FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be great for you all to take a look. I don't really need to post another link here (I've posted several to different images through the years). Just search Jennifer Kesse POI Blowups. Site is justiceforchandra.com.

A couple of comments. I noted at the time that the higher resolution screens or smaller screens etc. obscures the details. I never would have seen them if that was the case today. I used a 19" glass monitor with a laptop with 1024 x 768 resolution. (Was becoming old school even back then).

So the images are overwhelming at first. A compensating factor these days are big screen tv's. That has the size to get a better feel from the images.

There are many many comments in that thread and the Blowup Analysis thread. I basically blogged as I went along and found things even I didn't believe. Of course I contacted Orlando police, even gave me a report number, but nothing has ever come of it from them.

Actually was just trying to figure out if hat or hair. Bike helmet imo.

I for one would love to see your POI blowups. Very interesting that the clothes appear white, but are not! Why am I remembering this person wearing a helmet of some type? That would that would fit with a bike security officer too?

Was the surveillance camera motion activated? I thought it was just odd how the person was captured on the film they showed on ID.

The zigzag back outline is unmistakable imo. So it made it a bike security officer based on that (and tie down thigh holster) but doesn't look like any official uniforms in area that I've searched for. I did find an exact replica from a security company in S Florida north of Miami that went out of business a few months after Jennifer disappeared.

Based on research I did at time and posted, the camera seemed to me to be taking shots at second and half intervals or something like that, not motion detection. It was set up in top of pool building pointed down at gate POI walked by.

There are so many here that know a thousand times more detail than I ever knew so we can always get better answers from them.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the man in the video was calm. He wasn't looking all over the place, but if he's a controlled-type personality-wise, I think that maybe when adrenaline kicks in, he only gets more focused and more controlled. I did think he took long strides, which really seemed quite long for his height, to me. The long strides to me indicate that he is hurried. Also, we wouldn't see the perspiration or heightened pulse or such things associated with stress, on the video. Also, I've always thought the extra 30 seconds in the car was a quick "one last wipe down" on the steering wheel, and a check to see that anything overt wasn't left by him in the vehicle, etc. Obviously, if the car had been cleaned of evidence extensively, that would have been done earlier, but I do think the extra 30 seconds could be accounted for that way.

Regarding the two attempts to get the car in the parking space, I also think that could easily be explained if this is our perp: He'd want to make sure that the car isn't parked badly enough that someone calls security or notices it right away. Also, it says to me that he might not be familiar with the car.

Just some thoughts.

The mere fact that the person did this in daylight and at noon time when there is a possibility that someone may have come home at lunch time, leads me to believe this person was bold. What I am referring to in the person's actions (or inactions if they didn't do something usual) is that there may be something there that a criminal behaviorist might pick up. It's not much, but then this video is about all LE has.

Thank you for the information regarding the phone. I had forgotten about the brother and friends staying there while Jennifer was on vacation.

The person on the CCTV video looked like it could have been a painter with the white clothing. Probably did not look out of place with all the construction of the condos? I wonder how many days LE could have gone back to look at the same area footage to see who walked that route? Since humans are creatures of habit.

In one of the shows - Fox (Greta Van Sustern), 48 Hours, I don't remember) - they indicated that the person left the HOG complex and walked through an adjacent field or wooded area based on the tracking dog. That would minimize being seen on other video in the area. I believe LE also checked traffic cameras and couldn't find her car on any road that morning.

LE doesn't have much in this case and by failing to go through her condo or reacting early enough they may have failed to obtain other evidence.

I for one would love to see your POI blowups. Very interesting that the clothes appear white, but are not! Why am I remembering this person wearing a helmet of some type? That would that would fit with a bike security officer too?

Was the surveillance camera motion activated? I thought it was just odd how the person was captured on the film they showed on ID.

The pants being tied at the bottom or secured to the ankle makes sense if he is riding a bike. So maybe he parked his bike, returned the car, walked back to the bike and rode off. IDK, but I don't think he picked that parking spot by accident.

The mere fact that the person did this in daylight and at noon time when there is a possibility that someone may have come home at lunch time, leads me to believe this person was bold. What I am referring to in the person's actions (or inactions if they didn't do something usual) is that there may be something there that a criminal behaviorist might pick up. It's not much, but then this video is about all LE has.

Thanks JnRyan. I wasn't replying strictly to your post, but really to so many here who talk about the video POI being "calm". I think I understand what some are saying: It seems a bold move -to park the car in the middle of the day quite close to her complex, as well as the fact that he doesn't display any stress that can be detected -no looking around-type nervousness, etc. I agree with that assessment also. His stride and posture seem almost confident, and putting it all together it seems to paint a very confident POI. I was just pointing out that there are things we can't see -such as the fact that maybe those long strides indicate that he/she's quite hurried (to get away without drawing attention) and the fact that we can't see things like a rapid heart beat, etc.

