strikes me as racist. Fact: American citizens still commit a vast majority of the crimes in the USA. As for one of the former workers being charged with rape later, you randomly pick 100 American men and you'd find probably a couple who have rape or some other violent crime on their rap sheet.

A man who knew Jennifer well--you can take that to mean whatever you want--is responsible for her disappearance. She had men outside of her bf who liked her, wanted her, were jealous of her, etc. And that's always a recipe for a guy losing control even if he regrets doing it later.

^^^ a million times this. All of it.^^^

Thanks was not enough. Great post, had to quote the whole thing.

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2014-6230

Interpol disagrees with you.

11 Facts About Human Trafficking

1. Globally, the average cost of a slave is $90.
2. Trafficking primarily involves exploitation which comes in many forms, including: forcing victims into prostitution, subjecting victims to slavery or involuntary servitude and compelling victims to commit sex acts for the purpose of creating *advertiser censored*.
3. According to some estimates, approximately 80% of trafficking involves sexual exploitation, and 19% involves labor exploitation.
4. There are approximately 20 to 30 million slaves in the world today.
5. According to the U.S. State Department, 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year, of which 80% are female and half are children.
6. The average age a teen enters the sex trade in the U.S. is 12 to 14-year-old. Many victims are runaway girls who were sexually abused as children.
7. California harbors 3 of the FBI’s 13 highest child sex trafficking areas on the nation: Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.
8. The National Human Trafficking Hotline receives more calls from Texas than any other state in the US. 15% of those calls are from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
9. Between 14,500 and 17,500 people are trafficked into the U.S. each year.
10. Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking). It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year. Of that number, $15.5 billion is made in industrialized countries.
11. The International Labour Organization estimates that women and girls represent the largest share of forced labor victims with 11.4 million trafficked victims (55%) compared to 9.5 million (45%) men.

Traffickers don't discriminate. To even suggest Americans girls are not being trafficked is ridiculous and disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the perp didn't park it at Jennifer's apt. complex, he parked it at a shadier one within 1 mile of her complex. You obviously missed scadagirl28's explanation of this after a previous post of yours:
Thanks for clarification.

when you say sketchier people do you mean artists or...
just joking

sketchier people, or so it's said due to crime statistics. I visited there and it's a normal to nicer apartment complex and the people just regular people.

But it's an apartment complex (like one I live in in Florida) versus a condo complex (like one across the street from where I live).

When you say shadier do you mean more trees or sketchier people?

Last post was a joke, sorry couldn't resist. I meant sketchier people or more crime. I can't remember the exact term used in Disappeared, but that's the feeling I got from it.

I agree with the first half of this quote whole heartedly. I moved to the Orlando area within a week or so of her disappearance. I've never, in my long life, seen such a plastering of "Missing" pamphlets anywhere. Ever. There were people standing in intersections all over the city handing them out. They were on light poles and on cars in parking lots. They were posted outside of each business in every strip mall in the entire NW Orlando area. And on the inside of the same businesses. Jennifer Kesse was literally everywhere in the weeks and months after her disappearance. On the TV, in newspapers, on lips and on billboards. Her employer put up a reward for information on her whereabouts. There is nobody anywhere near the Orlando area in the months who didn't close their eyes at night and see Jennifer Kesse. She was the picture of what she was: An affluent, college-educated, attractive woman, with a loving family, an employer who put up a huge reward, and maybe about five thousand close friends. And she looked it. Why on earth would anyone want to mess with "trafficking" her? She wouldn't have been a pushover physically, and she would, and did, have half of Orlando searching for her. As FastEddy says, women who are trafficked are people for whom no one is looking. It's an ongoing operation. No one wants to mess with Jennifer Kesses. They want untraceable, disconnected from family, etc. This is someone, in my book, who can't control impulses. He may or may not have watched her for a while, but it's not an ongoing operation, where the "type" looked for is anything but Jennifer Kesse.

However, I don't think the "apartment complex worker" angle is racist. Here are a couple of thoughts: The illegal workers are, indeed, transient. These don't have to be illegals, though. I was simply stunned by how many transients are in the Orlando area. I would guess that so many, many of those workers are transients, illegal or otherwise. That makes it just much easier to get away with crime. Also, I will say this. A real estate agent who had lived in the area all her life told me that that particular development (Mosaic) was an awful area to live in for several reasons. It was known to be a sort of upscale place, attracting yuppie types, but had a huge negative aspect, that was hidden from those who didn't know the area: The mall and surrounding apartments and condos were built in an area that had previously been pretty remote and wooded. It had train tracks behind it which were known to be used by transients -much more so than many in other areas. The fact that there were so few people living in these vast complexes as they were being developed made it, in the realtor's mind, quite unsafe. Not only were their literally hundreds of transient, day-type workers on those projects, there were many, many more traveling back and forth right behind them. She said she would have never let her daughter live there. Would have screamed and stamped her feet and drug her out -done whatever she could to prevent it. In fact, Jennifer herself, I believe, expressed uneasiness about it.

