FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that solving crime for LE is like a sweater, you look for the smallest hole or thread that has been pulled and start to unravel it. Every idea bounced off is not necessarily wrong but can be a piece to the puzzle. I have gone over the surveillance video several times this morning and I still think the POI walked close to the fence on purpose, whether it was to avoid the cameras is certainly up for debate, but one thing I noticed for sure is at 1:06 through 1:18 showed how much too big the POI's shoes were that he/she was wearing. When they stepped, the whole toe of the shoe was flat while the foot was still up in the air. Again, others might not agree, but that is what it looks like to me.

I would think that solving crime for LE is like a sweater, you look for the smallest hole or thread that has been pulled and start to unravel it. Every idea bounced off is not necessarily wrong but can be a piece to the puzzle. I have gone over the surveillance video several times this morning and I still think the POI walked close to the fence on purpose, whether it was to avoid the cameras is certainly up for debate, but one thing I noticed for sure is at 1:06 through 1:18 showed how much too big the POI's shoes were that he/she was wearing. When they stepped, the whole toe of the shoe was flat while the foot was still up in the air. Again, others might not agree, but that is what it looks like to me.

There is a hedge between the fence and POI, and a concrete slope down to the lane at the gate instead of a hedge. It is a driving lane, and he's not walking in the middle of the lane, but he's out from the fence a few feet at least.

I googled images shoes while walking and saw several images with shoes bent exactly same way. Do you have examples of shoes bent while walking that you think would be what you expect to see?

Note also that the picture has barrel distortion and the lower part of POI's body not in proportion to upper part.

I watched several times again and couldn't find a really good example of a normal step, but feel like the unusually wide gait by the POI was probably in lieu of a run which I am sure he/she wanted badly to do. I followed this case in the beginning and wanted so badly for them to find Jennifer but as I do not live in FL, had lost track of the details and the case itself. I was so struck by her parents on TV last week and can't imagine what it must feel like to wake up on January 24 2018 and not know anymore than you knew on January 24, 2006. Where their daughter is, why she was taken and what happened to her. It was brought out in an earlier post that NASA had looked at the footage and not been able to ascertain anything but what year? Technology changes daily, I would want them to look again, if they can see an ant from outer space, surely they can look again and again to try to get a clearer picture. I want some peace for her parents as a parent myself.

Absolutely, sometimes video seems to be presented as the key to the case, even if it is, as usual, poor quality. I'm thinking of Jennifer, Missy Bevers, and Abby and Libby. I also don't trust the height calculations and they could lead to people being wrongly discounted. Although in Abby and Libby's case the images and voice are reasonably clear and should have helped. But still unsolved...

Whoever is responsible for Jennifer's disappearance took a huge risk in returning her car to a populated area where even if they thought there wouldn't be any cameras, an eyewitness may well have observed it. That makes me think the person on the video is "hired help", who may or not be aware of exactly what he is being involved in. But it seems certain that with all the publicity around the case, he would NOW know so there has to be a reason why he would not come forward.
So he was either very well-paid, perhaps already a criminal, and/or had a personal connection to whoever killed Jennifer. Or he is the killer and just not very bright, was panicking to get rid of the car and got lucky. He didn't take the car very far as if he had he would have had to involve another person to drive him back after dumping it. The only things I see from the video is that he moves like a young, fairly fit person and he has that adolescent male build of being skinny with big feet.

The possible knock on the door late Monday night to me is the key, and I can't believe that as soon as that was told to LE that they wouldn't run that down as far as they could. Statistically, the killer is most likely a man in Jennifer's life or past life who wasn't happy with her decisions. Because of the phones shutting off at night and the knock on the door I believe whatever happened started Monday night not Tuesday morning. But Jennifer appeared to have prepared for work, outfits, had work stuff with her. Possibly she left with someone planned or unplanned and thought she would be able to leave for work from his place, or where he was staying. If it was a random abduction then it had to be in the morning so that her work stuff was with her.

I think her lovelife was more complicated than perhaps has been known, and something that has always niggled a bit with me is that Rob, her boyfriend gives some slightly contradictory information (this is just from memory) in the two tv shows I have seen, one that there was an argument, and also that they hadn't yet got to the point where they had said "I love you", and then another time that they said "I love you" in their last phonecall. It's maybe meaningless but you would think that you would remember what was said, given the circumstances.
I think they need to go back to those males in Jennifer's life and pull apart their alibis for Monday night and do some digging, maybe literally, into the areas they frequented back at the time. But going to be very difficult to get enough evidence after all this time without someone growing a conscience.
Bold by me--But I don't think we can be sure that LE didn't take it as far as they could. They certainly should have. I hope they even got him to take a poly.

Regarding Rob, I think he is about the only person that law enforcement looked really, really hard at. If anyone is cleared, I believe it is him. He was given a poly (possibly more than one) and law enforcement got him to stand right in front of the trunk of Jennifer's vehicle when they opened it for the first time. They wanted to see his reaction. So they have been tough on him.

I caught one interview where Mrs. Kesse said Jennifer believed Rob was the one for her; and I think Jenn was a really loyal person. If she thought that, I don't believe she was fooling around with others. This is just a rumor, but I heard that Rob felt that she was his best friend and really, really enjoyed her company, but he was mum on the "love" words. And Jennifer wanted to hear those words. Also, the rumor continues with Rob having survived a very nasty, difficult, painful divorce in his past and he was still recovering from those wounds.

It makes it all the more sad, but I think him and Jennifer would have made such a wonderful couple.

The fact of the matter is that a fencepost obscured the POI's face in both images captured walking by the poolhouse.

There is zero savvy about that and he surely didn't know about the surveillance cameras at that apartment complex to do that. He could have parked across the street in a strip mall parking lot but was apparently trying to point suspicions at residents of the apartment complex.

I agree with probably everything else but this guy was very lucky, not savvy.

Also in the 3rd POI image he does appear to have stopped at the tree and looked back at the Jennifer's car he parked. The "he never looked back" thing (also in her Wilipedia article) is probably the weakest most unbased statement about a suspect in a criminal case ever, and that's saying something.
Bold by me--yes, I agree. And I hope you don't mind if I post a cropped screen shot of it.

It about the only thing I can actually see for myself, out of all the interesting things you all mention that you can see.

2zohml4.jpg

Bold by me--yes, I agree. And I hope you don't mind if I post a cropped screen shot of it.

It about the only thing I can actually see for myself, out of all the interesting things you all mention that you can see.

2zohml4.jpg
I have been going to YouTube and.typing.in Jennifer Jesse and reviewing the first POI video, but wonder if there is a better one to view?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The fact that the car was wiped clean and according to her mom, pawnable items were left inside does not suggest a random crime in my opinion.

Mr. and Mrs. Kesse now say that law enforcement seized the contents of Jenn's vehicle's trunk and that they are not certain that items such as Jenn's briefcase and ipod were not in the trunk. In other words, (I take it to mean) no-one can be certain of what is actually missing.

Here is what doesn't make any sense to me--why would they seize the contents of the trunk, but not the DVD player strapped via seat belts to the back seat? I'm trying to recall a few pictures I have seen of the inside of the vehicle after it was released, and I think her car cell phone charger and some flip-flops were visible, too. (I'll try to look those pictures up, but someone probably knows exactly.)

So, why just seize the trunk contents? Surely, it couldn't be that they think she was in the trunk at some point?

Bold by me. I agree, and I just can't believe that after all this time I finally found someone who also sees it.

It may be just you and me, because I have pointed that out to even my personal friends in private conversations and they say, nah, they don't see it.

I have--finally--chalked it up to the "barrel distortion" that W/S's wonderful poster rd_jfc points out.

I'm still thrilled that you see it, too, though. :)

Agree. Especially pick apart the alibis for that Monday night.
And I understand that with some, they asked them if they would take a poly and when they apparently agreed, law enforcement never gave them the poly. I think LE should follow up and give those polys.

2zohml4.jpg

This is very helpful, Truth, thanks. Feedback (mostly here) was this also was very difficult for many to see, but many do see him turned around and looking back. The other images I have had much less luck getting isolated and sized resulting in as much success as this, even though the holster can be seen in the original image once you know to look for it. Still, didn't move the needle whatsoever in this case.

thanks

I have been going to YouTube and.typing.in Jennifer Jesse and reviewing the first POI video, but wonder if there is a better one to view?

The best video I have seen is here: https://youtu.be/7pnHBqFOstY

However, I think the "face" photo I posted comes from a still of something referred to as "image 3". I offer my apologies to rd_rfc because I'm making such a mess of explaining it.

Here is a link with bigger blowups and maybe Mr. rd_rfc will drop in and explain it correctly. Sorry.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033

This is very helpful, Truth, thanks. Feedback (mostly here) was this also was very difficult for many to see, but many do see him turned around and looking back. The other images I have had much less luck getting isolated and sized resulting in as much success as this, even though the holster can be seen in the original image once you know to look for it. Still, didn't move the needle whatsoever in this case.

thanks
Oh, you are so welcome. You deserve much credit for discovering this. Believe me, it has to be clear or I couldn't see it.

BTW, I didn't see this comment before I posted my message just above. Sorry for any confusion.

There are two camera sources. The camera in middle of roof surveilling the entrance by pool was released as a video. I actually didn't look at that closely until last year because it was such a dark video I couldn't make anything out. Last year I did some work on it and posted here, including the best shot of POI I could grab of him standing next to her car to give another source of relative height. I'm pretty sure I posted that here, can't recall any significant discussion on it.

The other source of images is a surveillance camera on end of poolhouse that was released as a couple of images (I found a third, which was supposed to show POI disappearing behind tree and "not looking back", but I found that he had instead stopped at tree and was looking back.

Those still images are the best detail, especially compared to that video, but the face being obscured in both images really hampers identifying him.

In case anyone wondering, it is not continuous video and there aren't other potential stills of POI other than those two. To save storage space these surveillance cameras were set to collect uver a time span, I was never able to get anyone to provide any info at all on those settings, but there are common settings and it seems to be a 1.5 second or so lapse between images although the camera clock doesn't reflect that with same timestamp on them if I recall.

This timelapse photography added addition distortion to image as POI was moving through the frame during the timelapse. At this point 12 years later the equipment and settings would probably be difficult to find and re-enact even if info became available, so pretty sure OPD got their wish there by withholding that information.

I watched several times again and couldn't find a really good example of a normal step, but feel like the unusually wide gait by the POI was probably in lieu of a run which I am sure he/she wanted badly to do. I followed this case in the beginning and wanted so badly for them to find Jennifer but as I do not live in FL, had lost track of the details and the case itself. I was so struck by her parents on TV last week and can't imagine what it must feel like to wake up on January 24 2018 and not know anymore than you knew on January 24, 2006. Where their daughter is, why she was taken and what happened to her. It was brought out in an earlier post that NASA had looked at the footage and not been able to ascertain anything but what year? Technology changes daily, I would want them to look again, if they can see an ant from outer space, surely they can look again and again to try to get a clearer picture. I want some peace for her parents as a parent myself.
Sorry to be such a thread hog tonight, but I want to reply to this as I think it was me that mentioned this. (Then I'll stop, I promise.)

Bold by me: I think it was right after law enforcement released the video, which was maybe 18 months or so after Jennifer went missing.

I have an old comment from Mr. Kesse which was posted on Jennifer's Guest Book pages:

Snipped: . . . The pictures we have were from a 30 yr old camera, sent not only to NASA for work but also to Walmart's Missing Persons division where they do photo work too. . . . Drew Kesse

He wrote that in January, 2009.

Re-reading that right now, though, makes me realize I'm not clear if it was the actual video they examined or only the stills. I think some of the stills were released within weeks of Jennifer's disappearance. It sounds like it was just the stills.

I guess I'm all for a second look.

There are two camera sources. The camera in middle of roof surveilling the entrance by pool was released as a video. I actually didn't look at that closely until last year because it was such a dark video I couldn't make anything out. Last year I did some work on it and posted here, including the best shot of POI I could grab of him standing next to her car to give another source of relative height. I'm pretty sure I posted that here, can't recall any significant discussion on it.

The other source of images is a surveillance camera on end of poolhouse that was released as a couple of images (I found a third, which was supposed to show POI disappearing behind tree and "not looking back", but I found that he had instead stopped at tree and was looking back.

Those still images are the best detail, especially compared to that video, but the face being obscured in both images really hampers identifying him.

In case anyone wondering, it is not continuous video and there aren't other potential stills of POI other than those two. To save storage space these surveillance cameras were set to collect uver a time span, I was never able to get anyone to provide any info at all on those settings, but there are common settings and it seems to be a 1.5 second or so lapse between images although the camera clock doesn't reflect that with same timestamp on them if I recall.

This timelapse photography added addition distortion to image as POI was moving through the frame during the timelapse. At this point 12 years later the equipment and settings would probably be difficult to find and re-enact even if info became available, so pretty sure OPD got their wish there by withholding that information.
With the tremendous advances in technology, could these images be enhanced to a much greater degree? Asking because I am not very tech savvy in my old age! LOL

The best video I have seen is here: https://youtu.be/7pnHBqFOstY

However, I think the "face" photo I posted comes from a still of something referred to as "image 3". I offer my apologies to rd_rfc because I'm making such a mess of explaining it.

Here is a link with bigger blowups and maybe Mr. rd_rfc will drop in and explain it correctly. Sorry.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033

nope, can't improve on that. I did cross post with you on providing some info on the two camera sources. Thanks Truth.

Mr. and Mrs. Kesse now say that law enforcement seized the contents of Jenn's vehicle's trunk and that they are not certain that items such as Jenn's briefcase and ipod were not in the trunk. In other words, (I take it to mean) no-one can be certain of what is actually missing.

Here is what doesn't make any sense to me--why would they seize the contents of the trunk, but not the DVD player strapped via seat belts to the back seat? I'm trying to recall a few pictures I have seen of the inside of the vehicle after it was released, and I think her car cell phone charger and some flip-flops were visible, too. (I'll try to look those pictures up, but someone probably knows exactly.)

So, why just seize the trunk contents? Surely, it couldn't be that they think she was in the trunk at some point?

I'm finding this difficult to wrap my head around. I just can't believe that parents can be left in such darkness by law enforcement after 12 years, actuallly even a few weeks would be too much. In addition there were large periods of time when OPD said the case was given to the FBI, and the FBI denied they had the case. And still they withhold all info from parents such as what was found and what is missing?

Everytime I catch up with this case I see stuff like this and it is mindboggling. It just keeps getting worse.

I'm finding this difficult to wrap my head around. I just can't believe that parents can be left in such darkness by law enforcement after 12 years, actuallly even a few weeks would be too much. In addition there were large periods of time when OPD said the case was given to the FBI, and the FBI denied they had the case. And still they withhold all info from parents such as what was found and what is missing?

Everytime I catch up with this case I see stuff like this and it is mindboggling. It just keeps getting worse.
Do you think they have a chance of winning their case to get the information?

With the tremendous advances in technology, could these images be enhanced to a much greater degree? Asking because I am not very tech savvy in my old age! LOL

It is as much the people involved as the tech in my opinion. Asking again and having NASA types take another shot at it would be helpful, especially with OPD saying recently that it is a vital clue to the case.

Do you think they have a chance of winning their case to get the information?

OPD stifled the most compelling argument, which was that they were no longer working case and had attempted to punt it to FBI which didn't accept it. It sat for years. Now that Kesses said what they said a detective is said to be assigned to case full time so they would reply to any filing to that effect, would hamper ongoing investigation etc.

However I think at this point that parents have a right to pursue case with a private investigation firm and could/should make that argument in a filing. Let's be clear about why OPD is sitting on whatever they have. It is to make it easier if at some point in upcoming years/decades someone on their deathbed makes a confession or in OPD's dreams someone drops a dime to police. That is police's usual source of solving crimes, after some time it is obvious they are just waiting for a call while they work too many blood spatter cases to handle.

The Kesses talked about hiring a PI a year or two ago and never heard anything more about it. That would have been time to take legal action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298