I agree that these are the kinds of things that maybe point to a POI who is an experienced criminal vs. someone who just grabbed someone, and also they may give LE some sort of "profile". However, I also recall that earlier in these threads there was much conversation about whether or not the video POI is materially connected to her disappearance vs. someone who was just given a few bucks by the perpetrator to park a car and have been thinking of the bold, calm vs. terrified in relation to all of it. Unfortunately, I generally don't make much headway with any of my "thoughts"!

I've only seen the ID program so I may have missed it, but did Jennifer's apartment ever get processed? All I remember is that it they said it looked normal, aside from the pepper spray.

Thanks JnRyan. I wasn't replying strictly to your post, but really to so many here who talk about the video POI being "calm". I think I understand what some are saying: It seems a bold move -to park the car in the middle of the day quite close to her complex, as well as the fact that he doesn't display any stress that can be detected -no looking around-type nervousness, etc. I agree with that assessment also. His stride and posture seem almost confident, and putting it all together it seems to paint a very confident POI. I was just pointing out that there are things we can't see -such as the fact that maybe those long strides indicate that he/she's quite hurried (to get away without drawing attention) and the fact that we can't see things like a rapid heart beat, etc.

I agree that these are the kinds of things that maybe point to a POI who is an experienced criminal vs. someone who just grabbed someone, and also they may give LE some sort of "profile". However, I also recall that earlier in these threads there was much conversation about whether or not the video POI is materially connected to her disappearance vs. someone who was just given a few bucks by the perpetrator to park a car and have been thinking of the bold, calm vs. terrified in relation to all of it. Unfortunately, I generally don't make much headway with any of my "thoughts"!

I've been thinking about what you said about paying somebody to park Jennifer's car... Why did this person feel the need to return the car at all? I could see the real perp paying somebody to drive the car to that condo thinking it was safer to leave it there than at Jennifer's condo? Did they look forward to seeing Jennifer's current BF have to pop the trunk for LE knowing they all feared finding Jennifer's body there?

I'm fascinated with the pics of the perp that you blew up.

I've only seen the ID program so I may have missed it, but did Jennifer's apartment ever get processed? All I remember is that it they said it looked normal, aside from the pepper spray.

Good question. I think they left a lot of information out of the ID program.

In one of the shows - Fox (Greta Van Sustern), 48 Hours, I don't remember) - they indicated that the person left the HOG complex and walked through an adjacent field or wooded area based on the tracking dog. That would minimize being seen on other video in the area. I believe LE also checked traffic cameras and couldn't find her car on any road that morning.

LE doesn't have much in this case and by failing to go through her condo or reacting early enough they may have failed to obtain other evidence.

That's helpful but let's clarify. The two complexes are about a mile or so apart. The "walking through woods", if indeed this took place, is only after walking a mile down Americana? or whatever the main drag between them is, then just before getting to Jennifer's complex cutting through an undeveloped area to side of the complex rather than walking a bit further down and entering through front gate.

The poi in the pictures is headed toward Americana running along the front of that complex (as it also runs across front of Jennifer's complex) and is walking in driving lane of the apartment complex running along the side street, Texas I believe. The lane is for parking only and stops before getting to the front street and has no exit to the side street beyond that gate. The entrance/exit to the side street, that he drove in with Jennifer's car, is behind him as he passes the gate. In fact if you look at the pictures there's a brick wall behind him which forms part of an entrance/exit decoration.

There is nothing about walking a few feet up to the corner along Texas that would suggest he will walk down Americana back to Jennifer's complex, only the dog tracking (which I would have much higher opinion of had the dog not been at Jennifer's complex and was brought down Texas to the Huntington complex and then see what happened).

I don't know that that didn't happen, but I have a vague recollection that the dog was taken to Jennifer's apartment to get scents. The dog merely returned back down the road to where it came from and of course doesn't go through front gates but directly to where it came from (ie cut across). I would be pleased to be told that isn't the way it happened.

It was so late when they brought the dogs in wasn't it? How accurate are the dogs after many days? Now I gotta go look at the pic again. I need a map.

The pants being tied at the bottom or secured to the ankle makes sense if he is riding a bike. So maybe he parked his bike, returned the car, walked back to the bike and rode off. IDK, but I don't think he picked that parking spot by accident.

What I noticed when I was there is that is a covered bus stop cater-corner to where he is walking. It would be about as convenient a parking place to walk over and wait for next bus as you could get. The only way it would be more convenient is to turn left upon entry and drive up along where he is walking and park close to corner. But that would make it obvious he was going to get on the bus.