Sorry for the long post. I just get going...

11 Facts About Human Trafficking

1. Globally, the average cost of a slave is $90.
2. Trafficking primarily involves exploitation which comes in many forms, including: forcing victims into prostitution, subjecting victims to slavery or involuntary servitude and compelling victims to commit sex acts for the purpose of creating *advertiser censored*.
3. According to some estimates, approximately 80% of trafficking involves sexual exploitation, and 19% involves labor exploitation.
4. There are approximately 20 to 30 million slaves in the world today.
5. According to the U.S. State Department, 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year, of which 80% are female and half are children.
6. The average age a teen enters the sex trade in the U.S. is 12 to 14-year-old. Many victims are runaway girls who were sexually abused as children.
7. California harbors 3 of the FBI’s 13 highest child sex trafficking areas on the nation: Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.
8. The National Human Trafficking Hotline receives more calls from Texas than any other state in the US. 15% of those calls are from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
9. Between 14,500 and 17,500 people are trafficked into the U.S. each year.
10. Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking). It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year. Of that number, $15.5 billion is made in industrialized countries.
11. The International Labour Organization estimates that women and girls represent the largest share of forced labor victims with 11.4 million trafficked victims (55%) compared to 9.5 million (45%) men.

Traffickers don't discriminate. To even suggest Americans girls are not being trafficked is ridiculous and disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM: I think was FastEddy is saying is that it's highly unlikely for American women such as Jennifer Kesse, to be trafficked. Yes, many, many women living in the U.S., whether technically "American" or not, are victims of human trafficking. However, these are almost always young women who fit into number six on the list here, or are otherwise unconnected to family, etc. They just aren't college sorority-graduated women, who live in an intact family of all American citizens, well employed by employers who offer significant rewards, who have legions of friends of the same stripe. (I'm not sure if Jennifer was actually in a sorority or not -can't remember, but she sure could have been. She is from an affluent, intact family.) There really aren't many of those who are trafficked.

I have not read all 53 pages here and my memory is rusty. Only watched the ID show recently. ID said the ex-boyfriend was close by drinking at a bar the night before Jennifer went missing, so he would be high on my suspect list too. Somebody that knew how to drive and get around Orlando (even better than a transient person). I could see him parking Jennifer's car at the other parking lot. Did Jennifer get into this condo because of a job perk? And was there speculation that the perp could have been a parking attendant? If a realtor would not have let her daughter live in these condos, were the Kesses aware of Jennifer's uneasiness, or did she just express the fears to her current BF?

Need to read.

I have not read all 53 pages here and my memory is rusty. Only watched the ID show recently. ID said the ex-boyfriend was close by drinking at a bar the night before Jennifer went missing, so he would be high on my suspect list too. Somebody that knew how to drive and get around Orlando (even better than a transient person). I could see him parking Jennifer's car at the other parking lot. Did Jennifer get into this condo because of a job perk? And was there speculation that the perp could have been a parking attendant? If a realtor would not have let her daughter live in these condos, were the Kesses aware of Jennifer's uneasiness, or did she just express the fears to her current BF?

Need to read.
I read the threads here about Jennifer over the weekend. I believe she bought the condo because the new Millenia mall across the street was going to help improve the neighborhood and it was a good investment. It had nothing to do with being a job perk. She was uneasy about the comments and attitudes she received from the construction workers and their demeaning behavior. I believe her family was fully aware of her concerns about the construction workers.
I honestly believe in MOO that the ex had something to do with it, but LE doesn't have enough to consider him a POI and suspect.

Okay, just read SS's shower experiment. I have a lot of reading to do. Interested about the dogs tracking Jennifer's scent.

I'm remembering back ten years here but I'm certain an ex followed Jennifer from Bradenton to Orlando.
That is never a good sign.
He was checked out I know and I guess he had an alibi.
I don't like alibis much; especially if they involve loved ones or friends.

On the other hand the picture of the POI, and the estimated height of the POI tend to indicate and illegal immigrant.
As we know some of these guys were allowed to reside in empty condos.

To my thinking there is two choices for a suspect. Someone she knew or a worker at Mosaic.

As I have written previously the major obstacles to solving this case are:

No body, no crime scene, no witnesses.

Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads