FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen was 24 yrs old and abducted on the 24th , probably just coincidence but kinda weird

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Why bring the car back at all? Even if she, or someone else, drove it to a place known to her it could have then been driven and abandoned anywhere. Paying someone to drive it back to that location sounds like someone wanted the driver caught on camera. And it's risky to do for that person to do had she/he known there were cameras. No one would have imagined the footage turning out the way it did...

I have always thought if more than one person was involved in Jennifers disappearance why take her car at all? Why not take her in the vehicle that they used to get to the Mosaic? Why bring it back to within 1.2 miles of her condo?

Could it have been that the POI parked his car or bicycle near the Mosaic or the HOTG? Was he going to catch the bus near there?

Was the POI driving Jennifers car driving back to the Mosaic to meet up with another person(s) already there and the person(s) at the Mosaic called and told him not to come to the Mosaic? Perhaps if there was more than one person involved , they came back to her apartment to clean up or make sure that they did not leave something?

If as suggested its someone dressed as security/police on a bicycle , they would need jens car to return to it?

Returning to the exact same parking lot seems risky if she was indeed taken in her own car. And even stranger if she wasn't...

I have always thought if more than one person was involved in Jennifers disappearance why take her car at all? Why not take her in the vehicle that they used to get to the Mosaic? Why bring it back to within 1.2 miles of her condo?

Could it have been that the POI parked his car or bicycle near the Mosaic or the HOTG? Was he going to catch the bus near there?

Was the POI driving Jennifers car driving back to the Mosaic to meet up with another person(s) already there and the person(s) at the Mosaic called and told him not to come to the Mosaic? Perhaps if there was more than one person involved , they came back to her apartment to clean up or make sure that they did not leave something?

Longtime follower, first time commenter here... I never felt like I had anything to add, but Jennifer's disappearance always seemed so tragic and baffling. Keep checking online to see if anything changes. Maybe someday. Anyways... Here are my thoughts...

The person who took her car was not interested in the car or its contents, other than Jennifer. So the only reasons to take it are 1. Needed it for transportation or 2. It was parked in a location that would've been incriminating for the abductor. IMO, #1 makes the most sense if this was a random stranger, abducting her en route from her apartment to her car in the morning. #2 makes sense if she drove her car to a location of her own free will, something terrible happened, and the car needed to be moved.

Whether the truth is #1 or #2 is so tricky, because the evidence that we've heard seems so contradictory. She spoke to her (definitely not a suspect) boyfriend Monday 10ish, made no mention of plans to go out and said she was tired. Makeup was in the bathroom and the shower was wet, with nearby damp towel around noon the day she was reported missing. Looks like she "at least got out the door" for work.

Except that the Blink site, confirmed by Mr Kesse on the family's site, says that the phones (her phone & brother's friend's phone) pinged in undisclosed locations away from her apartment, before shuttling off due to "presumed removal of batteries." This happened around 10:40 the night before she was reported missing.

How strong is the science behind cell phone pinging? Has anyone ever seen an interview regarding to the cell phone pings? If it has been determined with scientific certainty that the cell phone left her apartment after 10 pm the night before she was reported missing, she must've gone someplace on purpose, in her vehicle. I make that jump to "on purpose" because of the makeup found in the bathroom.. It is often said that she must've gotten ready for work because of clothes on the bed, makeup in the bathroom, shower used, etc. IMO, that is all solid evidence that she got ready to go someplace, at some time, between returning home from work and vanishing.

For the record, I'm skeptical about the poi proposed on blink and other sites.

That's really about all... I really hope she is found. It is so sad...

Have you given any thought that she was abducted from her apartment shortly after her phone call at 10 pm?

I don't think she was abducted in the traditional sense: I believe she was leaving for work - probably already at her car or driving away, when someone she knew flagged her down and asked for a ride. She knew this person well enough, and trusted them, so it wasn't an issue. When she dropped off this person, she was met with the actual abduction: Probably several men who overpowered her. They returned her car because they believe their location would be one police would search - therefore, they dumped it back into the local area in order to throw LE off her case. Personally, I think the suspect is literally right under our noses.

I don't think she was abducted in the traditional sense: I believe she was leaving for work - probably already at her car or driving away, when someone she knew flagged her down and asked for a ride. She knew this person well enough, and trusted them, so it wasn't an issue. When she dropped off this person, she was met with the actual abduction: Probably several men who overpowered her. They returned her car because they believe their location would be one police would search - therefore, they dumped it back into the local area in order to throw LE off her case. Personally, I think the suspect is literally right under our noses.

On that point we don't if it could have been one of her few neighbors. The condos were mostly empty, but I believe there were other occupants. Someone she met a few times and talked to before. Someone that wouldn't cause that much alarm just outside her condo that morning. If they were in the same complex they would have known her routine. Maybe even knocked on her door that evening. If it happened the night before, they would have had time to remove her in the early morning hours and then get the car cleaned. If all LE got from the car was a partial print and a partial DNA that was a remarkable cleaning. The car was nondescript enough that it would not be that noticeable at a self service car wash.

LE never processed her condo and I don't believe they searched the other units.

I agree with much of what you mentioned.....We will never know what clues her condo may have held.....I have watched enough crime shows to know that just because a home looks pristine and from all visual indications that a crime was not committed there only to find out that there was indeed a crime there.......One show that I watched, the detectives and forensics requested a second look at the victims home as the first search revealed nothing.......The victims wife asked them to remove their shoes at the door as she had the first time that they were there....they looked around in every room......as one of the forensic techs was leaving the victims bedroom that was pristine nothing out of place, with her barefoot she stepped on a damp area........the carpet was pulled back revealing blood......

I am of the belief that Jennifer knew her abductor(statistically about 80% of victims do)....whether it was a casual acquaintance or someone she knew at work or socially I don't know...I just don't think it was a worker at the Mosaic...

I believe she was abducted from her apartment the night before right after her last phone call.....Jennifers mother said when they entered her apartment the day she went missing that it was "maid clean"....this has always stuck with me as on several interviews that I have listened to with her father, he describes Jennifer as somewhat of a slob, car and condo.....Her mother also said Jennifers mail was neatly stacked on her kitchen counter......I think that whoever abducted Jennifer came back to her condo and staged it......

No basis for much of my thoughts concerning Jennifer, I wish that I did know more facts as all of you do...

OK, going to throw something out there off the wall. I just got back from a cruise, and the cruise line gives you a luggage tag to attach to your bag(s) in which you fill out your name, address, and phone. What if someone from the cruise line abducted her? The outfit in the video could be a cruise line uniform. I know this is really reaching, but is it completely beyond the realm of possibility?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

I suppose anything is a possibility, but that's pretty unlikely as they would not know her schedule, etc. This was more than likely someone she was very close to.

OK, going to throw something out there off the wall. I just got back from a cruise, and the cruise line gives you a luggage tag to attach to your bag(s) in which you fill out your name, address, and phone. What if someone from the cruise line abducted her? The outfit in the video could be a cruise line uniform. I know this is really reaching, but is it completely beyond the realm of possibility?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

I've always thought that whomever returned her car may not have had any idea of what they were doing; that someone might have said, "hey, here's $20 - can you bring my car to xxxx"? The suspect in that regard caught on video is really confident - he walks very casually...

her name, address could have been on a luggage tag. so anything at this point is possible, valet, cab driver luggage handler. etc.

I agree with much of what you mentioned.....We will never know what clues her condo may have held.....I have watched enough crime shows to know that just because a home looks pristine and from all visual indications that a crime was not committed there only to find out that there was indeed a crime there.......One show that I watched, the detectives and forensics requested a second look at the victims home as the first search revealed nothing.......The victims wife asked them to remove their shoes at the door as she had the first time that they were there....they looked around in every room......as one of the forensic techs was leaving the victims bedroom that was pristine nothing out of place, with her barefoot she stepped on a damp area........the carpet was pulled back revealing blood......

I am of the belief that Jennifer knew her abductor(statistically about 80% of victims do)....whether it was a casual acquaintance or someone she knew at work or socially I don't know...I just don't think it was a worker at the Mosaic...

I believe she was abducted from her apartment the night before right after her last phone call.....Jennifers mother said when they entered her apartment the day she went missing that it was "maid clean"....this has always stuck with me as on several interviews that I have listened to with her father, he describes Jennifer as somewhat of a slob, car and condo.....Her mother also said Jennifers mail was neatly stacked on her kitchen counter......I think that whoever abducted Jennifer came back to her condo and staged it......

No basis for much of my thoughts concerning Jennifer, I wish that I did know more facts as all of you do...

Marable, this reminds me of a case in Alaska. I believe it was a missing persons case or murder, I cannot remember, but Forensics went back to the trailer 10-20 or more years later and found blood evidence either on the ceiling or under the floor. DNA obtained and the case solved. I wish I could remember the show or case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtime follower, first time commenter here... I never felt like I had anything to add, but Jennifer's disappearance always seemed so tragic and baffling. Keep checking online to see if anything changes. Maybe someday. Anyways... Here are my thoughts...

The person who took her car was not interested in the car or its contents, other than Jennifer. So the only reasons to take it are 1. Needed it for transportation or 2. It was parked in a location that would've been incriminating for the abductor. IMO, #1 makes the most sense if this was a random stranger, abducting her en route from her apartment to her car in the morning. #2 makes sense if she drove her car to a location of her own free will, something terrible happened, and the car needed to be moved.

Whether the truth is #1 or #2 is so tricky, because the evidence that we've heard seems so contradictory. She spoke to her (definitely not a suspect) boyfriend Monday 10ish, made no mention of plans to go out and said she was tired. Makeup was in the bathroom and the shower was wet, with nearby damp towel around noon the day she was reported missing. Looks like she "at least got out the door" for work.

Except that the Blink site, confirmed by Mr Kesse on the family's site, says that the phones (her phone & brother's friend's phone) pinged in undisclosed locations away from her apartment, before shuttling off due to "presumed removal of batteries." This happened around 10:40 the night before she was reported missing.

How strong is the science behind cell phone pinging? Has anyone ever seen an interview regarding to the cell phone pings? If it has been determined with scientific certainty that the cell phone left her apartment after 10 pm the night before she was reported missing, she must've gone someplace on purpose, in her vehicle. I make that jump to "on purpose" because of the makeup found in the bathroom.. It is often said that she must've gotten ready for work because of clothes on the bed, makeup in the bathroom, shower used, etc. IMO, that is all solid evidence that she got ready to go someplace, at some time, between returning home from work and vanishing.

For the record, I'm skeptical about the poi proposed on blink and other sites.

That's really about all... I really hope she is found. It is so sad...

Quite a first comment. Good stuff.

I did some research on cell phone pinging on the Theresa Parker case in 2007 and somewhere in there decided to take at look at these Jennifer Kesse POI images and I found all the law enforcement gear at that time and posted the blowups. But the cell phone research helped me understand better both this case and Steven Koecher case for example. I've been retired from following cases since then but look in on Jennifer Kesse's whereabouts and Chandra Levy case due to the work I put in on them.

The cell phone pinging research was pretty comp;ex due to the different possibilities, technologies, etc., and who knows what all had changed since then but is helpful to understand what little we know of Jennifer's situation. I didn't see any information for years and then this 10:40 thing which is pretty thin. It does correlate with what I initially thought happened, Jennifer leaving after the phone call to get her brother's friend's phone sent off, but most are convinced and have posted with some authority that she woudl have sent the phone from work. One person even said it wasn't an urgent matter for her which I thought would be given her brother asked her to overnight it. (Not literally overnight in the sense of sending that night but when it was sent, sent with overnight shipping.) So with that and no ping info on phone(s) given there wasn't much to go on.

My understanding is that cell phones can communicate with any towers in signal range, maybe up to a mile and a half, but one tower takes control of the phone. If you are moving another one will take control and anything sent to your phone will be transmitted from the tower that currently has control.

The police comment I saw quoted a few pages back on this referring to the ping info about "can't be in two places at once" I interpreted as the phone switching from one tower to another and back, seemingly two places at once but if the towers are within a mile and a half of each other perfecly possible. Maybe signal is disrupted in one direction and another tower takes control and then signal to previous tower is seen again and switches back. On the other hand police would/should know this and it would help correlate the location of the vehicle. But with such meager information I can only guess.

rd

This is the case that brought me to Websleuths since I lived in that area during that time. I to believed it was someone she new or complete amatuer.

Now knowing the area, she lived at the edge of high class housing. Past here point and where the car was dropped off is very ghetto. I think the car was left there to make it seem it was a local that did it in that area. The one thing that makes me think this is premeditated is that they have to have known she lived alone. They wouldnt have known that the day of or night of. If she had a roomate or boyfriend living there they would have been alerted if they had to come back and retrieve their vehicle since they took Jen's. I feel there is no way someone deeply involved would have dropped the car off in broad daylight unless they were amatuers or unaware.

Also, the timing of the drop off, why noon? so long after the abduction. Where the car was during the time of the abduction, was it somewhere with someone that others would say, who's car is that, then find out later on the news that it was a missing persons car.. Unless someone had tight lips or someone out there hasnt connected the dots it really has me baffled.

I have always felt that the person or persons who abducted Jennifer never thought that the Kesse's would respond to Jennifer's disappearance as quickly as they did......By 10:15 am Tuesday they were on their way from Bradenton to Jennifers, that would just be around 2-2 1/2 hrs if she left for work between 7:30a-8:00 am.....They probably thought that they had as much time as they needed to get the car back, check for anything that might have been dropped during the abduction , ie, if you believe that she was abducted on her way to work....I feel that her abduction was taking place when the cell phones were turned off about 40 min after talking to Rob....

Many people seem to believe the driver of Jennifer's car was just that a driver and was clueless about what had just happened to Jennifer.....It is beyond my imagination that someone would take the chance that they might be stopped driving a missing person's car at 12 noon, unless, they thought that they had more time before she was listed as missing....Then again, I cannot imagine that someone would drive a car without details and questions answered as to why.....Perhaps they were paid and money talks......The person driving her car could also have had dealings with abducting people in the recent past and was casual about it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member