FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She lived alone. She was alone every night. She frequently spent weekends away. I don;t understand what's different about the day she disappeared. Is the phone left behind and a request to have it sent to owner the only thing different that day? Does anyone know of anything else different?

That her brother and friends stayed in her condo the previous couple of days maybe, related to the phone left behind.

She lived alone. She was alone every night. She frequently spent weekends away. I don;t understand what's different about the day she disappeared. Is the phone left behind and a request to have it sent to owner the only thing different that day? Does anyone know of anything else different?

That her brother and friends stayed in her condo the previous couple of days maybe, related to the phone left behind.

I always assumed the work colleague looked the most likely , until i discovered the ex-boyfriend story....

The main difference is the group of guys staying in her flat when she was away (was this a regular thing?)

My Theory on the ex would be ,

He is across the road drunk in a bar , knows through his brother she is away with her new boyfriend (getting serious) , knows she will be back that night alone.

Walks across to her place , jenn then lets him in and in sympathy offers to run him home.

She assists him out of her car and into his house , he then attempts a move on her which she resists, a struggle and he accidentally kills her.

After coming to the next morning (late in a panic)he takes her car back as near as he dares , and walks back to collect his own from near the bar.

He then can dispose of (bury i would say) her body at his own pace.

Then supposedly on a drinks binge for a couple of weeks (guilt?)

Then clean or sell his car?

Any trace of him in passenger side of jenns car could be down to when he was dating her? ( assuming she owned it then)

He then gets married just over 10 months later?...

Any holes in this theory?

Mark.

I always assumed the work colleague looked the most likely , until i discovered the ex-boyfriend story....

The main difference is the group of guys staying in her flat when she was away (was this a regular thing?)

He is across the road drunk in a bar , knows through his brother she is away with her new boyfriend (getting serious) , knows she will be back that night alone.

Walks across to her place , jenn then lets him in and in sympathy offers to run him home.

She assists him out of her car and into his house , he then attempts a move on her which she resists, a struggle and he accidentally kills her.

After coming to the next morning (late in a panic)he takes her car back as near as he dares , and walks back to collect his own from near the bar.

Any trace of him in passenger side of jenns car could be down to when he was dating her? ( assuming she owned it then)

Mark.

Or he could have called her on her land line and she picked him up from the bar. And the rest of your theory plays out from there. But her opening her door for someone she knows would certainly make him a possible candidate. I wonder where he was supposed to be the next day when her car was parked in apartment complex.

Or he could have called her on her land line and she picked him up from the bar. And the rest of your theory plays out from there. But her opening her door for someone she knows would certainly make him a possible candidate. I wonder where he was supposed to be the next day when her car was parked in apartment complex.

Would they not have a record of that call?

Would they not have a record of that call?

Usually with a landline the only record is long distance calls. If the ex-boyfriend used his cell, then, yes, there would be a record on HIS phone. But if he used the bar's phone, landline to landline, there would likely be no record.

Mark.

Yeah, if it was an accident the person who killed her would have called an ambulance or took her to the hospital. We have a problem up here in PA where someone murderers someone hides the body for 13 years or so and then says it was an accident. The person only got 7 to 14 years. We also had a person in PA say he accidentally stabbed his gf to death. He only got 30 to 40 years. After he stabbed her he drove over someone trying to flee the scene. There is no way any of those two or Jennifer's case was an accident. Id put money on it.

Usually with a landline the only record is long distance calls. If the ex-boyfriend used his cell, then, yes, there would be a record on HIS phone. But if he used the bar's phone, landline to landline, there would likely be no record.

Good point , i assumed all calls would be listed?

Yeah, if it was an accident the person who killed her would have called an ambulance or took her to the hospital. We have a problem up here in PA where someone murderers someone hides the body for 13 years or so and then says it was an accident. The person only got 7 to 14 years. We also had a person in PA say he accidentally stabbed his gf to death. He only got 30 to 40 years. After he stabbed her he drove over someone trying to flee the scene. There is no way any of those two or Jennifer's case was an accident. Id put money on it.

But if he has drunkenly killed her , he has nothing to lose and everything to gain if he can cover it up?

Something that I have always wondered.....Was her security alarm set when the Mosaic managers went to make the "wellness check" at the Kesse's request as they were on their way to Jennifers condo from Bradenton? I know that they said that the apartment door was locked .....as security conscious as Jennifer was reputed to be, I believe if the security system was not armed she was not the last one out that door?

The ex would not have known the security code as Jennifer disarmed the security system before leaving on her vacation....

Did the ex ever have the opportunity that weekend to get a key made to Jennifer's condo, ie, did the other friends go out leaving him there alone to perhaps leave and have another key made?

Something that I have always wondered.....Was her security alarm set when the Mosaic managers went to make the "wellness check" at the Kesse's request as they were on their way to Jennifers condo from Bradenton? I know that they said that the apartment door was locked .....as security conscious as Jennifer was reputed to be, I believe if the security system was not armed she was not the last one out that door?

The ex would not have known the security code as Jennifer disarmed the security system before leaving on her vacation....

Did the ex ever have the opportunity that weekend to get a key made to Jennifer's condo, ie, did the other friends go out leaving him there alone to perhaps leave and have another key made?

Was the ex at jenn's that weekend? I thought it was his brother?

Regarding the opportunity to copy the key, mentioned a post or two above: This is an interesting idea, and up-thread a bit rd_jfc asked "what was different" about that night, mentioning the recent stay of her brother and his friends. I'd always thought this case was about JK walking out to her car in the a.m. and being car-jacked by a construction worker in the parking lot of her very empty, under construction apartment building.

A couple of things point to this not being true, most notably both phones going "out of service" at the same time the evening before. Also, someone up-thread a bit also pointed out that most people are murdered by people they know. Now I'm beginning to think that maybe the brother/friends staying in her apartment two days before her disappearance is connected, especially since one of those friends is a previous boyfriend. And: What a great opportunity to copy the key! Was he waiting for her there when she came home? Hmmm.

My only hesitation with the evening theory is the "wet" or "damp" shower and the fact that the police and I think family, for whatever reason(s) apparently came to the conclusion that she was very likely abducted in the morning. (I'd think a key here would be if her nightclothes were lying on the bathroom floor or something, but I don't remember that they were -simply that clothes were laid out on the bed. That scenario could be either evening or morning, in my book.)

On Monday morning jennifer drove from her boyfriend's house 3 hours.
When she got home that evening after a long day at work,
i am sure she took a shower at night.
In winter in Fl , the shower can stay damp until next day.It can stay damp many hours later after .
Anyone of the friends who stayed at the condo over the weekend could have made a copy of the key. Maybe the co worker had a copy of the key.
The next day he was late to work,at the time he arrived ,around noon, his wife or another accomplish, dropped the car at the parking place.

When the Kesse's entered Jennifer's apartment they saw nothing out of order....Clothes on the bed(typical Jennifer), pj's and underwear on the bathroom floor(also typical Jennifer) ....Per her sorority sisters "Jen was messy"....Per her father she was also a "car slob" as her car trunk was used as a storage shed....

Her father stated that Jennifer never took a shower at night....She had to have been exhausted just coming back from her vacation, driving 2-3 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale to go to work, working around 10 hrs before getting to go home....

Any one of Logans friends , including the ex may have had the opportunity to get another key made but the ex was probably the only one with a motive to do so...

The coworker may have had the opportunity to get a key made as well, Jennifer may have left her car and condo keys on her desk out in the open as she went to meetings etc.....the coworker was a supervisor and did not have to clock in and out , he moved around freely....If she left her keys out he might have easily gotten a key made...

I think it is possible that Jennifer was attacked inside her apartment, someone could have been hidden there before she got home...We have been told that Jennifer left work at around 6 pm....I have always wondered what time the coworker left work on Monday?

Someone other than Jennifer may have taken a shower after Jennifer was abducted and disposed of....If the coworker did this , if he got dirty in the process of disposing of Jennifer he couldn't exactly go home where his wife might see the mess he was in and he certainly could not go to work that way.....He was three to four hours late getting to work on the 24th....I would love to know if his hair was wet as if he had just stepped from the shower.....

What is different about Monday evening....She was tired(she told Rob this and that she was going to bed), she may have even showered that night to possibly sleep in a little longer Tuesday morning before going to work, she may have been so tired that she let her guard down forgetting to arm her security system(she had disarmed it for Logan and his friends while she was on vacation), checking her doors(I believe there were three), one being a sliding glass door.....She may have left her condo door unlocked as she brought things in from her vacation providing someone an opportunity to enter her condo while she was at the car collecting things ...

Really, I think the phones being turned off and /or the batteries removed is an important clue as to when Jennifer's nightmare began(her parents said that she had NEVER once turned her phone off in all of the years that she had had one , she also used it as an alarm clock).

I am currently reading through Jennifers information/comments here on WS from day # 1.....I found an answer to a question that I have always had....I had either missed this answer or have just forgotten it....I have always wondered if Jennifer had located Travis phone and how could Travis have lost it....Logan stated that he had been using Travis' phone(he did not say what had happened to his) and that he had left Travis phone on Jennifer's bedside table....That brought up another question for me....Was Travis lying on Jennifer's bed as he talking on Travis's phone making the bed appear slept in?

yes, would be glad to. It's a high result of a search on Jennifer Kesse POI Photos for example.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033

As usual, will be glad to discuss here. Have had many discussions and have posted isolated bits in these threads through the years but has yet to gain any traction with the investigation I am sorry to say.

I don't know what else could be investigated in her disappearance outside of these pictures, but I do know that very little emphasis has been put on moving forward in investigating what is in these pictures.

Thanks for taking a look and any feedback.
Thanks so much for your link.

Well, I’ve stared at those pictures for quite some time now. I can make out most of the various things that you point out; however, I don’t believe that I could without your prompting.

Just looking at them on my own, all I really see is a blur. No matter how hard I try.

I really do believe it is a tall person, though. Those feet belong to a tall man. I think the reason the person appears short is because of how high the camera is positioned, pointing down.

I see that as being a big reason why no one recognized the person.

I wonder if the building that has the camera had any type of security personnel employed. Someone who would know the range and distortion of the camera and understand how those posts could further block your face if your timing was right.

I guess I don’t believe that much in luck.

(It took me a while to catch up, but all the comments provided great reading.)

If the poi in the photo disguise himself ,he could put on shoes that are few sizes bigger than his real size. criminals know the police take shoes print
it can be a short man or a woman. This is why the poi takes huge steps but that doesn't mean he walks like this in his regular walk.

I don't know how tall this POI is but I believe he is taller than the 5'3"-5'4" as the road does not seem level with the pool, it appears to me at least that the pool is slightly higher than the road.....I don't believe he would be real tall, perhaps 5'7" to 5'10".....the shoes have always gotten to me.....I have never been able to see the things that others say is in the picture until they mention it....His gait seems exaggerated to me, like he is really having to push himself to make steps that long.....

I don't know how tall this POI is but I believe he is taller than the 5'3"-5'4" as the road does not seem level with the pool, it appears to me at least that the pool is slightly higher than the road.....I don't believe he would be real tall, perhaps 5'7" to 5'10".....the shoes have always gotten to me.....I have never been able to see the things that others say is in the picture until they mention it....His gait seems exaggerated to me, like he is really having to push himself to make steps that long.....

I went there, stood next to that tree, and I estimate the POI height at 5'9 to 5'11. The POI turned fully and is looking back across the pool at Jennifer's car he just parked. I do not think he is very far out into the lane and stopped just at the edge of viewing around the tree. I think he was pretty close to it.

There is a pretty significant drop off from the gate to the lane, but I compared height to the tree which is also set down there, so the drop off wasn't a factor in that.

The Orlando Police estimated height by running a rope down to their spokeswoman who was hunched over and taking a big goose step stride, a visual that is not easily forgotten. This was through the gate, and the location out in the lane was a judgement call on their part.

They were quite satisfied that the height of the POI was the same height as the spokeswoman officer they placed out there. Pretty amazing stuff. I've been writing about this for eleven years and still amazed.

RD,

Sorry about your not being able to get over the woman with "the big goose step stride".....

Thanks for height adjustment, 5'9"-5'11" makes more sense to me....

There are two cameras, one that recorded the entrance the car was driven in to and one that recorded the pool gate the POI walked by.

I don't know anything about the entrance video. I was not able to see anything in the darkness of it back when it was a link on a newspaper site. But plenty of people have had plenty to say about it through the years, and I don't recall anyone saying that the walk from the car around the pool looked like anything that people use to describe his walk a few steps later by the pool gate.

Now camera two looking at the pool gate I have some understanding of, but not nearly enough. No one saw fit to inform the public what model camera it was and what the settings were, for had they done that, I would have recreated some images to find what real world visuals look like those images. The Orlando Police said don't worry about the pictures, and of course most everyone hasn't.

I did some research back when I was analyzing these stills in 2007. I documented what I found then and through the years there is discussion here and I occasionally do some more searches and occasionally I write some more on it. I don't know that I know anything more than I did then but sometimes I may end up describing a little different. Maybe sometimes that helps, maybe it doesn't.

This is a cheap night time capable surveillance camera, I think no one will dispute that it isn't high quality. But not high quality doesn't mean it is useless. It means people have to understand the limitations and their effect on the images.

1. InfraRed for night time viewing not filtered out in daytime. From my research cheap cameras either had no filter or the mechanism to flip the filter on during daylight and off at night wasn't working. Probably no filter. This washed out images during the day. I posted side by side comparisons a few pages back. The Orlando Police saw their own uniforms washed out when they looked at the camera. Everyone should have known that looking at the images and thinking they were seeing painters and line cooks was not true. They could just as easily been looking at security uniforms, which my analysis says they were.

2. Motion blur - Cheap cameras recorded to VCR, but not frame for frame in real life. A VCR or any kind of storage would fill up quickly. From my research surveillance cameras had settings to limit the captures, the longer the setting the more condensed the storage. My guess is that the setting was a frame possibly every 1.5 seconds or so. We see this in having three frames as the POI walks by the gate. We can guess what the time lapse is for example from still 1 to still 2 in front of the gate, and then still 2 to still 3 by the palm tree.

But... there is not a snapshot every 1.5 seconds. That was for more expensive cameras. The lens captured continuously during that time, and then the shutter closed or whatever surveillance cameras do to take a frame. Continuously means something moving is seen for 1.5 seconds in the still image. It means it started at one point and ended at another during that time. Basically that's a type of blur distortion. This may have some effect on the shoes, but not that I can see. There are some other artifacts in the images that do look like they were taken at different times though.

3. Lens distortion. The shoes has the look of lens distortion to me, that is outside of a focus area the picture is distorted. The legs appear longer to me and the shoes larger in proportion. Looking at the images, doesn't the parked car seem larger that one would expect compared to his head and upper body? That would be the same distortion applied to the upper part of the picture higher than his head, which in still 2 is about the center of image.

As usual, I welcome any input from people more familiar with the technology who might have some insights. In this particular post there is nothing involving enlarging and otherwise enhancing the brightness / contrast of the images, just discussing the original surveillance camera stills. My only insights came from research which others may be able to shed more light on.

And we need more light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member