As it is he parked in first general spot (I think second down instead of right next to curb) available on main entrance which was after passing the pool. He could have turned right or left before the pool which could have been a little closer but again I think that says I'm ditching it and leaving whereas where he parked next to main entry sidewalk says I'm here in these apartments. Just a perception thing to throw people off imo.

Also I agree with a previous comment, being unfamiliar with car makes it likely to turn in at wrong angle, so backed up and pulled in straight so as not to draw attention to the parked car.

In the show they mentioned someone at work she was having a problem with.... any thoughts from past threads about someone like that being involved and doing all this stuff with her car and dressing like a painter, etc, all as a ruse?

What I noticed when I was there is that is a covered bus stop cater-corner to where he is walking. It would be about as convenient a parking place to walk over and wait for next bus as you could get. The only way it would be more convenient is to turn left upon entry and drive up along where he is walking and park close to corner. But that would make it obvious he was going to get on the bus.

As it is he parked in first general spot (I think second down instead of right next to curb) available on main entrance which was after passing the pool. He could have turned right or left before the pool which could have been a little closer but again I think that says I'm ditching it and leaving whereas where he parked next to main entry sidewalk says I'm here in these apartments. Just a perception thing to throw people off imo.

Also I agree with a previous comment, being unfamiliar with car makes it likely to turn in at wrong angle, so backed up and pulled in straight so as not to draw attention to the parked car.

My feeling is that his car was parked near there and he walked back to it. Most likely in the parking area for workers at the building. He doesn't want other's to see him pull in with Jennifer's car but he does not want to walk too far either.

While I inderstand that is the main theory, imo walking back down Americana is a pretty good hike and crossing John Young Parkway on the way would make you seen by a lot of people, for that matter same with walking a mile down Americana to a place you work or worked and people know you. And for that matter, isn't it rather obvious that a resident disappears and you don't return till the next afternoon?

yeah, I know the thinking, non-entity laborer that no one even knows is there or not and no one would even recognize if they did see them, illegal immigrant, fled the country, etc. etc. I mean people go to some trouble to enter the country and find work and most of them from what I've seen aren't very big so this overwhelming urge to overpower a tall American woman and then flee the country doesn't make any sense to me, even if the poi wasn't wearing law enforcement gear as is clearly seen in the blowups.

No, if it was such a person that was parking close to walk back to Jennifer's complex, I would expect parking the other way nearer the mall in a strip mall. I mean an immigrant laborer isn't going to be going to great lengths to try to mislead the cops that the kidnapper lived in those apartments where the car was found and then walk in broad daylight a mile down the road and cross a major intersection because ditching the car in a strip mall wasn't clever enough.

But again, I understand the prevailing theories and offering a different perspective from my way of thinking. I did a similar major hike in the Chandra Levy case but didn't feel this theory was compelling enough for me to make the hike back down Americana to reenact it.

In the show they mentioned someone at work she was having a problem with.... any thoughts from past threads about someone like that being involved and doing all this stuff with her car and dressing like a painter, etc, all as a ruse?

It was said in the disappeared episode that the married man from work who was infatuated with her was late for work but the reason for that was that he was given a speeding ticket, kicked off at the cop & was arrested which explained him being late.

I think the person in the cctv was a worker at the condo. Maybe a painter? They'd have known her routine, not many were staying in the surrounding condos at the time, she was freaked out by them & felt uncomfortable as they were always stood staring at her. They were also illegal so no trace/record of them would have been found. They'd have done the job & just moved on elsewhere. The dogs also traced the scent from whoever drove her car back to the condo. It's such a sad case & one that I feel will never be solved, sadly. It also doesn't help that there were no cameras in the parking lot where Jennifer was staying. Also no security gates so anyone could have come & gone. Also to add, the person on the cctv are very very lucky! The bars completely hid their face. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the police had brought the tracking dog down Texas from the north, without taking the dog to Jennifer's condo, and the dog followed a scent down Americana to Jennifer's condo then I'd say you have something.

Bringing the dog from Jennifer's condo up Americana, and the dog returns back down the street I say you have nothing. That to me has been the biggest red herring in this case along with refusal of poilce to acknowledge the poi is wearing a thigh holster and bike helmet. It's no wonder this case has gone nowhere for more than 10 years.

The investigative firm of Copenhaver & Associates has been retained by an unnamed client to conduct a renewed investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. We will release a statement within the next few days. As always, anyone with any information is asked to contact me. Contact info is below.

Respectfully snipped:
It was said in the disappeared episode that the married man from work who was infatuated with her was late for work but the reason for that was that he was given a speeding ticket, kicked off at the cop & was arrested which explained him being late.

Great way to get an alibi for that morning, no? Do we know if she was taken at night, or very early morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje